[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 41

File: 1445289035483.jpg (377KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445289035483.jpg
377KB, 1900x1000px
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

>Canada post strike has been delayed for 30 days no service disruption until August
>Alternatives for shipping fireams are Canpar/Loomis, Purolator
>Alternatives for ammo/primers/powder are all the previous plus fedEx, DHL (Others companies may allow transport of ammo search for "courier name" + "1.4s" for more information)
>Gilboa rifles approved for sale as restricted AR-15 variant.
>>
what 9mm pistol would you guys recommend for somebody learning to shoot handguns and getting into ipsc a little bit
>>
>>30577833

gen 3 glock 17.
>>
>>30577833
Honestly,you'll have to fingerfuck a whole bunch before you find one that fits your hand because they all have slightly different ergonomics. Find a range where you can try a few then decide.
>>
>>30577890

We good nigga

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-union-labour-lock-out-mail-1.3672570
>>
>>30577874
i've shot the following so far at a rental range:
>92fs
>p226
>hk p30L
>hi power
>g17 gen 4

>>30577859
why gen 3 over gen 4?
>>
>>30577906
Yeah lol thats what i get for not reading and article fully.
>>
>>30577918
Gen 3's arguably have a better grip/fit.
>>
How do local private sales work for restricted firearms? I send the guy money and PAL, he makes the transfer, then I can just meet up with him and pick up the gun or what?
>>
What's preventing from chopping down my barrel on a bolt gun? So long as it's above the 26" OAL.
>>
>>30577987
He gives you a transfer number
you call to approve
wait for approval
STATT for local pickup or he mails at this point
>>
Do the RCMP always ask you to get your therapist/family doctor/etc to send in a note saying you're safe if you have been diagnosed with depression in the last 5 years?

My doctor retired and the last time I saw him was a year ago, I was diagnosed with depression and a few other things 2 years ago but haven't been taking meds for a year as well, as I don't see the need to anymore.

Can I check yes and then attach a letter explaining the situation written by myself and that'll be enough? Or are they going to ask for a letter from my doctor, because if so I'm fucked
>>
When shipping a firearm, is it customary to put it in a normal shipping box to conceal the fact that it's a firearm or to ship a locked pistol case for example?
>>
>>30578208
Just lie

>>30578360
Its basically required
>>
>>30578208
Its has to be from a doctor, i had to do the same thing cause i was perscribed add meds as a kid, took them 4 months of me asking whats up to tell me oh you just need a doctors note and your good, cunts
>>
>>30578385

And you don't need to write anything on the box saying it's a firearm?
>>
>>30578385
Just lie? That's a terrible idea
>>
>>30578440
Nope, just cant send airmail dont even need to tell the postal service.
>>
>>30578360
restricted firearms must be locked in transport. postal shipping counts as transport, so handguns will always be locked up.

nonrestricteds will just ship in their brand boxes, which is usually wrapped in another layer of plain cardboard and then plastic wrap of some kind for protection/concealment. restricted rifles are usually sent with a trigger lock or chamber cable or something to that nature.
>>
>>30578396
So what? I just go into a walk in clinic and then see a doctor and ask him to write a note?
>>
>>30578457
>>30578464

Can anyone residing at the residence sign for the package or must it be me with the PAL?
>>
>>30578440
Illegal to actually identify what is in the box
>>
>>30578487
Anyone, theres actually nothing stopping them from doing so.
>>
So I'm looking for a camping gun, and have narrowed it down to a Winchester SXP and a Mossberg 500. The Mossberg comes with a pistol grip without a buttstock and a shorter barrel, so I figured it would be better for camping. Which has more aftermarket options? Which is better in general? They both are going for about $400.
>>
>>30578502
>>30578504

Okee Doke. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>30578520
Maverick 88 really ain't that bad, I just bought one and put a little everything through it and it was worth the $260. So if you don't have one, I would consider.
>>
>>30578396

>as a kid

Isn't it just within the last 5 years though?
>>
>>30578549

I was considering this also, but I just feel like the Mossberg might be a good choice because the one at my LGS is already set up perfectly for backpacking.
>>
File: AvatarForum.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8KB, 200x200px
>mfw buying two guns before I even get to shoot the first one I've bought
>>
>>30578086
>STATT for local pickup or he mails at this point
Bill C-42, which passed in June 2015, no longer requires any sort of ATT. All RPAL holders already have an ATT built-in to their license.

The only reason to call the CFP at this point would be to confirm that the transfer was successful. You wouldn't want to pick up the gun before it's actually approved, now would you?
>>
>>30578811
LTATT does not cover travel to random locations for pickup only postal depots, ranges, gunsmiths, entry points.
>>
>>30578832
>>30578811

S'ok. Dude only ships and since not even Canada Post would know what is in the box, I guess anyone who is going to sign for it won't know either.

:^)
>>
>>30578481
If its a new doctor he might have to evaluate you or say he did
>>
Texas here quick question.
Might be moving to BC, Canada for several months because of my job. Is it possible to be bring a pistol with me to your country with me?
>>
>>30578869
Technically yes, but it's not worth the trouble.

It's probably cheaper & less time-consuming to just start anew; get a Canadian license, then buy a new pistol from a Canadian retailer.
>>
>>30578912
Lots of red tape to cut through?
>>
>>30578869
Cant bring pistols 4" or under, cant bring mags over 10, cant bring anything in 25 or 32.
>>
>>30578927
Yes. From what I hear, it's actually the American side of things that'll be harder. Though that's not to say the Canadian side will be easy.

Again, shit is so frustrating that you might find it easier to just start over. And I'll just say this now, but there is no open or conceal carry in this country. The only legitimate use for handguns is target sports at the range.
>>
>>30578939
>>30578982
Well fuck
>>
Wait, how to ATT's work again now that they've been rolled into the RPAL? If I never had one before, and wanted to get a restricted do I still have to apply?
>>
>>30579062
Its done automatically you get a new card in the mail after you buy. Then you get blanket LTATT still need registration papers tho.
>>
>>30579087
So you're saying, that once I buy and register a restricted firearm I automatically get a new RPAL with the LTATT rolled into it? Don't I still need a range membership to register my restricted though?
>>
>>30579168
Some provinces require range membership before buying restricted.
>>
>>30579196
But does this range technically need to be in the province? I mean, if you were to have a membership to some cheap BC range but live in Alberta, there's no way for them to stop you from going to another range you don't have a membership to, right?
>>
>>30579228
I believe so because the LTATT only counts for your province.
>>
>>30579228

I read on reddit (sorry.) some story about a guy trying to get a gun in Ontario with a BC membership and the CFO wasn't having any of it. It sounds like it's more based on the CFO than any actual law or policy.
>>
>>30579248
Just as I would expect from our laws.
>>
>>30579228
depends on the proximity

if you live in the middle of the crowsnest pass and your range happens to be 50km into the bc side, but you live in the alberta side, you might get away with it

if you live in edmonton and are trying to sign up for a range in nanimo because it's $25 for a year, the CFO is going to see your request and call you and ask why the fuck don't you sign up for a range that isn't 1000km away

the guys in BC get away with signing up for that cheap range while theyre waiting for their real range membership application to go through because THEY LIVE IN BC! they can make a plausible claim that all the other ranges are full and they had no other choice than the cheapo range (that happens to barely exist)

dont think i dont know what youre doing anon
>>
>>30579328
But all the ranges near me are like $300 a year and often already full!
>>
>>30579366
>300 a year

try 600 a year pal

>such is life in calgary
>>
>>30579366
I just use Silvercore for my Restricteds. Much cheaper that way, though I may switch to something local when it expires. Right now, I just shoot on CL.

Don't do that, though.
>>
>>30579594
>be me
>noguns
>go on /k/
>make up stories about being a badass
>anons kind of respect me at first
>write this really good one about dropping a loaded gun on the floor of a tim horton's
>anons start calling me the legend
>make a tripcode for myself so i can get recognized and stuff on 4chan
>gotta keep pressing the edgy illegal activities to maintain my image
>eventually gets stale
>creative resources running thin
>anons circulate a rumor that i'm an undercover rcmp agent
>anons interested in me again
>all is well
>deny the allegations, but it only seems to bolster anon's confidence in the rumor
>keep playing coy
>going well so far
>>
File: Cooey16ga.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cooey16ga.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone know how well a Cooey 84 handles modern shotgun rounds?

I'm thinking about getting one since it's a pretty cool and inexpensive piece of Canadian history.
>>
>>30579721
break action shotguns are generally robust

16ga rounds can be hard to find though
>>
>>30579733
I forgot that this pic is of a 16g. I'm looking to buy a 12g for obvious reasons.

I'm just wondering if I should stick to low brass loads when I get one. I'm looking to get one that's pre Winchester buyout so it will be over 60 years old and I don't want to blow it to pieces right after I get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 481x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 481x258px
>>30579696
You sound mad, friend.
>HOW DARE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING I DO NOT APPROVE OF
>HE MUST BE LYING
>>
>>30579836

I have one of those shitty old Excel break action shotguns and it handles modern target loads just fine. The most I've put through it have been grouse loads though, I'd be very hesitant to use anything hotter than that (no magnum loads or steel for sure).
>>
>>30578083
If you're cutting the barrel yourself as opposed to buying a factory made short one it has to be over 18"
>>
What are our home defense laws like these days?

Do we still have to go through a 2-3 year long trial only to be acquitted if we shoot someone breaking into our home?
>>
>>30579696
No one respected Crazy Tok Guy, nor consider him a legend.

I was there when he first posted. Reactions were a mix of "I don't really give a crap" and "Oh wow, what a fucking dumbass." No one actually admires him for what he allegedly did.
>>
>>30579836
Pressure specs for shotguns have not changed in well over 100 years. Brass height has been meaningless for anything other than marketing since plastic hulls arrived.
Stick to the right length and avoid steel or tungsten shot and you'll be fine.
>>
File: VZ-58 stripped.jpg (325KB, 1221x600px) Image search: [Google]
VZ-58 stripped.jpg
325KB, 1221x600px
>You will never own a VZ-58, or any gun, with a fun switch regardless of how much money you have
Oh Linda, why must you tempt me so with your promises of 800rpm that will never come true for me?
>>
>>30579972
youre mistaken

in fact, i don't quite see how you could possibly detect even a slightly irritated tone in my little greentext story. i am simply the bard of the board, retelling the failed saga of a lonely rcmp agent ostracized from his colleagues and forced to investigate an online benghazi of memes and noguns faggotrons.
>>
>>30579836
my uncle has a stevens side by side from the 40s that he blasts geese with every year
>>
>>30580105
Most people probably have him filtered anyway like most of the tripfags
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 1192x830px
>>30580500
>You will never get paid to browse /k/, shitpost in /arg/, read "/k/ Planes" threads and fap to anime and traps on your government-issue laptop that's 7 years out of date
>>
>>30580509
>TFW no family heirlooms
I'll probably get a sporter Enfield from my GF's family that her grandpa owned when I marry her, though her dad might have to croak first, which would make me sad because he's a pretty cool guy.
>>
Do you need a PAL to possess a gun? I was told recently you only need one to buy a gun. If I inherit a gun from a deceased family member would I be in the clear? I want guns, but I don't want to be on govts shitist of registered gun owners.
>>
Is there anything in the law that says restricted firearms must be shipped directly to the address on the buyers PAL?
>>
>>30582585

yes, that is why it is a "Possession and Acquisition Licence"

if you are in possession without a licence, thats a crime. thats why the old FAC's were better.
>>
>>30578083
Both my shotgun and rifle have short barrel, but I bought them like that. If anyone gives me shit I can just email them a copy of the receipt.

What you are talking about would make your rifle a prohibited firearm, so I do not recommend your course of action. If you are still dead set on the idea, make sure to crown the muzzle correctly so it looks like it's from the factory. Also, don't cut it at a weird length, 14" sounds more believable than 13.5675". Finally, don't say shit about it; as far as everyone else is concerned, it's always been that way. Remember, the onus is on the crown to prove guilt, not you to prove innocence, but you can do their job for them if you blab.
>>
>>30578487
There is nothing stopping someone else in the residence from signing for it, since presumably the CanadaPost guys don't know what's inside. But, on the infinitesimally small chance that they get stopped by the police, I wouldn't want my gun getting confiscated because it was in the care and control of someone without a PAL.
>>
File: 500px-Moss500Persuader.jpg (16KB, 500x159px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Moss500Persuader.jpg
16KB, 500x159px
>>30578709
Mossberg 500 is the slightly better quality version of the Maverick 88. Main difference is that the Maverick has a pinned fore-end, so changing it out is difficult. The Mossberg 500's aftermarket is second only to the Remington 870. There are tons of fore-ends, stocks, shell carriers, etc. available. You might want a folding stock so that the gun stays compact when stored but you can shoot accurately when it's extended. Pic related is an example.
>>
>>30582585
There used to be an option for a possession-only licence. Now it's all streamlined into a PAL; which has it's pros (1 fucking licence, less red tape) and it's cons (everyone needs one).
>>
>>30582743
It's part of the ATT conditions to transport in the most direct route possible. I suspect you could have it shipped directly to a gunsmith instead of your home though.

See here under question 14:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/notice-avis-2015-09-eng.htm
>>
>>30583034

OK. I guess that means I can't use Canada Posts Flex Delivery even though the same would happen if no one was home at the time of delivery?
>>
>>30582585

To legally acquire a firearm by any means, including through inheritance, the recipient is required to hold a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). Form RCMP 5592 is required to apply for a PAL or to upgrade licence privileges for different firearm classes. A PAL is valid only for the class or classes of firearms listed on it.
>>
>>30583123
I honestly don't know; I would ask your CFO. Not that they'll necessarily know or tell you the truth.
>>
Hey what's this bullshit that I have to wait for the transfer papers or whatever before I can bring my newly acquired handgun from a private sale to the range?
>>
How long does it take for the CFO to approve and send the seller approval of a transfer so that he can ship it out?
>>
>>30578850
you can pick it up from the mail
>>
>>30583349
Once both sides receive the email that the transfer is complete, your registration slips should be mailed out. You need that paper for transport, though your RPAL now functions as an ATT. However, once you receive the email, you should be good to take it home, at least.
>>30584088
It varies between provinces. AB is pretty quick-a CFO rep here told me that their policy is to get transfers done in 24-48 hours. My record is 2hrs. However, some provinces basically have a "fuck you, you get it when we get around to it" mentality, it seems. I just did a trade with a guy in Ontario, and I got the transfer, received the gun from him, got the papers and took it out for the first time before his transfer cleared. I kinda felt like a dick, holding onto both for so long, to be honest.
>>
u canadians need 2 stop shooting ur helpless defenceless furry creatures desu u guys r worse than americans
>>
what guns do you guys take for innawoods oper8or role play run n gun drill faggotry type events?

thinking some kind of rifle but i don't want to spend thousands of canadabux on a tavor yet, plus they seem to be sold out most places
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x200px
>>30584567
The meat tastes better when it's been murdered in cold blood.
>>
>>30582910

I'll probably end up taking the Mossberg just because of all the aftermarket options. This way I don't need two different shotguns for camping and hunting, I just have my Mossberg with multiple stocks/barrels.
>>
>>30584482

So you bought from him? You called your CFO and they sent you a paper or email before he sent the firearm to you?
>>
>>30584726
Yes. We traded firearms, specifically. We both contacted our CFO office. After my transfer was cleared, I received an email that contained a Transfer Notification PDF telling me the firearm was now in my name. At that point, the firearm could be shipped TO MY RESIDENCE, since shipping it, say, to a LGS would still require the Registration paper to take home. Once that paper came in the mail, since my RPAL functions as an ATT, I could take it to the range.

The issue was with how slow his CFO was. I had the entire process complete and received my new gun before the transfer on his end was completed.
>>
>>30584925

OK. Well we're both in Ontario so who knows how long thatll take for either of us.
>>
>>30584949
Last transfer I did was 2 weeks ago transfer took 3h still waiting on the registration papers tho.

Average transfer time in Ontario seems to be 2-3 days.
>>
Is it true that Canadian gun owners have small penises? Honestly, the CFO should do mandatory penis inspection tests on PAL owners to compile data for statscan.
>number of guns you own
>ur erection size

3 and 5.5 inches
>>
>>30584925
>since shipping it, say, to a LGS would still require the Registration paper to take home

not the other guy, but what if i'm going to be storing the gun at the range? like if im buying a used gun of the cgnEE, do i have them send it to the gun club for storage? my landlord is a cunt and will evict me if they see any guns going in to the building

>just sneak it in breh

i cant breh, literally cannot take that risk under any circumstances. yes i am in the process of moving but i have several months left on the lease so whaddayagonnado?
>>
>>30585025

Are you me?
>>
>>30585025
>>
>>30585052

If it's a handgun just get a small cash box or one of those small one pistol gun safes and keep it in a drawer. If it's a non restricted then you have no choice but to wait until you move out. I'm in the same predicament with my parents but they don't know I'll soon have three handguns :^)
>>
>>30585112
i have a pelican case to store it in, but it's too risky. they're allowed to enter your room for maintenance and shit, plus if anybody ever tipped them off (idk why anybody would but libtards gonna tard amirite?) i would be fucked because they have a very strict no weapons policy
>>
>>30585220

So you signed a lease saying no guns allowed?

http://m.canadianrealestatemagazine.ca/news/can-landlords-evict-a-tenant-for-possessing-a-firearm-188642.aspx
>>
>>30585025
8 and I've never actually bothered to measure it.
Eyeballing it... 5 - 5.5 maybe?
>>
>>30585277
its a residence owned by the university
>>
>>30584624

VZ58?
>>
>>30585025
Id be okay with that
>>
>>30579248
Probably an old story then, Ontario CFO does not require any range membership to buy restricteds.
>>
>>30580096
Nope. Harper's common sense gun bill gave us castle law. Look it up.
It is now established as legal to shoot an intruder if you fear for your life or property.

Libs want to repeal it though, so let's see if we still have it in a few years.
>>
File: bLrfbYw.jpg (33KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
bLrfbYw.jpg
33KB, 500x248px
>>30585025
>12 and 6.5
I think it grows as you buy more guns.
You should buy several more guns.
>>
>>30585025
Can confirm >>30586296
19, 7"
>>
>>30585025

CFO pls go
>>
>>30585052

If you get a rifle just buy a guitar case and put it in there.
>>
>>30585025
3 guns, 7 inches. I actually wouldn't want more than 0.25" more length desu senpai, gf is already getting pushed to her limits, though it does come in handy convincing her to be ok with me getting more guns.
>>
>>30585052
If you never signed a paper that said "no weapons" or "no firearms" then they can't actually evict you. Usually they'll have a document for you to sign with the conditions that says things like "no loud parties" and all that, if it never said "no guns" then they can't actually evict you, and you can sue them if they try.
>>
anyone here have a JR carbine?

can i put a full length daniel defence quad rail on that sucker for muh aesthetics? i hate the look of that skinny little barrel peeping out 8" from the forend; it looks like a dog's dick
>>
>>30586840

Not that guy but mine said "No illegal firearms" so I assume I'm okay.
>>
>>30587437
Yeah, big difference between legal and illegal firearms. Mine also said no illegal firearms, and no explosives. I still have tins of surplus ammo in my closet.
>>
>>30587463

I think it also said "no human trafficking" or something. I don't imagine if someone was going to do that, they'd be deterred by a lease agreement.
>>
>>30587492
>Well I was going to run these Russian brides through my apartment, but my landlord would frown on it so I better not.
>I guess I'll just stick with helping these cute singles in my area hook up with the men they want.
>>
>>30579484
42$ for family membership in southern ab
>>
>>30584482
My transfers take abouut two weeks in alberta, I have done16 of them in the last 1.5 years
>>
>>30587654
If you ask for an email copy you can get them faster.
>>
>>30587437
>>30587463
Funny that a tenancy agreement has to specify that. I kinda figured illegal stuff would go without saying.

>>30587492
>>30587528
I'm no lawyer, but I heard that the law can be rather vague on prostitution. My best guess is that they had to put "no human trafficking" to make sure the whores are being treated humanely.
>>
>>30587675
>Funny that a tenancy agreement has to specify that. I kinda figured illegal stuff would go without saying.
It's so they can actually evict you, otherwise, if they keep paying, then they can keep the apartment, at least until the end of the lease. Could potentially result in unsavoury characters using it as a hangout in the event of the actual renter going to prison otherwise.
>>
>>30577547
anyone have news about the bills that were in a second reading to fuck us over, the name escapes me now
>>
>>30587909
S-223 its in the queue the gov is gonna argue about it for a while. I'll post stuff in the OP if anything changes.
>>
Would a heavy duty cash box that is not bolted down be satisfactory for a single handgun and storage laws?
>>
>>30587959
It counts as a container so it needs a lock(if it doesn't have one built in) and a trigger lock.
>>
>>30587909
Bill S-223.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8177186
>>
File: angry kermit.png (17KB, 467x453px) Image search: [Google]
angry kermit.png
17KB, 467x453px
>>30587949
>>30587981
senate bills rarely go anywhere, especially one as fucking insane and over reaching as this
>>
>>30588040
This one's so outrageous that even some Liberal MPs are against it.
>>
>>30587976

It has a key lock.
>>
File: scarjo.jpg (157KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
scarjo.jpg
157KB, 766x1024px
>>30587981
>>30588040

>sponsored by some broad

color me surprised.
>>
>>30588077
Since it wasn't designed to store firearms you still need a trigger lock but you can use it as legal storage.
>>
>>30588107

Well of course I'll have a trigger lock, it's going to be for a handgun.
>>
>>30578520
Mossberg 500 has far better aftermarket, for example you can easily pick up a stock if you don't like the pistol grip alone. The Winchester, however, I've also heard (though not experienced) is a pretty good gun, and I believe some aftermarket parts might fit on it . I myself have a Mossberg that I put a few aftermarket pieces on and they make for great woods guns.
>>
>>30588240
Fuck, Mossberg has all of my money.

I bought an 18.5" 500 for tactical shooting at the range.

Now I'm interested in getting longer barrels for things like skeet shooting and hunting.

A barrel is like $270-300 brand new.

Just buying another 500 with the longer barrel is like $370 brand new.

Small different in price, and I get more parts to boot.

I really don't need a second shotgun, but they've made it way too easy for me.
>>
If my gun cabinet isnt bolted to the ground (renting) I just have to have a trigger lock or wire lock on my non-restricted rifles, right?
>>
>>30588384

There's nothing in the law that says anything needs to be bolted down. Non restricted within a lockable cabinet is fine with no trigger lock.
>>
File: safestoragecanada.jpg (56KB, 461x626px) Image search: [Google]
safestoragecanada.jpg
56KB, 461x626px
>>30588384
>>
>>30588580
>>30588480

Ah. It's just something my CFSC instructor said; that they need to be bolted down. He also said our references couldn't be family members... Maybe he's just a bit outdated/wrong with this info. Thanks guys.
>>
>>30588669

My two references were my mother and my sister. They only called my sister and it lasted 3 min.
>>
>>30588669
Bolting down stuff is an Ontario CFO thing only. Probably holds no legal weight.
>>
>>30588669

My instructor was big on going above and beyond the law, like.. yeah this is legal, but "don't you want to be absolutely sure some faggot doesn't get your rifle from your ikea dresser and use it to hold up a bank? Buy a safe you cheap fuck."
>>
>>30588683

Ditto for me.
>>
>>30588703

>mfw drawer safe in bottom of Ikea drawer
>>
File: bank-robbery.jpg (98KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
bank-robbery.jpg
98KB, 1024x685px
>>30588792
>>
>>30588812

>thief breaks into home
>thief breaks into safe
>thief steals gun
>thief uses gun for bank robbery
>firearm owner is thrown in jail for not bolting down their safe

Sounds like they're blaming the victim, which is me, the firearm owner.
>>
>>30588848

nah of course you wouldn't be legally culpable. I'd just feel like a cunt for half assed securing it. Of course in a safe that isn't the issue, I'm just being a cunt. But I wouldn't leave a rifle under the bed or something, even with the bolt removed.
>>
>>30588332
I'm the same way, sorta. I plan to have, like, 5 Toks and 4 SKSes, just so I can do some builds and leave one stock. Thankfully they're all so cheap.
>>
>>30588102
Hey don't be that way, most women are at least decent most of the time. The senator that wrote this is batshit insane all the time, and then she hit menopause.
>>
>>30588873
I had to leave my rifle in a plastic case for a while with just a trigger lock, but I got a cabinet as soon as I could. I'm not bolting it down while I'm in an apartment though.
>>
>>30588332
Agreed, barrels are a pain in the ass. I'm considering selling my "Mossberg 500" which is an action without a barrel. I was swapping a Mav 88 barrel between both guns but while it works great in the Maverick all of my various loads shoot exceedingly high out of my 500 with it on. And since I bought the receiver barrel-less with cost effectiveness in mind paying $300 for a barrel seems to defeat the purpose.
>>
>>30588812
Great movie
>>
>>30589606
I got myself a second hand Mossberg 500 for $225 with a 30" bird hunting barrel on it, full choke built in. I'd be ok with getting a short cylinder bore barrel for another $250 or so.
>>
>>30580448
It can come true. Just get a parts kit that has the fun switch components, mill out the cube that blocks it, and don't tell Dudley Do-Right.
>>
>>30588703
This.

Trigger and cable locks are only good for compliance with the law.

If you want your shit secure, get a safe.
>>
Can a seller ship a restricted before either of us get an approved CFO transfer?
>>
>>30589906

Disregard this question, I suck cocks.

Second question: Do I need an ATT or special permission paper from the RCMP to pick up a restricted firearm from the postal office?
>>
File: EUc74Ee.jpg (45KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
EUc74Ee.jpg
45KB, 500x667px
Are there any actual /RCMP/ here? I'm interested in applying. Little about me: 24, spent several years in the reserves from 17 to 20, undergrad degree and related postgrad accreditation. Currently working in consulting. Main question is, are there automatic substance use disqualifications or is everything permissible, given enough time has passed?
>>
>>30589645

Is it from a movie? I just grabbed it off GIS
>>
>>30589990
>Second question: Do I need an ATT or special permission paper from the RCMP to pick up a restricted firearm from the postal office?

No. It's a box. Anything could be in there.
>>
>>30589990
No, just wait until you're home to open it however.
>>
File: Canadian Gun Control.jpg (987KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Gun Control.jpg
987KB, 2000x1500px
>>
thinking of buying a Mauser of some form.
debating between a history rich german RC k98...or essentially a brand new yugo m48...thoughts?
>>
>>30590759
yugo capture k98 is another option. usually cheaper and in better condition than the RC ones
>>
>>30590774
my bad, i didnt see this was the canada thread. i dont know if this still applies to you guys up there
>>
>>30590774

Where would you find that?
>>
>>30589827
Not him, but there is no way it's that easy.
>Please tell me it's that easy
>>
>>30591088
He's leaving out the part where you also have to have access to machining equipment and the plans for a F/A receiver.
>>
>>30588046
no need to worry about this one bros

remember what happened to the liberal party after they tried to pull that long gun registry shit?

they just got their faggy little foot in the door; they're not going to fuck up their leadership now with some fascist antigun bill
>>
>>30591130
Well, there must be plans online. What else is the Internet for?
>>
>>30590062
pretty sure they give you a polygraph test and psych evaluation, but there is some leniency.

they're looking for honest do-gooders more than anything. they'd rather have an honest cop who maybe fooled around a bit in his teen years than a straight laced cop who only wants in the service for the power trip
>>
>>30591225
Please. Do F/A receiver plans exist?
>For educational purposes only, obviously
>>
>>30591225
>>30591387
Probably. Alternatively you could get a CZ858 receiver and figured out how it was altered to not be F/A.
>>
>>30591508
I think finding plans would be easier. Any ideas where I can find some?
>For PURELY educational purposes. Just a bit of light reading.
>>
>>30587295
>JR carbine
Handled many, shot 3 different ones. They're all heavy, unreliable, and had pretty bad ergonomics.

I would avoid them at all costs.
>>
>>30591938
Internet.
>>
File: Ares SCR.jpg (83KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ares SCR.jpg
83KB, 900x600px
So what's the word on the Ares SCR up here? Any chance at all the RCMP might consider it non-restricted due to the proprietary lower?
>>
>>30591971
i heard that the 9mm versions are very reliable

plus they take AR aftermarket parts so you can customize the stock, grip, handguard, optic, etc.
>>
>>30592338

Not likely, will likely be listed as a variant
>>
File: SCR Wood.jpg (359KB, 3612x865px) Image search: [Google]
SCR Wood.jpg
359KB, 3612x865px
>>30592387
What if we import them with wood furniture and claim they're durr rifles? Think they'd buy it?
>>
Anyone know if LAR-15 magazines will clip into the stock of a Kel-Tec SU-16? Want to know if it's worth investing in a few of those or if I should look for proprietary Kel-Tec magazines.
>>
>>30592338
>>30592387

I could have sworn that they're already classified as Restricted.
>>
>>30592416
You already can but its been classed as R already.
>>
>>30593079
Really? I know they specifically built to be "not an AR but uses AR uppers." Must not have been distinct enough, I know they approved the ATRS rifles because they were slightly modified proprietary lowers and uppers but were ultimately nearly identical.
>>
>>30593682
RCMP goes on if a standard upper fits its still an ar-15. All the NR AR-15 like rifles have different locations for the upper/lower pins with the exception of magazine-less lowers (Like the ATRS one and the Ferret these are mainly for single shot bolt action uppers.)
>>
File: 9.jpg (207KB, 869x1290px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
207KB, 869x1290px
Should I get a m305 if I want a quality hunting/happening rifle to last me 20+ years? What should I do to it? What kind of glass? Should I just say fuck it and get an SKS and see if I can't nigger a durr with the irons?

I wouldn't be looking to take anything larger than a durr or a blackburr with an SKS.

I have a 12 gauge already and wonder if I should bother with either. JW25A should be arriving soon.

Wired on coffee and headbanging to rush.
>>
>>30591938

RCMP pls go. /k/ is a board of peace.
>>
>>30590062
CSE has the tightest requirements as far as I know. You can work for them if you haven't done illegal drugs in the past year.

They're probably having trouble finding people that aren't too retarded to do smart computer stuff, so it's possible that the RCMP that has plenty of recruits might be a bigger stickler about unimportant things like past drug use.
>>
>>30592446
it's supposed to take any pair of 10 round magazines, or a 30 rounder. the kel-tec magazines are 5 rounders because durrr
>>
File: jjjjjj.jpg (179KB, 869x1229px) Image search: [Google]
jjjjjj.jpg
179KB, 869x1229px
>>30593960
>>
>>30593748
the other important distinction is that the ATRS rifles are based on the AR-10, while the Ares is based on the AR-15.
>>
>>30593993
ATRS makes an NR AR-15 mag-less lower and are making a piston (Probably NR) AR-15 style rifle as well.
>>
>>30593975
The RCMP has been getting more desperate for recruits, as other departments are generally more attractive
They just dropped the citizen requirement and one or two other things to try and get applicants
>>
So I received my new PAL with ATT conditions. It says that I can transport restricted firearms to any and all gun clubs and ranges. So that means, once I finish my club's safety course on Thursday I can bring my gun with me and shoot it once I've completed it? Club admin told me I need to call the CFO after I complete the course for an ATT or to add the club to my PAL before I can bring my gun to the range. What's the right one?
>>
>>30594687
Your club admin is wrong, you now have LTATT.
>>
>>30594806

It's what I thought. I'll probably wait for the next day anyway since it's 35$ for a day pass.
>>
>no transfer confirmation of handgun yet

Reeeeeee
>>
>>30593983

Solid. The Kel-Tec mags are ten rounders pinned to five right?
>>
>>30579366
>$75 a year

Smug life
>>
File: image.jpg (445KB, 864x3134px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
445KB, 864x3134px
>>30584567
That's why we just club 'em famalam
>>
>>30593960
Educational Purposes, Anon. I'd never do anything illegal-I'm a Responsible Gun Owner.
>Seriously, though, my Google-fu is weak. Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
>>30595411
>The seal is white

Triggered. We don't hunt the white ones.
>>
Why do I think killing seals for fur is fine, but killing whales for 'research' isn't?
>>
>>30595696
Oh it's because I fucking hate Japs.
>>
>>30595523
Just get a valmet m78s are built to be full auto sans the sear hole
>>
>>30595696

Whales aren't grossly overpopulated.
>>
>>30595779
Neat. I'm just more partial to Vzs. And Valmets are too pricey.
>>
Best online store to buy ammo? Can you ship ammo through Canada post?
>>
Who Winnipeg/Manitoba here?

Do you know about Angle Inlet, Minnesota?
>>
>>30595878
Good guns cost alot
>>
>>30595375
>My membership is $600/year
Kill me now
>>
>>30596313
True. Not to say I don't want one. I'm just more of a Vz.58 fan.
>>
File: Kenya_dig_it.jpg (24KB, 561x327px) Image search: [Google]
Kenya_dig_it.jpg
24KB, 561x327px
>>30593922
consider a tikka t3, have heard great things.
pic unrelated
>>
Canada Post ships ammo?
>>
>>30597923
No, usually it goes through a company like Canpar. They do ship guns however.
>>
>>30597958
Not if you live in the Edmonton area. I had ammo and a gun shippes through canpar and my gun was sent to the post office but my ammo was held at the canpar facility in Edmonton cause canada post operates capar outside of the Edmonton area which is were i live
>>
>>30595411

lel saved
>>
>>30585025
2 and 7 3/4inches length
Never bothered to check girth
>>
>>30595939
I buy from theammosource.ca

They only ship ammo through UPS, I don't think Canada post will ship it
>>
>>30596449
Yeah, but I live in fudd central
>unless I want a durr rifle I've got to go online
>>
>>30589247
the majority of women are terrible when it comes to politics and regulation
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30598369
The majority of women are terrible in general
>thank god imma fag
>>
File: 1402208299939.jpg (115KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402208299939.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>Ebay has BXN marked stripper clips for sale right now
>$5 per 10
Just a heads up for any of you VZ (or SKS I guess) guys who like to store their ammo on clips instead of boxes.
>>
>>30598378
how do i become gay?
>>
>>30588046
I don't think even Trudeau himself would support it, he's not the smartest guy but even he knows a bill like this would absolutely fucking destroy him.
>>
File: 20160712_164022.jpg (826KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160712_164022.jpg
826KB, 2048x1152px
>>30598399
Hahaha i have literally hundreds and hundreds of those
>>
File: 1465859652015.jpg (95KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
1465859652015.jpg
95KB, 600x799px
>>30598411
stay on 4chan frequent trap threads
>>
>really like the look and feel of vertical foregrips
>shot placement becomes significantly worse despite the increased comfortness while aiming

Anyone else have this issue?
>>
>>30598460
Especially since the Libs are desperate to earn rural seats for re-election. They'll know this would kill ANY rural support. It basically ends hunting as we know it.
>>
>>30598491
Sell them on ebay anon, suckers like me will totally buy them for reasonable prices.
>>
>>30598586
Check garbage bins and brass bins at ranges people always throw these out
>>
File: 1289786347036.jpg (40KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1289786347036.jpg
40KB, 429x410px
>>30598652
>people always throw these out
But why? Don't they know they can reuse them?
>>
Best and cheapest gun range in Metro Vancouver? Would prefer outdoor, I hate indoor shit
>>
>>30598697
there's really only one range, in poco

it's like $30 for a drop in, your odds of getting a membership are slim to none

it's crowded, the lanes are too close to each other, and the target changes are every 30 minutes

tl;dr it sucks
>>
urf urf
>>
>>30598680
So?
You get 144 with every case of ammo. Why bother keeping them.
>>
>>30589793
Yeah, those bird hunting barrels are great for shooting birds, but cylinder bore 18.5'' barrels are ideal for woods. Especially here in Sask. where the bush is fucking thick, I remember hauling my 28'' barreled Maverick through the woods to shoot crows when it was my only shotgun. It was a simple time but a very fucking hard time dealing with that.
>>
>>30599168
That's my plan, get either a straight cylinder bore or one that can take different chokes, but is short enough for camping and general innawoodsy fun. Though I do plan on getting a duck or two this fall, and it's great for skeet.
>I saw one of those backpacker double barrels that Norinco makes
>Should be good for skeet, couldn't miss with that spread
>>
>>30599217
>>30599168
stoeger coach gun has IC and M fixed chokes. i'd get it with the single trigger though. double triggers are a pain in the ass
>>
File: 1467707135745.png (116KB, 361x456px) Image search: [Google]
1467707135745.png
116KB, 361x456px
>>30599065
Not a big fan of corrosive ammo, if there's some modernish 7.62 surplus on stripper clips that's non-corrosive I'd be all over that shit.
>>
Anyone ever use polymer VZ58 mags? They're a few bucks cheaper and in stock, so I wonder if they're worth it or if they're jam-tastic junk.
http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_212_103&products_id=5909&zenid=3a2e92e2517dff480a668b605363b172
>>
>>30599350
Lots of reports on the net about Stoeger single triggers being unreliable (FTFs and doubling). The double trigger is mechanically simpler and seems to have fewer problems.
>>
>>30599510
damn i was kinda thinking about getting one

cant stand double trigger actions :{
>>
>>30598411

A guy's asshole feels the exact same as a girl's asshole.

Also, great bj's.
>>
>>30590062
Hey Tok Guy, can you answer this guy's question?
>>
>>30599479
Mine seem to work fine, although it feels like they don't grip stripper clips as well as the aluminum ones... still works in the end. Also if you want to save a few bucks more Wolverine has them for $21.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/ProductDetail/FABULTIMAGVZ530BLK_Fab-Defense-VZ58-7-62x39--5-30-Polymer-Mag-BLK
>>
>>30598460
Learning from the past is what anyone of all walks of life can do.

Paul Martin's gun control attempts was what got Harper elected in the first place.

>tfw the only winning move for a politician is to maintain the status quo
>>
>>30600015
Nice, thanks for the tip m80.
>>30600023
Well the Conservatives did pass some party statements to tune up the classification system a bit (simplify it, from what I gather F/A=prohib, handguns=R, rifles,shotguns=NR), and revisit other laws to determine their effectiveness.
>>
>>30600051
>F/A=prohib, handguns=R, rifles,shotguns=NR
It would be interesting to see how this impacts AR-15s.

At their most recent convention, I do believe they also said if re-elected, they will make firearms ownership an actual honest-to-god right.
>>
>>30599217
I recently traded off one of those Norinco Coach Guns, but got to put about 50 ish shells through it. Really good little guns, the only reason I got rid of it was to solve some redundancies in my collection. Actually the spread so far as doing anything in the woods was very manageable, even with #6 target loads. Definately not skeet guns, but really handy and simple little guns. I would recommend them for woods guns, though there are better options out there, branches never get in your way. Wouldn't be adverse to picking up one again in the future.
>>
>>30600051
>Conservatives did pass some party statements
source?
>>
>>30600072
>I do believe they also said

Before getting a majority they also promised a total revamp of the firearms legislation, and look what happened. I don't have high hopes this time around either.
>>
>>30600113
Big surprise, a political party doesn't keep its promises.

Despite voting against the Liberal Party, I had always hoped that, had they won, they would at least make good on their promise to legalize and de-criminalize marijuana for recreational consumption.

That is literally the only thing in their platform I agreed with.
>>
>>30600102
Not him, but I googled conservative party simplified classification system

and got this:
http://cssa-cila.org/2016/05/team-cssa-e-news-may-29-2016/

>Prohibited:

>(a) an automatic firearm, or

>(b) a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting, or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted, is less than 660 mm in length.

>Restricted:

>(a) a firearm that is not a prohibited firearm,

>(b) a handgun, or

>(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping, or otherwise.

>Non-Restricted:

>a firearm that is not a prohibited or restricted firearm.
>>
>>30600113
At least this time, this promise seems easier to keep.

Before:
>Change ALL of the gun laws!

After:
>Change *some* of the gun laws
>i-it's about property rights, th-that's all
>>
>>30600276
At no point did they ever say they would change all the laws.
The promise was to kill the registry and C-68.
They did manage to get rid of the registry and several parts of C-68.
>>
>>30598399
what's so special about the BXN marked clips?>>30598399
>>
>>30577833
Go to the gun store and check some out. IMO try the CZ SP01 target.
>>
So what's the legality of using a firearm without a barrel at all?

Hear me out.

It's illegal to cut a barrel if it makes the overall length of the firearm less than 660mm, I get that.

But there doesn't seem to be a law on removing the barrel. Most firearms have removable barrels for easier cleaning.

But if you were to not put it back on, can you still legally shoot it? The overall length would be lessened, but you haven't actually cut the barrel; you just didn't put it on.
>>
>>30600654
>dude weed lmao
a firearm without a barrel will not function as a firearm
>>
>>30600654

You can't shoot a gun without a barrel...

As for changing of classification via barrel changes, that's some legal grey area.

For instance, if you have an 870 greater than 26" OAL and bring it to the range, you only need to use NR transport requirements.

If you change the barrel to a shorter one at the range, you have up to 30 days to tell the RCMP about the classification change.

Then, you could swap the longer barrel back on while at the range and then bring it back following NR requirements for transport.
>>
>>30600637
They work in VZ58s. I just got some shitty ones from tradeex that were marked for SKS and AK only, and they didn't work in my VZ, though the Mosin ones worked in my Mosin.
>>
>>30600187
thats basically how they won

suckered in a shitton of young voters by saying they'll legalize cannabis
>>
>>30600637
1. They're surplus so they actually work
2. They're made for the VZ-58, so they actually feed into the rifle pretty well unlike most other stripper clips that are finicky at best
>>
>>30600716
>You can't shoot a gun without a barrel...
You can, it's just not a good idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIElCx6L2LQ
>>
>>30600758
I also think Justin Trudeau being a handsome man running against two old men worked heavily in his favour.

>tfw the CPC's next chance of victory is to have their leader be a reasonably attractive woman
>they would get the male vote from guys who think with their dicks
>they would get the female vote from women who want a female head of state because "it's the current year"
>they might even get the LGBT vote from lesbians who think with their clits
>and the ethnic vote if the candidate happens to be non-white
Imagine having an Asian MILF as our Prime Minister.
>>
File: jewdeau.jpg (2MB, 1883x1550px) Image search: [Google]
jewdeau.jpg
2MB, 1883x1550px
>>30598460
>implying he wont sign off on anything his overlords suggest
>>
>>30600252
>"simplified" classification system still arbitrarily distinguishes between guns that are less than 26" from the factory and those shortened to under 26" by the user

Fucking why
>>
File: Norinco-M14S-Shorty-600x152.jpg (33KB, 600x152px) Image search: [Google]
Norinco-M14S-Shorty-600x152.jpg
33KB, 600x152px
Can someone recommend me a huntan rifle.

This is what I'm looking for:
>affordable/inexpensive
>semi-automatic
>.308 or greater
Right now, the Norinco M305, aka M14 clone seems to fit these parameters, but I want to check out other options.
>>
>>30600861
Jesus Christ, whose side is he supposed to be on? He's supporting Jews one day, and Muslims the next.

>tfw CPC was probably more pro-Israel than any other major party
>>
>>30600889
As far as .308 battle rifles go the Norinco M14 is about the only option in that price range, everything else will run you well over $1000.
>>
>>30600904
Liberals live in some sort of fantasy world where Israeli Jews and Muslims can live in perfect, hand holding harmony.
>>
>>30600889
Theres nothing close to the cost of the M305 in semi auto but you may want to look at
Browning BAR or a used Remington 740, 750, 7400 should be in the 1100-1300 price range.
Above that there is the FNAR which is about $1600
Top cost is XCR-M, ATRS Modern hunter 2600+.
>>
>>30600889
Remington 740/7400?
>>
>>30600734
SKS clips will work in a Vz. 58, but it's shitty.

I wasn't aware that anyone sold the ones that work well in a Vz. 58. Now to buy all of them. And all of the .22 LR while I'm at it.
>>
>>30601005
740 series shit is that much now? G'damn.
>>
>>30601082
I dunno they seem to be discontinued so I cant find any recent prices.
>>
>>30601053
The NCStar ones I tried might work in an SKS, but they were absolute trash in my VZ58. Now I have 20 clips sitting in my cabinet that aren't going to get used for probably 2 years when I get around to buying an SKS.
>>
File: justin-bourque.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
justin-bourque.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>
>>30600813

>implying i'd vote for a dame
>>
File: obongo cuckdeau.jpg (1MB, 1920x1161px) Image search: [Google]
obongo cuckdeau.jpg
1MB, 1920x1161px
>>30600904
Whichever side is the current trend to get more votes from uninformed masses. Notice an parallels to Obongos "change" campaign? Because you should, not by coincidence.
>>
>>30601107
>NCStar
what is this garbage? I use surplus SKS clips. They suck in a Vz. 58 but they do work once you figure out how to make sure they don't move around.
>>
>>30601107
>Using non-surplus stripper clips
Why the fuck would you do that? Not only are they shit but 9/10 they actually cost more than surplus.
>>
>>30601117
the justin we deserved, but not the one that we need right now
>>
>>30601161
>>30601193
Only ones I found. I'd just buy a box of Czech surplus on clips but I still have over a tin of Russian surplus to work through and not a ton of money. Those clips were the only ones I could find that might work.
>>
File: justbane.jpg (276KB, 500x684px) Image search: [Google]
justbane.jpg
276KB, 500x684px
>>30601194
The dank knight...
>>
File: sks_cabelas.jpg (61KB, 1243x538px) Image search: [Google]
sks_cabelas.jpg
61KB, 1243x538px
http://www.cabelas.ca/product/78682/russian-sks-semi-auto-rifle-w-laminate-stock

Good deal?
>>
>>30602476

I wouldn't pay over 200
Buy used. Will be cheaper and you wont have to spend hours removing cosmoline
>>
>>30602476
try a cambodian tire in a rural area. I've seen some dank deals on simonov karabines.
>>
>>30602476
Kind of pricey, shop around on some of the online shops, you can sometimes find deals of SKS+ammo crate for $450 or so.
>>
Doing a training course in two days to get my PAL and RPAL. How fucked am I when it comes to actually getting my license sent to me?

Think the gov't will start sending mail via UPS and the like or am I going to have to wait forever till I can get my first rifle?

Which as it happens will be this>>30602476
>>
>>30602960
You'll be fine, lockout has been delayed for a month, it's probably going to be resolved before then.
>>
>>30602984
I swear, the next time they do this bullshit it better end in Canada Post being declared an essential service.

How the fuck can Canada Post even strike? The work requires basic reading, basic walking and in some cases driving. There is no schooling required to do the core function of the organization. Take the square peg and put it in the square hole. DURR. A day labourer has more skills and gets payed less. What a scam.

Striking is holding taxpayers hostage. We don't get our tax money back when a government service goes down, we just end up paying more entitlements to retarded government workers living in their safety bubble.
>>
I'll post this here because I'm in Canada, is there a way to tell if your shotgun can't handle steel shot? I bought some accidentally and the box says that some shotgun barrels get screwed up by it. I checked the instruction manual for the gun but it doesn't say anything.

I just got the thing and I don't want to wreck it.
>>
>>30603281
Modern barrels should be fine, especially if they aren't rifled.
>>
>>30603281
Most modern barrels will say steel proofed right beside the Gauge/Chamber markings.
>>
>>30603324
The barrel isn't rifled.
>>30603338
I just looked and it didn't say anything.
>>
>>30600889
Do M305s fit regular M14 stocks well?
>>
>>30603434
Well how new is the barrel?
>>
>>30603459
How do I check that? It's my first gun so I don't know a whole lot
>>
>>30603474
Well is it second hand? It should have a date somewhere on the receiver or barrel. If you give a model I might know where it is. Mossberg 500s have them on the receiver right above where you load shells into the tube.
>>
>>30603487
It's a H&R 1871 Pardner if that helps. I'll take another look, it can't be that hard to find.
>>
>>30603521
If it's as modern as my brief internet search seems to indicate, then it should be fine.
>>
>>30603571
I still couldn't find anything about a date on the barrel. I guess I'll just have to try it and see what happens.
>>
>>30603624
It could also be on the receiver, and do the first shot with a string while behind a tree.
>>
>>30603630
All the box said is it can damage the barrel, was it lying? If it'll blow up in my face I won't try it.
>>
>>30603669
You should be fine, I wouldn't be too worried about it, it isn't a 3.5" magnum, though you could experience some solid recoil.
>>
>>30600889
>hunting rifle
>m305
nothing like a gun that beats itself apart so youre accuracy is always going to degrade.
>>
>>30600889
Tikka T3 has good reviews
>>
>>30579696

crazy tok guy is hasguns

can confirm 100% maybe if you were nice he'd let your nofuns ass use them
>>
>>30589027
mark will you sell me a tokarev?
>>
>>30603281
its the choke more than the barrel

full chokes are usually no good for steel shot, unless specifically stated otherwise
>>
File: woods2.jpg (351KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
woods2.jpg
351KB, 2048x1536px
so alberta nuggetfest 2 electric bogaloo where are we at on that? i have some tannerite and about 3000 rounds of .22 to contribute,also i think i'm going to buy another m305 soon, anybody interested in august in northern ab? truck is broken but i wouldn't mind even another mini meet..
>>
>>30603942
>meeting somebody from 4chan irl
>>
Hey, I'm in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. I have been wanting to get a kar98 for a while now, with my desire almost pushing me to find one now. My question is, where can I find a kar98 around me? What is the average price which I can find one for? I know that german originals are the most expensive, so I guess I'd rather get a cheaper, Soviet capture one. Ultimately my question is, where can I find the cheapest kar98 (in canada) which isn't completely beat to shit and rusted out?
>>
>>30604346
Probably around $6-700 or so, though I've only really found them online.
>>
>>30602960

It's going to take minimum 28 days for the RCMP to process your application, so it'll probably be resolved before then regardless. I just got mine in as well. Good luck anon.
>>
>>30604018
this is real life, maggot. there are no safe spaces from reality.
>>
>>30603281
The 28" barrel that came with my new (((mossberg))) 500 can't take steel. I have a 18.5" unit, and that's all well and good, but if I want a choke I have to buy and then sell a whole other gun because I don't want to be the kind of idiot who would pay $300+ for a hard steel pipe.
>>
>>30603571
That's not at all a rule. See above.

Also, the place to look is the fucking manual.

Unless I'm wrong in thinking most guns have manuals.
>>
>>30605699
>>30605705
I've read through the manual twice and haven't found anything mentioning steel shot. All it says is the length and gauge of shot the gun takes, I never saw anything about how modern the barrel is either.

Anyways I'm not gonna try the stuff, better safe than sorry. I'll just have to pay more attention when I'm buying ammo. What should I do with it if I'm not going to shoot it? I can't bring it back to the store.
>>
>>30605884
The H&R pardner pump can take steel shot.

The guns that will be damaged by steel shot are old.
>>
>>30605884
you have to use steel shot on migratory waterfowl, it's the law.

otherwise lead shot is more effective.
>>
>>30605945
>>30605699
>>
>>30605945
Well, if you say so. I just don't know where I'm supposed to find that information on the gun in the manual. I'm pretty dumb though and may of missed it.
>>
Jeez, how slow is the Ontario CFO with these transfers?
>>
>>30604011
Im probably gonna do a mini meet in a few weeks. Also who here used a 357 of sorts of crownland? Im look at you crazy tok guy
>>
>>30606088

He's too busy sucking dog dicks.
>>
>>30604011

Would Abraham Lake be good for a meet? I'm an SK anon but would make the drive if it was at a decent time.
>>
File: vaperbig2.jpg (205KB, 1661x2134px) Image search: [Google]
vaperbig2.jpg
205KB, 1661x2134px
>Most firearms have removable barrels for easier cleaning
>>
>>30606676
I might post details for a mini meet in the next thread
>>
File: vapeman53253252.png (4KB, 524x434px) Image search: [Google]
vapeman53253252.png
4KB, 524x434px
>you wont have to spend hours removing cosmoline
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.