[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving away guns.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Ok, suppose I, throughout my lifetime, have collected a large amount of firearms and ammo, and I know my family would go full retard with them (destroy/burn/paint them bright blue with ponies), is it possible I could give it to friends or even strangers without a bunch of legal mumbo jumbo.

Like let's say I got a bunch of AR-15 variants, some rare age old guns, classics, innumerable handguns, shotties, and bolts, would it be ok for me to set up a thread saying anyone who comes to this meet up will get free guns and ammo because poppa /k/ommando hates his kids and grandkids.
>>
Bumbing where you live at?
>>
>>30373706
just give them to me I'll handle all the legal mumbo jumbo
>>
>>30373706

In my state (NC) guns are your property and you can give them or sell them to whoever you want.

Not sure about the law in commie shit holes like Cali or NY.
>>
>>30373715
>>30373720

I barely got a collection (10-20 guns at best), but I already got the gun bug. This is something I mean way in the future. Like I'll be 80 future, not 23
>>
>>30373706
you mean like that news story about that family being faggots with inheritance to 'send a message' (a retarded message)?

you could just write in your will that you leave guns to your friends and if you have a shitton and don't want to play favorites you could always direct that the rest of the guns be sold at auction to benefit some charity your libtard relatives would be figuratively shooting themselves in the foot for trying to take money away from, like Make-A-Wish

All your gunz end up in the hands of people who want them and good happens as well, plus libtears. Everyone wins.
>>
>>30373706
It's illegal to do so, but hey, no cop no stop right?
Just make sure that the dudes you're giving your stuff to seem like alright people and wouldn't go use anything in a crime; because it would fall back on you in the end if the fuzz found the gun. Careful about this kind of stuff, my nugget.
>>
>>30373777
charity thing seems like a pretty good idea, fuck, I'm gonna steal that. That way I win/win after I die
>>
>>30373706

Put them in an NFA trust! Just make the only cotrustee someone you know will take care of them.

You'll be the settlor and primary trustee, in the event of your death the torch will be passed automatically, or you can make someone else take charge of everything on the trust before that.

Nobody can get their hands on trust items unless they are in it or you were stupid and you left conflicting stuff in a will for the executor to interpret.
>>
I'd definitely be interested. Would need to drive like 24 hours straight to get to you but would still do it. Depending on when it is.

Do you have a S&W Model 29?
>>
>>30373738
Like other anons have said OP, its all about where you live that determines the legality of giving firearms to friends.

I got a very close knit crew of friends and I told them that if anything happened to me they get one specific piece of my collection. and all the ammo that goes with it. So far its legal in my state but who knows in the future.
>>
>>30373706
I say do it.

And I say this as an anon whose gotten a free shotgun at basically a /k/ meet.
>>
File: 2d7.gif (496KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
2d7.gif
496KB, 500x385px
>>30373891
>I told them
means jack fucking shit sempai

get a lawyer, get a will.
>>
>>30373891
OP here, currently living in New Jercuck, hoping to move to Washington or Wyoming sometime in the future.
>>
>>30373939
That's where a predated bill of sale securely stored in the safe comes in handy
>>
>>30373836
At this time, I do not have a Model 29. I plan on buying one sometime in the future.
>>
>>30373706

That would be a nice pic... if that retard wasn't in it.
>>
>>30373706
it should be legal to give them to people, basically the same as privately selling them. i say go for it. and this makes me sad because i assume you are in the states and as a Canadian /k/ommando i will probably not be able to attend
>>
>>30373706
Assuming you live in America, it would depend on state laws. Fortunately, the state where the transfer is made, not the state of your residence.

I live in Texas, where gun transfer between individuals is mostly unrestricted.
>>
>>30373738
Between Dad, myself, and my brother we are pushing around 140. Two dedicated rooms one in my house and one at my folks. I know for me inheritance isn't an issue I'm just worried for the future. With the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a death tax sort of deal on guns.
>>
>>30373952

Hey, I'm in NJ right now (though I'm a CT resident). If you want to meet up I'll totally take some guns off your hands for you. Legally of course.
>>
>>30373727
Thank god for NC. shit firework laws but guns out the ass. I'll take the trade
>>
>>30373952
I thought the laws in NJ were fairly restrictive.
Washington or Wyoming should have some fairly good ones on the books though.
>>
File: 1351465521589.jpg (266KB, 1220x998px) Image search: [Google]
1351465521589.jpg
266KB, 1220x998px
It should be legal just have people show you a ccw permit so you know that they have been vetted and charge them 1.00 so a "sale" occurred.
>>
>>30374446
How does the cow get behind the bullet so he can haul the next one?
>>
File: 1333534413255.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1333534413255.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
Im in Ohio and would be willing to drive for a meet up/camp. Also make sure the gun that they "purchase" is legal in their state.
>>
>>30373738
I see myself moving it down the family as we have for the last 3 or 4 generations.
If the next gen sucks, it will go to the NRA for safety training programs. Or, maybe some local boy scout groups could make good use of them.
Whatever you do, either do it before death (preferable as you can see the smiles of all you have made happy) or get a ROCK SOLID will that is impossible to defeat in court.
>>
Can you ship the MP5K to the Middle East?
>>
OP I would gladly take some of your firearms off of your hands, I inherited about 15 guns from my grandpa and 7k+ rounds of ammo when he died 6 years ago.
If you're serious about this, post an email adress.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.