[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

he /k/ is a reproduction m1 carbine worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: inland1400.jpg (22KB, 600x135px) Image search: [Google]
inland1400.jpg
22KB, 600x135px
he /k/ is a reproduction m1 carbine worth it?
>>
>hey
>>
>>30574875
i am also interested. is it a good first gun?
>>
yeah if you like poop
>>
>>30574918
i cant say i dont... go on...
>>
File: 20160620_190629.jpg (131KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160620_190629.jpg
131KB, 640x480px
Just get a real one.
>>
>>30574961
inland sells them for 1200 ish. whats my likelihood of doing better on a real one in RI / east coast
>>
>>30574875

All repro m1 carbines models that I've seen on youtube have some sort of failure when loading or ejecting

Do whatever you want with that
>>
>>30574983
All M1 carbines have failures. The magazine is a shitty design with a tilt-happy follower and the cartridge isn't really powerful enough for the gas system which leads to short-stroking.
>>
>>30574875
They're fucking grade A, the only problem is that retards won't use ball ammo and the soft tips or hollow points they do use fail to feed right.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30575078
This. As it pains me to agree, it's true.
Still my 2nd favorite rifle though.
>>
>>30575078
You are wrong. The cartridge is fine its just most modern manufacturers do not load their cartridges to the pressure that USGI .30 carbine was made to and the .30 carbine was made for ball, not HP or SP. Brands like Agulia and others are bad. Winchester / Remington are alright.

>>30575095
this too.

>>30574875
No OP they are not worth it. You can find origional M1 Carbines for under 800$. My first M1 Carbine i found in NY for 600 and change. It was ofc an Inland but was not even a mixmaster.
>>
>>30576921
I never understood this shit from people.

>this fucking gun won't work
>well mate, you're using ammo that it wasn't designed for, you need to use high pressure ball ammunition
>WOW, THIS GUN SUCKS

It pisses me off, because if you use the right ammo, this gun is a literal dream.
>>
File: 20160507_203325.jpg (231KB, 581x1032px) Image search: [Google]
20160507_203325.jpg
231KB, 581x1032px
>>30574875
>Got the M1 family itch earlier this year
>USGI carbines are over a grand already
>after doing some research I still don't have much of a clue to what's good and what isn't
Got an M1a instead. Went and visited my grandpa for his 83rd birthday. Showed him the picture of my M1a on my phone
>Oh, I've got some like that! Let me go get em
>Rollandroll.mp4
>Brings me into the back room to show me a pristine M1 carbine and Garand
>We chat about them for a bit, tells me about the range nearby, lets me gawk over them
>Mentions he's going to go down the next weekend to the range and shoot them a bit
>Can't go because i'm moving 500 miles away for grad school the next day
Feels bad, man. I've got a week off later this year though.
>>
>>30577454
One the plus side, will you get it when he croaks?
>>
Just get an original if you want one, INRANGE did a review on them a while back, they had some QC issues with the sights being shitty and having malfunctions (which are inherent to the M1), So if you want an M1 might aswell get a real one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.