[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cleaning TA-50

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: CIF_1.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CIF_1.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
I know this isn't weapons related, but this the the board with the most veterans and I need your help.
I'm clearing and get out of the army in a month and need to clean my gear to pass CIF. What's the best way to get all my gear clean so I don't get caught up there? What are your brotips?
>>
>>30558848
Gojo and a clean hard nylon brush like a toothbrush and Goo Gone for tape mess left behind
>>
>>30558848
for any of your deuce gear put it all on and get in the shower

don't put anything in the washer or dryer as it will just fuck it all up

also go online and print off your cif receipt because THEY WILL put shit on it that you weren't issued after the fact
>>
>>30558887
Deuce gear?
>>
>>30558920
muhreen term for TA-50
>>
>>30558848
Go to quartermaster. If you have a receipt from them, CIF is required to accept your gear.
>>
>>30558848
have you never had a TA-50 lay out and inspection? former 11-B SSG here, pay attention Joe.
if you have a old style helmet swap out the chin strap and suspension with new. yes it's a little money, but they can't say it wasn't clean. If you can't get new, use shampoo to get all that hair and body oil off. Make sure you scrub out the inside of the helmet too. Scrub out the inside of your e-tool case with a green pad to get all the black paint marks out. after you clean and repaint your e-tool, put it in a AFEES bag after it dries and put it in the carrier. no paint will get on the inside of the carrier. if you have a vest, get some simple green and scrub around the collar where all the oil from your skin accumulated. most of your small shit toss it in a washer, no more than half full, don't pack everything in for one load. let it all air dry. if you have a polly pad lay it out and use simple green and a scrub brush, then hose it off and let it air dry. paint your helmet green, if you have a shelter half, paint the poles green and the stakes orange, I don't care if you never used them. spray some armor-all on a old towel or wash cloth and wipe down your wet weather gear and e-tool carrier (inside and out). If you don't have a copy of your clothing record stop by CIF and get a copy.Then go home and do your own layout, missing anything? go steal it or buy it. Ask a few question while you are there. Arrive early for your turn in appointment as most places I have been you have to load all your stuff into a cart in a specific order so as you go down the turn in line everything is right there and you aren't spending 20 min trying to find your helmet band and cammo cover. Be polite smile say hi etc during your turn in, if you are cool, they will be cool too. after cleaning all your shit go through and look for obvious damage, if you can't fix it, try to turn it in anyway, roll fold so as to hide the damage. /cont
>>
>>30559090
/cont
if there are any strings fuzz on your gear cut/burn it off. if you feel motivated take a sharpy to the metal grommets and color them in. if anything get's rejected, either deal with supply and S-4 for a damage statement or just go buy it. It's been a few years but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>30559135
forgot to add, if you have deployment markings painted on the bottom of your duffle, PAINT OVER THEM. They don't want any names/unit deployment markings on them.
>>
Oxyclean gets clay and dirt stains out. Though be careful, it will start to bleach fabrics.
>>
>>30558966
This is huge. Go to the post cleaners and make sure you get a receipt when you pick up your stuff. If you took it to the post cleaner they have to take it.
>>
File: eETK5hS.jpg (22KB, 424x317px) Image search: [Google]
eETK5hS.jpg
22KB, 424x317px
Tide

Scuzz brush

Pressure washer for things like your tarp, bivvy sack, helmet cover and the outer shell of your vest/plate carrier/whatever as long as you take out the Kevlar beforehand

Make sure the inside of your daypack/main pack/mag pouches have absolutely nothing inside. no dirt whatsoever. Just rinse them out with a hose or something.

t. had to do my CIF turn-in right after getting back from ITX
>>
>>30558848
Your base should have a quartermaster laundry you can take some of it.
>>
>>30559150
>>30559135
>>30559090
Thanks for the advice, gramps
>>
>>30559395
you better be a first time go CIF and if you don't own a car and don't want to hump all that shit over there, find someone in your platoon that wants to sham that day and have them drive you.
>>
>>30559090

Shelter Halfs? How old are you SSGT? I enlisted in USMC Infantry in 1998 and never saw a shelter half after School of Infantry. 3 more years to go for 20. Just have survive the fags, split tails and trannys.
>>
>>30560229
The fags and trannys are part of why I'm doing 4 and getting out.
My medic platoon went 7 years without a woman, and now we're getting almost all women coming in. And we're a combined arms battalion!! We have no use for them here
>>
Sell all your gear online or offpost and take the statement of charges.
>>
>>30560392
I know someone who literally did that.
He walked into CIF with nothing, took the SoC and handed over about 4 grand and was done with it
>>
>>30558848
Prepare your anus op. Some sheboon is gonna tell you that your gear is all fucked up and you need to pay
>>
>>30560229
got issued a shelter half, poles and stakes when i was stationed on okinawa back in 2004. I'm pog though so it makes sense we'd still have old gear

on typhoons we would turn our ponchos into massive kites using the poles. Shit was great
>>
>>30560392
>>30560559
you'd get less than 4k for sure and in the muhreens if you lost all that you'd get a charge sheet against you and you'd be on legal hold until things got resolved

double fucked if you got caught selling sapis
>>
>>30560820
Obviously this guy didn't sell everything. Just the stuff that would never be clean enough by CIF's standards.
Sometimes it's just easier to take the statement of charges and get it over with than get it kicked back a dozen times
>>
>>30561689
really? I was Infantry and I PCSed 3 times, I had maybe a few items kicked back that I just had to go wash. I think maybe one item I just went to Clothing and Sales and bought another. I even did 2 deployments to Iraq from two dif duty stations. Clearing CIF aint that hard.
>>
>>30558859
>>30558887
>>30559214
can confirm these are true.
you can also be lazy and go to CIF turn in all the shit that they will take and buy new copies of what is rejected, or trade with your NCOs who will help you.

...or ask flr a statement of charges....thats not that hard and you keep your stuff.
>>
>>30558848

90% of things will be taken 1st try just being put thru the wash normally and visibly not being covered in shit and smelling good.

rusk sack and IOTV will murder you. if you've been combat arms for 3.5yrs with the same IOTV, you know that shit aint getting clean.

ASK the guy who denied you specifically how he'd clean it. go do exactly that. tell him you did exactly what he said and it didnt get clean. be obnoxious as fuck with bringing it back. if he doesnt take it 2nd or 3rd try then i dont know what to tell you. if it's too dirty to clean you can get a HAZMAT status for it and turn it in as a chemical stained piece guaranteed.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.