[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG optics on a rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: P1060257.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
P1060257.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I know it's doable, but how does it perform compared to standard optics?
>>
like shit
the elevation and ranging is comparable to a 7.62x39, though
>>
>>30344390
Its better than no optic, soldiers in the field have improvised them as rifle optics when nothing else was available
>>
File: image.jpg (307KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307KB, 750x750px
Wouldn't be the easiest thing to work with, but better than no sight
>>
>>30344390
First of all, there's a reason they make specific optics for different guns.
You'd be a retard to intentionally choose it over actual rifle optics other than some fun experimentation, but I guess it "could" be used effectively enough at some predetermined ranges, and give you a bit better ability to pick out subtle objects down range than irons alone. I'd still choose irons over some zero cheekweld extremely high above bore optic. It seems like a lot of added weight for very little benefit when my ak irons work just fine to 400 yards alone so long as I can see my target.
2.7x isn't a lot of zoom, but neither is 4x and I much prefer 4x to an 8x slav optic. Both in weight savings, and having a wide field of view so you never lose sight of what you're shooting at.
>>30344787
>better than no sight
I disagree for the most part, unless your irons are boned up.
>>
>>30344787
is the rangefinder on that still applied to a man-sized target @ x meters?

i mean as long as you know how the reticle works it's not gonna function any differently. you'd look like an idiot to anyone who knows what it is and to most who don't, but it'd still work.
>>
>>30345516
>is the rangefinder on that still applied to a man-sized target @ x meters?
The range finder says right there that it's tailored to 2.7meter tall targets, so no.
You'd have to measure it against something roughly 2.7m tall instead.
So you'd need to go searching for objects you suspect are roughly 10 feet tall. I'm not sure if it's 2.7m to measure against individual floors in buildings or what.
>>
what is the best place to find these archaic slav optics ?
>>
>>30346165
http://kalinkaoptics.com/
>>
>>30346165

ebay is good to find old PGO scopes. i got mine foe 90 USD.

Did the slavs have a method of doing this? I know the practice was popular in the Soviet Afghan war.
>>
>>30346237
gratz m8y
do you know anywhere that make AK accessory mounts in steel ? Everywhere is aluminum , and that shit wont tig to the receiver
>>
>>30346237
Since when are 2hu so much into guns?
>>
>>30344405

Pretty much that.

The RPG trainer is/was a single shot 7.62x39.
>>
The sight is designed for the RPG which is recoilless, so there is no eye relief.
That pad above the eyepiece is to rest your forehead on.
>great new way to get scope eye from 7.62x54r
>>
File: 88.jpg (326KB, 1500x1111px) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
326KB, 1500x1111px
>>30345643
>I'm not sure if it's 2.7m to measure against individual floors in buildings or what.
Tank height.
>>
>>30346555
I suppose that makes perfect sense.
But I think my idea would work pretty reliably too, since distances between windows of one floor and the next will probably be close to that same distance apart. You should be able to get a fairly close estimate.
>>
>>30345461
Soviets used RPG-7 sight on AK-74N (Night - with side mount) often in Afghanistan. Because of lack proper optic issued for AK.
>>
File: 99.jpg (107KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
107KB, 800x534px
>>
You should be able to still use the iron sights if you mounted the RPG sight on the side, right? Judging from that picture, it doesn't look like it would get in the way.
>>
>>30346753
>it doesn't look like it would get in the way
It still adds weight that can't help but hurt your ability to shoot well.
I'd almost rather hold the optic up to my eye like a monocular than put it on my rifle.
>>
>>30345643
>What could an RPG possibly face that is roughly 10 feet tall????

Gee I wonder
>>
File: jhg 083.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
jhg 083.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>30347052
I like how stupid this looks.
>>
>>30347052
That really looks like it'd be goofy as hell to use.
I still wonder how well it'd work at 100 and 300 if you'd sighted it in at 200. Especially when the actual front lens is so high above the bore too, on top of so extremely far to the side.
>>
>>30347096
Soviet battesight is 400m for 5.45, 300m for 7.62.
>>
>>30347052
>Looking into the eye of HAL9000 for optics
>not getting eye cancer from fragment of Chernobyl NPP reactor #3 shard use to power that thing
"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.