[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have I gone full retard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160624_010503.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_010503.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Would like to know if I'm being stupid or if there's something wrong here. I've removed the bolt from the carrier in my RAS47 quite a few times without issue, though the last few recent tries I can't get the damn thing out

The bolt is pulled back to get the notch out of the carrier, and spun clockwise, one spun to a certain point it should just slide out the front right? I remove the notch from the carrier by pulling it back and spin it clockwise, even slowly, I can't find any spot where the carrier will let it out, and I don't see anything at all that's obstructing it perhaps besides something inside cylinder hole inside the carrier than I can't see

Thanks for any help
>>
>>30386456
your poorly heat-treated bolt has been gettin its ass smashed by those too-hard CRAPCO G2 hammer and become peened. Best to just sell that steaming pile of shit while its still in one piece.

Or ur just fuckin retarded. Its hard to tell with you kids now days.
>>
>>30386480

It fires fine though just cant get the pieces apart for easier cleaning. If it is shitty hardware, would it eventually go to complete shit due to this?
>>
>>30386504
how bout you stop dryfiring it a billion times between range visits?

>I used to be able to take this oilplug out of this car, but now I cant change the oil
>would it eventually go to complete shit due to this?
And looks like its Answer#2........
>>
>>30386531
It's rarely dry fired

I'm looking around for examples of bolts peened but don't see anything so far I can see on my own shit

So if the bolt is peened, and at this point just can't be removed from the carrier, if whatever is fucking it up continues will the bolt just fail to move at all?
>>
I can actually see now where the back of the bolt is bent a bit where the hammer would be hitting it.. wtf, only a few thousands rounds through it
>>
>>30386456
That rifle is trash sell that shit and buy a wasr
>>
>>30386597
It's a Century what the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>30386456
take the condom off your charging handle, lad
>>
>>30386456
holy fuck i can actually see in the pic where the bolt is getting peened on the back
sell it off now
good, cheap options that won't blow your hands off:
WASR
PAP, either NPAP or M70AB2 since OPAPs are dried up now
Interarms
>>
>>30386531
You're a fucking retard if you think dry firing would have an effect liek this on any modern gun.
>>
>>30386456
Yes, your bolt is spun all the way around in that pic, it should just slide out of the front. Seems like the tube with the back of the firing pin may be bent if it's not coming out.
>>
>>30386504
Yes, RAS47s have a bad reputation for being not heat treated properly. If you do decide to keep it and fire it often you need to invest in some headspace gauges and check it often so you don't blow your face/fingers off when it eventually goes bad.
>>
>>30386692
Yea, you clearly know what youre talking about.

Fuckin idiot.
>>
Would it be possible to just completely replace the bolt & carrier with another brand, and would it even be worth contacting century over? I've had the damn thing only a few months
>>
can i ask how many rounds are through it, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>30386456
The RAS47 is dogshit, you made a bad purchase, sorry.
You should have gone with the WASR

>>30386480
There isn't anything wrong with some Tapco parts.
Their AK mags are ok, their trigger is actually good.

>>30386504
Yes, the RAS will beat itself apart, it's very poorly made.

>>30386566
Probably.

>>30386597
It's been determined that the RAS only handles about 1000rds before it'll start failing.

It's questionable if you can get your money back by selling it used, or if it's morally right to pawn off a shitty gun like this onto someone who doesn't know better, I almost want to say that turning it in at a gun buyback and buying groceries with the gift card would be the best course of action because really, nobody deserves to have to use a RAS. Maybe strip it for whatever parts are worth it (G2 trigger, magazine, furniture, etc) before handing it in.
>>
>>30386456
Maybe call century and ask them the fuck is up
>>
>>30386678
>he thinks that will make a RAS47 stop being dildos
W E W
E
W

>>30386783
Dry firing is only an issue on rimfires when it comes to modern guns, stop being a fuddlord.

>>30386798
Not really, you bought a RAS47 and you got fucked, we're sorry.

Read reviews next time (I know what it's like to make a shitty purchase).

You might be able to strip it for a few of the parts but that'd be it, the base gun and main components are all bad.

>>30386835
He said a few thousand, which is it's lifespan.
>>
>>30386881
He would be one among thousands to do that.

What are they gonna do? Do warranty work on something that is understood by now to break itself from normal use?

I can see it now, reattaching broken sights with wood glue and trying to make cracked furniture hold together with scotch tape and string. In the next room, a man with an eyepatch and a drinking problem is trying to fix peening with sandpaper and a grindstone.

Basically don't ever buy anything which Century has made from the ground up.
>>
File: 1444540463653.jpg (71KB, 609x743px) Image search: [Google]
1444540463653.jpg
71KB, 609x743px
>Would like to know if I'm being stupid or if there's something wrong here
>my RAS47
You're being stupid, and there is something wrong here.
>>
My first AK, and I didn't know century arms sucked so much dick.. I appreciate all the info, thanks yall
>>
>>30386783
Well? Fucking idiot.
>>
>>30386964
It's more that they suck at building their own things.

They import the WASR-10/63, which is decent, since most of it is made in Romania (though they were really shoddy until about 2009, they were never as bad as the RAS47).

If you thought the RAS was nice until it began shitting itself, the WASR is basically like that but nicer ans it's not a turd.

If you feel wronged, see if you can ask Century or your retailer for your money back, maybe look at Small Claims Court if the money is important.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.