[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.32 S&W long as a viable SD cartridge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: DS_Right[1].jpg (56KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
DS_Right[1].jpg
56KB, 600x413px
You can find a snub nosed revolver in just about any revolver caliber you please, but the .38 special is ubiquitous, and for good reason. It is a proven cartridge of adequate power for self-defense purposes. It has all but completely replaced the once popular and less powerful .32 S&W long (or .32 New Police for you colt fans). .32 S&W Long was a cartridge deserving of replacement when .38 special came on the scene, but ammunition technology being what it is today, could the old .32 S&W Long be a good choice for self defense? In a service revolver, the .38 is more than manageable, but in the smaller dimensions of a snubbie, it can kick. The .32 was made for small revolvers. Not only is it easier to control, it's just small enough to squeeze in a sixth round in a J-frame sized package.
Thoughts? Rebuttal? OP, why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>30383392
>ubiquitous
I'm not sure what that word means, but it makes my pee-pee feel funny.
>ubiquitous
>>
>>30383404
Ubiquitous (adj.): That shit is everywhere.
>>
>>30383419
Just because shit is everywhere doesn't mean I have to step in it.
ubiquitous
>>
I have a .38 S&W, not a .38 Special mind you, a .38 S&W. It has about as much penetration as a dry sock thrown by a small asian woman. Also shot LRN .32 H&R magnum through my Nagant revolver, was surprisingly accurate but still rather lacking in terminal ballistics.

If you want to go for a snubby .32 get one in 327 magnum, you get your sixth shot and a step-up in power from .32 H&R magnum.
>>
File: .38lc and .38spc.jpg (48KB, 639x470px) Image search: [Google]
.38lc and .38spc.jpg
48KB, 639x470px
I prefer .38 long colt if we're being purposefully snowflake.

Can still shoot it in a .38 special revolver. or even a .357 for that matter.
>>
>>30383392
Given that most people stop after being shot for purely psychological reasons which no scientific study correlates with caliber and only a shot to the brain/spine will stop a particularly determined person quickly (anywhere else will take longer than it takes you to dump all the ammo you have into the person with whatever reasonable pistol you may carry). Any handgun ammunition that penetrates to the FBI recommended 12"-18" of ballistics gelatin or more (though I'd personally prefer at least 15") would be perfectly acceptable for self defense in almost all situations sans the ones where you only manage to hit organs that will cause the person to die eventually, run out of ammunition, then have to fight the person hand to hand until their eventual demise.
>>
https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=345

>The result is a fairly lethal cartridge that brings new usefulness to millions of these old pistols. Depending on how much clothing must be penetrated and how much bone is encountered, expect 17 to 23 inches of straight line penetration in mammalian tissue with this load. At 100grs., this bullet is the same weight as other current weak factory offerings, but is going around 200 fps faster than any other commercial load we could find that utilize 100gr. bullets.

I'm personally annoyed by Buffalo Bore's marketing, but the boss does a decent job making killing ammo for obscure shit like .32 H&R and .38 S&W/New Police.
>>
>>30383392
What about .32-20?
>>
make that .32 H&R Magnum or.327 Fed Mag and I'm OK with it. .32 S&W is too weak for my blood
>>
32.long should work but just why.....
>>
File: tmp_30549-IMAG0001441183330.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30549-IMAG0001441183330.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>30383392
Better than a sharpened stick. I'd say get yourself an LCR in .327 Fed. Mag.
>>
File: pocket positive.jpg (88KB, 1024x587px) Image search: [Google]
pocket positive.jpg
88KB, 1024x587px
>>30383392
its was favored by cops and gangsters during the prohibition and beyond
the cartridge really only died because they stooped making guns for them. Its on the lower end of the .380 tier range, not terrible but not a whole lot either. It'll still kill people
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.