[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a Valmet /k/? I have an offer to get a 5.56 Valmet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: m76fs.jpg (33KB, 520x356px) Image search: [Google]
m76fs.jpg
33KB, 520x356px
Should I get a Valmet /k/? I have an offer to get a 5.56 Valmet with one magazine in great condition for $1700. Should I scoop that up?
>>
If I had the money and opportunity I would.
>I think mags are a bitch to find tho
>>
>>30355598

ignore tripfag
but get the valmet
>>
>>30355598
They are, thats my concern. A buddy of mine has access to a metal shop with stamping equipment so it could be 'feasible' to stamp new mags given I let him hang on to the one it came with. If thats a no go then you can convert Yugos, Weigars, and Bugly wafflemags.
>>30355605
Is it a good price anon?
>>
>>30355612
Ah well good luck to you.

Does it come with any magazines ?
>>
>>30355634
one mag
>>
>>30355612
$1700 is in the neighborhood, you could probably sell the mag for $200
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>30357336
do you want it? is there anything you could spend 1700 on that would make you happier? do you have 1700 in you budget? would you settle for a crappier one for 1500?
yes
no
yes
no
=
buy

that $1700 doesn't sound firm, negotiate a little.
>>
>>30357380
Here's the thing, I also need to get an SP-01 Tactical, a shot timer, a belt, and ammo to train to qualify for a 3 gun team this fall. But I'm worried about this Valmet disappearing and not running into one until much much later. Also if I get on the team I'm gonna need to build a race AR. I have ~$3,000 right now and will probably have close to $7,000 at the end of summer when I go back to college. I want a Valmet, but I don't know if I should buy it now or wait and hope I run into another.
>>
>>30357484
you'll probably run into another, and that isn't an unmissable good price for one. the only reason i'd be in a hurry to get one is if there were an assault weapon ban and it was my last chance. as it is the price should stay about the same for those.
>>
>>30357484
If it's a folding stock model buy it now, disregard 3gun.
>>
>>30357681
Its an FS, exactly like pic related
>>
>>30357695

acquire rape ak
>>
>>30355561
does it look exactly like pic related?
>>
>>30357695
>>30357953
Yep, 5.56 M76FS comes with one mag
>>
>>30355612
you can probably use a 5.56 ak mag adapter and use AR15 type mags
>>
Just cruise all of your areas pawn and gun shops, rifle through the magazine bins. It's how you find gold.
>>
>>30358035
I don't think that works, I went through a few ARFCOM Valmet mag solution guides and none of them netioned the Galil AR mag adapters working right. What really sucks is that Galil mags fit, but the feed angle is wrong. Does anyone know enough about the feed angle on Galil mags to recommend a way to safely alter it?
>>
>>30355612
not 100% sure, but I'd imagine that 5.56mm Galil mags should work, I mean what is a Galil receiver if not a modified copy (fairly certain the only difference is the thumb selector on Galil) of Rk 62 receiver?
>>
>>30358703
>>30358749
>>
>>30358703
> Galil AR mag adapters
why would you need an adapter when the receiver is basically same?
>>
>>30358749

No, common reports of bullet set back. Not what you want to have happen with your $2,000 collectable. Much less if you eat a firing pin. Just get a couple good mags for it, have a good AR15 for serious use.
>>
>>30358812
AR mags as in STANAG
>>
>>30358703
>the feed angle is wrong
how did that happen, early Galils used Rk 62 receivers, which means the angle at which the magazine is inserted should be exactly the same, and since the 5.56mm versions of Valmets came after Galil it would be counter-intuitive not to make it so that the feed angle is the same.
>>
>>30358869
No idea, ARFCOM amongst others report bullet set back occurs from time to time, not really worth blowing up a rape AK for it
>>
>>30358864
why would you use STANAG mags on a rifle that has its own, perfectly fine 5.56 magazine that shouldn't be too hard to find?
>>
>>30358883
>bullet set back
something edible?
>>
>>30358912
I don't know anon, I didn't make it. Maybe STANAGs were easier to find when the Galil first made it's way to the civvy market, I wasn't around yet when that happened.
>>30358927
I don't think so, I think it slams it hard enough to cause a kaboom
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?279193-Galil-magazines-in-a-223-Valmet
>>
>>30358979
huh, I guess I have to believe it then, it makes no sense that there'd be a difference between the feed angles when the magazine well should be damn near identical, but that picture at the end seems to suggest that's not the case, wtf...
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.