[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Private sales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: armslist-logo.png (69KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
armslist-logo.png
69KB, 300x225px
Anyone do a private sale? stories? notes of caution? I'm going to go sell a gat tomorrow, and they agreed to meet in front of a police station, but before that they wanted to meet at a ghetto fast food place. thoughts?
>>
>>30474484

Fuck off, ATF.
>>
>>30474484
Yeah, just say to meet outside the station, there's no reason to waste gas on that shit.
>>
>>30474520
that's what I mean, PD parking lot.
>>
>>30474484
If you're selling, I highly recommend having you both fill out a bill of sale. If you're purchasing it's not super important. If you don't do one up if you're selling though, you're just retarded.
>>
>>30474484
Meeting at two places? Like you gotta take the nigger on a date first?

Police station only or sounds like it might be a trick. Telling you police station so it sounds like he's law biding, but instead rob you at fast food place.

I wouldn't fucking do that.
>>
>>30474609
no...i asked that the meeting place be changed to the PD, because I hadn't done this before, and they agreed. we're scrapping the meeting at the fast food place.
>>
>>30474642
So what is the problem? If they're ok with meeting there, it's highly unlikely that your buyer is a criminal.

They may, however, be an ATF agent doing a sting, because they probably do that sort of thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 736x839px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 736x839px
>>30474484
>police station
What a faggot
>>
>>30474657
no problem, just fishing for advice and experience...never sold to anywhere but a LGS, gun show vendor or pawn shop.
>>
>>30474743
As a freedom-loving Canuck whose "friend" may or may not want to go to the States to buy some stuff our government prohibits us from owning here, I'd ask that you kindly refrain from demanding to see the guy's ID, provided he looks presentable and isn't a scumbag criminal type. After all, there is no legal requirement to do so.
>>
>>30474484
Don't without paper trail. Otherwise years later you will have a tweaker pull one of your own on you. Strip it from him, realize it is yours and can't shoot him with it and legal mess trying to prove all of this.
>>
>>30474484

Don't sell to sand people.
>>
>>30474484
Yep.

1. Bought CZ-52 offa Gunbroker. Missed the guys other bid on the holster and accessories and asked about another set, he didnt have any but threw in the cleaning rod he had extra. Money order through Western union, picked up at LGS.
Arrived and claimed fine without any issue, it had a very faint and small Double rollmark for the importer (Century) which made the wait and paperwork a little longer so they could get their records in order, but all good. Use it as my CC.

2. Gunbroker again, looking for Original mags because new manufactured ones a shit for the 52 and cant find the Originals in stock anywhere. (folower too small, doesnt engage Slide stop. Feeds just fine however.)
Find a european seller, pair of mags, original. Miss labled as 9 round mags, but bought them, came VERY fast with no issues right to my door. Works just fine with no issues.
>>
>>30474911

>911
>>
File: adam-smith.jpg (546KB, 2905x1937px) Image search: [Google]
adam-smith.jpg
546KB, 2905x1937px
>>30474484

It's like selling anything else online, really. Agree to terms and be willing to completely walk away if they renege on you. Don't debate with them and definitely don't settle. Just walk away.

>when you agree on $500 but they only bring $450
>>
>>30474484
One time I sold a red dot sight to a guy from a facebook group. We met at dunkin donuts and as I was opening the bag he stops me and says, hey let's walk to the car. I'm like alright, and follow him. Once we exit he slips me the wad of cash. I count it, say okay, and he takes the bag and leaves. It felt like a drug deal. Mexicans in Chicago are very odd...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>30474484
This was about a year ago
Azfag here
>taking shit looking at armslist before work for shits and giggles
>look at cheep shit
>find some guy in tucson selling negant revolver
>fuckyeahslavshit.jpeg
>its $150 comes with cleaning rod and original holster
>only thing wrong with it is refurbished finish or what ever the fuck
>make contact
>agree to meet in a busy intersection in the east side infront of a home depo
>first private sale so kinda nervous
>store some change in sock incase i get robbed and have to call a taxi or police
>realize i have no self defence not even a knife
>find an old cd in the back of my car break it in half and hide it in my pocket
>no one to come with me so i tell my roomate if i dont text or call back in 2 hours to call the police and told him where i was going at what time
>meet up with the seller
>old fudd kinda guy
"Step into my office anon"
>ushering me into his car
>i sit in his car hoping i dont get raped or some shit
>i leave the door open just in case
>he asks me to close the door so no one sees the revolver
>close the door but with one leg hanging out incase shit gets harry
>we shake hands and i show him my state ID
>He gives me a breif history lesson on the firearm
>see his hands shaking and notice hes as nervous as i am and relax then see him later on relax
>tell him i will treat it like gold and thanked him for selling me such a precious item
>counted and recounted the money to him
>shook hands
>put it in the back of car
>he sees me do this and suggest i put it in the truck cause of ccw laws and blah blah
>agree to do that for him
but i thought you dont need a ccw in AZ and it just needs to be out of reach
>he says he just wants me to avoid any hassling from police if they see it
>say ok and do it anyway to avoid issues with fudd lore arguments
>drive home thinking wether or not it was used in a murder or was just a fudd
>still have not ran it through a data base
>sure as hell ran 300 rounds through it though and
>>
>>30474566
>If you don't do one up if you're selling though, you're just retarded.

why?
>>
>>30475567
Cont...
>had no issues with it yet except the pin to hold the hammer in fell out and had to buy a new one
>>
>>30475567
Jesus, you are lucky you got just a a weirdo and not a boipussi hungry pred
>>
>>30474484

I've sold 6 or 7 guns and bought one through private sales. Usually meet in front of a gun or sporting goods store though I once met at a mall parking lot and a waffle house. Never had any problems with any of my sales, but the people I sold to all looked normal and not hood rats or psychos. There was one who made me a bit uneasy who drove one of those former police cars and had a pistol tucked into his waistband and was $20 short but I just told him just go to the ATM and get it and I'll wait, which he did and I sold the gun without incident.

The one gun I bought I almost backed out the sale because the dumb fudd I was buying from told me he shot +p .38 special out of an older revolver that the manual said should only be used with standard loads. But I had drove almost an hour to meet him and he said it was only one cylinder of +p he shot through it so I went ahead an bought it and the gun hasn't blown up on me yet.
>>
Some tips as a person who has done this dozens of times:
>meet in a semi public space with few women, such as a parking lot of a hardware store
>it's common to get into he other person's car or vice versa
>preferably be carrying a gun, or have a friend in the car with you
>know your state laws. you might need to make a bill of sale, maybe not, but still a good idea if selling even if not legally required
>no sales to or from out of staters - check their driver's license
>no sales to prohibited persons - if they go out of their way to tell you that they can't pass a background check, then it may be ATF trying to sting you
above all else, if you are a buyer:
>thoroughly inspect the gun you are buying! it's common for people to sell guns they have problems with or that have flaws. don't get stuck with someone else's lemon
>remember to haggle. people price their guns 5-15% higher than they expect to get for them at the end of the sale. the worst they can do is say no.
>>
Sold 2 and bought 1, I was really nervous about it until I realized that I was being a paranoid faggot because guns can't be tracked without a registry and the rural blacks in my area are too smart to kill a honkey over $100.

Florida panhandle FTW, get cucked Alabama. Fuck Georgia too.
>>
File: image.png (113KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
113KB, 273x200px
>>30475666
I like your spirit satan
>>
>>30475666
ROLL TIDE
O
L
L

T
I
D
E
>>
>>30474609
>/k/
>3rd grade or higher reading comprehension
Pick one.
>>
>>30475645
I really would not get in a fucking car, man. I mean, I get the whole relative privacy aspect but no.
>>
Of the probably 80 guns I have bought or sold privately, only one time have I dealt with a woman. Why is that?
>>
>>30475696
There are people who never leave their house because the outside world is too scary.
>>
>>30475702

Because they are scared, duh.
>>
>>30475708
I've bought guns and the exchange was near an open trunk or inbetween the cars. Is it just a local quirk to get in a car or something?
>>
>>30475570
Because if the nignog he sold it to goes and shoots Tyrone for dissing him in front of his homeboys, he needs proof that he is no-longer the owner of the gun.
>>
>>30475871
Why would that matter? Do you even understand how police investigate crimes? They're not going to drop a bunch of evidence, witnesses, and their prime suspect just because the suspect's gun traced back to you.
>>
>>30475883
They won't drop them, but they will make your life hell because as far as they know, you gave him the gun.
>>
>>30475891
Source: your anus
>>
>>30474484
Check your local laws or call the pd asking if it's okay to have a private sale of a firearm in their parking lot.

I've purchased a few off armslist and lfb groups before they got banned. Proper posture and etiquette will make the sale go smoother for both of you.

>be last year.
>want ak.
>mostly wasrs and century shit, find a guy selling a SLR for $800.
>email the guy and ask him if he'll take $700.
>"It's nib and I really need the money, I'll let you know by the end of today if I'll take your offer."
>3 hours later I get the "I'll do it" email, arrange to meet him later that day.
>meet up in a Frisches parking lot near a local hospital.
>Talk to him, look at the rifle and part with dollar.
>turns out his wife was in the hospital down the road, their baby was like a month premature and needed money to offset bills.
>offered to give him the extra hundo, but he declined.
>asked I wanted wanted to meet the wife, felt kinda bad so I did.
>Happy young family, baby was small but slated to make it and live a long happy life.
>Guy will have to live out his days knowing he traded bullet dispenser for poop dispenser.
>>
I've done about... Five now? They have all been extremely pleasant experiences.

First was for a XD9 subcompact with a bunch of extras. Met with the guy, even though he was about an hour late (there was a shit load of traffic and I had nowhere to be,) the guy was nice, and I even kicked in an extra ten bucks 'cause he had to drive out to meet.

Bought a Kel-Tec P11 from an old-ass fudd with hair growing out of his ears. He kept me talking for about an hour about random bullshit until his wife called him home. I think he was just lonely. A little bit paranoid and racist, but overall a nice guy.

Met up with a guy outside of a police station nearby at around 1 AM to buy an AR. Probably the sketchiest, but oh well. A skinny white guy and his Asian friend showed up. Pretty sure they were /k/ommandos.

Sold said AR to another guy after I realized it was a midlength gas system and not carbine. Said he knew nothing about ARs, so I walked him through it, talking about the gas system, dust cover, brass deflector, and forward assist. Taught him how to do a functions check.

Earlier tonight bought a Ruger from a couple who lived fuck far away from my house. Kinda regretting it since I'd like to make my own AR, so I might sell this one, too.

The people are usually nice. Take normal precautions. CC if you're authorized to (and even if you're not.) Overall, 8/10, would recommend.
>>
>>30475956
>>asked I wanted wanted to meet the wife, felt kinda bad so I did.
Jesus dude...
>>
>>30475956
That's pretty sad, man. Hope everything turned out okay.
>>
File: mfms.jpg (40KB, 753x375px) Image search: [Google]
mfms.jpg
40KB, 753x375px
>>30475981
Christ I didn't need those feels this early in the morning anon
>>
>>30475891
>as far as they know, you gave him the gun.
How will they know this when there is no registry?
>>
>>30477504
Furthermore there's absolutely nothing illegal about giving someone a gun. This is some 13 year old who wanted to be part of the convo.
>>
>>30474484
Florida

I've bought 3 thru Private Transfer.
Springfield XD 9
See gun on FB while I'm at work
Message him.
We arrange to meet in a publix parking lot.
Pull up in my truck
we stand between our trucks make the deal and talk and go about our day.

Yugo SKS
See deal on FB
Arrange to meet at BBQ joint
Pull up he has it in the bed of his truck
Hands me a dank BBQ sandwich and drink
Hand him the cash
Leave with a smile

Stevens .22
Neighbor knocks on my door
Says his wife is prego and has to get rid of guns
Hands me a Stevens visual repeater .22
Says I'll sell it for $50
Try and stop myself from running while I get my wallet
Give him $40 and he says Thanks and leaves.
>>
>>30477860
>Furthermore there's absolutely nothing illegal about giving someone a gun.
There is if the recipient is a prohibited person - a felon or a drug-user, which almost all niggers are.
>>
>>30475956
If it was an heirloom gun maybe but an SLR isn't exactly granpappy's service revolver.
>>
>>30478138
I'm not required to do a background check and "he's black" doesn't hold up in court faggot.
>>
>>30474484

>be me
>see ad about lever-action 45-70
>pretty good price
>I message, we haggle a bit
>we meet at a neutral location
>I'm an off duty cop, not really worried about dindus robbing me instead of a sale
>cop car pulls up behind me
>what the fuck is this shit? did I break some obscure private-sale fuckery? I live in a free state
>chilling in the seat, hands on the wheel
>officer walks up to the car
>wait.. I know this fucker
>hey you buyin the-- whoa! hey what's up Deputy Anon!
>you buying the lever gun?
>yeah, that's me
>sweet! alright, sorry for coming in the patrol car, just going home.
>walk to the back of the cruiser
>he hands me the gun, knocks off $100 from the price

Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>30478138
There is no legal obligation to verify this. That's the "gun show loophole" that libs keep crying about.
>>
>>30475711

Pretty much this.

My ex sold some pampered chef bullshit and literally every transaction/drop off she asked me to come with her "just in case"

Like, fucking really? Is that lonely as fuck 46 year old housewife gonna shank your ass over overpriced cooking sheets?
>>
>>30474819
>After all, there is no legal requirement to do so.
I live in PA and check IDs because I don't want a new set of bracelets because I sold a "prohibited item" to a fucktard from NY or NJ. Also, one of the easier ways to figure out if you're dealing with someone you shouldn't be selling to.
>>
>>30477504
If you're wondering about the paper trail, manufacturers keep records of their serial numbers and the FFL they sell a firearm to. If necessary, the government will just issue subpoenas until they get a name from a 4473. Depending on the nature of the crime and the people involved, the name on the 4473 may be interviewed.
>>
>>30478219
>>30478330
You don't have to verify it with 100% certainty, but if he acts shifty or smells strongly of weed, then you have reasonable suspicion to think he's a prohibited person, and that's all you need.
>>
>>30478307
The other guy was a douche for not telling his buyer that he would be arriving in a cop car and in uniform, but
>>chilling in the seat, hands on the wheel
>>officer walks up to the car
you were a total bitch about it.
>>
>>30478423
I've always wondered about this - what about for used guns? How does the ATF trace a gun that was bought and sold through several FFLs and you bought it used from an FFL before selling it privately?
>>
>>30478480

>I was a bitch about it

Not really? What do you want me to do? Start shooting at a cop who I know and have jurisdictional overlap with?

The dude just got done working some OT, I don't think he initially planned to show up in uniform. Most cops don't just chill out in uniform when we don't have to.
>>
>list mosin on armslist
>ignore the low ballers
>find a mosin collector
>agree on price
>meet up in qfc parking lot mid day
>trade money for gun
>?????????
>>
>>30478503
I would have assume that he was the seller and gotten out of the car, shaken his hand, introduced myself, and proceeded to look at the gun. Not sat in the car like a criminal with my hands on the wheel. Sheesh.
>>
>>30478512
>qfc
Is that like Qatar Fried Chicken, where the drumsticks come on kebabs?
>>
>>30478523
quality food center. its a grocery store
>>
>>30475666
>666
Fuck yeah! 850 reporting in. so blessed to live in the Gunshine state
>>
>>30478370
Assuming you are selling a long gun, you will not receive any new bracelets because you have no legal obligation to check whether they're from out of state. The only thing you cannot do is KNOWINGLY sell a gun to an ineligible person.

>>30478423
> name on the 4473 may be interviewed
But since sales records are not required to be kept in private sales, that interviewee can simply say that he sold it to some guy whose name he no longer recalls. Reasonable doubt is created, and his part in the case ends there (assuming there isn't other evidence linking him to the sale).

>>30478468
You don't have to verify it at all. You are not a cop, so reasonable suspicion has nothing to do with you. Since it's a private sale, you can end the transaction for any reason you want. The point is that no matter how shifty he looks like, you are not obligated to check his ID.

If you're concerned about an undercover ATF doing a sting after he sprayed himself with skunk, don't be. That is likely entrapment since they sought you out, and in any case your sense of smell is a subjective thing and cannot land you in prison if it isn't sensitive enough.

I don't get why so many gun owners don't understand the law, it's not complicated.
>>
>>30478553
>giving legal advice on /k/
Thanks, but no thanks.
>>
File: dunning-kruger effect.png (101KB, 1198x686px) Image search: [Google]
dunning-kruger effect.png
101KB, 1198x686px
>>30478553
>>I don't get why so many gun owners don't understand the law
Probably because of pic related. Like you, they overestimate their knowledge of the subject and don't seek out actual experts to teach them how they are wrong, thereby failing to ever actually learn something substantial about gun laws.
>>
>>30478523
I would eat at QFC
>>
All these faggot bootlickers in this thread. Just fucking sell your gun and enjoy your money. You probably don't have to fill out a good goy form unless you live in a cucked state. What other people do with their property isn't your fucking problem. Most people that seem sketchy are just awkward fucks.
>>
>>30475871
No he doesn't you idiot. They have to prove that he fucking killed him. You don't arrest someone with no motive or means
>>
>>30478116
Hello newfriend
>>
Armslist sold out HARD. You have to go through a page of fucking ads just to get to the classifieds now
>>
>>30478535
Where you at man, marianna reporting in.

Got Panama City, Tallahasse, and Dothan all about 1 hour away, it's not bad.
>>
>>30478480
>>30478516
>thinks he may be in a potential weapons sting
>better make sudden moments
>>
>>30478563
>>30478588
Point me to either a law, or a legal precedent, that states you are obliged to determine whether or not the individual is prohibited from owning a firearm in a private sale.

>muh dunning-kruger
Has no relevance here. Post a counterargument or fuck off.
>>
>>30474968
Whoa whoa whoa, youre using a cz-52 as your cc?
The damn bullet is gonna fly through your attacker, the person behind him, the McDonald's behind HIM and a quarter pounder with cheese before it finally comes to a stop.
>>
>>30474911
Fuck you I'm a law abiding citizen and I deserve rights too
>>
>>30474484
meet at one place only. thats all
>>
>>30475628
People believe that happens still?
>>
I've bought and sold at least 15 firearms through private sales. It's been easy most times. I have had three bad experiences. One was just the buyer didn't show up. Two was a guy who agreed to meet me. He made me get in his car and then tried to haggle on the price, so I left that shirt deal. Three was as a buyer, I agreed to a meet, and later in the day the guy sold the gun to someone else as I was on my way to his place. That guy is really lucky I didn't fuck his shit up because he did give me his actual address.

When you agree to meet you agree on a price. I can understand someone walking away due to the seller misrepresenting the condition of the gun, but if you back out without a good reason or try to haggle at the meeting you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>30479025
http://www.wafb.com/story/28761189/craigslist-killers-86-murders-linked-to-popular-classifieds-website
>>
>>30479183
>try to haggle at the meeting you can go fuck yourself
Truth. This applies to buying anything, too. If the seller says the price is firm, then the price is fucking firm. I hate people who show up knowing the price, and then get upset that I won't go lower and walk away. What was the point of wasting everyone's time?
>>
OP here. sale went through by the PD, got the asking price, did bill of sale, and exchanged ID. everyone walked away happy. Maybe i'll do this again next time I need to get rid of one of my gats. Thanks for the advice guys!
>>
>>30478751
You can turn off confirmed vendors in your search and cut through the bull shit to private sellers only

>>30478782
Tallahassee.
I go shooting at the wakulla sheriff's range.
>>
>>30479894
Not talking about that. You have to get through a page of ads just to get to the list of states
>>
>>30478791
>make sudden moments
You're a smart one, huh?
>>
>>30478803
The burden of proof is on you, bro.
>>
>>30479013
>reading comprehension: the post
You get a gold star :^)
>>
>>30480514
That's not how burden of proof works, friendo. You're saying a law exists, so show it to us.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.