[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're a hedge fund in charge of seizing Naval ships & such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ara-libertad.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ara-libertad.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
Basically an armed bill-collector, grabbing military assets from delinquent nations till they pay what they owe you. You accomplish this by hunting them down and doing surprise seizures.

What weapons and gear do you use in your repo-men operations?
>>
Isn't that the coast guard?
>>
Does it matter what specific asset? Because I'm pretty sure I could come up with a way to board and capture an attack submarine fairly cheaply.
>>
>>30457938

The thread is inspired by Elliott Capital Management's seizure of an Argentinian Naval ship back in 2012, over a debt more than a decade old.

An actual hedge fund seized a military vessel.
>>
Military vehicles are tax funded and controlled by elected representatives.

They don't get repoed.
>>
>>30458261

It has happened before.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hedge-fund-elliott-capital-management-seizes-ara-libertad-ship-owned-by-argentina-2012-10
>>
>>30458236
That's an unarmed training ship though, is our discussion about that or are we talking about seizing actually important assets.
>>
>>30458290

Seizing armed assets for failure to pay debts.
>>
>>30455776
This lead to the opium wars in effect the british wanted the government debt paid to traders.
If you're big enough you could force a big enough government to invade on your behalf. I doubt it would happen in this day and age.
>>
>>30458318
Surfaced submarine is easily the easiest to subdue, highest value asset you could go after. You'd have to do surveillance and/or espionage to figure out their time table, but you after that you could nab it while it surface transits prior to diving.
>>
File: Repo-Men-Gallery-1.jpg (68KB, 558x372px) Image search: [Google]
Repo-Men-Gallery-1.jpg
68KB, 558x372px
>>30458328

Indulge me. Put aside all realism. If you had the legal authority to repo military vessels, what would you use to do it?
>>
>>30458387

Sounds like a good pay day for a repo man.
>>
>>30458416
If it's a third world country or a small millitary country such as argentina?
I'd a small amount of last generation VTOL gear - how the british did their back up. A freighter ship would be an inexpensive purchase converted to have a couple of helicopters and worst case a VTOL harrier or two just for fear factor you may not need to have a fight - they might surrender when you give the idle threat of sinking.
>>
>>30455776
Do you even know what a hedge fund is?
Pro tip: it's not a synonym for a collection agency.
>>
File: repo-men-jude-law.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
repo-men-jude-law.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>30458456

Yeah, but the thread mutated to something even more implausible and more fun.
>>
>>30458438
Your three major problems would be preventing emergency communications, actually getting inside the ship and then actually getting the ship to where you need it once the crew has been dealt with.

Your reward is a multi-billion dollar ship
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.