[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear Queer Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 92

File: already out of date.jpg (1MB, 2889x2945px) Image search: [Google]
already out of date.jpg
1MB, 2889x2945px
last one hit bump limit
>>
File: gander hydration daypack.jpg (246KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gander hydration daypack.jpg
246KB, 1200x1200px
>>30570212
I'm looking for an innawoods hydration daypack. Can I do better than this one from Gander Mountain? Camouflage patter should be suitable for north and central Pennsylvania.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Hydration-Day-Pack&i=728938
>>
>>30570320
MOLLE webbing for my IFAK and shit would be super neato.
>>
File: the swiftly clipped.jpg (2MB, 3836x2622px) Image search: [Google]
the swiftly clipped.jpg
2MB, 3836x2622px
>>30570320
i like source bladders. so buy a source pack is my suggestion. better than camelbak or usgi at least. '

I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying "poor stiching" and "straps broke"

and given how cheap it is, I'd think that this is a poorly made pack. give it a pass
>>
What plate carrier would you recommend for urban use?
>>
File: fight_light.jpg (838KB, 980x1958px) Image search: [Google]
fight_light.jpg
838KB, 980x1958px
>>30570320
How much carry space do you want? A camelbak with a couple of pockets is a decent daypack if you're going light.

A USGI assault pack is underrated when it comes to medium carrying for a daypack. I used to have an Eagle Industries Airborne assault pack, and it was pretty nice. It was OD and had a line of ALICE webbing, so you could still attach some pouches, but to normies it looks more old timey milsurp rather than attention grabbing tacticool.

You could always go for a Mystery Ranch trizip. They are great, but very expensive desu. Only recommend if you are going to seriously use and abuse the pack. They come in camo, tan, and you can find old ones in foilage green (grey).

As an aside, there is nothing wrong with medical aid on a pack, but IMO the primary ones should be on your body, on a belt or loadbearing or whatever you wear most. Even if you're being non-tacticool, just loop the medical pouch into your normal belt for innawoods.
>>
>>30571078
any of them? i mean urban vs any other environment doesn't really dictate what kind of plate carrier you need just what color it is.
>>
>>30571092
where is a scrub to start as far as what all should attach to the plate carrier?

Ammo is one thing as well as a med kit. Anything else I should focus on for chimp hit the fan?
>>
File: shirt.jpg (59KB, 673x960px) Image search: [Google]
shirt.jpg
59KB, 673x960px
>>30571124
well first of all do you even want or need a plate carrier?
they are heavy and expensive and if you are properly using cover and concealment and avoiding being shot at all together then they are basically a hindrance. however they can save your life and look cool as fuck.

typically the most important things are ammo, water, and medical. radios are a good idea if you have a group of people you are gonna be working with.

but you really want to focus first on ammo. you want to carry as much ammo as you think you are gonna need in a comfortable and easily accessible way. It's also important to carry water if you are planning on actually doing shit while wearing 30lbs strapped to your chest. And medical gear and training on how to use it is really important. just because you are wearing armor doesn't mean you wont get shot in the arm or leg or stomach. You can spend thousands on fancy gear and still get shot and bleed out by some nigger with a hipoint.

where should you start? you should clearly define what you want and what you want to use it for. what is your environment, what are you likely to be doing while in this gear? are you planning on having a vehicle or hiking long distance? what kind of gun do you have?

you gotta really hone in on what your needs/wants/purpose is and we can help you out.
>>
>>30571241
>want/need
Yes. Just keeping it in my vehicle since I live nearaDetroit where BLM gets retarded

>cover & concealment
Im aware. I know its not wizard armor that lets me run into the fight. Id just like not to die if shot center mass. Speaking of which, side plates or no side plates?

>typically the most important things...
got everything covered except for medical and radios. Never would have thought of the radios.

>where should you start?
If i have to leave my home because shits getting hectic, I want everything I need to survive on me.

>Environment
Urban/suburbs

>firearm
AR or MP5K SBR. Torn between which to use. One is much smaller than the other.

>what are you doing
driving away, on foot if crowds/traffic/ etc gets bad. Go inna nearby woods or wearhouses I have access to, likely on the roofs. longest distance is 5 miles. Luckily there are woodlands I can travel through to get to and from most places I aim to go.
>>
>>30571078
something slick and minimalist. keep in mind, you will need low profile multicurve plates too. without all my padding in, my pc is teeny tiny. but my single curve plates make it sit at a weird angle, ruining any chance at concealment.
>>
File: multimeme.jpg (1MB, 2950x2660px) Image search: [Google]
multimeme.jpg
1MB, 2950x2660px
>>30571557
missed this reply. so this isn't some edc shit, this is slip on. literally any good quality plate carrier will do then. we need a budget

i would like to have side plates, but they're heavy and that means spending MORE money, so I don't wear them

Radio isn't an essential, because not everyone needs one. Are you a solo act? In my unit, joes don't get radios, only team leaders and up. so i don't wear a radio, and while I know how to use and program one, I don't "train" with radios.

why not both? the mp5k being small and easy to hide, is the "get home gun" then, your rifle at the house is your weapon of choice. unless you don't have both yet, in which case, stick with the rifle.
>>
>>30571608
I keep the MP5 in my back pack like a typical white kid so I guess I should stash some more stuff in there as a get home bag. Maybe even have a second minimalist plate carrier in the bag. Never gave a get home bag a thought. Thanks for the suggestion.

Anything else I should throw in the bag? Its just an ordinary back pack, nothing that screams "steal this bag to acquire guns"

I currently have both but dont know which would be more suited for urban use. Both on at once seems a bit excessive but Im not too sure.
>>
>>30571608
>>30571665
also no budget, but I dont want to spend more than I would practically need to.
>>
File: img_04.jpg (621KB, 1241x1152px) Image search: [Google]
img_04.jpg
621KB, 1241x1152px
>>30571557
I would go with a slick concealable plate carrier and a backpack, maybe with a chest rig in the bag.

high end would be something like pic related with a haley dc3r clipped into it and some osprey or arcteryx backpack.

low price but solid would be a cheaper slick plate carrier
and a chicom chest rig and any backpack you can afford.

if you are planning on fleeing city to the woods you will need a lot more not shooting related gear. you need a full bug out bag/backpacking bag for several days.

here are some examples of slick plate carriers. both of them have the clips you need to use modern chest rigs use and they are wildly different in price. both are good companies.

http://www.perrozdesigns.com/shop/equipment/low-profile-slick-plate-carrier/

http://762tactical.com/vests/slick-plate-carrier.html

really if you are trying to avoid dindus and then live in woods/outskirts of town. its more important that you don't draw attention to yourself and that you have the equipment to survive and be some what comfortable as well as defend yourself.
>>
>>30571708

Thanks for the suggestions. Ive been looking around for plate carriers lately trying to find the best one for the price but know nothing of them. Are there any brands to avoid?

Im mainly looking for one with molle webbing
>>
Hey guys, recently stumbled on the arc'teryx leaf khard 60 pack, i really like the idea of being able to conceal an assembled carbine as well as innawoods shit. While I'm sure its worth the 600 bones, are there any other packs that can do the same thing for less?
>>
File: CTzXGd-WEAAXhdn.jpg (62KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CTzXGd-WEAAXhdn.jpg
62KB, 600x400px
>>30571785
well you want to avoid condor,rothco,ncstar because everything is single stitched and they have bad quality control, it will fall apart, and because its a meme and everyone will make fun of you.

there are a ton of good companies tho. I have a shellback tactical banshee, it's and older one that is 1000d cordura and it was cheap. Banshees are/were like the cheapest "good' plate carriers for a while and a lot of people have them. I know a lot of people have rigs from skd, crye, LBT,beez, ferro concepts, perroz designs, 7.62 tactical, high ground gear, blue force gear, first spear, 5.11, voodoo tactical.

you just got to shop around and lurk gear threads.
>>
>>30571916
>voodoo tactical
From personal experience with their mag pouches, they're decent. Although from what I've heard from other people, their chest rigs, plate carriers, etc. are garbage.
>>
>>30572356
i have no experience with them. I've seen people with them. but you have better information on them if someone directly told you they were shit. they do kinda seem like on of the big high volume companies that would cut corners.
>>
>>30571916
Just looked into 5.11. They only had like 2 plate carriers to choose from but seemed quite small.

Seeing the tactical vest, how do you feel about a tac vest over a plate carirer vs a plate carrier with molle webbing?
>>
>>30570212
What's a good grayman pack for holding my IBA vest, Draco pistol with wrist brace, IFAK, hydration pack, and pistol belt with Taurus PT-92, AK mags, and pistol mags in my vehicle? I currently have a sturdy olive drab duffel I got at an army-navy store, but OD isn't very grayman.
>>
File: 7.jpg (4MB, 2728x3336px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
4MB, 2728x3336px
>>30572380
well chest rigs, load bearing rigs, and vests are great. they are lighter weight and can be really comfortable. But they aren't bullet proof. i actually have like 9 chest rigs. But i they also don't fit as ridged as a plate carrier with molled pouches and they don't look as cool.

when i go backpacking i wear a chicom chest rig because it's cheap durable and light. If i had to do any kind of operating innawoods during shtf i would want a chest rig and a rucksack. If i was innacity going into buildings i would want a plate carrier.
>>
>>30571708
just the way he said shtf and bugout makes me feel like he's not wearing it everyday, it's something he keeps in his car just incase, like an active shooter set up. in which case, i'd say fuck conceal-ability.
>>
File: 1455997905139.jpg (3MB, 2492x2006px) Image search: [Google]
1455997905139.jpg
3MB, 2492x2006px
>>30572380
You could also look into just a chest rig. I use a TAG Gladiator. It's bretty gud. Has held up well when I've taken it out, is fairly comfy, and carries everything I need. The Gladiator has a build in hydration carrier and some people on this thread will say you should get a detachable, but honestly it's all down to personal preference. Don't get a plate carrier unless you fully intend to get armor to go with it. If you don't really intend on getting armor go with a chest rig or an lbv. I don't need armor so I just got the chest rig. Plus with mine it can go over armor so I have options down the road. There are a lot of chest rigs that are more than capable of doing this and other anons of listed quality brands earlier.
>>
File: ruck.jpg (3MB, 3006x4308px) Image search: [Google]
ruck.jpg
3MB, 3006x4308px
>>30572435
there are also shit like battle jackets or alice webbing. >>30572446
well that's and option too. Idk if i would want to be white in detroit during habbings. being really overt would probably work as well as being concealed. You could make them think you are a cop or something. that would either help or hurt you but atleast you will have ammo at the ready to kill them.
>>
File: chicom.jpg (119KB, 1200x1036px) Image search: [Google]
chicom.jpg
119KB, 1200x1036px
>>30572467
i don't see the point in that chest rig. if it's going to cover your whole torso why doesn't it have a plate?
>>
>>30572493
The bib is detachable so you could take it off. I keep maps and other shit in the pouch so I keep it on.
>>
>>30572467
I plan on getting plates from AR500
>>
>>30572510
>AR500

uh oh, here it comes....
>>
>>30572517
what? What did I start...
>>
does us gear have serial numbers that lets you look up there it was used?
america sent some gear my country's way and i wanna find out if it was surplus or it was reuse
>>
>>30572517
What are they bad? The 550s looked pretty good and I've had some of the other guys I shoot/work with recommend them.
>>
>>30572537
Judging by your English, you are in a country that isn't being sent our best gear.
>>
>>30572473
Never took the cop thing in mind, but at the same time under civil unrest, the rifle strapped to me wont make me look like any less of a threat. Once I stay put where i wish, I'll try to stay under cover.
>>
>>30572524
>>30572548
Personally I don't have a ton of experience with them, but from what I've seen there are better options out there. It also tends to start a massive shit storm in these threads for whatever reason.
>>
>>30572378
I've got a AWS carrier and I like it. Put together well, comfortable, and they have a good deal going on right now. Also made in the USA for maximum Communism protection.
>>
>>30572577
the durability tests seemed good enough. At most, the dindus would have an AK and the shit is rated for Reak Fuckin Nato
>>
What kind of Chest rigg should i get for my FNAR 20 round mags?
Can't find d3cr heavy in my area and i want to try before i buy when it comes to expensive stuff.
>>
>>30572577
Everyone probably shills SDT or something. Shame they're on eternal backorder or out of stock from every retailer
>>
>>30572548
I won't weigh in any more than this, because AR500 discussion are always a shit show. I will just say that no military with regular access to ceramics uses steel. That should say something.

Similarly, all the reasons cited for steel/against ceramics, primarily "ceramics crack if you drop them" are disproven again by the fact that ceramics are trusted as mass issue to troops who use them day in and day out.

The idea of "multihit" is the most popular meme for steel plates, but it ignores that ceramics are also multihit, and that if a steel plate is getting hammered with more multihits than a ceramic can take, all the coating is going to be gone and you'll be getting spall, primary, or secondary frag to your body negating the ability to take a ton of hits.

The only thing in steel's corner is that it is cheaper. If you're buying plates though, don't cheap out. And if you do cheap out, don't try and pretend like what you got is comparable to ceramics.
>>
>>30572617
The mags.
>>
File: 232323.jpg (2MB, 3019x3006px) Image search: [Google]
232323.jpg
2MB, 3019x3006px
>>30572510
>>30572524
NO, DO NOT DO THAT.

i own AR500 and regret it every fucking day. It's stupidly heavy and the company has done 3 different recalls because their quality control is shit and they make plates that can't hold up to their rating. 5.56 can zip right through some of the plates. I feel so dumb now that i've learned more about gear and if i hadn't bought those plates i could have afforded really nice ones.

here is a cheap ceramic level IV alternative
http://highcomsecurity.com/collections/plates/products/guardian-4sas-7?variant=361423011

>>30572504
doesn't it get sweaty under it?

>>30572572
it will make you look like a threat and that makes you a target just as much as it defends you. A group of niggers looking to kill whites or cops aren't going to be scared to attack a lone man with a rifle if they are in a big group. you might be able to fight them off but you will still have to fight which is a situation you want to avoid.
>>
>>30572617
>>30572641
ANy rig made for other battle rifle magazines. It's a standard size.
>>
>>30572659
a little if its really hot out. I usually wear just a tshirt and have no issue. My back sweats a bit though with the hydration pack, which I could theoretically swap out with just some straps really but why bother swapping it when I already have my hydration solution all set up?
>>
>>30572493
1, why does it matter?
>muh breathability
the whole back is fucking open it's plenty fine.
2, the only difference in coverage between his chest rig and yours is he has a bib, that bib is an admin pouch, and those are pretty fucking useful
>>30572617
something made for 7.62
>>
>>30572633
Gotcha. Yeah I'm AD and my job has me wearing a giant IOTV and ceramic plates. The guys I work with range from mouth breather to pretty smart so I've gotten at least one mention of every plate on the market with no conclusive answer. I abuse the fuck out of the issued level 3s they gave us and have no problem with grabbing ceramic since I know they are grunt proof. Thanks for the input. Any recommendations or is that going to cause a shit show too?
>>
>>30572659
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. I don't know how many times a person expects to be shot expecting the shots on the plate itself.

Chances are if a bullet its you, more will and it will only be a matter of time before you're struck somewhere to incapacitate or kill you.

With that said, being able to take multiple hits isnt the biggest concern in the world. Im guessing the ceramic is lighter than steel? The way I see it, the lighter, the more mobile, the less risk of being shot.
>>
>>30572553
wow rood
>>
File: 9nCOpCl.jpg (202KB, 2048x1374px) Image search: [Google]
9nCOpCl.jpg
202KB, 2048x1374px
>>30572662
>>30572697
Ye i figured out that much but what are some other good brands that make stuff that don't break after a day or two
>>
>>30572788
you gotta ask koko about that. hes got a full kit set up for his FAL
>>
>>30572446
Even if you were only planning to wear it when BLM makes SHTF I still think dressing up in full camo and armor and carrying a rifle just makes you a target.

I'd much rather have a concealable vest and sidearm and be able to leave the area without drawing attention to yourself.
>>
>>30572730
ESAPI are bretty proven. Anybody that makes NIJ certified plates is going to be good, just make sure to read the fine print and make sure that plates are *actually* certified up to the level they claim. Sometimes the marketing will strongly imply certification without actually saying it.

If you want a full armor vest, I can say from experience that the Eagle CIRAS land is great. It's basically an IOTV, but not all retarded. I had Safariland soft armor, which is about 1/3 as thick as USGI soft armor, and it was much easier to move and shoot compared to a Gen-2 IOTV with USGI armor in it.
>>
>>30572823
Neat. Thanks. I fucking hate my IOTV and already ordered an AWS carrier. Probably just going to pull out my plates from my IOTV and slap them in for the time being as my current duty location has no threat of me getting shot. Still have to turn them in when I get out of the service in two years so I've got time to get replacements. Plus if SHTF I'm going to be AWOL anyway because of how far I live from base so free plates for me.
>>
File: 1.jpg (147KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
147KB, 540x960px
>>30572759
yeah ceramics and be anywhere from 1-4 lbs lighter then steel plates and steel plates are almost never rated for level IV. ceramics are usually level IV.
>>
>>30570969
Thanks, I almost impulse-bought one in the store the other day at ten dollars cheaper than the internet price, but figured I'd check here first. Looking through Source's offerings now, trying to figure out which'll best fit my needs.

>>30571090
>How much carry space do you want?
I'm taking up archery hunting, so I just wanted a little bag for calls, extra snacks, a poncho, and shit like that. Haven't really done a full inventory, but when I held that Gander Mountain pack, the size seemed about right. Looking up your recommendations in a bit, thanks.
>>
>>30573280
>sisterfucker detected
happy nigger hunting!
>>
its really hard to take the mags out of my pouch deal, will it loosen up over time?
>>
>>30573347
>nigger hunting
>>
File: I'll blackbag this fucking cat.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
I'll blackbag this fucking cat.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Image from a few days
>>30572917 How do you like your shorter night cammie? Mine is about an inch or two longer than my arms (not including hands) and drops down to almost behind my knees. Should I field fix or keep it as is with current mods?
>>
>>30572788
Fereday and sons Rhodesian repro
>>
>>30573617
>repro
Really? Most of the repro stuff I've encountered (regardless of what it's a repro of) has been less than satisfactory.
>>
File: No-Meme-The-Office-09.gif (422KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
No-Meme-The-Office-09.gif
422KB, 240x196px
>>30572917
Those sleeves
Why anon.
>>
>>30573647
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/rhodesian-fereday-sons-chestrig-repro/13922
They are actually really well made and durable, it's not cheap Chink knockoffs.
>>
File: arms.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
arms.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>30573499
>>
For all you with plate carriers, what do you use and what are you heights and weights? Looking to get one and curious how all these recommended ones fit on different sizes of people. I'm about 5'8" and 140 lbs and looking at getting an Aegis or Banshee.
>>
>>30573683
You know the cheap chunk stuff is built surprisingly well nowadays, stop being a gear snob, just because it was shit 10 years ago doesn't mean it still is.

Literally the definition of meme.
>>
>>30570212
What's a good upgrade to my beat-up surplus 'Nam jungle boots? Having as close to zero drop as possible would be cool.
>>
>>30573726
>>30573499
coat tail has elastic cut short to make it dressy-prevent shit from flying up there

Waist adjustment line is internally set so I don't have to tie it each time. On top of this the line now does not get in the way provided my thumb isn't sticking far out like its broken or something.

Wrists have elastic inside to prevent it from sliding too far and to prevent foreign material from getting inside.

>>30573654
Whats wrong with the sleeves? Should I keep them the way they are or cut mine more tactfully?
>>
>>30573744
>Member of the yellow horde detected
>>
File: sg_fashion_snap_m074_05b.jpg (461KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sg_fashion_snap_m074_05b.jpg
461KB, 1500x1000px
>>30573790
Why cut them when you can roll them up and make them look nice
>>
>>30573790
Not him and I don't see anything terribly wrong with your sleeves, but I got mine done up to be like ACU wrists for pretty cheap. It makes the fit nicer.
>>
>>30573755
If you don't mind gortex, HAIX Airpower P3s or P6s are pretty good boots. They're lightweight, and insulate pretty well. I don't live in a swamp though so they might not work as well for you as they do for me. I live in a temperate forest where temperatures range from 0 to 80.
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 852x1136px
Only picture of my gear I have on my phone, my local surplus store has some small, medium and large Alice packs for sale with the frames. Which should I get? South Georgia here.
>>
>>30573889
Depends on how much you carry with you innawoods. If you're unsure I'd get the medium pack.
>>
>>30571800
Bunch of the Eberlestock backpacks have a rifle scabbard between the bag and framesheet. They're designed for precision/hunting boltguns but with the muzzle pouch zipped up and the butt cover either removed or tucked into the scabbard they fit a 14.5 carbine quite well.

I have an Eberlestock McMillan. Very well made precision shooters bag, but fucking heavy even empty. They have other tactical packs and a whole line of hunting packs with the rifle and/or bow scabbards as well though, and the hunting packs are quite a bit lighter.
>>
>>30572788
Is that one of the single stack glocks? Why not have a full size glock?
>>
>>30573861
I wanted to ask what you thought was wrong with his. Basically I want to cut mine down an inch or two, sew with elastic and shit.

>>30573858
Is that repro or did you make those pockets on the side your self?
>>
File: Ocab-20151016-195837-1200.jpg (406KB, 1200x901px) Image search: [Google]
Ocab-20151016-195837-1200.jpg
406KB, 1200x901px
Sup gearfags, reposting from ded thred.

I want a picatinny light for my sub2000.
>but sub2000s are supposed to be super lightweight and compact!
Right, so I want a super compact and lightweight light. Doesn't have to be five billion lumens. Something that's very low profile would be cool. Thinking an XC1, is there anything similar out there that isn't $300?
>>
>>30573993
Surefire scout mini. About $250 at skd.

The new streamlight railmount 1. $90ish.
>>
>>30574055
That shit is not small at all.
>>
>>30574063
Yeah they are. M300 and railmount 1, not M600 and railmount 2.

3oz, 4" long, less than an inch tall. They're smaller and lighter than a tlr1.
>>
>>30574091
>4" long, less than an inch tall
>small
I don't think you understand dimensions very well.
>>
>>30574099
Well guess you're stuck with the xc1 then, because the m300 is the second smallest weaponlight made.

Also, you're an asshole that doesn't understand relative sizes.
>>
>>30574099
>a light that weighs around 4% of the weight of my long gun is too much.
Here you go m8
http://princetontec.com/switch-rail
>>
>>30574133
>be an unhelpful moron
>get butthurt over it
lol
>>
>>30574163
>being this much of an ass
Seriously m8 the M300 is a small light by long gun standards. Maybe you should give some reference in terms of size instead of just saying "super compact" and expecting everyone to have the same ideas you do.
>>
>>30574186
>by long gun standards
>putting it on super compact gun
Have you tried not being retarded?
>>
>>30574163
>unhelpful
Wha? He was correct though. M300 is the second smallest weaponlight, xc1 is the smallest.

That guy didnt want to pay $300 for an xc1.

So anon recommended the next smallest, which is a bit cheaper, andbthe third smallest, which is a quarter as much.

Cant recommend shit that doesn't exist.

And you were being an ass.
>>
File: patent pending shit.png (23KB, 872x637px) Image search: [Google]
patent pending shit.png
23KB, 872x637px
>>30573993
>>30574055
>>30574063
>>30574091
>>30574099
>>30574133

Behold faggots, 15 seconds and a decent idea. What kinda light are you looking for? directional or all around. I might bastardize something real quick for a reflector.
>>
>>30574210
>beam throw: 3 inches
Yeah, nah, all those people saying xc1 or m300 are correct.
>>
>>30574199
>implying the sub2k isn't a long-gun
This is fucking basic terminology m8. Either way it's fucking 16" long folded and 7" tall. A dinky little m300 is small change compared to that.
>>
>>30574241
>I can't comprehend themes
>>
>>30574250
>I cant articulate a basic point and will resort to assblasted memery when nobody understands me
Cmon m8, stop being a cunt
>>
>>30574237
Meh, it was worth a shot. I just wanted to give you a DIY so you can play around with something. Honestly you can mix up a little plastic in your kitchen and build the housing for something like this. Mount a flashlight reflector in the tip so it can throw some beam.
>>
>>30574250
What fucking theme? Is this your "I wish I was Jason Bourne" gun? I would happily pay the bulk and weight penalty to get battery life and fucking lumens to actually PID threats.
>>
>>30574271
>mount a flashlight reflector in the tip
>oh, and change to a cr2 or cr123 so I have more than 5 minutes of battery life
>oh no, it now looks exactly lkie a retarded m300!
>>
>>30574275
>"I wish I was Jason Bourne" gun
>calls other people memers
kek
>>
>>30574316
>there couldnt possibly be multiple people saying how retarded I am!
I'm the one who called you a memer, not him.

There's at least three of us telling you how dumb you are.
>>
>>30574310
So? You made it yourself. :D
I mean, I though with the amount of jerking off we see on day/k/are you of all people would appreciate "do it yourself", but I guess not. :c
>>
>>30574316
I'm not the meme guy m8. Also since when was calling people out for wanting to be secret gray man ninja operators a fucking meme? That shit's gayer than a bag of dicks.
>>
>>30574351
Oh, I love DIY stuff.

But I know I dont have the ability to make a weaponlight that's robust enough to trust my life to, and I dont see the point of making an inferior copy of somethingthat already exists.
>>
>>30574384
Meh. Its the cost to play the game.

How much of that forward handguard is removable. Maybe you and drop a flashlight in the front like the old 90's mp5s.

Bore open the front to install a small flashlight. Pic of your kts2000 pls?
>>
File: 20160710_155152.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_155152.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Anyone recommend a dump pouch? Something compact?
>>
File: 20160710_155900.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_155900.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>30574474
>>
>>30574441
You've got the wrong guy m8.

Although I have experimented with rigging flashlights to rifles before.

The problem I kept running in to is small flashlights have fuck all for beam throw. A 200 lumen, high end pen light wont give enough throw to PID a person at 20 feet, and anything bigger than a pen light really only fits on most rifles in a ring mount and thus adds considerable bulk.
>>
>>30574474
>Dump pouch? Compact?
Not trying to be shitty here.
compact means no rigidity, meaning the mouth flops all over the place, doesn't stay open, made of a single layer of frabric.

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-ultimate-dump-pouch.cfm

I've seen a few like this and some that were basically a dice bag on your 7 or 8 oclock.
>>
File: 20160710_160022.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_160022.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>30574498
>>
>>30574474
I like my HSGI zip up, its about the size of a bifold wallet when closed and holds 30rd pmags and change. It is also shallow enough to not flop all over the place.

I also like the look of Granite Gears rollup dump pouch, but havent used it.
>>
File: IMG_8749.jpg (795KB, 876x1780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8749.jpg
795KB, 876x1780px
>>30572641
I use a Chicom type63 for my scar

>>30569818
>>30567445
>RCS Eidolon
Thanks for steering me away from the incog
>>
>>30572356
Im enjoyig their double rifle bag. But it doesnt see hardcore operator tactical trasnport operations.

>>30572810
You're not wrong.

>>30573963
Thats a double stack subcompact, and because its just a backup

>>30574474
I have tac tailor i like it, its cheap
>>
Since underwear thread is kill, what compression/synthetic underwear should I get
>>
File: dogel.jpg (155KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
dogel.jpg
155KB, 660x495px
Hey Skelly

Can I see more of your Perroz Designs slick in CADPAT?

I'm from the Northeast and I really want one in the same pattern. It's that or ranger green.

Pretty please?
>>
File: X5bnMso.png (250KB, 842x604px) Image search: [Google]
X5bnMso.png
250KB, 842x604px
>>30575213
He never talked about his lh9 and lh9 gear, even i asked twice. What a dick. Tell him to frig off next time you see him.
>>
>>30572659
>Cheap ceraminc level IV alternative
>Literally double the price
>>
Any chest rigs that can hold atleast the 6 ak mags and accept 2, 3 ak kangaroo mags?
>>
Should I get a helmet or parts for my gun?
>>
>>30575337
My advice, don't buy gear specific to a gun. I did that and once I bought an AR the chest rig didn't work well. Buy something generic that will work for a wide variety of guns. What's your price range?
>>30575403
What gun
>>
>>30575417
Cz scorpion.
>>
>>30575458
Oh, nice. Well do you see yourself using a helmet within the next few months? If not, get parts. What parts anyways?
>>
>>30575417
Price range I'd go probably 200 max for a chest rig, I have 2 condor kangaroo pouches in ranger green my dad bought me.

So preferably in ranger green too.
>>
>>30575472
Just general us made parts and then eventually a stock once the stamp come through
>>
>>30575474
http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-UCR-Universal-Chest-Rig-p/pig.667.htm
>>30575568
>us made
sure, sure
well helmets don't cost to much
>>
>>30575474
Why not get a faceless/nothing special blank carrier.

Then get a SAAV like I have in >>30573499?

Covers all your needs. You don't go full retard. You have to sew to add anything too special like a walkie holder or shit. Holds AK and M4 mags. Doesn't hold that many Fal mags but most of y'all just shit post about fals.

Anyone else on the same boat as me for plate carrier and ammo carrier separate?
>>
>>30575610
Thanks friend, I will post pics in the future, you think I can mod it to accept sapi plates?
>>
>>30575632
If you want a plate carrier, just get a plate carrier...
They don't cost much more
>>
>>30575641
I like the aesthetics of the chest rigs, makes me feel like a slav.
>>
>>30575657
>slav
get a smersh then
>>
>>30575627
Got any In solid colors?
>>
>>30575627
I've got a slick carrier with an sadf chest rig.
>>
>>30575680
OD, Black, Navy Blue

My only problem is half of them are made in China so I've had to reacquaint myself with blanket stitching, whipstitching, etc because I saw a few threads give way and felt they needed to be secured.

Otherwise see if IVAN is selling them on commandostore.
>>
Opinion on 5.11?
>>
>>30573499
I bet that cat has serious stopping power
>>
>>30575707
I have a pair of socks from them, really like them :D
>>
>>30575678
Woah they look neato, got any you'd recommend I purchase from?
>>
>>30573876
>insulate pretty well
That's actually the opposite of what I'm looking for: I need something for hot weather. My winter innawoods boots are a pair of insulated Irish Setters that've served me well for years.
>>
>>30575754
I personally don't but there are people on here who can if they show up, go ask /akg/ as well.
Ebay is a good start
>>
File: back and displayed.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
back and displayed.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>30575690
>>30575680
>>30575703

I've had to do a few sew jobs to get it completely to where I like it, but it's given me a decent perspective to how I feel about modularity and making tailor'd gear.

You can't fuck up a SAAV, its the AK of Web gear.
>>
File: front.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>30575787
I've sew'd in a clasp at the top for holding a baofeng uv5r, redone the buckles at the bottom so I could have one in the chest. Sew'd some of the mag pouches, changed the insides a little, etc.

It's kind of like sewing on patches vs being a cheating bitch and getting the Asian rent-boy at the dry cleaner to sew it for you. Just do it, its an enlightening experience and gives you practical knowledge for sewing wounds/sewing torn fabric.
>>
File: r8m8.jpg (768KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
r8m8.jpg
768KB, 1600x900px
Alright guys, r8 my shit.

>>30575707
Their pants are nice. I wear some for work, as well as Propper. The 5.11 are definitely a higher quality and have held up better.
>>
>>30575816
>>30575787
That shit is really cool
>>30575835
knifeinarmpit/10
>>
>>30575861
>knifeinarmpit/10
I'm slow today. Can you explain?
>>
>>30570212
So uhhhh...... where is the guy whos name was JOHNSON who was going for SWAT training?
>>
>>30575871
Is your leatherman on your left cumberbund right under your armpit? Looks like it
>>30575879
Johnson is poor as fuck, doubt it
>>
>>30575879
Probably training.
>>30575892
That's what I thought you meant, but I wasn't sure. It doesn't sit under my armpit, when my PC is on the leatherman is to the left of the left side magazine pouch.
>>
>>30575835
Woodland reversable parka? Why did you get it? Waterproof or because of Desert Storm Fantasies?
Blank Plate Carrier, good because it isn't screaming "I have 9001 molle pouches and I need everything on me :DDDDD"
Why do you have parts of your trauma pack mixed up? Get a second pouch, get a bigger one, or slim down your current one.
Is all of the shit on your jacket supposed to be in your jacket? If so wtf.
Why the backpack, if it fits your stuff, reorganize or get a different set for things. Your BP will hold food, loose ammo, tarp/shelter, radio etc.

Is this a range kit or a combat kit?
Build your stuff to be a 4 hour combat kit. Mang. I don't see any snacks. That hydro pack, how much water? Do you have any gatorade mix for it?
>>
>>30572659
I'm not really following the rest of this thread but I also own some of thetargetman spartan armor plates and I also highly reccomend against ar500.
Just save up for some actual plates or get a nice chest rig Instead.
>>
>>30575914
Oh ok, you're good
>>
>>30575100
Something with a fly.

Ive got a couple pairs of the original 5" inseam UA boxerjocks but mostly wear Adidas ones now. I have no idea why UA stopped with the flys.
>>
>>30575657
Well, slavs dont put plates in their chest rigs, they wear slick plate carriers under their rigs
>>
>>30575263
They're still objectively superior though.
>>
>>30573744
Keep telling yourself how your $80 plate carrier is just as good as an American made one and how you arn't a poorfag because you couldn't save an extra $100 to buy better shit
Gear is an expensive hobby either get a type 81 chest rig or stop shitting things up when people try to reccomend good shit that you might have to depend your life on one day.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-10-18-43-18.png (637KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-10-18-43-18.png
637KB, 1080x1920px
>>30575768
Just bought this on ebay for 140 total, thanks anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-10-18-43-13.png (1012KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-10-18-43-13.png
1012KB, 1080x1920px
>>30575768
And front pic. Will post pics when it gets here.
>>
>>30576106
>>30576120
That was quick, enjoy lol
>>
File: 20160710_164821.jpg (2MB, 1200x2133px) Image search: [Google]
20160710_164821.jpg
2MB, 1200x2133px
>>30575915
>Parka
It was on clearance for $30 and is waterproof. Woodland isn't ideal for my area but it works well enough.
>Trauma pack
Those go in the front small pocket on the backpack and is a sealed kit with spare pressure bandages to either be used while I'm hiking/camping, or as a refill for my IFAK (I'm a little paranoid about not having enough medical stuff, yes I have training). My IFAK is 2 rolls of gauze, 1 roll of quick clot, H&H pressure bandage, Naso/lube, TQ, duct tape, sharpie, and gloves.

None of what is laid out is supposed to be in the jacket, I just wanted something to lay it on and save space to fit in the photo. The jacket is rolled up on top of the blanket in the large pocket of the backpack with room to spare to add enough food for 24hrs and a small tarp/tent half if I need it. Work provides the radios and they're just Wal-Mart walkies that I clip into a MOLLE loop or onto my belt.

Everything else are comfort items that go in the middle pocket.

>hyrdo pack
3L

>range kit or combat kit
Combat(in the sense that I'll probably never see combat, but I would rather be prepared), but within the purview of security work. Which is why it's not geared for anything longer than 24hrs.
>>
>>30576143
It was the last one too apparently kek, he has others but they're multicam or have infinity pistol pouches on the back.
>>
>>30576052
>they wear slick plate carriers
And maybe 1 in 50 has actual plates in it.
>>
>>30576052
I know, I just wanna add like a mini chest/back plate carrier to cover my lungs, heart and liver, probably sew a insert of some kind into it
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Does anyone want to buy this SPOSN Smersh rig? $95 shipped, email [email protected] for more pictures.
>>
>>30576264
Pig brig from SKDtac sounds like what you want.
>>
>>30576274
>>30576191
lol
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>30576174
Here's me in a dehydrated water kit. I got everything for if I had to run out the door and shoot down my street.

>Waterproof
You're doing better than me, I'm buying a bottle of waterproofer soon to make my Fleck and night cammies water resistant.

>Those go in the front small pocket on the backpack and is a sealed kit with spare pressure bandages-
Good on you, I kinda wish I had more than shit on hand to tourniquet and or bandage shit. For the past week my dad has drain half my gauze, topical analgesic, bandages, alcohol prep pads etc. He got bit by a brown recluse on the neck and shit has eaten half of my applyable medical kit. I had to use fucking tooth number to get the shit numb enough to squeeze puss out. Otherwise I have to get him to smoke pot to get him ready enough to squeeze shit out. He ca't take pain meds. Prep your kit for extra numbzicain and other analgesics, extra 4x4 gausexpacking gauze etc.
Naso? Oral/nasal-pharyngeal airway?

Good on you man, you backpack holds more than my straight combat load. I might ditch the back tube on my shit to re-use my assault pack.

>Hydro
Same, I like having a 3l. I can fill it up with less if need be.

>Combat kit
That's pretty much what you should train on. Even if it is to look scary and "military-style" that's what you should train on. Your instincts drop to your level of training.

Kinda jelly senpai.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>30576338
>>
File: 1468092256176-pol.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468092256176-pol.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>30576274
I regret nothing.
>>
>>30576359
>>30576338
rotate your damn pics, it takes 10 seconds
>>
>>30576371
just cancel your order lol
>>
>>30575610
Honestly the aftermarket for the scorpions these days are legit I don't need the direct copy cz stuff anymore
>>
>>30576338
That shit sucks about your dad. I do need at least some Tylenol extra strength and ibuprofen. Half my stuff is near expiration and needs replaced; I need an extra TQ as well.
>>
File: 1.jpg (852KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
852KB, 1920x2560px
>>30576374
I forgot, when you kill the exif data it forgets if it needs to rotate. :c sorry.
>>
I'm looking for kneepads cause I'm sick of smashing the on shit innawoods, any suggestions?
>>
>>30576440
Get less clumsy?

What is causing you to smash up innawoods?
>>
>>30576425
Christ, eat some food and hit the gym you Muppet-armed cunt.

Also, actually use the gear you're dropping a fortune on you ducking cosplayers. So much of this shit looks like it's been taken from the shelf and thrown unceremoniously in a closet. Not a sweat stain, hole or dirt mark to be seen. Uppercut yourselves and use the gear you spent so much on, you fucks.
>>
File: 2.jpg (792KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
792KB, 1920x2560px
>>30576423
Go for a combat action tourniquet or several. I hear guys in Afghanistan keep several in case of IEDs.

Take my story and learn from it. People are a pain to deal with. Make sure you have gloves, topical analgesic, alcohol prep pads, extra razors/scalpels, and gauze. A simple thing like a spider bite can turn into backyard surgery. When there is no doctor, there's you.

Get a mix of Tylenol with delayed release (helps keep fever low) and ibuprofen. Asprin is good if you have no kids since it works better than ibuprofen/naproxen sodium. Thing is, fucking retard syndrome (rye syndrome) with kids who take it when they get chicken pox.

If you want my honest take on it. Get a lot of first aid, then get 4x4 or large gauze for GSW/ general laceration, packing gauze, etc. Finally you need 2 tubes of tooth number (benzocain 10%) and any pills/ antibiotics you can get a hold of. I only have penicillin, I had to use the amox last time my brother got bronchitis. Ernst, basic medical knowledge turns you into the family doc. Get good while you still can.
>>
>>30576509
HA!
Nigger you wouldn't believe how much I eat and how fast I shit it out. Partially my computer shit partially genetics. I got a job at amazon now, I should begin to develop some muscle soon.
>>
>>30576440
stop dolphin diving into cover

but arcteryx ones are pretty good. I personally use crye, since its integrated.
>>
>>30576509
I do use my gear, it just looks new because I just got it a month ago to replace older stuff that was worn out or I just didn't like.
>I'm looking at your First Spear STT
>>
File: 100_0563.png (302KB, 540x868px) Image search: [Google]
100_0563.png
302KB, 540x868px
>>30573727

I'm 6' 3" ~175 pounds. Have a Shellback Banshee, a Blackhawk Lo-vis PC and a large IBA. I have a long, skinny torso so I have to cinch the PC's way down to get the top of the plates to my collarbone and then they bottoms sit rather high above my belly button. As for flaks coming out of basic back in the day I weighed 155 and could squeeze into a small IBA. Once I filled out a bit I wore a medium. Sounds like you're on the skinny side of average so any medium carrier should fit you just fine.
>>
>>30576611
you*
>>
File: 2016-07-03 22.38.22.jpg (141KB, 476x479px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-03 22.38.22.jpg
141KB, 476x479px
>>30576611
>looking at your first spear stt
What do you want to know
>>
>>30576629
>IWouldn'tWorryAboutIt.jpg
>>
>>30576647
I meant to type "you" instead of "your."

I used one for work for 2.5 years and I just couldn't take it anymore and sold it.
>>
>>30576668
>2.5
Is it really that old?
>>
>>30574522
>http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-ultimate-dump-pouch.cfm
>$32
boy am I laffin. I could get a leather craftsman to make one for cheaper and have it 10 times more durable and also ridgid.

But im not that guy who askin so...
>>
>>30575892
>Johnson is poor as fuck, doubt it
>>30575892
>Probably training.
Or maybe we don't hear from him again, cause he was actually Micah Johnson??? I tried the archives, but they were down, but iirc, he might of had a tan plate carrier.......
>>
>>30576546
Pain killers/fever
Tylonol works best for fever and general mild joint pain
Iburofen works great for sinus headaches and swelling
Naproxen is for authritus/general pains and swelling
Asprin is for fevers and swelling and migrains.

Plan what you need/expect. What are you expecting? Sprained ankles? Naproxen and Asprin will cover those. Ibuprofen irritates the stomach more as compared to naproxen (in my book at least)

Bandages, you need a few for cuts on fingers and a split knuckles and palm shit.

Gauze 4x4 gauze x10 to put under large bandages or soaking puss/blood.

Israeli bandages, you need 1 at least for GSW for yourself. Maybe 2 or 3 depending space.

Then you need packing gauze. Just a roll of stupid gauze.

Quick Clot is up to your discression.

For numbzicaine, 2 tubes. 1 for mouth, one for painful shit and swollen ass spider bites squeeze etc.

Scalpels or razors, depends on skin cutting needs.

As for antibiotics, bacitracin with topisch and oral antibiotics. Anything you can get your ands on.
>>
>>30572823
>>30572904
>>30572730
>IOTV
why all the hate?
>>
>>30576940
Honestly, this is why I like the canteen pouches on my SAAV. Half the shit looks like dice bags with MALICE/MOLLE rigging spots.
>>
best place to find p226 mags?
>>
File: Copy of Loadout.jpg (2MB, 2796x3022px) Image search: [Google]
Copy of Loadout.jpg
2MB, 2796x3022px
This is my current setup. I'm planning on a lighter unarmored setup for my AR-10 with a daypack instead of hydration pack.
>>
>>30576919
Eh, I think I exaggerated. I got it in May or June of 2014 and I sold it last month. So about 2 years. I didn't mind the tubes for the cumberbund, but the should straps got in the way and it was physically painful having them dig into my shoulders when I shot my pistol and I couldn't shoulder my rifle with them. It would just slide off.

I also hated the way the cumberbund adjusted, switching from warm to cold weather or cold to warm weather was always a pain in the ass having to dig out the back and guestimating. Having to do that 2 or 3 times to get a good fit.

>>30576977
It wasn't Micah. The Johnson from here had an AR and green PC.
>>
>>30577343
What IFAK pouch is that?
>>
File: DSC03907.jpg (491KB, 953x1285px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03907.jpg
491KB, 953x1285px
>>30575260
I don't own a LH9.
>>30575213
>>
>>30577447
Honestly don't remember and there's not tag on outside. I got it from Amazon about two years ago.

Took me while to find one that would hold everything but wasn't too big/small and still had IFAK features (rip away, red tag).
>>
>>30577494
Then who did? What meme pistol do you have then? It was stopping you from getting the htc low pro belt thing
>>
File: DSC03358.jpg (913KB, 1474x828px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03358.jpg
913KB, 1474x828px
>>30577638
I have a sphinx.
and I could probably make a cz p07 holster work
>>
>>30577528
>>30577447
http://www.specopsbrand.com/medical-pouch-med.html
probably the medium version of this, I have one in green
>>
>>30577494

Ah based skeletor thanks for keeping the hood safe

How do you feel about using this inna Northeast

Very torn between CADPAT and OD
>>
File: DSC03843.jpg (2MB, 966x1720px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03843.jpg
2MB, 966x1720px
>>30577738
long as you have large forested areas go for it.

though RG works just as good
>>
File: PC vs. IOTV.jpg (508KB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
PC vs. IOTV.jpg
508KB, 970x728px
>>30577043

They're big, bulky and lacking in ventilation. Not the worst thing ever, but most people will go with something more HSLD if they have the choice.
>>
>>30577738

I should mention it's for a low profile setup, sometime more concealable and obviously paired with an d3cr
>>
>>30577770
Looks pretty dark mate.
>>
File: DSC03855.jpg (1MB, 1720x966px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03855.jpg
1MB, 1720x966px
>>30577840
and dark trees exist. whats your point?
>>
File: A-Tacs FG kit 1.jpg (3MB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
A-Tacs FG kit 1.jpg
3MB, 1932x2576px
A-Tacs FG Master race reporting in.
>>
>>30577873
Pointing out that the camo in that pic doesn't match the local flora that well. Have any pics of you dolled up in multifam in the same area?

Not trying to start shit, I'm only a fanboy of Jigsaw because it's so silly.
>>
File: DSC03321.jpg (1MB, 1720x966px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03321.jpg
1MB, 1720x966px
>>30578099
I don't own much multicam.
>>
>>30578079
Endor camo/10, yub yub
>>
>>30578117
>AOT Patch

What are you, fuckin gay?
>>
File: A-tacs FG kit harness 1.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
A-tacs FG kit harness 1.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>30578128
I didn't realize that until now. Isn't it lovely though anyways? I'm a fan, at least.
>>
File: point.jpg (486KB, 1843x743px) Image search: [Google]
point.jpg
486KB, 1843x743px
>>30578161
better than being a anime elitist.

All anime is garbage, no one cares what you think is better.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that a basic REI pack blows 90% of the tactical packs out of the water? Almost none of them have even a wire frame, and most hip belts are pathetic.
>>
File: Molle Harness rig 1.jpg (60KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Molle Harness rig 1.jpg
60KB, 960x540px
>>30578172
>>
>>30578210
>Implying I think any anime is decent

It's all subhuman garbage that betamaxes buy into
>>
>>30576576
>genetics
if you're not going to take responsibility for your won body then what will you take responsibility for?
>>
>>30578117
That looks like it matches better. Although the other pics might have been better if you were prone on the ground instead of among the fresh leaves.
>>
>>30578254
where do you think you are?
>>
File: 232132122.jpg (178KB, 501x1200px) Image search: [Google]
232132122.jpg
178KB, 501x1200px
>>30578254
>>
File: 1412878848360.png (65KB, 1606x734px) Image search: [Google]
1412878848360.png
65KB, 1606x734px
>>30577873
>>30578117
>No evidence of controlled burns.

Goddamn fire-cucked west coast forest ferries!
It really russels my jimmies knowing that starbucks-toating, macbook-using, tanktop-wearing elitists make decisions on forest management practices.

Goddamnit
>>
>>30578917
>west coast
I'm landlocked. not to mention there was already a fire like a month ago larger than Chicago.
>>
File: 55MWqhs.png (256KB, 552x464px) Image search: [Google]
55MWqhs.png
256KB, 552x464px
>>30578079
>>
File: bw parka.jpg (512KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bw parka.jpg
512KB, 1200x1200px
Might not be the best thread, even worse since it's summer, but I'll ask anyways

Anyone have or know anything about the Brandit BW parka jackets? I browse Verusteleka periodically and last winter I almost bought one of these for myself, since it's hard to find good jackets with real full size hoods. The liner looks comfy as fuck and I want to trust the Finns at knowing how to winter. Only problem is I can't find hardly any reviews online and since I'm in the US odds are not good I'll find any store that carries them to try them on

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/brandit-bw-parka-black/30008

As an offering for answers my next post will be the only known pic of me gear-queering
>>
File: IMG_5781.jpg (198KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5781.jpg
198KB, 640x1136px
>>30579164
>>
>>30573499
I have both. I have that one which is my project one and I have another large parka that is to remain unmolested for collection purposes.
I personally really love the pattern and they are well made and comfy pieces of surplus.
>>
>>30573654
It's too long and in-between fixing. In gonna make it look nicer soon
>>
>>30576629
Thanks. I've used the IBA and MTV before, guess I'll be alright with a Banshee.
>>
>>30579164
>>30578917
Tfw don't live near a place with spoopy woods thats cold year round for operating with friends
>>
>>30578956
And do you realize why we have massive wildfires?

Because since the 1940s the federal government has been feeding everyone the same bullshit story that fire was bad for the environment. This lead to buildup of fuel in the forest and inevitably this shit show we see today. If regular prescribed burns had been applied then when it finally burned unexpectedly it would just be a low - moderate intensity fire.

>At least that's how its been in the U.S.

I'm sorry guys, I'm drunk and been in the woods for the past 2 months
>>
>>30579269

I don't have spoopy woods or cold year round either man, I'm in Dallas. Although it's taken me till 2 years ago to change my mind, and instead of hating the harshness of winter and loving summer, I've come to embrace the grey skies and learn the satisfaction of warmth, in defeating the cold, whereas there's no defeating the heat, you just try to suffer the least you can

Thus the search for the perfect jacket
>>
>>30578974
Fuck yeah son.

Got any A-Tacs kit of your own?
>>
File: Snapchat-5705112192888634678.jpg (710KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5705112192888634678.jpg
710KB, 1440x2560px
>>30578210
Anyone know what jacket this is?
>>
File: 144355410767.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
144355410767.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30579164

Looks pretty good, kinda like a lighter version of the USGI N-3B parka or presumably the Finnish equivalent.
>>
>>30575263
it's either that or trust your life to heavy unreliable pot metal.
>>
>>30575941
i agree with you. i regret buying ar500. i wish i would have waited and got esapi
>>
File: 20160409_132619.jpg (2MB, 1958x1469px) Image search: [Google]
20160409_132619.jpg
2MB, 1958x1469px
>>30578212
I've been trying to find a tactical backpack that is as good or better than an actual high quality camping backpack from REI etc.

Like you said, most tactical backpacks don't have frames, or if they do they're heavy and not comfortable. The hipbelts also suck.

I bought this Yukon Outfitters pack for $100 that has a hip belt, and a frame. It is okay, and just barely that. It is hot, not big enough for more than a single night, and not that comfortable. Plus shit started breaking on it already.

The best thing I've found is this:
https://www.amazon.com/USMC-Arcteryx-Propper-Main-Pack/dp/B006NH5B80

I think it is actually made by Arcteryx. But they're pretty expensive.
>>
>>30579576
Designed by Arcteryx, manuf. by Propper.
>>
>>30571090
>Fight light
>nigga has to be pushing 200 lbs
>LOL!!!

Are you guys serious?
>>
>>30579382
Arcterys LEAF Alpha gen 1
>>
>>30579904
are you trying to imply that guy is fat? that dude looks built as fuck.
>>
>>30579576
>https://www.amazon.com/USMC-Arcteryx-Propper-Main-Pack/dp/B006NH5B80
You can find them for cheaper in surplus stores.
>>
File: ZStalkerCS01.jpg (129KB, 319x650px) Image search: [Google]
ZStalkerCS01.jpg
129KB, 319x650px
>>30576629
>>
Where is a good sight to buy some gear from? What should I start with?
>>
File: muhretro.jpg (60KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
muhretro.jpg
60KB, 716x960px
Retro ALICE gear from circa 1980 with my USMC issue ERDL jacket and M1 helmet.
>>
>>30582151
Crye Precision.
>>
File: tumblr_nk9bmtgH2j1u26kkho1_1280.jpg (56KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk9bmtgH2j1u26kkho1_1280.jpg
56KB, 894x894px
excuse the edgy image, but does anyone know the type of rig Eric Harris used?
>>
>>30582220
Chink sks rig.
Its like a type 56 rig except more pockets
>>
>>30582291
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>30572384
A regular school backpack or camping rucksack. This stuff isn't that hard. Get something boring, common, and lame. Being "gray man" is not difficult.
>>
File: 0709162313.jpg (657KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0709162313.jpg
657KB, 2048x1536px
>>30576106
>>30576120
I have a SMERSH rig. They are a real pain to assemble (before you freak out and assume the seller forgot something, check the buttpack for the harness) but overall its a really nice rig. My only complaint is that the plastic buckles included with it are garbage.
>>
>>30582806
ALICE master race
>>
File: image.jpg (1023KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1023KB, 1080x1080px
>tfw gonna place a big gear order
>tire blows up and now get to spend my money on that
>>
>>30583072
You can buy some good gear for pretty cheap, anon. Russian Smersh and American ALICE gear are both quite cheap. More so the latter. I got my belt + 2 M16 magazine pouches and 2 canteens for $50, $75 with a buttpack
>>
File: IMG_20160705_172724.jpg (1MB, 1152x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_172724.jpg
1MB, 1152x1440px
US Palm Defender, Tactical Tailor fight light double m4 pouch (can hold a single AK mag btw) Tactical Tailor grenade pouch which was a small IFAK is gone as I wait for a better set up. Also waiting on streamlight sidewinder compact and some hard plates.
>>
>>30583190
Good choice going with Tactical Tailor, anon. They make some quality products.
>>
>>30573966
It's from a nip airsoft blog. The dude added pockets and cut it into an abomination that only covers the shoulders
>>
Is Skeletor an airsoft player? Or just the embodiment of a gear queer?
>>
>>30579340
From my limited experience living in both WA and OR, the latter has better fire control measures.
>>
>>30583190
Activeshooterresponse/10
>>
>>30582197
It ain't me/10
>>
>>30583361
Ironically all the stuff I'm wearing is 1980s issue since it's all shit my dad stole when he left the Marine Corps. Got his ALICE pack, too.
>>
>>30582197
Hey I've got an M1 too, just without the liner. I want to put some of the spare helmet pads I've got inside it and make it my bump helmet.
>>
>>30583396
I'd rather just get an actual bump helmet and find a liner for your M1. These things are surprisingly comfortable. Not quite comfy like an Airframe but they aren't bad.
>>
File: ewewd.jpg (124KB, 1200x483px) Image search: [Google]
ewewd.jpg
124KB, 1200x483px
>>30582220
>>30582291
>>
File: 1465523333856.jpg (570KB, 1720x966px) Image search: [Google]
1465523333856.jpg
570KB, 1720x966px
>>30583254
I'd probably get to use my gear more if I played airsoft.
>>
Can you reach the bottom pockets of a BDU blouse while wearing an FLC vest?
>>
File: WP_20160606_006.jpg (375KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160606_006.jpg
375KB, 1632x916px
>>30570212
>>
File: for.jpg (757KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
for.jpg
757KB, 1632x1224px
>>30579904
:(
>>
Threadly reminder that Skeletor just rolls around in mud and shit to take pictures of himself so he has "operator cred" on 4chan.
>>
File: 1462469852794.jpg (28KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1462469852794.jpg
28KB, 480x479px
>>30573858
>satanic commandos
>>
>tfw multicam has become the new militia pattern like M81 woodland before it
>>
>>30584344

I wish I could run around outside all geared up, fully loaded just to take pictures for 4chan. :(
>>
File: Testin.webm (836KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Testin.webm
836KB, 720x405px
>>30584344
you mean that legitimate thing called a ghillie wash?
>>
>>30584512
I like your AR
>>
>>30584512

Nice 5 round mags faggot.
>>
File: 2016-07-07 08.25.19 1_resized.jpg (593KB, 1617x907px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-07 08.25.19 1_resized.jpg
593KB, 1617x907px
Holster and light recommendations? I'm taking the P226 out of my gear equation and replacing it with my Glock 19. Plus it'll sit nicely in my Haley D3CR with an Incog holster if I wanted to.

I was thinking about a Raven Phantom holster with a light but I'm curious about other holster makers as well. Raven is local though so they get some bonus points.

Also X300 is pretty big on a Glock 19 but for innawoods I don't care. Surefire XC1 is momentary only so that's a downside. What do?
>>
>>30585032
XC1 has constant, it's an off hand operation. Worth the small size IMO.
>>
>>30584512
>5 round mags

Why don't you just move south to the land of the free?
>>
>>30574474
i love my "Condor Roll-Up Utility Dump Pouch" it does what it's supposed to do and it's cheap. also holds up well after a year of range use.

>inb4 needless condor hate
>>
File: Layout 6.28.2016.jpg (3MB, 1936x3087px) Image search: [Google]
Layout 6.28.2016.jpg
3MB, 1936x3087px
>>30585264
I have one too. Thought about replacing it but no need yet. It's held up well for my innadesert excursions. My double handgun mag pouch is pretty good too actually. Although the VP9 mags sit in it a bit funny with the flaps closed. I thought about swapping them out for Tacos but FUCK they're expensive.
>>
File: 2016-01-26 09.05.57 1_resized.jpg (956KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-26 09.05.57 1_resized.jpg
956KB, 2656x1494px
>>30585208
Does it? For some reason I thought it was momentary only. That's good to know. I really like the size of the XC1 but I like the output of the X300.

I have the Legion X300 but I feel weird putting that on anything that isn't my P226
>>
File: 1455005364373.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1455005364373.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>30584344
Daily reminder that you are a faggot. We all know what he does and we don't fucking care.
>>
>>30585306

He's a trip who just rolls in mud for e-cred.
>>
>>30585246
Because you faggots only let Mexicans in
>>
>>30585405
So? Atleast the trip faggot gives something to the /k/ community.
>>
>>30585405
I know. No one here except a couple autistics care.
>>
>>30578210
>All anime is garbage
why the anime patches then?
>>
>>30585448
Hey I can almost guarantee you anything no one in this thread voted for the guy who made the choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>30585297
>I have one too.
nah brah i was talking about puc related. yours looks good too but anon wanted something compact.
>>
>>30585541
damn, that is compact. I'd ask how much but if I were to ever replace mine it would be with a non Condor one.
>>
>>30573889
Decent surplus in South ga? Where good sir? Camden here.
>>
>>30585602
>Decent surplus
>Anywhere

Varusteleka
Shipping is now $10 to the US.
>>
File: Finn-640x420.png (353KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
Finn-640x420.png
353KB, 640x420px
Git ready.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/category/finnish-m05-camo/1839
>>
>>30585628
overhyped digi flecktarn
>>
>>30585300
i want a legion to.. 226 or 229?
>>
File: 1446783573685.jpg (67KB, 481x637px) Image search: [Google]
1446783573685.jpg
67KB, 481x637px
>>30585462
I can still like garbage.
>>30585246
I have to sell my house first for one.
>>
>>30585651
Bet you are fun at partys.
>>
>>30585659
I like my P226 and I wanted a full sized gun. Part of me wants a P229 Legion but if I wanted to carry something smaller than my P226, I'd rather just carry my Glock 19.
>>
>>30585682
you just won a bet!
>>
>>30585602
Valdosta, (Lake Park) there is a glorious surplus shop here run by a French guy. He has modern shit and even a bit of Rhodesian gear.
>>
>>30585715
i'll only use it at the range so full size would be the smarter choice. but the 229 is a tad more beautiful. also just 0,5'' shorter. i just can't decide..
>>
>>30585726
Ugh, sounds good. But fuck that 2 hour drive. I'm down at kings Bay.

To everyone else, I want to start gear queering. I'm willing to drop 200+/- right now, what should my first piece be? I want a plate carrier and chest rig, but I do t mind waiting to get the right shit.
>>
>>30572617
RoboCop up in here like where's Robert
>>
>>30585748
Personally I thought the P226 looks better, but that is only my opinion. Plus the P226 looks better with an X300.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the P229 though. I already had a P239 so I wanted something full sized.
>>
>>30585534
That's fine but its annoying when people say "Just come south" its not that fucking easy, especially if you want to become a gun owner.
>>
File: xc1-a_1.png (161KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
xc1-a_1.png
161KB, 700x500px
>>30585300
It's the "cross bolt" button right above the last E in Surefire. Output is definitely a compromise due to it's size and battery. I got it for my G19 for CCW, but would be fine for home defense. It throws a very wide beam. I will get a X300 for my G17, but I just got a M600 for my AR and $1,500 of stuff during 4th sales.

Nice Exetershit friend.
>>
>>30576647
is that a plate carrier too?
>>
Can anyone recommend any good youtube gear reviews or prepping channels?
>>
>>30585726
What's it called?
>>
>>30585801
Get a chest rig first, then plate carrier and plates when your budget is higher.
>>
>>30586239
I suppose I should clarify, my budget is a pretty steady 2-400 a few times a month. So, I don't mind waiting a few weeks to drop what's required. However, I am also now sure I need a $600 rig just in case of the happening. What's a good mid-tier company? I've read this entire thread and not seen much consensus? Any links?
>>
>>30585850
are you using a kydex holster for the 226? if yes how does the finish hold up?
>>
>>30586284
Go to SKDtac.com, sort through plate carriers. Anything from their lowest price to like $300 will be your mid-tier.
>>
>>30586284
IMO if you are just gearing up for end of world or 4chin shitposting then a slick carrier and chest rigs are best. A rig with pouches is faster for HD.

http://www.awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52813
Hard to beat
>>
Packed out for a few miles yesterday. Hot as balls out here. Thinking I'm going to stop half assing my rifle and finally make a real wrap for it.
>>
File: packi.jpg (740KB, 1224x1520px) Image search: [Google]
packi.jpg
740KB, 1224x1520px
>>30586382
>>
>>30586333
Yeah, the finish seems to be holding up just fine. The finish on the edges of the X300 is wearing but I'm really not noticing much on the Legion.
>>
File: 1312598770569.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1312598770569.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Should a "happening" happen, would I need bulletproof vest/armor, or will a chest rig alone be good enough? I am totally new at this. I read the stick, but it did not go that in depth on this kind of info.
>>
File: CnHHupMUMAAWVbG.jpg (260KB, 1079x1543px) Image search: [Google]
CnHHupMUMAAWVbG.jpg
260KB, 1079x1543px
>>30586739
Question you should ask yourself

If I'm in the happening
1. Will I be able to go to the hospital if I'm shot?
2. can I get there within the golden hour?
3. if I make it there will the hospital just kill me?

if your answer is NO . you don't need your vitals covered because you're fucked already if you get shot.
Save the weight and enjoy the extra endurance.
>>
>>30586336
>>30586365

thanks broskis
>>
Is there a difference between a thigh rig and a drop leg holster?
>>
>>30587595
It's kind of colloquial, but when somebody says "thigh rig" I'm thinking it doesn't just have to be a pistol, but might instead be a panel with ammo or whatever pouches.

But yeah, it's the same concept. If you have a pistol thigh rig, it's a dropleg.
>>
>>30576576
>Amazon
I worked at one of their warehouses for 3 years and the only thing you gain is stress and unhealthy smoking habits. The only way to get any gainz is to work on tranship dock. If you're picking you're killing your knees, if you're stowing you're killing your lower back.

What facility might I ask?
>>
>>30577494
hey shilletor what knives are those?
>>
>>30587844
Chris Reeves professional soldier
Benchmade SOCP
>>
>>30587864
ty
>>
>>30587817
Nice, thanks for the info m8. Why are they hated so much vs belt holsters?
>>
>>30587940
they dangle like shit if overloaded/ too low. Thigh rigs have their place in minimalist setups, but even then there's better alternatives.
>>
>>30588011
What would you consider a better alternative? Something like a drop down/duty setup?
>>
File: phoenix-mosque-rally-1024x683.jpg (141KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-mosque-rally-1024x683.jpg
141KB, 1024x683px
>>30587940
They put weight on the leg, which makes them shit for hiking around with.

They are an extra thing to buckle when you are trying to put them on in a hurry.

Most people wear them way too fucking low. Pic related, where it is almost on multicam dude's knee. This isn't the fault of the rig, but it's something you avoid if you get a different one.

For the vast majority of uses, a duty drop panel offers the same pros as a dropleg (sits lower to clear armor and more natural to grasp) without any of the downsides.
>>
>>30588037
I would recommend a duty drop panel.
>>
Does anyone have experience with the alice canteen hoses?
>>
File: blacktical.jpg (936KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
blacktical.jpg
936KB, 1632x1224px
>>30588249
>>30588037
Pic related is my setup. And before any "Hurr durr Serpa", I stand by it as a secure and durable holster from firsthand use.
>>
>>30588256
No, but that's a kind of stupid addition for a 1 QT. You'll drain it fast and setting it up will be annoying, especially if you intend to add it to a vest.

I can kinda see the 2QT useful in a pack, but at that point why not just get a purpose made bladder?
>>
>>30586231
Online it's called Williams, but the name on ten building is Army Surplus. There is an old medical van in front. Guy is super knowledgeable and will talk your ear off about history. He talked to me about his days in Africa while he was conscripted.
>>
>>30588221
>>30588249
Thanks for all the help, I'll start looking into the duty holsters. I have a good cc setup but i wanna have something more overt for when it's time to go full gearqueer
>>
>>30585801
Valdosta anon here, I will shill for the SADF chest rig until the day I die. For $30 it's the kittie's titties. I also really love the sadf battle jacket. Something about African conflict gear makes my peepee hard.
>>
>>30588438
Where does on find a SA chest rig? Have you tried wearing a pack with one?
>>
>>30588256
>>30588299
He's got a point anon, at that point just get a camelback or get another and or larger canteen.
>>
>>30588500
As much as I hate to say mention them, the kommando store has them, or eBay. Yes you can wear a pack with them on, it's not perfect but it's doable.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.