[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father accidentally shot, killed 14-year-old son at Florida

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

File: range4n-4-web.jpg (130KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
range4n-4-web.jpg
130KB, 1200x672px
Father accidentally shot, killed 14-year-old son at Florida gun range after spent shell casing bounced into his shirt.

>>After firing a round, the spent shell casing struck the wall and deflected, falling into the back of the father's shirt. While doing so, he inadvertently pointed the firearm directly behind him and accidentally fired," the sheriff's office said.

>>http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-shoots-himself-to-death-on-florida-gun-range/

How people this dumb are able to obtain access firearms?
>>
Anon that doesn't count its florida
>>
>>30502894
Kek.Americans keep getting killed in the most creative ways. I'll add this one to my collection
>>
How the fuck do you accidentally point a gun directly behind you and fire?
>>
>>30502894
I'm reading this right? He tried to reach the case inside his shirt with is gun? Is this even real?
>>
>>30502894
This right here is my nightmare. I love guns and related stuff, but this right here is why I will never buy one. It doesn't need to be an accident as stupid as this one, but it can happen in a second and there is no turning back afterwards.
>>
>>30502993
okay but shooting is one of the safest sports in terms of injury and death rate lol so unless you dont trust yourself to do something as simple as not point a gun at someone i don't know what you're even talking about
>>
>>30502928
This. As an anon living and going to school here I can safe this is darwin at work. Florida is the asshole of this country.
>>
>>30502894
Can we get a Florida story thread?

Florida really has some of the best "people" stories.
>>
>>30503373
I thought it was the dong of the U.S.
With California being the asshole
>>
>>30502894

Florida Man thread?
>>
>>30502993
Do you drive on the highway, Anon?

An animal or another driver can put you in terrible danger and you could die in an instant.
Do you ever feel in danger when there's a semi in the oncoming lane? If he hit you head on you are completely fucked and will not have an open casket funeral. How does that make you feel?

You don't worry about getting hit head on by that truck because you're both staying safe and doing what you're doing properly. Yeah sure, you could end up in an accident where it kills you but that won't likely happen.
>>
>>30503401
Fair enough. If it's the dong, then it's infected and needs to be cut off. I can't get the fuck out of this trailer park of a state quick enough.
>>
>>30502993
FUCK OFF SHILL
>>
>>30502993
I was once shooting an AR-10 with a 40 round magazine on a crowded range when a hawk wasp (aka Tarantula Hawk) flew down the back of my shirt and stung my neck just above my left shoulder. I still managed to put the gun on safe, lock the bolt back, drop the mag (right into a fucking mud puddle) without killing anyone or even shooting the dirt, despite being in the worst pain I've ever felt in my somewhat sheltered life.
Its not hard to not be a massive fucking retard, even under extreme circumstances.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk
>>
>>30502894
Another reason never to shoot at a range. Innawoods or nothing.
>>
File: KNIFE HAND INTENSIFIES.png (233KB, 300x383px) Image search: [Google]
KNIFE HAND INTENSIFIES.png
233KB, 300x383px
>>30503524
>I was once shooting an AR-10 with a 40 round magazine on a crowded range...

Anon, quit being a fucking Kuntzman, I've had several 7.62 casings from a M24-

>...when a hawk wasp (aka Tarantula Hawk) flew down the back of my shirt and stung my neck just above my left shoulder

Good fucking almighty God...
>>
>>30502894

>>30501333

Check the catalog before you make threads OP, you don't get karma on 4chan.
>>
>>30503540
Isn't this the kind of thing that would happen no matter where they were shooting?
>>
>>30503373
>>30503408
You're retarded. The reason you hear so many ridiculous news stories from FL is because of their legislation regarding what the police has to release to the press.

It's not inherently more strange than any other place.
>>
>>30503701
Not him, but:
not necessarily, brass down the shirt is (in my experience) usually the result of a ricochet off of a lane wall so this could potentially have been avoided if they were outdoors, but I don't know exactly how everything went down so I can't say for sure. Hell, he might've just had a different kind of ND if they were elsewhere.
>>
>>30503612
Yeah, not fun. Also, that was the first time I was stung by anything. Its really not that hard to keep the muzzle down range and your finger off the trigger. Sometimes after a stressful day I still get a bit of a stinging sensation in that same spot. Pretty sure that is a really lame version of ptsd.
And I consider myself to be a bit of a pussy, I can't imagine the kind massive faggot it would take to get that crazy over a bit of hot brass.
>>
>>30502952
no you are not.
>>
Jesus, between that and the militia fucker who killed a legally transferrable Ma Deuce, today kinda sucked.
>>
>>30503784
Fuck off, cunt. Florida is awful. You must be living in one of those trailer parks I mentioned. Stay triggered bitch
>>
>>30502894
Ausfag here,

is there any training that could have prevented this?
>>
>>30503877
Honestly, I think for what it's worth, you handled a tarantula hawk sting with loaded firearm in hand very well. Ensured that you held out long enough to put away your gun safely then deal with the sting.

While I think I would have done the same, it would have at least involved a LOT of screaming and swearing on my part.

>I can't imagine the kind massive faggot it would take to get that crazy over a bit of hot brass.

Seriously. I've had a couple 7.62 casings go down my sleeve from a M240 that was firing on the range for a good previous 3 hours. Though, I might've been used to the heat as it was already mid 90sF. Said it was hot then shook the casings out of my sleeve.
>>
>>30502894
murica fuck yeah
>>
I've had that happen to me. Some girl had brass fall down her shirt at the range so she started wigging out and pointed an empty pistol at me. It's usually why I stay clear of guys who bring their girlfriends and protect my virginity with anime.
>>
>>30503988
Yeah, its called the "Do not interact with the elderly" training. Fun fact: Most of the elderly is stupid. But no one wants to admit it.
>>
>>30504014
Oh there was swearing. The worst part was my friends were just laughing at me meanwhile I was dry heaving and crying in the bushes away from the firing line. Cant blame them, I would have done the same had the roles been reversed. At least my buddy Tim put my rifle away.
Also, hot brass doesn't even burn that much initially, just later when you're in a hot shower it might burn or when you're trying to sleep it'll itch. Ive been burnt by plenty of brass in plenty of places.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 245x389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 245x389px
>>30503401
>California being the asshole
Why must you kick us when we're down
>>
>>30504082
elderly men are the best people to shoot the shit with. no fucks given about appearances or whatever.
>>
File: florida man.jpg (1MB, 750x4250px) Image search: [Google]
florida man.jpg
1MB, 750x4250px
>>30502894
I bet Floridaman was behind this.
>>
>>30502894
I was at the range today and one of the guys there rained hot brass from his AK into my face with damn near each time he shot... and he was a good 3-4 lanes away from me.
How do you fuck up so bad as a parent and shooter you forget range/ handling rule 1 from a single bit brass hitting you?
>>
>>30504179
Dude, we don't care about your daddy-issues and non-stop imprinting on older dudes.

Every week I respond to incidents where the elderly were operating equipment they should have due to lack of mental capacity.
>>
>>30504153
BECAUSE YOU STARTED THIS RIDE
>>
>>30503934
Wait, what?
>>
>>30502894

>Sarasota

I went to a gun range there and the back wall was such shit that it would spit rounds back at you, no joke. I was only shooting 9mm and it ricocheted a few times and actually made me bleed, pretty decent sized chunks of metal too. I can only imagine if you shot something bigger. Probably would take out your eye or knock out your tooth.
>>
>>30503877
Wait, I just want to hear about this 40 round AR10 mag!
>>
>>30503373
Stop living and going to school here then. Be a man and go back up north, live your gender identity crisis, look in the mirror, realise that you're the problem.
>>
https://youtu.be/GbCgQKHUhQc
>>
>>30503524
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk
A wasp so terrible it's classed in the Pepsi's genera.
>>
File: image.jpg (304KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304KB, 576x1024px
>>30502894
>Tfw Anon buddy's Vz.58 landed a case between my glasses and eyebrow
>Still managed TD with my rifle as I yipped and took my glasses off with the off hand
What's his excuse?
>>
>>30504319
Its some armalite pattern (like my rifle) piece of shit. I think it was originally an FAL mag. I have two and one works ok, the other is fucking garbage.
>>
>>30502894
That is Final Destination tier bullshit
>>
As a welder, this is fucking shameful.

I've had plenty of shitty burns from red beads of metal getting trapped in my clothes, and unless you are fucking retarded you maintain awareness of what you are doing through all of it.
>>
>>30502894
>teen-shoots-himself-to-death
wat
>>
>>30503988
the father not being a faggot.
spent shell casings are hot enough to be uncomfortable to the touch but you will not be burned by them. certainly, not hot enough to wave a loaded gun around. also fag dad didn't have the presence of mind to move is finger off the trigger. that should be an automatic movement every time your firearm is not longer pointing at your target.

so to answer your question, yes. ANY basic firearms fucking training at all would have prevented this.
>>
This exact same thing happened at the indoor range I go to. Guy took his wife and a hot shell went into her cleavage and she shot him in the leg with a .22.
>>
>>30502894
How long until we see security footage?
>>
File: 1426887582028.jpg (126KB, 729x899px) Image search: [Google]
1426887582028.jpg
126KB, 729x899px
>>30502894
that's what you get for limp-wristing you filthy casual
>>
>>30502894
>How people this dumb are able to obtain access firearms?
Probably same way you did
>>
>>30502894
Fucking pussy..
>>
>>30507344
>Probably same way you did
>he did

Ew wot m8?
>>
I still don't understand the
>hot shell casing went down back of shirt
>"I'll reach under the back of my shirt with a loaded firearm to get it with my finger on the trigger

and it gets more bizarre
>gun discharges
>bullet ricochets off the roof
>hits son in head

So we're clearing a hot casing from our back, with a loaded gun, with finger on the trigger AND we manged to fire UP into the ceiling and subsequently shoot our son in the head.
>>
>>30502894
Brass doesn't even sizzle or hiss when it gets on you. This kid died because his dad is a numale pussy.
>>
>>30506090

I'm tired of idiots saying whenever someone does something stupid and dies/ gets someone killed, it's 'FINAL DESTINATION'
>>
>>30503988
Compare to a dislocated joint, hot brass is nothing. It is stepping on play-dough in the middle of the night or punching a shirt hung in mid air.

I have gotten hot brass on me more times than I can remember. Inside my elbows, stuck down my collar, on my crotch. At this point I will just shuffle my shoulders to clear shoulder brass and not even take my hands off my weapon.
>>
>>30504082
The guy obviously saw the bear, he is just such an old hardass he didn't give a shit because the bear wasn't a threat.

Master class in being alpha right there.
>>
>>30507522
kek he was scared shitless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDtidiQIDBQ
>>
This is some final destination shit.
>>
>>30507522
Nothing alpha about letting bears creep around your house. They'll try to fuck with anything with a strong scent looking for food. Enjoy trash getting strewn around your yard and your car's paint fucked up.
>>
File: 1453616298909.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1453616298909.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>30503524
You got stung by a fucking cazador.
>>
>>30504224
well, yeah, they give no fucks, should or shouldn't included.
>>
>>30504082
Number of fucks given: 0
>>
>>30507589
If he is home and the bear tries this shit he will just go out and punch the bear to the ground.

When you are truly alpha you transcend petty shit like a bear.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (47KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
47KB, 615x410px
>>30504227
the people from cali that post on this forum are not the enemy.

>yet u faggots shit on /kommandos behind enemy lines.

divided we fall faggot.
>>
>>30507797
Just for (you)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w3Lm_gu-ZY
>>
File: 1467496975947.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1467496975947.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
>>30503524
Got stung by tarantula hawk when I was 5. Flew right into my cheek.

Still fucking scarred and yet I fear no bee or hornet alive.
>>
>>30508006
>fear no bee or hornet alive
What about scorpions?
>>
File: 1461344504707.png (522KB, 634x479px) Image search: [Google]
1461344504707.png
522KB, 634x479px
>>30508018
Nah. I'm arachnophobic. But really that's just monkey brain terror.
Nothing can compare to the pain of that day. Imagine an electric wire injected into your blood that just sets your nerves aflame.
I screamed until I lost my voice.
My poor parents, I couldn't even tell them what happened for an hour or more. Just screaming and gibbering as a child. Gosh I really remember it vividly. Thing landed on me after it struck me and I tried to shake my head and struck it off, that's when it stung.
Like setting your CNS on fire.
>>
>>30508123
Crazy only platypus have venom that react on pain receptors. Who has got one of those stories?
>>
>>30504082
>Black bear
It's nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 325x202px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 325x202px
>>30503877
Ive had molten metal run down my sleeve and down my shirt from cutting with a torch.
That guy at the range must be a special kind of stupid.

But this wasp guy is my hero. If a two in wasp landed on me id probably try to shoot it no matter where it landed.
>>
>>30507522
he ran screaming back to his door because it was walking around, he's a total pussy

it's a black bear, they're such wimps that they get TREED by fuckin' house-cats. Black bears are the france of the animal kingdom. If he was actually alpha the little black bear would've been running away from him. They've evolved for aeons to run and hide from brown bears, run and hide from sabretooth cats, run and hide from wolf packs, run and hide from mountain lions, run and hide from a 10 pound wolverine, run and hide from all the giant north american fauna.
The one and only time scaring away a black bear won't work is a momma bear protecting babies. Any black bear not in baby-guarding mode is going into the nearest tree the second something big lunges towards it.
>>
>>30508123
>that pic though
HOOLEEEEE FUCK THAT
>>
>>30502894
>>After finishing homeschooling with his mother, his parents hoped he would follow his older siblings to college.
>>Homeschooling
Is this one of those prepper families? There isn't public education in Florida?
>>
>>30502894
There is so much fucking stupid in this thread.

A shell casing went down his shirt and he instinctively went for it, causing him to accidentally shoot the gun which ricocheted back and killed the kid. All you dipshits acting like he's swinging the gun around digging in his shirt are retarded. It probably happened in less than a second.

This is the type of thing you do when you have poor training and something unanticipated happens. You either freeze up or you do whatever is most natural (dig out the hot metal from your back). The correct and non instinctive reaction is to make the gun safe and address the issue.

I've seen multiple people do similar things (get hit by a piece of lead bouncing back off a target and drop the gun, get scope bite and throw the gun away from them, have an issue with the gun and not maintain muzzle discipline, etc). I read a while ago about a guy who shot and killed his kid because he leaned over, his gun fell out of his jacket pocket, he tried to catch it and pulled the trigger. All these things can happen in less than a second and more importantly, without a conscious decision to do it.

It sucks it happened. What can prevent/mitigate this is being in the right mindset. If you treat the range as a fun activity to fuck off with then this shit happens. If you are fully focused on what you are doing and on the dangerous nature of it then you pay attention. If you were in a gun fight for your life would you go crazy about hot brass in your shirt? No, you'd keep doing what needs to be done. Same thing should have happened here.
>>
>>30508974
?
Do you not live in America? You can't send your kids to public school in nig/spic filled states
>>
>>30503405

yeah but unlike shooting, driving is pretty much a required activity.
>>
>>30509098
>I read a while ago about a guy who shot and killed his kid because he leaned over, his gun fell out of his jacket pocket, he tried to catch it and pulled the trigger.
except that's just stupid if he had a round chambered and the safety off while it was in his jacket
>>
>>30509115
One the concept of accidents happening that are reliant on your's and someone else's competence is the intention of the metaphors and two, driving is not required. Take the bus or train, accidents are way less likely to happen on them and apparently you structure your life around what is the lowest risk.
>>
>>30503524
1/4 inch stinger, 2nd most painful in the world lol
Ignore spider posters
>>
>>30503524
They get drunk though
>>
>>30503524
Jesus fucking Christ. I'd probably just drop the gun but good on you I guess.
>>
>>30509106
In any state anon. If you send your kids to public school anymore you are a fucking failure.
>>
>>30502993
Why are you here?
>>
>>30509354
Any sort of white area, its still fine to use public schools.
aka all the places white democrats live
>>
>>30502894
>Military reserves
>firing blanks in the prone in a line
>machine gunner starts firing from the kneeling for some reason
>blank goes down the back of my shirt and sits on my back
>drop weapon and hop up like a retard dancing about
>get yelled at by the machine gunner
>tell him to fuck off and watch his brass

1) drop the weapon
2) i was still retarded for hopping up, but it was the first time i had been assaulted by hot brass
>>
>>30509106
I actually don't live in America and have always wondered how this homeschooling thing turns out. Like, how many of the homeschooling kids reach university?
>>
>>30509381
Already stated it. I like guns, but if I kill my kid with one, next thing I do will probably be turning the gun on me, which idk how this idiot didn't do immediately
>>
>>30502993
>it can happen in a second and there is no turning back
Keeping this in mind would probably make you a pretty good gun owner. Just saying.
>>
>>30509098
>If you treat the range as a fun activity to fuck off with then this shit happen
This. I've never understood this "let's shoot shit for fun" mindset. Regardless of the fun you're having shooting, it's a potentially lethal activity and it should be treated seriously
>>
>>30509432
My cousins got homeschooled 2 for their entire primary and secondary ed. 1 for his primary (pre highschool). The first two are in college at the state university. The third is now in private highschool. They are all a little socially odd (will pick nose mid conversation with you) but overall they are fine. And I see that they are getting better the more that they are out in the world. But overall I say homeschool did them fine.
>>
>>30504082

>tactical espionage action
>>
>>30502894
Florida Man strikes again!
>>
>>30509432
A lot. I think it has better numbers then public school
>>
>>30509451
so you're too stupid and irresponsible to own a gun? noted. now ill ask again: what are you doing here?
>>
>>30509684
I like guns, for reasons I've already stated I'll never have one. Then something like this happens and usually I look for threads about it, to read guys like you trying to rationalize the incident
>>
>>30503401
Everything in between is the gooch.
>>
>>30509776
evert stop to think that only a complete retard and darwin award canidate can ever let something like this happen? if you're scared this type of thing can happen to you then you're really really dumb. like, really.
>>
>>30509776
you can't rationalize this. even for Florida, you have to be a special kind of idiot to accidentally turn around at a range and discharge your weapon at your own kid.
>>
>>30502993

You'll never buy one because your afraid you'll kill someone because you're an idiot? You're right, don't buy a gun.
>>
>>30509407
Yeah, nah. Race has fuck all to do with it, poverty and the giant low class of breeders does. Youve got classrooms more than half filled with retarded meth babies that havent done anything but sit in a fucking baby swing watching spongebob eating easy mac and taquitos for 5 years straight going batshit crazy because their shitty addict parents have no boundaries and ignore them 24/7 if theyre lucky, or fuck them and beat them if theyre not.
>>
>>30510141
>only idiots have AD
Every gun owner is bound to have an accidental discharge. This time his son was on the way of the bullet
>>
>>30511500
source?
your ass you say?
>>
>>30511652
>>http://nyagv.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Accidental-Shootings-NYAGV.pdf

I know you will protest the source, so just skip the text and look at the bibliography at the bottom of the pdf
>>
>>30503524
fuck man, i would have swatted it down to the ground and unloaded 20 rounds of 308 on it
>>
>>30503401
To me it's more of the sweaty Mexican-perfumed taint of the U.S. The shriveled pathetic cock is California, the colon is Wisconsin, and the real asshole is Washington D.C. where all our biggest shits congregate. Every few years all the organs get together to decide which shit smells the least and gets to decide when we shit our collective pants.
>>
>>30502894
>fucking idiot does us all a favor and removes his genes from humanity
>>
>>30511500
Hah. Your fucking stupid. Fuck off hillary shill
>>
>>30511500
That's why there are rules like never point your gun at something you don't want to kill. Accidental discharge is something that can potentially happen to anyone (though there are definitely measures you can take to reduce the chance), but ideally you should make sure to avoid situations where an accidental discharge can injure or kill someone.
>>
File: cletus-spuckler.png (67KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
cletus-spuckler.png
67KB, 187x400px
>>30512555
Why did I read this in his voice?
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.