[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullet buttons and the awful, terrible, no good, very bad time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: HKNARD2444.jpg (34KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
HKNARD2444.jpg
34KB, 450x450px
OK, so I has a question, /k/. would I be able to, for the purposes of remaining compliant while I'm still in california, insert a set screw in the hole of my PTR91's bullet button? Or would this not be enough in the eyes of johnny law?

Pic related; could I insert a small set screw into that hole, rendering the evil magic bullet button unoperable? I'd totes screw that bitch right back out when shooting on private property, but trips to the range are gonna get weird if they start enforcing that buillshit.
>>
>>30555732
dont think so. the law stipulates that the action has to be at least partially disassembled in order for the magazine to be removed or reloaded.

just find the actual wording of the law tho
>>
>>30556172
OK. so upon further review of the wording, I am still in a pickle, since the magazine and action are both contained within the single piece receiver.

How would one even go about making that compliant? Jesus fuck, I cannot wait to move out of state once the wife and I finish school. I might as well order some kydex, make a monsterman grip, and just remove the fucking bullet button.
>>
>>30556512
shit, I left this part out. The PTR's action is laid out in such a way that you can't really "break it open" like an AR15 or otherwise disassemble it to gain access to the magazine. As such, would this mean I'd have to lock the bolt back and load rounds in through the ejection slot?
>>
>>30556512
This could work. Provided you don't have a flash hider or bayonet lug on it.
>>
>>30556724
I don't, so it's good that I at least have that option. I was hoping using the set screw to render the magazine fixed would be enough.
>>
>>30556724
A bayonet lug is not an "evil" feature in California.
>>
>>30556172
You could probably design a special lower that had a quick takedown button in lieu of the rear takedown pin on an AR-15.

Just press the button, and an internal latch opens and lets the action break. This could also trigger the magazine to automatically release.

Then just slap the upper back down onto the lower, slap a new mag in, and you're good to go.

For added keks, the upper-release button would be in the same position as the old magazine release button (which now no longer exists).
>>
>>30555732
I made my PTR featureless. Get a grip wrap and switch out the flash hider for a muzzle brake. If SHTF it's easier to remove a grip wrap than to switch out the PTRs bullet button.
>>
>>30555732
>terrible horrible no good very bad day
nostalgia feels man. that was one of the first books I learned to read.
>>
>>30560588
Unfortunately, moving to Australia is no longer an option because their laws are even worse than ours.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.