[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hostage crisis in Dhaka, Bangladesh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 20

File: dhaka_terror_1.jpg (116KB, 1092x728px) Image search: [Google]
dhaka_terror_1.jpg
116KB, 1092x728px
>Armed terrorists have been holding as many as 20 hostages at a cafe in a diplomatic zone of Bangladesh's capital in an hours long standoff that continued after the sun rose Saturday.

-CNN link:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/01/asia/bangladesh-dhaka-shooting/

live feed:
http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnni
>>
>>30472096
What are they armed with?
>>
>>30472391
ive heard reports of guns and bombs. most liley rifles which means we'll hear them be called AR 15s
also the cheif of security or whatever they call it is KIA
>>
File: 1466642566282.png (953KB, 620x647px) Image search: [Google]
1466642566282.png
953KB, 620x647px
>>30472096
>the cafe and bar I would frequent when visiting Mumbai was attacked after leaving in 08
>my friends wanted me to visit Dhaka this summer or fall
mfw
>>
>>30472096
Damn son
>>
Anyone know what the camo pattern on the armoured vehicle is called? I paint scale models as a hobby and i'd really like to get more reference pics of that camo pattern.
>>
>>30472096
Are those ragtag, flipflop wearing shitstains their anti-terrorist unit?

kek
>>
>>30473684

That BTR is wearing a tinfoil hat
>>
>>30473684
Well they would've bought shoes but they spent the entire budget teaching them to not shit in the streets.
>>
>>30472096
red or black?
>>
>>30472391
CNN is saying AK-22s? They're intoning it like its a model but I think they mean .22lr made to look scary.
>>
>>30472391
not enough dhaka, whatever it is
>>
>>30473605
i believe the pattern is called "3rd world krylon touch"
>>
>>
Just airdrop a SPETSNAZ unit and 30 bodybags and be done with it.
>>
Perhaps they were not prepared to operate
>>
>>
>>
>>30476336

It's over. There was a shootout. Thirteen hostages were rescued. Twenty hostages have died, most from 'sharp weapons' and not gunshots, per authorities
>>
>>
>>30476350
So they would have lived, if only the lads would have binned those knives.
>>
>>
>>30476355
>>
>>
>>
>>30476350
>most from 'sharp weapons' and not gunshots

So likely hostage executions rather than anything related to the initial capture or final rescue?

I still don't understand why security forces don't adopt Spetsnaz tactics for any of these IS-style hostage situations, the body count only rises the longer they wait.
>>
>>
>>30473605
>>
>>30476371

US and European police can respond to this just fine, especially metro police depts. Counter-terrorism units don't even come into play anymore since nowadays seconds count.
>>
>>30476371
20 hostages were killed. They waited hours.

Why does every hostage rescue team do this? I understand they want to establish a perimeter, attempt contact with suspects, get blue prints, etc. but to take hours and hours and hours and hours?

My understanding they (don't know who) tried some rescue attempts earlier but it resorted in their officers being killed.

Looks like they'd act more quickly than they did.
>>
>>30476412
That country has an antigun culture that went way too far. They are proud that there are no shooting ranges for their police to practice.
>>
>>30473684
No, it's the local police keeping onlookers away.
>>
File: 1460531934495.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1460531934495.gif
2MB, 659x609px
Who's ready for US candidates shifting gears on how to deal with terrorism?
>>
>>30472391
the religion of peace
>>
>>30472391
A gun that kills people.

Probably something small caliber. AR-15 imitations most likely.
>>
>>30473605
Anon to be honest, we here in third world countries kinda just make those camo's up.
>>
>>30476360
Are those biker helmets? Shit.
>>
Do we have any footage of the knife victims and them bleeding the fuck out on the floor?
>>
>>30477609
Lets add some color to this boring fucking thread
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b4c_1467468233

>According to an army spokesman, the attackers killed 20 civilians, most of them Italian or Japanese. The victims were mostly hacked to death with sharp weapons
>>
>>30476369
Look at these guys rocking SKSs.
>>
All the hostages died by hacking with blades.

Included some Italians, some Japanese and some Americans.

Wonder what that sounded like, them screaming in all different languages. So harmonious. I hope we get footage that is better than 480p.

Pic related got fucking rocked.
>>
File: Pulse night club.jpg (78KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Pulse night club.jpg
78KB, 1200x630px
>>30476412
>20 hostages were killed. They waited hours.
>Why does every hostage rescue team do this?

The same thing happens here in the West; the cops waited _three hours_ before storming the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, even though it was just one guy hold up inside.

The police have no duty to protect individuals.

Most the victims bled to death on the dance floor during that time, after the State rendered them defenseless by banning concealed handguns in bars...
>>
>>30480306
>rendered them defenseless
That demographic was already extremely anti-gun and thus rendered themselves defenseless.

Same applies to the dead foreigners in Bangladesh. ISIS can easily attack a place like Bangladesh. The foreigners there for diplomatic, military, or NGO reasons, are easy to spot and easy to make a political point about. And the foreigners there are more likely than not anti-gunners who think its everyone else's job to provide security for them.
>>
>>30480306
>hold up
The term is, "holed up."

Now you know. Pass it on.
>>
>>30480398
>HOL UP
>>
>>30480427
SO YOOOOOUUUUU TRYIN TO TELL MEEEE
>>
>>30480436
smacks lips
>DAT WE SUM KINNA
praises Jesus
>SUICIDE SQUAD?
>>
>>30480306

Senpai that's not what happened
>>
>>30477646
Edge
>>
>>30480885
No, that's exactly what happened.
>>
>I am a bangladeshi & I live in Dhaka.since last night,the situation has been horrible.as a country,we fought very hard to keep our country secular.but for the last 2 yrs,the situation has been changing rapidly.Sheikh Hasina has crushed any political opposition in our country.to consolidate her power,she has tried to seek support from our conservative factions,which is bnp’s territory.in addition to religious minorities,secular writers,lgbt activists,the terrorists have killed a antiterror police officer’s wife.this situation is 100% our government’s fault.most of these terrorists are homegrown.they have been radicalized locally.but our government has basically shut their eyes all this time

What did he mean by this? All I know about Bangladesh is random factories collapsing.
>>
>>30480899

They entered within minutes of shots being fired and isolated the shooter to the bathrooms. He holed up there with hostages and the majority of the club was secured and victims were immediately evacuated
>>
>>30480928

Left-leaning Bengali blaming her country's government. Governments get blamed whenever anything bad happens, ever, last time I checked
>>
>>30480958
What Islamist groups operate there?
>>
>>30480972

Mostly locals, I gather. Whether AQ or IS has made inroads is yet to be seen. That's in fact what everyone is wondering
>>
>>30480928
Commies getting mad because Muslims want a country that isnt run by foreign ideologies.
>>
>>30476342
>>
>>30483598
>how can she film
>>
>>30481323
>Islam
>not foreign ideology
>Ihopethat'sthejoke.jpg
>>
>>30477646
>>30479341
>Japanese
Manga when?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.