[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Common sense gun reform" you could live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 33

File: 1467033678922.jpg (40KB, 850x564px) Image search: [Google]
1467033678922.jpg
40KB, 850x564px
What are some "common sense gun reforms" you could live with?

I could live with a 10 round magazine restriction on rifles and pistols because then we'd live in a glorious utopia where we'd all have M1s and 1911s

Nah but in reality I could live with a 10 round mag cap because we'd still have the guns.

Also since we can't talk about the phrase that rhymes with fun patrol we can talk about "common sense gun reform"
>>
File: ST.jpg (45KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
ST.jpg
45KB, 595x335px
>>30430319
I want one hundred round magazines and full auto rifles with 40mm grenade launchers. That's my common sense gun reform.
>>
>>30430319
shut the fuck up with that 10 round shit. 30 rounds is standard capacity

I don't mind showing my carry license or going to a gun store to do an ffl transfer on private sales. Still think you should be able to give guns as gifts.
>>
get any nfa item and open the machine gun registry, but you have to have a ccl.
>>
>>30430319
SHALL. NOT. BE . INFRINGED.
>>
>>30430407
It's couple decades too late for that buddy.
>>
>>30430319
>Nah but in reality I could live with a 10 round mag cap because we'd still have the guns.

Cut off your penis. You've still got your balls right?

Kill yourself.
>>
File: o'brother.jpg (63KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
o'brother.jpg
63KB, 320x237px
>>30430319
I live in Michigan. I am a felon. I can't carry a gun because I got caught carrying a gun.

In this state, you cannot enjoy your civil rights unless you pay hundreds of dollars for a license.
>>
I believe explosives should be regulated, along with anything that requires more than one man to operate, all non hunting traps, anything that fires through a remote trigger, weapons that are disguised as other things and that's about it.

Everything else is fair, in my view. Others disagree, that's down to them.

>>30430407
You're past that point now. There is regulation and infringement, there always has been in some way. It's just a matter of limiting it.
>>
>>30430443
I'd rather have an AR-15 with a 10 round mag then no AR at all.

What I'm saying is that if the Democrats did another sit i, but this time demanding an "assault weapons" ban, the one thing I could deal with would be if the Republicans somehow managed to compromise with the Democrats by saying that they'd ban the sale of standard capacity magazines as long as we could keep our guns.

I wouldn't like it, but I could deal with it.

>but we all know that if the dems did a sit in demanding an assault weapons ban and threatened to not leave, then that's when the Republicans would walk out and refuse to work with the Democrats and not pass any democratic legislation in fear of back door legislation
>>
>>30430319
Any debate needs to start from the beginning. Repeal ALL gun control and then we can talk, otherwise, we already concealed and made a deal abd gave up some rights.
>>
>>30430407

Its already been infringed bruh. Shits fucked now
>>
>>30430319
Repeal the NFA, Hughes amendment, and the import ban on Russian guns. It makes sense, because the purpose of the Second Amendment is to be able to overthrow the government if necessary, and they've got a bit of an advantage right now.
>>
>>30430506

2rd amendment only applies to muskets :^)
>>
>>30430319
Finger off the trigger, muzzle in the direction of target, weapon on safe until ready to fire, weapon securely held in hands.
>>
>>30430319
disarm the police
they are near continuously in breech of fundamental safety and handling practices
and maintain a state of blamelessness and authorised incompetence
>>
>>30430340
This, sadly we will get a shit law in cuckropean countries, which fucks gun owners over big time.
>>
There is already an ocean of useless gun control that doesn't help anyone buy criminals.
>>
>>30430511
Categorically wrong. There were private warships and artillery units at the time.
>>
>>30430407
The infringing has already happened. So stop memeing like a retard and actually figure out how to hold onto what's left.
>>
>>30430319
thing is it never stops
cunts round here have a 7 round limit on semi auto centre fire like some how a lever action with the same capacity is fun and safe
so many mutilated sks that can no longer fit standard stripper clips
>>
>>30430319
remove Tyrone and Jose

Only solution we need
>>
>>30430319
The Second Amendment says "shall not be infringed". Therefore, common sense dictates that any law restricting this right is infringement and unconstitutional. Therefore, common sense gun reform is to repeal every single weapons related law.
>>
File: tumblr_o78zjbuaz71urniueo1_400.gif (53KB, 371x185px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o78zjbuaz71urniueo1_400.gif
53KB, 371x185px
>Like the 10th "greetings fellow gun owners what rights would you be willing to bargain away" thread this week
Saged and reported, faggot.
>>
File: THANKSOBAMA.jpg (381KB, 1302x678px) Image search: [Google]
THANKSOBAMA.jpg
381KB, 1302x678px
>What are some "common sense gun reforms" you could live with?

Reform the NFA so that it no longer exists. Full autos are treated the same as semi autos. Suppressors require no background checks. SBRs and SBS are treated like normal guns.

Once per year background checks to buy firearms, get a firearm purchasing permit so that you don't have to fill out a form every time you buy. This is optional.

A law is passed that bans further attempts to ban weapons, magazines, ammo, accessories, features.

Imports of firearms permitted from all countries.

Much easier to get an FFL.

"Armor Piercing" ammunition not banned or restricted in any way.

Guns (Open or concealed carry) cannot be banned from Government or publicly owned buildings/facilities/properties. Open carry and concealed carry of any rifle/pistol allowed in state/national parks, offices, etc.

Obama impeached.
Clinton in prison.
Trump dumped.
Libertarians elected.
>>
>>30430539
The puckle gun also existed at the time, meaning that repeating firearms were known about for around 50 years when the 2nd amendment was passed
>>
>>30430608
>A law is passed that bans further attempts to ban weapons, magazines, ammo, accessories, features.
I would word it so the mere act of introducing a gun restriction bill bars the congressman or senator from setting foot in Washington DC ever again.
>>
>>30430608
>Libertarians elected
m8 it was going perfectly until the last two lines
>>
File: you.jpg (79KB, 522x168px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
79KB, 522x168px
>>30430678
>"Conspiracy to write gun control related literature"
>>
File: TrumpClinton.jpg (1MB, 3000x1941px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpClinton.jpg
1MB, 3000x1941px
>>30430709
Trump is anti gun, and supports the 1994 "Assault" weapons ban. He also supports "reasonable" (Read : Banning you shit) gun control.

Wake up.

Also fuck Gary Johnson.
>>
>>30430319
People like you and your offspring leaving the u.s. forever and never being allowed access for the rest of time. I could live with that.
>>
>>30430678

HB 420;

any lawmaker who introduces a bill that would restrict 2nd amendment rights must be removed from the instituition in which they introduced the bill and have any armed security they may employ, shall be relieved of their duty. The lawmaker is then suspended for 30 days from duty.

A second attempt to infringe on the the 2nd amendment shall see the lawmaker face impeachment.
>>
>>30430492
That's like negotiating with terrorists. You give an inch and they take a mile. Sounds like you haven't been alive long enough to remember all the shit with gun control that has been forced on us through the years with just a "compromise".
>>
>>30430608
You know the libertarians running are anti gun right?
>>
>>30430319
Repeal the NFA and give 50 state carry in exchange for all sales must go through FFL.
>>
>>30430753
wat?
>>
File: bill_weld.png (229KB, 478x495px) Image search: [Google]
bill_weld.png
229KB, 478x495px
>>30430762
>>
File: AustinPetersen.jpg (417KB, 662x875px) Image search: [Google]
AustinPetersen.jpg
417KB, 662x875px
>>30430753
Libertarians want married couple to be able to defend their marijuana fields with fully automatic rifles/pistols. Fuck off.

Bill Weld is a fucking shit face and I hate him, I have no idea why they picked him as VP. Gary Johnson is not a good pick either, but is worlds better than Trump or Killary.
>>
>>30430492
That's not a compromise, a compromise would be saying okay we agree to be limited to ten round mags, however now supressers don't require a tax stamp. Or we can import cheap slav shit again, or constitutional carry is now a thing.

A compromise is a give and take
>>
>>30430319
I'd register all my weapons in a national firearms database in a heartbeat if I could buy select-fire rifles at reasonable prices...
>>
>>30430511
First amendment only applies to newspapers, shouting in the time square, and which church you go to faggot
>>
>>30430319
I could live with OP dying a horrible, painful death.
>>
>>30430459
MI fag here. I paid $100 for the class and $100 for the application. And i'm in college. If you actually got a job and worked half a week you'd have it you lazy degenerate.
>>
>>30430511

>2rd
>>
Worst case scenario, even if killary gets elected, she'll never get anything passed though r-right?
>>
You need to be 18+ to purchase repeating arms.
>>
>>30430873

Probably not since congress would probably be majority republicans
>>
File: 1463693683333.jpg (359KB, 1200x1714px) Image search: [Google]
1463693683333.jpg
359KB, 1200x1714px
>>30430873
Its all over.

Rethuglicans can never win another election, especially with a nominee as splitting as Trump.

Our only hope is to gut the Republican Party and switch to the Libertarian Party. Libertarians are extremely pro-gun. By far the most pro gun party. Under a Libertarian Government, the NFA would disappear. You could buy full autos, suppressors, shorties, etc.

>hurr durr muh roads
Libertarianism =/= Anarchy.

>But muh d-degeneracy!
You don't need to like gay marriage, dude weed, etc to be a Libertarian. You just have to not infringe on those fags right to do what they want. You don't have to like it.
>>
>>30430904

So basically 18 to purchase handguns?
>>
>>30430319
>use all effort and money to punish criminals that are caught with guns
>convicted felon gets caught with a 9mm in his waste band, automatic 5-8 years in jail. No plea bargains
>mandatory FREE gun safety courses taught by LEO or NRA certified instructors
>make sure the timing is conviniant, do it every few months, only have to do it once
>if you do it more then once it should still be free but you get some kind of price. A free hostler, a gun cleaning kit, a free range day

generally focus more on teaching people about gun safety and punishing criminals then diving people with an us vs them attitude
>>
>>30430914
Anything magazine-fed really.
>>
>>30430909
Have you ever known what you are talking about in your entire life?
>>
>>30430909

I think in an ironic twist the nra would be against getting rid of restrictions onfull autos in particular because people own machine guns as investments, and they would lose alot of money if the restrictions were loosened.
>>
>>30430909
>Under a Libertarian Government,
Considering nobody takes the libertarians seriously and they will never hold any power, your whole post is basically roleplay.
>>
>>30430492
It doesn't work like that. A week after the Brady Bill was ratified and signed gungrabbers tried to pass a second Brady Bill that, among other things, necessitated an "arsenal license" if you wanted to own more than one gun or 1000+ rds of ammunition irrespective of caliber. If you give a mouse a cookie...
>>
>>30430319
I could live with a federal registration of rifles and carbines if suddenly all democrats and gun grabbers died en masse.
>>
>>30430319
How fucking hard is it for you faggots to understand 4 simple words in the Goddamn Bill of Rights?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Is reading that hard? Do you understand what those words mean? Tu hables ingles? It's pretty fucking simple.

Infringe = BAD

Not Infringe = OK

And everyone can shove this "compromise" shit right up their asses. If you give these people even an inch, they will take a mile. They will keep doing this, and it's because """"""""""Pro Gun"""""""""" people keep giving in.
>>
>>30430319
>SHALL
>NOT
>BE
>INFRINGED
>>
>>30430511
...and the militia only refers to able bodied males 17-45 years old meaning women who aren't members of the National Guard, the elderly and the crippled have no legal right to keep or bear arms.
>>
>>30430946

>dems introduce gun registration
>suddenly they all die in mysterious circumstances, totally unrelated to the bills they passed
>>
>>30430319
I could live with you killing yourself. No seriously. What is it with the flagrant shilling for gun control that the mods allow around here? Ban this user and purge this thread. The only gun control we will accept is total freedom and abolition of all gun control laws. A gun in every backpack and a machine gun in every school bus.
>>
>>30430967

Yeah well the constitution also said blacks were 5/3s of a person and women couldn't vote until 1954 and black people couldnt vote until 1986. Slavery, therfore the 2nth amendment applies to the national gaurd; after the war in the south stopped taxes on the British, and the right to bear arms only applies to the due process of WHITE MALES. Ban the 2th amendment to the declaration of the bill of rights, that was written by slave owning WHITE MALES, ban guns because the secession of the 13 colonies WAS ACTUALLY LEGAL under the rights of man by John Locke. You don't need a gun to hunt people therefore, WHITE MALES don't hunt ducks because the 2rd amendment literally only applies to hunting and fishing.

Fucking cis scum
>>
>>30431031
Letting women vote was the biggest mistake any western democracy ever made.
>>
File: AmericanSunday.webm (3MB, 490x266px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanSunday.webm
3MB, 490x266px
>>30430939
The NRA is not pro gun, ironically. It is held up by the media as this God of Gun Rights, when in fact, they helped write and sponsored the NFA.

Fuck the NRA.

>>30430937
Unless Killary gets indicted, she will be our next President. Mock my words all you want, this is fact, and the polls are already showing it.

>>30430941
It is unfortunate. Libertarians would make this country so great that it would be a bastion of economic and personal Liberty, while also enforcing personal responsibility.
>>
File: 1379736453822.gif (266KB, 478x369px)
1379736453822.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>30431031
>>
>>30430772
Agreed. Gun restrictions are never going away. It's a pure fantasy. But i wouldn't mind registering if I got something in return.
>>
>>30431031
>blacks were 5/3s of a person
no
but way things are going, maybe later
>>
>>30431087
But it won't ever happen so maybe focus on more attainable goals, yes?
>>
>>30431031
I can't tell if this is the legitimate ramblings of a crazy person or not. So good work, I guess.
>>
>>30430730
Gary Johnson chose an anti gun VP you shit. For all of the political awareness you imply about yourself fucking libertarians never seem to grasp this.
>>
File: 1459292617820.png (543KB, 735x743px) Image search: [Google]
1459292617820.png
543KB, 735x743px
>>30431103
Voting Republican is hardly a goal for me. It would be just as bad as voting Democrat.

Both are evil, and I cannot bring myself to vote for either.

Under the Electoral system, winner takes all, so my presence will be going to Trump anyway, regardless of why I vote for. The best I can do is increase the Libertarian Party percentages.
>>
>>30430319
>make gun owners attend monthly semonars on gun safety
>make pistols come with a safe
>educate the people on guns
>>
File: 1463495091258.jpg (89KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
1463495091258.jpg
89KB, 1000x665px
>>30431118
I guess you are incapable of reading the rest of my post, where it says "Fuck Gary Johnson", or my other post where it says "Bill Weld is a fucking shit face and I hate him, I have no idea why they picked him as VP. Gary Johnson is not a good pick either, but is worlds better than Trump or Killary."

For all the awareness of my political knowledge you imply you have, you sure can't grasp my posts.
>>
>>30431131
>make gun owners attend monthly semonars on gun safety
No.
>make pistols come with a safe
Effectively making them cost-prohibitive for many.
>educate the people on guns
Waste of tax dollars.
>>
>>30430319
I want a spooky armed with a Davy Crokett
>>
>>30430319
Only common sense there is about this "issue"

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>30430459
>carrying a gun
what? concealed? you should be OCing anyways
>>
File: 1455722564428.jpg (34KB, 331x498px) Image search: [Google]
1455722564428.jpg
34KB, 331x498px
>>30431031
So, what you're saying is, let me see if I've got this straight
>BECAUSE A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT WAS PASSED THAT SLAVERY IS UNIVERSALLY ILLEGAL

Well, gee, I guess if we held a con congress to ratify gun control as an amendment to the law of the land, I really couldn't complain, now could I?
>>
I would be OK with them banning extended magazines meaning no 30 round kriss mags in your glock 21 or 33 round mags in your glock 17 but 30 round ar/ak mags perfectly fine because they are standard capacity magazines.

But, I'd only be ok with that if suppressors, SBR, SBS and AOW's were completely legal no paperwork.
>>
>>30431161
Why not have a combat pistol course in every high school?
>>
>>30431295
Because school should be private and not government regulated or funded. If the school wants to make that class, fine.
>>
>>30430961
Exactly. Those wanting to compromise are fair weather pussies.
>>
>>30430319
SHALL NOT
>>
i'd be okay with all you cuckfags fucking off.
>>
>>30431087
I don't think it's fair that the shitters of the 1930s are polluting your opinion of the modern NRA. Times change, and slowly the NRA is too. They see that Americans are latching on to all guns for all reasons, and they understand they need to start covering those Americans if they want to keep gaining members, members who do in fact influence the whole organization.

But there are always shitters somewhere as seen with the Republican No Fly List legislation being supported by the NRA. Politics is a very complicated and convoluted game where the teams stand out as much as sugar and salt in a pile. People just need to make it clear what they support and how much what they support matters to them. This isn't an overnight battle, but it is bumpy as shit for us right now.
>>
I could live with universal background checks IF there is no registration to go with it
>>
File: Heston.jpg (14KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
Heston.jpg
14KB, 370x278px
>>30430319
>I could live with

Don't give them an inch or they will take a mile.

Would you be willing to give up some of your freedom of speech? Just the dangerous words, phrases that assault peoples feelings, maybe limit your sentences to so many words?

Firearms protect our other rights, that's why we have to live by the "cold dead hands" directive.
>>
File: 1385743099592.jpg (135KB, 537x599px) Image search: [Google]
1385743099592.jpg
135KB, 537x599px
>>30430319
None of it, go fuck yourself. I'm sick of you faggots fucking with the rights of humanity because of your feels or fears. This is not a battle over machines this is a battle over the meaning ,and protection of individual liberty. If the world is to scary for you fuck yourself to death with a cactus or get the fuck out of the US there are plenty of shit holes you can crawl up into, like your mother rancid vagina, where you can pretend to be safe.
>>
>>30431312
Fuck that. Education should not be a privilege of the rich
>>
>>30431493
I'd make the argument that you pay more for public school through property taxes than you would if the free market were allowed to step in, but you don't own any property.

People like you want to keep leaching off of the rich and then scream and bitch when they want to put their money elsewhere.
>>
There is no use in talking about "reasonable" gun control until there is some form of compromise. Until then libs can fuck off.
>>
>>30430319
Common sense gun reform I could live with in Canada,
removal of all non handguns from the restricted list
removal of all firearms from the prohibited list and transfer into the non-restricted list while .32 and .25 pistols can stay restricted for now

and in return nothing because fuck giving up things
>>
>>30431493
A service is never a right. It requires that some one else provide for you with no compensation. Also what world do you live in where you cannot become educated with out going to school? Can you pick up a book? Can you read? There are literally very few excuses for being ignorant of a subject you wish to study.
>>
>>30431493
It already is. In order to get an education even remotely worth having, you need to either be rich, or take out massive student loans.

Government run primary school (K-12) isnt even worth attending. Most kids would be better off staying at home and learning life skills from their parents after they get home from work.

The internet contains an endless wealth of knowledge as well.

Government run education is always a recipe for idiocracy.
>>
>>30430319
There is no such thing as common sense gun control.

Leftists want to be disallowed arms because when they imagine being armed, they imagine themselves committing crime, right wingers do not because they use them for defence and other lawful purposes.

I suppose I could live with universal background checks if the NFA registry and the FFL system were abolished, the background check hotline was opened to the general public, and the background check system was altered to prevent it's being used as a back door registry.

But mostly they can just fuck off and give me my rights back.
>>
>>30431493
The public education system ensures that it is.
>>
File: 1438924357133.gif (2MB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
1438924357133.gif
2MB, 500x227px
>>30430319
Citizenry is only allowed to buy and own weapons that are not outlawed by and for your respective government.
Outlaw weapons of mass destruction.
>>
>>30430435
>A couple decades
Try eight decades.
>>
File: 1446079243765.jpg (39KB, 359x358px) Image search: [Google]
1446079243765.jpg
39KB, 359x358px
>>30430678
holy shit, the new third rail
>>
>>30430319

I'm not even going to bother scrolling down to see if anyone started this.

SHALL
>>
>>30431724

FUCK
>>
>>30430319
I woukd be happy with enforcement of current gun laws so felons caught with them or trying to buythem actually went back to prison instead of catch and release.
>>
>>30431738
YOUR WIFE
>>
>>30431738

MY
>>
>>30431662
>that are not outlawed by and for your respective government
Surprise, government outlaws all weapons!
Also why outlaw WMD's when they're already beyond the reach of basically everyone?
>>
>>30430746
A boy can dream
>>
I could live with being restricted to 30 rounds.
Since we were already restricted to 30 rounds in my state for a while.

As long as we could get our ATF forms back in under a month, or remove SBS's, SBR's, DD's, and suppressors from the NFA.
>>
>>30430319
Universal backround checks, I actually support this because eh
An AWB (but not as restrictive as NY or Cali's, kinda like the national one we had like a decade ago) althought I would be against it I could live with it, as a less restrive one (two evil features req rather than one like NY SAFE).
Mag restrictions suck ass and are retarded but I can live with rifle ones.

I'm mainly concerned about pistols really.
>>
>>30431766

SHIT
>>
>>30431863
To clarify I think all pistols should require no lisense to own and CCW permits should all be shall issue with a speedy process for being issued with no or minimal restrictions on places allowed as long as the person isn't a criminal or crazy
>>
>>30431874

UP

senpai
>>
>Criminal background check
>Safety training and psychological evaluation to CCW
>Gun registry for each gun purchased

Essentially no restrictions in what I can own and do about the same paperwork to get a car and a driver's license.
>>
>>30431786
As your reading comprehension is lacking ill rephrase it:
>your government is forced to abide by the same law
No full autos? Well no full autos for you then either.
>>
>>30431907
There's no paperwork to buy a car. There is only paperwork to make a car legal to drive on public roads.

I don't have a driver's license. I can still buy a car and drive as fast as I want on my own land, and Obama can't do shit about it.
>>
>>30431947
So wait is a CCW permit like a drivers lisense then
Not him but I don't have much of a problem with making a CCW permit as hard to get as a driver's lisense, like you get a learning permit first then you take a test and get the full thing.
>>
>>30431947
Most dealers won't sell you one if you don't fill it out though, or if you don't have insurance. The dealer doesn't want to deal with that liability. And there is paperwork to change ownership, but that's expected with something as expensive as a car.
>close the used car loophole!
>>
>>30431863
How about you go fuck yourself?

>Universal background checks
No, I am not okay with a federal registry, which this is tantamount to.

>AWB
Seriously, go swallow a bottle of sleeping pills and blood thinners, follow that with a bottle of vodka, and then slit your wrists while you lay in a warm bathtub. Rifles are responsible for so few deaths that your chances of being struck by lightning are higher than being shot with muh skurry salt guns. Telling someone that their gun is scary because it has a bayonet lug or a shoulder thing that goes up is asinine.

>Mag restrictions
Uh, how about no. I live in Commiefornia and mag restrictions are fucking cancer. There is absolutely zero proof to indicate that magazine restrictions in any way restricts the ability of a mass shooter or criminal to simply reload and carry on. Or, you know, break the law and have those evil standard capacity magazines because they don't care about your bullshit laws.

Go fuck yourself with a cactus.
>>
>>30431650
How exactly
>>
>>30431975
Basically yeah.

And I'd agree, I don't have much of a problem with CCW licenses, assuming they're not prohibitively difficult to get.

To be clear, I'd prefer not needing a license, but the state should have the ability to decide that for themselves. I would argue against it, but ultimately it's their decision.
>>
>>30430551
Lol, what's left won't even be airsoft if that's your attitude, what is this, some kinda socialist movement , i see more andmore " i could live with ..." shit every day on /k/
>>
>>30430319

No. Not one inch is to be given to grabbers. Every compromise has not been honored by them and every time they act as though they did not create the status quo and that it is never good enough
>>
File: simps laugh.jpg (51KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
simps laugh.jpg
51KB, 500x386px
>>30431980
>No, I am not okay with a federal registry
>I live in Commiefornia

Oh yeah, you're a real tough guy aren't you King Cuck? If I go into your house, take your neutered guns and shit on your rug, will you give me your tax money as well?
>>
>>30432019
Castle doctrine's a thing in California, retard.
>>
>>30431947

Yeah but when you get a car you have a document proving the car is yours and you bought it.

Applying the same thing to gun purchases would end that annoying straw purchase and gun purchase arguments.

Sure it would have some extra paperwork if you sold a gun to someone else but just to change the gun's ownership from you to the buyer.
>>
>>30432019
>no one has never manufactured their own weapons out of 80% blanks
>Retard does not understand the difference between a state and federal registry
>I moved to Cuckifornia because I got a full ride scholarship, finished school, and now am leaving to head back to a free state

Yeah, you sure got me there bub.
>>
>>30431980
I'm not saying I support it I'm saying I can live with it. i frankly don't care too much about AWBs as long as they aren't as restrictive as NY or Cali's, I still am against it. I am not for mag restrictions I hate them I can live with them as long as they aren't for pistols. Read the fucking subject of the thread its """"common sense"""" shit you can live with not stuff that you support.
>>
>>30432049

> Straw and gun show purchase arguments.

Fuck I need to sleep.
>>
>>30432049
You only have that document because cars are so expensive. You don't need one if you're buying unregistered junkers. Likewise, since most guns are under $1000, you wouldn't really have any need for paperwork for them.
>>
Im fine with how 90% of the coubtry is right now.

No mag limit
No awb
Shall issue
No waiting time
Nfa allowed

Only think i wish was that silencers were off the NFA and mg registry was open.

My trade off.... The feds enforce the laws on the books already.
>>
>>30432060
But none of that shit is "common sense" and none of it should be fucking accepted, tolerated, or abided by.

You just going to hand in your objectionable weapons when the government asks you to? My family is Armenian, and they made that mistake once. I won't make the same egregious error that my ancestors made.
>>
>>30431454
>Would you be willing to give up some of your freedom of speech?

We already have. Hatespeech + bleeding heart liberals = anything that hurts my feelings is hatespeech and thus you go to jail
>>
>>30432095
Hate speech is legal in the US.
>>
>>30432053
>implying there's an appreciable difference between a federal and state registry

Oh so it's okay if I fuck your ass, I just have to do it gently. Thanks for the heads up, cuck.
>>
>>30432095
Clearly you aren't in the US. Hatespeech is protected speech. Even the US Supreme Court has protected it.

As long as you aren't
1. shouting "fire" in a movie theater (and there is no fire) or;
2. Inciting a crowd to grab guns from the police and murder people (and the crowd complies)

Then your speech is still protected speech. For now at least. Liberals would love to restrict speech that they don't like.
>>
File: 1252296272541.png (117KB, 445x550px) Image search: [Google]
1252296272541.png
117KB, 445x550px
>>30431985
Public education is absolutely terrible. Only the rich send their kids to a good private school, where they get a decent education.

College is another story. You must pay no matter what. Endless student debt, or be rich. Even then, you may not get a good education.

Government involvement in education has absolutely destroyed the quality of education.
>hurr, K-12 is free, so I can't complain about the quality.
Bullshit its not free. You pay for it every pay check. Every time you buy something. Every time you pay a tax, you are paying for K-12, even if you don't go and don't have kids who go.
>Hurr, college! I can just take out student loans!
And the college charges whatever the fuck they want because of this mindset, all the while introducing liberal totalitarian policy into the students at the government's aid.
>>
>>30432074

Honestly I wouldn't really mind getting transfer paperwork for private gun sales regardless of the cost.

For me is just an act of clear consciousness, besides with the transfer you can do the same background checks a gun shop can, so you can at least be sure you wouldn't be receiving a stolen gun or selling one to someone who isn't legally capable of owning a gun.
>>
File: 1465891657923.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465891657923.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>30430319
Don´t sell guns to brown people.
I´d expect a 90% drop in gun-related homicides
>>
>>30432106
>doesn't seem to comprehend the concept of building 80 percent weapons so that you do not have to be on a registry at all
>doesn't understand the difference between a state registry versus a federal registry in which you can leave a cuck state, go to a free one, and no longer worry about bullshit registry

So you're a retard, gotcha.
>>
File: bored.gif (393KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bored.gif
393KB, 500x375px
>>30430319
Won't really matter, I'll have to live with whatever Hillary comes up with thanks to delusional lolbertarians and neocons.
>>
>>30432083
I don't believe its common sense holy fuck do you understand the past 8 years of gun politics? No I would not hand in my fucking guns I said I could live with an AWB that isn't as restrictive as NY or Calis because idc about all the little fucking attachments and gun-Barbie accessories, I just want to have the gun.

I am mainly concerned about pistols, although I still care about rifles, because I am actually somewhat likely to use a pistol to defend myself at some point in my life. If there is some civil war over guns I'd just be interested in using the """scary""" black rifle to defend my home rather than go off on some expedition of ideology. If they come to establish a dictator ship and try to forcfully take guns from me I would likely defend myself and then flee with my family so U don't get my ass kicked by a dictatorship.
>>
Repeal of the NFA, passing of the hearing protection act and the public execution of Diane Feinstein.
>>
>>30432100
>>30432116

They're grilling Lenio right now for this because they're now claiming that hate speech is a threat, and threats are illegal.

The loopholes are real.
>>
>>30432140
If I wanted to debate with battered wives I'd go down to a local shelter. I don't have time for your mental gymnastics justifying hour 10 round magazines and bullet buttons. You can pretend to be tough, principled and empowered online, but bottom line is you're still living as a bitch to your state. I'm not even surprised you'll go as far as defending the policies, and take it as a point of pride that you can jump through hoops to get a mockery of what the country can easily obtain.
>>
>>30432174
>during a civil war I'll just defend my house
>If the pro-gun side loses the civil war, I'll fight the anti-gun dictatorship as an individual with my rifle when they come for it

Might be a little too late at that point, sport.

Also if you think a Clinton AWB would be less restrictive than Cuckifornia, you're in for a world of hurt. Stack the Supreme Court, wait for Democrats to take back control, have some treacherous Republicans in Congress during reelection in battleground states. Pass AWB without an expiration date, have it challenged in court, get to the Supreme Court, and have it "pass constitutional muster" when liberals 5-4 decide to wipe their collective asses with the Bill of Rights.
>>
The only gun control I would be acceptable would take some giving the other way.

First the permissive aspect. Everything that is available to our government short of CBRN weapons (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear) becomes available. No restrictions on aircraft, body armor, artillery, tanks, ships, explosives, full auto or non-CBRN ammunition (i.e. armor piercing). Anything nuclear powered (such as a submarine or aircraft carrier) would require licensing and be required to meet the standards already in place for reactors.
The restrictive. A thorough mental health evaluation that would take place upon being legally considered an adult. Any mental disorder that would be severe enough to prove a danger would be a disqualifier. Illegal drug use, felony conviction, allegiance to any foreign political entity or non-state actor violently involved in conflict and being within U.S. borders illegally would all be disqualifying.

Point of the 2nd Amendment is to serve as a check and balance, a means for the citizens to overturn our government - a reset button if you will. I would want our society to reflect that.
>>
>>30432266
Ah, so now we're playing the strawman game where you pretend that I have advocated for things that I haven't. Good job sport, you might have a future in the DNC.

And it should be a point of pride that people have been defeating liberals at their own game and acquiring unregistered, homebuilt weapons that the democrats cannot track and that make them shit bricks as a result. We learned invaluable skills in basic weapon manufacturing and assembly and can continue to pump out new lowers.

It certainly isn't ideal, but at least we're trying to fight the good fight. While you sit there cradling your Bushmaster piece of shit that you can't even field strip by yourself and while you scream for your mother to bring your chicken tendies.
>>
>>30432379
You just keep fucking putting words into my mouth. Im not going to fight it one man I'm going to defend myself at that moment then flee because I'm not a dumbass.

And I don't think a Clinton AWB would be less restrictive I fucking despise Hillarly Clinton
Just fuck off or learn how to read
>>
>>30432456
No, the point is that you just demonstrated that you're an idiot. Where are you going to flee after the government finished slaughtering most of the pro-gun people in the country? In a war which probably resulted in the government forces spending a lot of time in the surrounding countryside looking and fighting with rebels. You waited too long and now you're probably fucked because you willfully chose to stay at home and not fight.
>>
File: hothead.png (237KB, 600x679px) Image search: [Google]
hothead.png
237KB, 600x679px
>>30432445
>accuses others of strawmanning
>entire last sentence is strawmanning
Embarrassing. but I guess you're used to that, being a Californina '''''gun''''' owner after all.
>>
Ban on semi-auto rifles... but only on the condition they'd abolish public schools. Don't know why liberals try to abolish the symptoms instead of the problem and it's clear public schools are creating the mass shooting issue.
>>
>>30432456
>not going to fight the tyrannical government one man
>I'm going to defend myself and then flee
>Defend self
>AKA shoot at government forces and try to kill them so that I can get away
>AKA you just fought the government forces
>After the government forces won the civil war and wiped out the majority of the rebellion
>Therefore after you defend yourself from the government, they'll be looking for you
>Since you chose this long to fight, you just fought the government effectively by yourself

Maybe instead of attacking other people's reading comprehension, you should think about what you wrote and the logical follow through of what you said. But hey, maybe a tyrannical government force would forgive you after you shot its agents who were attempting to confiscate your weapons. Maybe don't bet on it though.
>>
>>30432485
I'm not a fucking idiot, stop putting words into my mouth. If its obvious staying won't be safe I'll just get out of the fucking country before its too late
>>
>>30432518
>doesn't know the difference between a strawman and an ad hominem

Man, how is public education where you live? It's either really shit, or you are just incredibly dumb.
>>
>>30432518
Hey man, some of us just lament our circumstances and get outvoted every year.

And then buy a mag magnet.
>>
The only "common sense" gun law I support is a mandatory minimum. Rob a store with a gun 7 years minimum. Selling drugs with a gun on you, 7 years minimum. To bad Dems would never let this pass because it's mean to minorities)':
>>
>>30430319
Enforcement of the laws we have on the books, to start

Abolition of the gun free zone, national carry reciprocity, removal of suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs from NFA, and the reopening of the machine gun registry
>>
It's all a moot point anyways. Regulation IS coming, and there's little we can do to stop it. Best we can do is bargain for something we want in exchange.

The "shall not be infringed" folks are going to cost us more in the long run, fighting for some impossible goal.
>>
>>30430319
>Nah but in reality I could live with a 10 round mag cap because we'd still have the guns.
It doesn't mean it's common sense.

If you'd ask me I'd just want proper registration, background checks and some controls(say - psych check every few years) everything else be damned let the people have machineguns and artillery if they want and won't hurt anybody else with it(other than in self defence ofc).
>>
>>30432721
The problem with registration is that once some anti-gun politicians get into office, they know who to come after.

This happened in the UK and it happened in Australia. They go for registration, saying "oh its no big deal, you can keep your guns".
And then 5-10 years later they say "Civilians have no need for X, they're banned now. We know you have them too, you registered them. Turn them in or we're coming for them."
>>
>>30430319

Fuck off.
>>
>>30430319
Background checks. Literally nothing else.

If you can pass a background check, you can have a full auto belt-fed M249 and carry it openly if you want.
>>
>>30430730
I was.. am? a Bernie supporter. If he gives up and it's Clinton (I can't vote for her) or Trumpf (Not going to vote for him) who should I vote for? I have a friend who is say Gary Johnson but is there other people I should know about?
>>
>>30431506
If you want a nation of stupid people with no options, then sure.
>>
>>30431530
Nobody gets hired in my field without a formal education.
>>
>>30431562
The college system is not a government program. It's capitalism. Hence the loans
>>
File: FinnishFlag.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
FinnishFlag.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>30430530
Czechs, Germans, Austrians, Finns and even Cuckholding Swedes have already expressed the EU commission and parliament that they have no intention in converting the new directive into a actual national law. They are rather even willing to pay sanctions. It's feels weird to be a "socialist" who gets to have other taxpayers pay actual taxeuros for my right to own guns and 30rd magazines.
>>
>>30430319
Well, lessee here. Ok, it seems pretty commonsense to repeal the NFA and CGA68. That's about as commonsense gun reform as you're gonna get.

You should also specify that you're talking about firearms legislation, and not actually redesigning guns themselves. Kinda had my hopes up there, for a bit. I wanted to see some cool designs.
>>
>>30430511
Show me where it says that
>>
>>30430518

https://youtu.be/eNdI_CyiRZQ
Still can't beat the Colonel
>>
>>30430319
Go live in commiefornia you cuck.
>>
GIVE THEM NOT ONE INCH AND TAKE YOUR MANY MILES BACK.
>>
File: 2013_02_27_00.56.08.jpg (47KB, 484x880px) Image search: [Google]
2013_02_27_00.56.08.jpg
47KB, 484x880px
>>30430551
>>30430503
>>30430466
>>30430435
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>30431388
Both Republican bills required due process of law for rights to be taken away.
Sit down kid
>>
>>30430939
>>30431087
>>30431388
NFATCA a shit
>>
>>30432807
But the background check system doesn't work.
The people who shot up the Charleston Church (narcotics arrest) and the Gay Club (domestic abuse) should've been prevented from purchasing firearms, yet they still were able to.
>>
File: 1466627108634.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466627108634.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>30430319
>high capacity magazine ban
>assault weapons ban
>pistol ban
>gun registry
>mental evaluation for buying a gun
>mandatory storage for firearms

All of these are pretty common sense gun control measures given how widespread gun crime is in the US. After a few decades with these in place the US would be a much safer place to live in.

I can't wait for Hillary to be our next President. Getting two more liberal supreme court justices is going to guarantee these common sense gun laws get enacted.
>>
File: dasit.png (374KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
dasit.png
374KB, 414x499px
>>30433170
High capacity assault burger.
>>
File: 2nd Amendment.jpg (62KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
2nd Amendment.jpg
62KB, 640x427px
>>30430319

Self-defense and the right to keep & bear arms is a natural human right, thus all “gun control” regulations should be scrapped and all weapons should be freely available to American citizens, with the exception of WMDs (i.e. nuclear, biological, chemical and explosive weapons of mass destruction).
>>
The only thing I slightly agree with is the NICS check so you're not selling to someone who does not have the right to own a firearm. Other than that, fuck you.
>>
>>30430511
(You)
>>
File: 23524673.png (230KB, 368x416px) Image search: [Google]
23524673.png
230KB, 368x416px
>>30430678
>>30430746
>>
>>30433170
>>high capacity magazine ban
>>assault weapons ban
>>pistol ban
>>gun registry
>>mental evaluation for buying a gun
>>mandatory storage for firearms
California has all this and more but the fucking gun murder rate is 2 tenths worse that Texas.
>>
File: trump1.jpg (26KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
trump1.jpg
26KB, 600x402px
>>30430909
>Rethuglicans can never win another election, especially with a nominee as splitting as Trump.

Trump is only a problem for the Republican party apparatchiks, rank & file Reps (i.e. The People) like him and want him to win.

The Reps are cutting off their nose to spite their face, simply because Trump isn't a party "insider" and refuses to take his marching orders from lifetime Rep government bureaucrats and shekel-shufflers.

And while I hate to say this, having voted 3rd party myself ever since Bush II second term, in a close election like this one will be, voting Libertarian is guaranteeing that Hillary wins.
>>
>>30433144
This is part of the failure of the authorities to put shit into the system and enforce existing law.
>>
This all assuming for an ideal circumstance of a government you can trust that is not going to try and encroach more and more and the whole pie metaphor. If we did not have to fear the anti-gun types who want to destroy the 2nd amendment but rather had a government like the swiss I'd be okay with something like the Swiss model with some changes. Essentially more aggressive background check and higher hurdle to attest to being a responsible, sane, law-abiding citizen rather than punitive restrictions on the 2nd amendment right.

I'm okay with background checks for private sales if you make the background checks free. No mandatory registration, just add on punishment if you sell a gun without a background check to someone who commits a felony with it. If you do the background check and it passes (like with Orlando shooter) then you are not responsible.

I'm okay with someone on the terror watch list having more scrutiny in the background check. Problem of the terror watch list being secretive and limited ways of getting off it means they shouldn't be forbidden forever, just that it would involve a more aggressive check but with the burden of proof on the authorities. Have to prove someone is literally planning and about to embark on a terrorist act and not just shitposting on ISIS-chan or Sovereign-citizens-chan.

In exchange:

-Import restrictions on firearms are repealed.
-Silencers removed from NFA.
-Any CCW recognized in all states.

Of course I'd love hughes amendment repealed and would even be down for a much more arduous and strenuous process than just the 200 bucks NFA tax and such. But it's highly highly unlikely.
>>
>>30430319
>common sense gun reforms

I think we should reform our import laws and take out that "sporting purpose" bit, while also reforming our sanctions on Russia, so I can get my hands on that svd in 30-06.
>>
>>30430319
I'd be OK with THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE THE KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
>>
>>30430319
All accept a small amount of gun control, but only if those who vote for it, are anti-gun, are for gun control lose all their rights. For if they are willing to rob themselves and other people the right to defend oneself, and therefore their rights then they deserve none.
>>
>>30430319
none.
people should be free to aquire and utilize any arm of their choosing
>>
>>30430319
>what is a gun restriction that you could live with?
Having a safety on a rifle is the furthest I'll let them go. You statists can go straight to hell
>>
>>30430730
>WELD
>E
>L
>D
>>30431153
>I know the libertarians threw an anti-gun VP at us but they're still a pro-gun party!!!!!
You're going to filter town desu
>>
No guns for anyone younger than 40.
>>
>>30431890
So even though the vast majority of murders are committed with pistols, you think it's rifles that need to be restricted.
>>
>>30433381
>But it's highly highly unlikely.
It is as long as gun owners have that attitude. The NFA has been amended several times over the years, and it can be amended again.
>>
>>30432845
So basically what we already have with public schooling that's 25% more expensive than the private school I send my daughter to?
>>
>>30430319
I would compromise with legislators in this and only this regard:

Semi auto pistols that can hold 10 rounds or more, minimum 1 day wait.
Semi auto shotguns and pump actions that hold more than 6 rounds, minimum 1 day wait.
Semi Auto Rifles that can hold 10 rounds or more, minimum 3 day wait.

Nothing is banned, regular joe citizens are mildly inconvenienced if at all, but assholes who think they're gonna buy the gun and use it that night get put in timeout to have a think.

I would say "Previous owners of similar weapons do not have to wait" but I cant see any system used to track that not then being turned into a registry of some sort, and fuck registry's. Maybe institute something for stores to track, so a repeat customer doesnt have to wait for his second rifle, etc.

Revolvers, Bolt Actions, Pump Action shotguns with six or less rounds, lever action guns, side by sides and over unders require no wait.

In return, SBR's and Suppressors are de-restricted (SBR's falling into a minimum 3 day wait). Weapons imports de-restricted.
>>
>>30432117
I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Damn shame that you insist on being a filthy tripfag.
>>
Nothing.
>>
Concentrate the guns in only the hands of civilized white men
>>
Not one of you has mentioned people on terror watch lists being able to get guns.
>>
>>30434511

D U E
P
R
O
C
E
S
S
>>
>>30434511
Hello MSM.
Sorry we don't support people losing their God given rights to purchase firearms without due process of law.
>>
>>30434511
I believe in due process and the 5th amendment.

If someone is convicted of a crime that would possibly corelate to terrorism, then fine. But if you open that can of worms then all it takes is every gun owner to be labeled a "domestic terrorist" by some fear mongering, spineless politician and then guns are illegal to own or buy. Presto change-o, the 2nd and 5th amendments burn to the ground.
>>
>>30434511

If you went to court and we're proven guilty of being a terrorist then yeah no guns 4 u

Now if some beaurocrat put you on the terrorist watch list even though you're a civilized western white man, under the proposed law that the Democrats are gonna force down our throats, you're gonnalose your rights just because you're on a list. That ain't right senpai
>>
>>30430511
This triggers me
>>
>>30430319
You know, I wouldn't mind background and psychological checks as a barrier for gun ownership. But once you've proven you can own a firearm, you should be able to purchase any firearm without worrying about short-barrel rifle, automatic, suppressed, etc.
>>
>>30430319
Strict scrutiny under shall not be infringed.
>>
>>30430319
Not a fuckin' thing. Our rights as law-abiding gun owners have been stripped away for decades. We give an inch, they take a damned mile. Grow a pair and stand up for your fuckin' rights, instead of talking about compromise.
>>
>>30430443
>le "gun = masculinity" meme

Slow down, Senpai, how is anyone else supposed to get popular when you're hogging the limelight like that?
>>
>>30432117
I fail to see how privatizing K-12 will help at all, considering your complaints about college.

You also aren't taking into account any sort of geographical issues. People in impoverished areas aren't going to have access to the same private schools as the wealthy.

I'm not saying the current system is ideal, but corporatizing every element of our existence is going to create more losers than winners.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.