[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student tackles, disarms gunman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1461970284638.png (48KB, 188x244px) Image search: [Google]
1461970284638.png
48KB, 188x244px
This is from 2014 but just released. A student ambushes a shooter with pepper spray, tackles him, and disarms him.

Thoughts? What did the student do right and wrong?

I think he did a great job until he grabbed the gun and ran away, leaving the shooter out of sight. The shooter could have pulled out a backup pistol at that time.

Further, when the shooter pulled the knife out, the student should have had the gun with him and shot the shooter, NOT gone in again to try to tackle and disarm the knife.

But overall, kudos. More people need to AT LEAST carry pepper spray if they won't carry a gun, and need to be prepared to attack shooters like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf1cTbg5d9I
>>
File: 1462649495993.png (97KB, 362x492px) Image search: [Google]
1462649495993.png
97KB, 362x492px
Full video with no news bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGBiib9qBg

- What the fuck was the kid doing just sitting at the table?
- WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE GIRL DOING, HOW DID SHE NOT SEE HIM?
- What the fuck did he shoot her with? Rocksalt? She just looks down at her chest and casually walks away while pulling out her phone.

This is fascinating and disturbing.
>>
>>30298524
i bet it was birdshot
>>
>>30298552

Yeah. She was still bleeding heavily (you can see) and I know that she ended up in critical condition. A few more inches towards her heart and she'd be dead pretty quickly.

Still, strange reaction. Must be shock? I mean to not even run away, or NOTICE a guy with a shotgun 10 feet away from you aiming it at you?

Just bizarre.
>>
>>30298570
Definitely shock. Student should have held the assailiant at gun point until authorities arrived
>>
>>30298607
?
It's a shotgun, the guys trying to reload
>>
>>30298607

And shot him when he pulled the knife out, IMO.
>>
Why didn't the shooter shoot the kid sitting at the table? Did the kid even see him?
>>
I'm disappointing the guy that disarmed the attacker, didn't immediately start buttstroking the attacker.

instead he runs off to hide the gun and then goes back to wrestle.
>>
>>30298703

I know, that was strange.
>>
>>30298494
I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss what he did right and wrong, but most people will not make the most logical decisions when they are thrown into a situation like this. It's likely that the kid has never held a firearm before so shooting him would have been out of the question.
>>
>>30298927

I get that. It's just interesting to review what was done, and what could have been done differently.

Overall he did an amazing job to disarm the guy.
>>
Kudos on him.

Human reaction is a very strange and interesting thing. Especially to traumatic events like this.

I would've disarmed him and kept him at gunpoint until I saw cops. But ya know, whatever works.

Disarming and then killing the guy, is this illegal?
>>
>>30298703
He probably didn't want to get into any legal trouble is my guess, he did something that most people wouldn't have done so gotta give him props
>>
>>30299014

No, unless a new threat arises (him pulling out another gun or knife). Or if he attacks you. But if he's laying on the ground, no.
>>
>>30298552
I guess all that blubber saved her.
>>
It's not like people train for things like this.
>>
>>30299017
>>30298494
Funny thing is the kid is a proguns who target shoots regularly and bought his pepper spray at a gun show.

Real shame he didn't use the captured pistol to end the threat in case edgemeister had a backup (which most active shooters have).
>>
>>30298711
People in high-stress, fast moving situations will usually do some bizarre shit if they're not trained.

You act on the first thought that pops into your mind, and once you commit to the action you follow through because shit's just happening too quick and you don't know what else to do. I suspect that most people have an instinctive aversion to second-guessing themselves in those situations.
>>
>>30299048
I can still held the shooter at gunpoint, no?
>>
>>30298524
like a fucking boss, shame he ditched the gun though
>>
>>30298494
>>30298524
Kid did the wrong thing, should have just called to cops and hid under cover.
>>
>>30300972
Hang in there. People will bite.
>>
File: laughing girls.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>people use birdshot for home defense
>they claim it's enough to kill and stop a man
>barely phases a 20ish year old girl

Shotgun HD owners on suicide watch.
>>
>>30298494

Not a flawless strategy, but hey, it worked.
>>
>>30300639

When i was in my first combat situation, we've been almost overrun. In our position, we were only 4 guys, and 2 wounded. We've been shelled by mortars and something that i assume were qassam-style rockets, and heavily attacked with light arms. When we were about to be evacuated by APC, we packed all the stuff left in our position so the enemy won't get it, and entered the APC under RPG and small arms fire. Probably the most stressfull situation in my life, by far the closest i've ever been to death. I put a backpack full of 7.62 on my back, an ammunition belt around my neck, my rifle on my shoulder, grabbed a PKC, and was about to start running to the APC, when suddenly i saw some nail clippers lying on a windowsill next to me. I stopped, layed down the PKC again, and put it in my pocket. I had some small scissors with me normally, but i lost them a few days before. In that moment, i've just been happy i found some nice clippers. At that point, we've been fighting for almost 8 hours. Later, i realized what kind of bizarre fucked up shit i did, in the most fucked up situation of my life. Still got those clippers
>>
>>30298703

Adrenaline dumps can do strange things. That or he thought being seen with a gun in that huge glass doorway by cops will lead to confusion and him being shot up.
>>
He ran the gun down the hall then came back and held him down

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/dramatic-video-shows-hero-disarm-shooter-at-seattle-pacific-university-in-2014/

>shooter cucked while reloading ol' DBL DBL
>welp
>guess the libs were right
If he'd had an AR and 30rd mags he never would have been stopped.

looks like all that tactical shit is actually there for a purpose
>shooting civilians
>and 6 year olds
>>
>>30298494
>More people need to AT LEAST carry pepper spray if they won't carry a gun

Pepper spray was banned in NY until 1996. Our former Republican governor un-banned it. Just goes to show that Democrats have no common sense.
>>
>>30302001
/k/anadian?
>>
>>30302534
>>guess the libs were right
Liberals are always right. Welcome to reality, conservatards.
>>
>>30298615
Its pretty easy for those of use who are ranging between familiar and extremely experienced with a broad range for firearms to say we would have held the student at gun point and shot him when he pulled the knife.

Fuck I know that is what I would have done. Shells on the ground, pick up a throw them in, slam it closed and aim at the fucker on the ground. Second you see that knife come out he is a lethal threat again.

Reality is though I am guessing that the student that tackled him knew sweet fuck all about guns, if he didn't know how to even load the firearm or how to use it then it is best to remove it from the situation as to his purpose it can serve no constructive purpose and only represent a risk if the shooter was to launch an assault and regain control of it.

Infuriatingly as an Ausfalian the pepper spray that was used to great effect to disable the shooter is illegal in practically all of the country.
>>
>>30300671
yeah, just dont shoot him. hes no longer a threat so you cant argue self defense
>>
>>30300671
Sure, but when cops arrive, responding to an active shooter and see you holding a shotgun at someone on the ground, there's a good chance you'll get shot.
>>
>>30303529
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGBiib9qBg

19 year old here, I can honestly say If I actually went as far as getting him on the ground and taking his gun I wouldn't even take the time to fuck with it even though I know how to use a shotgun.

I would have immediately proceeded to bash his face with the butt of the gun until he was a bloody mess, a crack to the face is quicker than messing with the gun, and trying to point it at him without knowing if a round is chambered is a waste of time. this fixation on guns solving every confrontation is not realistic.
>>
>>30305178
Thats a fair call as well, I was going off the video where he seems somewhat incapacitated by the pepper spray though, launching into a direct assault isnt a bad idea either.

>>30302534
honestly the approach the bloke took on him would have worked regardless off firearm, just waiting till they have their back to you if they aren't aware of you and bumrushing them with pepper spray will work pretty well. Bloke just fired a gun in a building without earpro, he wont hear you coming.
I get the distinct impression the shooter didn't really think through what he was doing, if he had of I would have expected him to use buckshot for starters and to have lopped those 30" barrels down to 15" or so and put a fucking sling on the gun for retention.

Also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria_shootings

Libs are wrong, like normal.
>>
>>30298524

I should have know better than to look at the comment section

>you Americans should skullrape gunlovers
>WAIT, I thought the only way to stop a bad guy was with a gun
>bunch of a John Wayne wannabes with guns

Fucking hell, honestly though, La Pierre could have articulated that speech so much better than just saying good guys and bad guys. Something along the lines of a well-trained citizen capable of handling an armed threat either physically or with a firearm, strong emphasis on trained though.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.