[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good are palladium boots? I want a good pair of tactical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 18

File: 274117_366_lt.jpg (38KB, 366x366px) Image search: [Google]
274117_366_lt.jpg
38KB, 366x366px
How good are palladium boots? I want a good pair of tactical boots that won't break the bank. (And these look dope as fuck to boot.) Are there any other, more reliable brands I should look at?
>>
Get some surplus jungle boots.

Break them in by soaking them in water, lacing them up real good on your feet and walking 10 miles.

Then, apply a bunch of mink oil to the leather.
>>
>>30581551
Those look autistic as fuck.
protip for buying boots.
>buy them for utility not looks and you will never have regrets.
>>
>>30581558
I know this. I've bought boots before, never any nylon combat boots though.
>>30581557
Stay away from rothco correct?
>>
>>30581566
>Stay away from rothco correct?

Yes, look for actual surplus.
>>
>>30581551
They make good boots, but not for hiking. They're comfy and light weight, good urban trekking boots, nothing more.
>>
>>30581576
There isn't a single surplus store in a 100 mile radius of me, haha. Any good online dealers. You know what boots I really like? The Israeli combat boots with the buckles on top. They seem to be unobtanium though.
>>30581578
That seems to be the consensus every where I look, not good hiking boots.
>>
One of the main things I like about these is the zip side, the ability to get in and out of them quicker than laces in general. Tanker style boots look nice, but corocoran seems to be the only manufacturer, that I've heard of.
>>
>>30581583
You don't need to buy them at a physical surplus store. You can get them online on ebay and such and have them shipped.

Just make sure you know what size military boot you wear.
>>
>>30581609
Will do. I'll probably be picking up a few different pairs of boots over the next few months. I shattered my left ankle while hiking in sandals. So I won't be making that mistake again, plus I'll need the extra support in day to day life, which is the only reason I care about looks.
>>
>>30581609
>what size military boot

Not him, but
I am yet to find a universal size chart for footwear, particularly military footwear, what is a good litmus test for size and width that everyone can use?
>>
File: IMG_20160711_183057.jpg (435KB, 1297x970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_183057.jpg
435KB, 1297x970px
There are lots of current issue combat boots that are pretty cheep. Side zip is a recipe for disaster I'll just say that right off the bat. Just wait tell the zipper busts.

My advice is get some bate's lites. They're my favorite boot I've had while in the Marine Corps. They take some time to get broken in but once they are they're comfy. My Danner RAT Boots on the right here are also comfy as hell but are significantly heavier and more expensive although I know they'll out last the lites.

Depending on where you shop the lites can be had for around 140~ and my advice is to get like two sizes smaller because they run big. And importantly, break them in all boots have a break in period.
>>
>>30581631
>break yer boooots in
When will this meme die?
>>
>>30581631
I'll check em out. Thanks for the heads up. I was already wary of the zipper, but the convenience of it seemed so nice. I'll redouble my search for nice brown leather tanker boots for my every day wear boots.
>>
>>30581647
It's not a meme

Source: I wear boots every day and have gone through multiple pairs.
>>
I was going to ask about Chelsea style boots, but I do not see a pair that amount to anything more than a fashion statement.
>>
>>30581647
Every single human being that actually uses them for rough shit is going to call you a retard ITT
>>
>>30581619
Personally, I like the way jungle boots look. You can also get some surplus hot weather boots that are manufactured using the same pattern, although I hear the cordura isn't as stiff so it has less ankle support. Can't say as I haven't used them.

You'll also want to make sure you get some good fitted insoles made for your feet. Also, wear some Merino Wool socks.

>>30581625

They generally run a little large as they're meant to be worn with thicker wool socks. I usually wear a 12 or so but with military boots I wear an 11 or 11.5.

There's a site that sells surplus where they'll allow you to return them and exchange them for a different size, as they realize that sizing can vary. I can't for the life of me remember which site it was though.
>>
>>30581647
>>30581668
>>30581701

He's making a reference to a thread on here where someone fucked up their feet super hard from wearing boots that weren't broken in. When someone asked if he bothered to break him in he said

">break in your boots

When will this meme die?"
>>
>/k/ - Weapons
>>
>>30581714
Oh shit, I forgot about that
The one where his entire foot was covered in dead soggy skin and shit
>>
File: 1461601087586.jpg (113KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1461601087586.jpg
113KB, 1224x1445px
>>30581647
It's not a meme you fucking retard. I guess you don't break in blue jeans either huh?

Probably not, because you buy them "distressed" so you can look like you actually do something for a living besides sitting on your fat ass. If you've never broken in boots before it's because you're wearing them like sneakers, and should shut the fuck up when grown folks is talking.
>>
>>30581714
>I'll pretend to be a different person to make my super obscure reference that nobody remembers seem relevant and funny!
I am sorry for calling you a retard though, I remember that shit now. Maybe that's why I got so mad, because I don't think I've ever wanted to punch somebody in the face as bad as I did that fucking retard. I think I've repressed it so when the same thing gets brought up again all I get are the emotions and not the actual occurrence. Sorry again for not being dank enough.
>>
File: 1456928358286.png (400KB, 799x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1456928358286.png
400KB, 799x1033px
>>30581631
Idiot question but how would you break boots in? Never had a pair before, need some for hiking/innadesert (no woods here).

Figure I may as well ask someone who seems to have some insight rather than wade through 50 pages of forums of "when I broke mine in" without actual process.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30581705
>They generally run a little large as they're meant to be worn with thicker wool socks. I usually wear a 12 or so but with military boots I wear an 11 or 11.5.

Alright that's a little helpful. I usually wear Columbia boots for innawoods in winter because their size crosses over to waders for duck hunting so I can get outdoor footwear from them knowing it'll fit.

I want to buy a boot that's good for hot weather with a high ankle support like my asshole marine friend wears when we go fishing instead of hiking boots but Columbia usually caters to cold weather and my area clocked a heat index of 114 last week.
So for the time being I nabbed some 11.5r Rothcos for $30 on sale at my surplus shop.

This is going VERY taboo for /k/ but I like the Air Force uniform regulation boots for their color, what's the best boot in that realm?

Pic related is my Columbia boots that are 10/10 until the air temp clears 90 Fahrenheit.
>>
Jungle boots suck dick brah.

Stop recommending that shit.
>>
>>30581764
There's really nothing to it but wearing them. If they're uncomfortable at first, be sure it's not fitment issues (too narrow, toes cramped, or heel sliding around when laced) then start wearing them. Lace them snugly, but not crazy tight and walk an hour or two a day until they're not longer stiff. If your feet get overly sweaty, change your socks. After that just wear them. If after a week of full time wear they don't get more comfortable, they don't fit correctly. If they're comfortable with no obvious fit issue right off the bat, just wear them. All this soaking in water, oil, and other "tricks" are just good ways to fuck over a pair of boots. When they get dirty/dusty, brush them off well. For smooth leather condition OCCASIONALLY with a light coat of mink oil. Let them dry fully in ambient temperature if they get wet, and lightly condition once dry. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>30581764

Pretty much what >>30581839 said, just wear them.
>>
>>30581557
Except dont wet and wear them, just apply saddle soap and wear until good.
>>
I usually wear jungle boots. I wear a 9 in vans and a 8.5 in jungles. IMO there is nothing more comforable and nice looking than a pair of jungle boots, its a robust design and you can polish them. I've got a pair of garrison boots from the 80s (9-83 boots) and all my coworkers though they were dress shoes and often conplimented me on their shine.
>>
>>30581714
>>30581647
Fuck that was a good time to be on /k/, thanks for the smile.
>>
>>30581824
Jungle boots are top tier.
>>
>>30581551
There the kind of boots you can ware all the time and not look like your always in boots. And they are surprisingly comfy. I have a of the mid tops and i love them
>>
File: 81Po3kznaOL._SL1500_.jpg (171KB, 1500x1242px) Image search: [Google]
81Po3kznaOL._SL1500_.jpg
171KB, 1500x1242px
just call me elmer because im fudd to the core
>>
>>30581631
Very much this, dinner and bates boots are legit
I've got a pair of keens that are waterproof and crazy comfy low top boots for hiking if you want more convient.
Best luck op. Sometimes quality costs, boots aren't an area to get cheap on
>>
>>30581551
i rock mid leathers. my fav everyday boot
>>
File: Czech Combat Boots M60.jpg (153KB, 699x700px) Image search: [Google]
Czech Combat Boots M60.jpg
153KB, 699x700px
>>30581551
So I recently bought myself a pair of these. How fucked am I /k/?

[spoiler]Also how do you break them in?[/spoiler]
>>
>>30581764
Just wear them, i just picked up a pair of bellville tatctical flyweight 2's. Took me 2 weeks of raw ankle bones to get broken in but a week after they did i walked a 12 miler in them with absolutely no blisters or hotspots.
>>
>>30581686
That style of work boot is very popular in Australia, especially with farmers. I don't know if those brands are available in your country, but worth a shot.

I've never really worn them though, because they're not recommended for motorcycles, they can slip off in a crash, and there goes your ankles.
>>
>>30581551
Palladium boots are awesome, don't listen to these faggots who don't own them at all. I have a pair of pampa hi's and lo'sThey have pretty good tread and if it slicks out, you can still use it on pavement. Only thing is the rubber is slippery on wet metal or glossed concrete floors. They are pretty durable with double layered canvas and good stitching. Only thing I don't like about mine is that there isn't a gusseted tongue, which means dust and sand can get in and you'll have to drain it. They also don't have a shank and so is super flexible and you'll feel most of the jagged rocks if you walk on em. I wouldn't use them for heavy rucking, light day trips and medium weights are best. They also look casual enough that it wouldn't raise any eyebrows if you're walking down the street on em, if that's something you care about.

>>30581557
You speak like this is easy nowadays. Most of the sizes people actually wear are already bought.Most jungles are now Chinese reproduction, especially after Altama seems to have pulled out.
>>
>>30581551
why the fuck is there a zipper and then laces?
>>
>>30581551
Owned several pairs, all ripped within a couple months.

Except the ones made of cordura (which currently they only make in multicam patterns). Only buy these ones to send a message to these Jewish fucks that they can't keep selling shit that's designed to rip. However, the cordura ones are very rough and will make your ankles bleed until you grow callouses. It got pretty bad but imo it's worth it for cheap boots.
>>
>>30582595
Adjust tightness at first, then be able to put them on/off quickly. Retard.
>>
>>30582595
Are zipper boots new to you? You use the laces to tighten the boot to your liking, then use the zipper for quick on and off so you don't have to relace each time.
>>
File: 20130627_140756.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130627_140756.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>30581551
>tactical boots
Ok, so what the fuck are you using them for? Helps to know end purpose before recommending something.

Also, fuck all of you putting up your shitty surplus. regulation boots suck for just about everything but ankle support. They're heavy, don't breathe hardly at all, and they have shitty insoles and rubber block outsoles.

OP, if you want a a good outdoors boot, I like the salomon quests. knocked out a third of the pct and some other shorter trails on one pair. On the cheaper side, merrel and vasque make decent boots for the price.
>>
>>30581551
Shitty fashion boots that come apart faster than an unhappy marriage if you actually put any use on them harder than walking on a sidewalk to work.

might as well wear doc martens if you want a play pretend boot.
>>
>>30581714
You are correct I was. That thread had me laughing hard for days....hell it still does! Anyone have a screen cap of it?
>>
I bough two pairs last time they had a sale for 20 bucks each. Made a thread about it where some other guys bought.

I like them for being casual wear, nice enough to wear to office (jeans and tshirt office) but better than other "fashion" shit that people wear.

Not "tactical" booths though.
>>
File: 31ZMBUaWEeL.jpg (78KB, 1177x546px) Image search: [Google]
31ZMBUaWEeL.jpg
78KB, 1177x546px
>>30582424
Got a secret for you, and everyone here. Its called a boot stretcher. Fuck everyone who wants to waste time and pain.

https://www.amazon.com/FootFitter-Premium-Professional-Stretcher-Stretching/dp/B000PMPTGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468248074&sr=8-1&keywords=boot+stretcher

Now you know what those weird wooden things were your grandparents had.
>>
>>30582566
>especially after Altama seems to have pulled out.

Altama still makes jungle boots, bro. They came out with a new version with a different sole too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq76mBZAzIw
>>
>>30582566
>>30583075

Also, tell me your boot size and I'll try and find you a pair of surplus jungle boots.
>>
Don't be a tactiqueer. My "tactical boots" are just LL Bean hunting shoes. They're designed for going innawoods and killing shit, but without the "look at me I'm an oper8r" faggotry. Hiking boots aimed at normies are another good bet.
>>
>>30581785
What the fuck is that giant ballsack looking thing in the background there? Is that some kind of raw poultry?
>>
>>30581551
http://www.altama.com/usa_en/divisions.html

I liked my Altamas.
>>
>>30583202
Which one is the best pair for civvies that wanna go innawoods for mountaineering or trail running?
>>
>>30581608
boots with zippers are for women, men tie there laces.
>>
>>30583232
I had two pairs of the old GI all leather ones with the vulcanized rubber soles. I don't think they even make them anymore. They have a "Mountain" section though, so you might go there amd see if there's any styles you like. You might go to /out/ and see if they have any suggestions for trail running. I just used mine for hiking and work boots.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 620x372px
>>30583005
This has been the only correct response so far.
>how do I
Use google faggot.
>how much does this
Use google faggot.
>where will I
Use google faggot.
Some of you people act like you're brain dead and don't have any fucking fingers or common sense.
>>
>>30582424
I fell for these meme shoes and regretted it desu

They're uncomfortable as fuck and take too long to put on
>>
File: 00608_trans_IS.png (127KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
00608_trans_IS.png
127KB, 320x400px
Got a pair of red wing 608's for work, and Danner combat hiker's for ... hiking? The Red Wings are ridiculously comfy. I wear them 8-12 hours a day and feels like im getting a nice hug from my mother on my feet.
>>
File: Garmont-T8-Bifida-Review-Upper.jpg (536KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Garmont-T8-Bifida-Review-Upper.jpg
536KB, 900x506px
>>30581551
I very much like my Palladium Pallabrouse baggy boots. Have a pair in just black and stonewash, been using and abusing both for about two years for regular walking and the occasional hike. Great value for $60 for buying from Amazon.

Also got a pair of Garmont T8s just before I went to Germany for training. Great fucking pair of boots and I love how they can vaguely pass off for high-top sneakers from a distance. Very comfortable after breaking them in with great ankle support.
>>
>>30583082
>>
>>30583351
Maybe we just wanted advice from the people who claim to know what they're doing. That's pretty much what this board is for. No one is making you reply either.
>>
File: 1335975438432.jpg (343KB, 2592x1458px) Image search: [Google]
1335975438432.jpg
343KB, 2592x1458px
>>30583797
>Redwing 308's

Mah nigga
>>
>>30584121
Seconding garmont t8s

lived thru a 9 month combat deployment wearing 95% of the time and the rest of that year. only stopped using them because a hole got worn into the heel from sheer use and were no longer AR670 compliant
>>
>>30584449
PS: they fit me well from the start but required almost no wear in, did an 18 mile ruck-run for a neato foreign award with them and was loving life after it when my feet were NOT totally destroyed
>>
>>30582319
got the same pair amigo, love them
>>
File: Lain.png (402KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Lain.png
402KB, 598x1021px
>>30581839
That's actually great to know, thank you! Any recommendations?

Also what the hell are jungle boots?
>>
>>30581744
>the guy who got trenchfoot and thought breaking in boots was a meme.
>super obscure
>not funny
I've been on /k/ for 3 months: the post
>>
>>30586393
Nylon uppers instead of leather for hot weather.
>>
All the faggots in here with suggestions besides danner and altama enjoy your heavy, broken before 200 miles peices of shit.
-surveyorfag
>>
>>30581551
Under Armor boots are great imo senpai.
Bates are good, but not as comfy.

Just my opinion mate.

That's spending a bit though.

Academy has tactical performance jungle boots, although I can't speak for the quality or comfort of them, they seem like copies of bates for much cheaper.

I know police officers that use those tac performance boots. No idea how they like them compared to the bates though, never asked.
>>
>>30582319
I had some of these, not bad at all. They stayed waterproof for a damn long time
>>
>>30581551
>palladium boots
I got some onsale

They arent designed for rucking or anything, mainly looking hip as fuck. When its wet the tread basically turns into slip-n-slide
>>
File: Palladium Boots.jpg (114KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
Palladium Boots.jpg
114KB, 680x454px
>>30581551
>How good are palladium boots?

They're hipster girls fashion "boots".
>>
File: nextleveloperator.gif (2MB, 163x86px) Image search: [Google]
nextleveloperator.gif
2MB, 163x86px
>>30581583

You want surplus French army boots.

Totally overbuilt, indestructible classic looking boots.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/french-double-buckle-boots-surplus/22388

Also check French eBay for "rangers botes"
>>
>>30581557
Jungle boots are garbage. Might as well strap some 2 by 4's to your feet and wrap it in leather.
>>
look what i picked up at work today.
someone had returned these and since they were in my size i figured what the hell.
Belleville.
Goretex bootie.
and low, low price.
>>
File: f.jpg (986KB, 3296x2472px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
986KB, 3296x2472px
>>
File: s.jpg (285KB, 3137x1887px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
285KB, 3137x1887px
>>30589509
>>
Get a pair of chucks
>>
>>30589509
Are those the Canadian Issued WW boots?
>>
>>30583082
9.5w
>>
If you're not wearing spats with those I'll be very disappointed.
>>
>>30589221
Oh shit son, I like those.
>>
They are comfy and good for daily wear, but not for anything more. I haven't had a pair last more than a year and I work in an office.
>>
>>30589552
negative
>>
>>30581551
>To boot
I see what you did there
>>
What are some good recommendations for insole replacements on hiking boots or shoes?
>>
>>30581619
I'm in the same boat. Slipped last year and landed in my right ankle and totally fubar'd that shit. I bought a good pair of mid height merrells after surgeries were done and bones healed (~5 months) Nd they were instrumental in learning to walk again. I still have days I have to wear them instead of dress shoes or whatever er. I highly recommend them.
>>
>>30581551
Belleville boots. You're welcome. I have a pair that are still in relatively good shape after 5 years of daily use.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.