[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will happen if some enemy power (China, russia) uses a EMP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 41

File: 1465305086748.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
1465305086748.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
What will happen if some enemy power (China, russia) uses a EMP over america?

how fucked are we?
>>
>>30297140
We could retaliate. We have a Navy mobilized that wouldn't be affected with nuclear capabilities.
>>
>>30297140
They get nuked on.
>>
>>30297140
Nearly all military systems, as well as a good deal of civil ones are shielded from EMP.
>>
File: 1462390236682.jpg (34KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1462390236682.jpg
34KB, 720x540px
>EMP
>Still a threat
Jesus Christ. Faraday cages and other shielding are a thing.
2/10 I took the fucking bait.
>>
>>30297175
No,they are not. http://empcommission.org/
>>30297140
Your standard of living would tank,even if you've "prepped". Think Venezuela, but with more niggers and hordes of special little snowflakes that can't do anything for themselves.
I was working in the Simsbury-Avon area after the Halloween snowstorm in 2011,when that part of the State was 100% out of power for almond 2 weeks. Me and my guys were cutting trees ahead of the National Guard, who were moving them with payloaders and backhoes,so the lineman could get their trucks in. The highlights of that storm for me were:
1) Getting told to go fuck myself on November 1st by a homeowner when I told him we weren't linemen,and I wasn't turning his power on,
2) making coffee on the tailgate at break time,and having 2 or 3 households coming out asking for some hot water,because it never occurred to them to have a propane stove,hibachi,or cans of sterno for emergencies,
3) Getting told to fuck myself a couple days later by someone else when I told them that,no,we weren't delivering generators from the utility to every home without power,
4)Listening with disgust to an EMT who told me about the dozen or so people that he personally had to take to the ER because of panic attacks induced by not being able to log onto facebook, and that other EMTs had done the same,
And one good one- 5) I ran into a landscaper from Maine, who had driven down when he saw how bad the storm was. He was charging those snobby pricks $1500 per truck/trailer load to clean storm debris off of their manicured lawns,all in cash. He said he was doing 10-12 trips per day,and he was going to stay until the 1st person complained about the price. This was about day 18 when I met that glorious bastard.
>Tl;dr, we're fucked.
>>
>>30297140
>the doomsday machine isn't the salvation of humanity
>>
>>30297569
Good story anon.

I live in Kentucky and when we had our big ice storm back in... 08?, I think, we were without power and water for a little over two weeks. A crew from Alabama was who eventually got our power back on.
>>
One Second After
>>
>>30297771
After being gone from my home and family for almost a month,I finally got home and had to clean up that mess. 2 trees across my driveway, and a couple more behind the house. My family used up almost all the gas for the generator before they got power back.
A little planning goes a long way.
>>
>>30297569
You'd be amazed at how few people keep something as basic as a supply of candles around for emergencies.

I used to sell my cheap ass candles for 20 a pop, and I would stock up on them and bic lighters before big storms specifically for trade purposes. I like giving a few to my immediate neighbors for free because they aren't complete assholes/it pays to have other gun owners right next to you that are friendly to you in the event some dickhole decides to follow you home later because he feels that his candle wasn't worth 20 bucks.
>>
>>30298209
fucking this.

I feel anger when I told my mother we need to stock candles and have a shitty electrical lantern or some fleshlight with some batteries.

fuck that shit.
>>
>>30298460
>mom I need a fleshlight, for emergency and stuff
>>
>>30298514
shit, made a typo.
>>
>>30298460
>>Battery powered fleshlight

Exactly what I'd need
>>
>>30298536
No, no, you're definitely onto something there m8. Battery powered fleshlight. It will do all of the work, and you can just lay there. It's genius.

>>30298460
Just go out on your own and buy that shit. It isn't expensive to go buy a few dozen cheap candles. Or even a few lanterns powered by d-cell batteries and a supply of those.

You can have a plentiful surplus of those things for less than 100 bucks (and that is assuming you buy enough extra for trade or a very long blackout)
>>
>>30298571
how bout some solar phone battery charger?
>>
>>30298460
>or some fleshlight with some batteries
>>
>>30297140
>What are nuclear submarines?
>>
>>30298625
>chinese and russian has no proper defenses to that
>>
>>30298460
>when your phone defaults to fleshlight before flashlight
>>
>>30297569

One of the few good things I can say about natural disasters is that, depending on your community of course, the neighborhood all gets together.

Last big windstorm about ten years ago, had most of the neighborhood at my house which was interesting.

Not really related but whatever.
>>
>>30298598
Just go get a foldable solar panel charger. I have one I take when I go backpacking, it works great. They can be had for around 50 bucks and they can charge multiple devices at the same time.

Another thing worth consideration is a handcranked emergency radio. I have one and the handcrank allows you to charge a device plugged into a spare usb slot on the radio. Reliable 100% of the time regardless of the availability of sunlight.
>>
>>30298650
>China and Russia have proper defenses against having all of their major population centers being turned into radioactive ash

Boomers go out and hide/run away for months at a time for a scenario just like this. If a foreign power were to attack the USA, our submarines would still be offering the nuclear option when all else has failed.
>>
>>30298936
>let's ignore all other nations that hate USA
>>
>>30298964
The ones with nuclear arsenals and the will to use them are the only ones that matter.
>>
>>30299007
>implying americans could defend against ISIS in that case
>let's bomb our own cities
>>
>>30299033
What's there to defend against?

50 faggots is nothing in a civil defense scenario.
>>
>>30299055
let's ignore also the civil war scenario with niggers looting shit.

also the economic loss.
>>
>>30298964
Who are you referring to? North Korea? Iran?
The only countries with global power projection are the USA and its allies.
If you're implying that Russia or China would nuke the USA, then my point stands. The meme-worthy Russian and Chinese navies aren't going to stop the SSBN fleet.
>>
>>30299084
>because they can't nuke us there's right not an economic global war using currencies
>being this bluepilled
>>
>>30299121
>goalposts
>>
>>30299033
ISIS got rekt pretty good in Texas when they tried to shoot up some people and got shot up themselves instead.

I'm not worried about some ragheads coming here with their guns as long as we continue having the right to self defense and concealed carry.
>>
>>30299133
>nukes are the only way to destoy a nation
>>
>>30298460
sides decended
>>
America is perfectly safe in all ways. The world loves America and doesn't want anything bad to happen to it. Quit being so paranoid, America.
>>
>>30298964
Considering that generating a significant electromagnetic pulse would require you to detonate a strategic yield nuclear warhead at high altitude more or less directly above the US the options are basically limited to countries with ICBM/spaceflight capabilities and have thermonuclear weapons.
>>
>>30297771
It was '09. I live in West Kentucky and shit was cash.
>>
Won't directly hurt the military, but most all civilian tech is fucked and it would take a mass-mobilization of assets to keep all the major cities affected from going all Donner Party on each other.
>>
>>30298650
To nuclear submarines? Who does?
>>
>>30297771
I remember that. We lost power for like 45 minutes. Lol.
>>
>>30297140
functional EMP weapons are a sci-fi pipe dream. And even if they did most modern electronics used by the military are surge-protected so nothing would really happen
>>
>>30297140
While we all know that book "One second after" was the slowest read in history but no one can say the author wasn't completely correct about what would happen if attacked with EMP in the USA or anywhere for that matter.

All tech is dead, any vehicle made after 1976 is dead until made operable. Mass starvation, mass suicides. Complete and total societal breakdown in less than two weeks.
Life in any town that depends on the outside world delivering food and other supplies is absolutely and completely fucked...just fucked.
>>30297175
>Nearly all military systems, as well as a good deal of civil ones are shielded from EMP.
This post is so completely inaccurate that I honestly believe it was made by some NSA fuck trying to stop us from talking about this kind of shot
>>
>>30297140
Pretty fucked. Nuclear war would probably break out but there was some study published a while ago that showed that two strategically placed high-altitude EMPs would take out the power grid and everything electronic in the continental US.

I'm pretty sure hardened nuclear facilities would still work.
>>
>>30301956
>no one can say the author wasn't completely correct about what would happen if attacked with EMP
What? Why not?
>>
>>30297851
I bielive he was right about all the technical shot and how bad it would get. I still hate him for making the first half of the book so painful to read.

Everyone talked shit about the group of invaders as if that wouldn't be a way of life is the shit every really hit that proverbial fan. We almost have that now in our biggest cities.
>>
>>30302037
OPP! I'm glad I caught the Savior of the church of the atom.
How safe is the USA from solar activity and artificial EMP? are we fucked? Will I till be able to shitpost on /k/? Are nuke subs EMP/solar flare proof? What are the biggest nuclear risks of the next lifetime?
>>
>>30302037
Pray tell....is our national electrical grid safe from a high altitude high yield detonation?
You're not going to say that the EMP from such a burst wouldn't completely fuck 98% of civilian tech including all the refrigeration systems very our lives depend on for fresh foods..the production of more fresh foods and the fucking transportation of fresh foods and fuels?
Please explain this to me, I have all night.
>>
>>30297140
>Navy shits on whoever did it
>Allies assist us
>That book is retarded
>>
>>30302037
>>30302112
I really wasn't being sarcastic. I'm a little drunk and fed up with the current political climate, but I am genuinely interested OPP.
And you do have quite the following on /k/ mister nuke man
Eagerly awaiting your response
>>
>>30302037
>What? Why not?
So tell us where he was wrong about how serious a risk EMP poses to our nation. The author has been requested to speak before congress several times and a dozen different groups from the US DoD and in front the leaders and militarizes of nations all over the fucking world because he happens to know wtf he talks about.

Tell us why a high yield nuke set off at high altitude wouldn't crash our electric grid. Then how everything dependent on electricity wouldn't just stop fucking dead.

Then explain how 380,000,000 million people completely dependent on the food supply chain feed themselves when the food trucks stop running. Tell us how medical personal treat people for sickness and traumas when they have no supplies. Tell us how safe we are smart guy.

You're just another sad faggot who will be in the streets begging for someone to feed them when SHTF. Take a look at whats going on in Valenzuela and tell us how that shit never happens in first world nations and they sure as fuck were first world when Hugo grabbed power.

Considering you are the boards preeminent authority on all things nuke you need to back upo your post
>>
If that happens, you either have global nuclear holocaust, because nukes are EMP-protected.

That or we'd do some less crazy retaliation with our navy and the world would provide aid to the civilian sector.
>>
>>30302828
>Considering you are the boards preeminent authority on all things nuke you need to back upo your post

Which part?

The one where he asked you "what" or the one where he asked you "why not?"
>>
Your food is in a distribution center about 50 miles from you. That distribution center and the stores it serves is a 3-day supply of food.

But: It's refrigeration depends on electricty and fuel. Fuel to bring the food from 1500 miles away where it's grown, and the fuel has to be pumped to most inland destinations. Did you know Phoenix gets most of its fuel from the Port of Long Beach? How does the fuel get there? One pumping station after another. Is every electric motor EMP-safe? Nope. What about the electrical systems on those diesel trucks? Sure, the engine might run, but will the electric fan, and will the air brake system generate air pressure? What about the diesel powered reefer? What about the warehouse management system at the distribution center? How will the distribution center communicate when 90% of the cell phone grid is down? Will its employees show up to work when they live 30 miles away and their Corolla won't even turn over? If they do- how will you feed and house them. Will the forklift battery chargers in the distribution center function after an EMP attack? No- they probably will will make a little "snap" sound and turn into e-waste right there. How will you order a new one? Is the local Toyota Material Handling outlet able to function after the EMP attach? Do any of their Nissan Titan service trucks run? Nope.

Punchline: mass starvation- worse depending on when in the year it happens? Think Chicago in January, or PHX in August. It will look like a re-enactment of the Franklin Expedition, and it'll end like it too.
>>
>>30303191
So- anyway- nuke the SOBs who do the EMP attack, and anyone else who even looks like they might have had a hand in it. I'm talking some Herman Kahn-level minuteman action. Those *WILL* work after an EMP attack, as will every boomer that is available.
>>
>>30303191
>literally thinks america is the only place on the planet

You do realize this fictional nuke emp is only hitting america.

Unless you're thinking global EMP, in which case we're all fucked.
>>
>>30303258
Nope- just the US. Let's say China want's to knock off some of our square corners- two EMP attached, east and west, and they nuke our command and control network. The 12 hours later they send a message to what's left of the US Govt that says "This is not part of a larger attack. Stay out of the pacific, and don't try to retaliate. If you try to retaliate we'll nuke your 60 largest cities."

What would you do? If I was the President, or the Vice President, or the Secretary of Agriculture I might respond anyways, since many of those people will starve to death anyway, and it'll take 20 years to piece together who launched what when, and I might be dead by then anyway. But that's just me.
>>
>>30303065
>Which part?
>The one where he asked you "what" or the one where he asked you "why not?"

He implied someone who is respected world wide on the topic is wrong about the conclusions he draws. Conclusions which will play out sooner or later IN YOUR LIFE TIME. Everyone who knows a fucking thing knows saying a solar eruption not only can wreck our power grid it will isn't some tinfoil conspiritard crap. In the hundred years before we were dependent on the kind of technology that permeates our lives we were hit by solar storms several times that would simply crush us now. The solar storms haven't changed... the tech has. Can't you fucktards understand that?

Our power grid is held together with shoestrings and pretending it isn't is fucking suicide. Not taking steps to prepare for the day it takes the big shit is suicide as well.
>>
File: 20160509_202106-1_resized.jpg (729KB, 1346x928px) Image search: [Google]
20160509_202106-1_resized.jpg
729KB, 1346x928px
>>30299873
>>
SJWs will have a fit because they wouldn't be able to post on Reddit and Tumblr.
>>
File: 20160509_202136-1_resized.jpg (636KB, 1345x929px) Image search: [Google]
20160509_202136-1_resized.jpg
636KB, 1345x929px
>>30299873
>>
File: 1369129451107.jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1369129451107.jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>30297140
Will not happen, technology is no longer an expendable resource.
>>
File: transformermap-1.jpg (156KB, 1214x872px) Image search: [Google]
transformermap-1.jpg
156KB, 1214x872px
>>30303343
Look at the distribution of high voltage transformers. If the East Coast got hammered,that would cause a big enough problem,because there's only 4 grids in the U.S.
>>
File: powergridsystem.jpg (48KB, 580x490px) Image search: [Google]
powergridsystem.jpg
48KB, 580x490px
>>30303343
>>
>>30297140
Speak of the devil. I just watched the new Red Dawn. Its not a good movie...but purely for entertainment purposes.
>>
>>30303343

That's fucking retarded. We would level China and then rebuild. Sureñ unfortunately a lot of people would die, but the immense amount of international aid from pretty much everyone on earth worth noting would help offset the lack of industrial base.

What you fail to realize is that China's nuclear arsenal is a fucking joke, and if they decided to launch just 2 nukes at us we could probably shoot them down and we'd immediately retaliate, decapitating their nuclear and conventional C&C structure.

If a nuclear country could make the US go away with no retaliation, don't you think that.. I dunno, someone would've done it?
>>
>>30298460
>who need a stock pile when you have fleshlights
>>
>>30297569
>http://empcommission.org/

great link. and?

the us strategic weapons arsenal and every single core communication service has been emp protected since it was known to be a thing. remember how they planned to fight a nuclear fucking war?

anyone who tries to use a nuke emp against the us is fucking done. better use the blast instead. a non-nuke emp is a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>30301956
>This post is so completely inaccurate that I honestly believe it was made by some NSA fuck trying to stop us from talking about this kind of shot

actually the report some nigger posted in the start of this thread, to support the position that emp == death for america, says the exact opposite.
>>
>>30302159
>Pray tell....is our national electrical grid safe from a high altitude high yield detonation?

it's called massive nuclear retaliation. which is what happens when you detonate a nuke above the united states.
>>
>>30305321
>a non-nuke emp is a waste of everyone's time.
But that's wrong stupid.

Using as few as three high yield nukes in high altitude burst would cripple the entire country. It would send the nation and it's 360,000,000 inhabitants back to subsistance farming ear in the blink of an eye. What that truly translates to is a mass starvation that MIGHT leave 10% of the population struggling for survival a year later.

Tell me how that is pointless for our enemies.
>>
>>30305377
The guaranteed retaliation has nothing to do with the fact our grid is a shit and EMP would destroy it to the point that by the time we repaired if... if we could even begin to repair it.... over 300,000,000 people would have died horrible deaths

Whether or not we respond has nothing to do with what we have been discussing ITT.

And as hard to read One Second After was his scenario is in fact the exact way our best and brightest have said a successful first strike could be carried out against us. We are not invulnerable anon. Stop thinking we can't get whooped.
>>
>>30305470
>But that's wrong stupid.

no, it's completely right.

>Using as few as three high yield nukes in high altitude burst would cripple the entire country.

so we're back on to nuke-emps again are we?

no, it would fuck up decaying civillian infrastructure, while the us nuked the opposing country to dust. because they just detonated nuclear weapons above the usa.

>Tell me how that is pointless for our enemies.

because the consequences for their own country would be far greater.

you seem to be confused.
>>
>>30305524
>The guaranteed retaliation has nothing to do with the fact our grid is a shit and EMP would destroy it to the point that by the time we repaired if... if we could even begin to repair it.... over 300,000,000 people would have died horrible deaths

it does, because that is what would stop it from happening in the first place. and your fatality estimate is masturbatory in the extreme.

what you fail to understand is that the nuclear detonations from the massive retaliation would also inflict emps on the enemy as well. just a lot more than three, while it obliterated all their critical infrastructure. which kind of makes the emp redundant but you don't seem to be a deep thinker so you probably need that spelled out for you.
>>
>>30297771
I remember that storm.

i was at the Earle c job corps center when it happened. shit was two days of chaos until they could secure evac for everyone.

imagine total infrastructure failure at an isolated site filled to the brim with criminal nigs from every corner of the southeast...shit was amazing.
>>
>>30305537
>so we're back on to nuke-emps again are we?
>>30297140
>What will happen if some enemy power (China, russia) uses a EMP over america?
What do you mean back to that...it's the threads OP you fuck.
>what you fail to understand is that the nuclear detonations from the massive retaliation would also inflict emps on the enemy as well
While being trus this has not a fucking thing to do with OP's topic. That our infrastructure is completely vulnerable to EMP.
Stop trolling
>>30305584
To bad they didn't let you all die.
>>
>>30305812
>To bad they didn't let you all die.

for the most part, they didn't have any say in what happened one way or another.
security was outnumber, probably 100:1. the center essentially burned the whole time what with all the chimping going on...evac was more so for the sake of the surrounding community, because once the center had been looted clean, 3000 angry, bored, starving, half frozen nigs would have turned their sights on nearby Morganfield.
>>
>>30305995
>turned their sights on nearby Morganfield.
And Morganfield would have turned their sights on them. The sights of their Ar's and AK's that is. LMFAO they would have been taught one hell of a lesson.

You notice how there is never any looting in predominantly white areas in natural disasters. Of course just pointing out a fact like that makes me a racist bastard I guess.
>>
>>30301956
>any vehicle made after 1976 is dead until made operable
No they aren't you tard, there was extensive testing done on vehicles as late as 2001. Literally the worst thing that would happen is that it would shut off and require a normal restart as if it had stalled. And that was only like two or three cars in the entire experiment. Most were completely unaffected and some simply had shit like the dash lights flash on and off.
>>
File: 1465733071169.jpg (74KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1465733071169.jpg
74KB, 400x387px
How scary are solar flares OPP?
>>
>>30306106
>And Morganfield would have turned their sights on them. The sights of their Ar's and AK's that is. LMFAO they would have been taught one hell of a lesson.

morganfield's population is comparable to eccjca's, but only 9.3% is "military aged", and only 34% is what I'd qualify as "able body aged"...and half of those would be women. so you're looking at 500 pampered rural folk staving off twice their number (at least) of hardened criminals who would be used to constant endemic warfare. assuming they're armed (and statistically, only half of them would be), they'd still be hard pressed, and it wouldn't be pretty overall.

>You notice how there is never any looting in predominantly white areas in natural disasters.

looting doesn't happen in white areas because there are no blacks. in Union county Kentucky, though, you have 3000 military aged blacks who could hop their invisible fence at any moment.

>Of course just pointing out a fact like that makes me a racist bastard I guess.

your racism doesn't bother me. after all, I went to job corps...
>>
>>30305812
and what the aim is to target the grid during an emp strike wouldnt the enemy realise that something was missing
>>
>>30306177
And you bought that bullshit propaganda? Then why do we spend millions and millions to harden everything from planes to tanks to boats from EMP if it's so fucking easy to restart shit.

How can you be that dumb anon....please tell me you're trolling cause I'm gonna feel bad that you are that stupid.

>>30306217
>wouldnt the enemy realise that something was missing
Wait...what? This makes my brain hurt.
>>
>>30306277
modern but old cars without a lot of electronics might stall while driving down the road, but still work.

newer cars would probably not function properly
>>
>>30297140
Everbody on /k/ should read "Alas, Babylon".

It's about the best you can hope for if you are not living in zones near the bomb site or the winds and water has brought radioactive materials to your area.

I live in SoCal the largest concentration of military and industry on the west coast, so I'm fucked, if I don't get vaped, I'll definately get radiation poisoning.
>>
>>30305812
>What do you mean back to that...it's the threads OP you fuck.

i can see you're a special kind of guy.

>>30305470
>a non-nuke emp is a waste of everyone's time.
>But that's wrong stupid.

you are fucking dense.

>While being trus this has not a fucking thing to do with OP's topic.

literally lol, what the fuck. follow the thread you nigger.

>That our infrastructure is completely vulnerable to EMP.

some civillian infrastructure is vulnerable to emp. the nuclear deterrent infrastructure is not. given that you're talking about nuclear emp, the fact that it does nothing to the deterrent infrastructure means oh look, it's fucking nothing. i spelled that out in my posts above. you must therefore be retarded.

>Stop trolling

stop being a retarded cunt.

>>30306277
>And you bought that bullshit propaganda?
>Everything that disagrees with me is a lie.

i see you can't actually stop being a retarded cunt.

fuck off and die in a pool of your own mediocrity, you worthless, retarded cunt.
>>
File: xepkjmxgnhq1agvsyr5f.jpg (74KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
xepkjmxgnhq1agvsyr5f.jpg
74KB, 800x611px
>>
>>30306854
I'm right outside the edge of the inner circle. How fucked am I?
>>
>>30306356
>Everbody on /k/ should read "Alas, Babylon".
I have that sitting here, going to read it this weekend while I crack a bottle of Macallan 15.

Did you read One Second After? Man but the first half of that was slooooow.

>>30306841
Wow, getting trolled by an ausfaggot.

Listen here shitcunt, everything I posted is factual, shitcunt and furthermore go put another shrimp on the barbie, shitcunt and harden the fuck up shitcunt...mate.
>>
>>30306942
>Wow, getting trolled by an ausfaggot.

cunt is universal. it's not even an originally australian word. just ask seth mcfarlane.

>Listen here shitcunt, everything I posted is factual,

mo, everything you posted is fucking retarded, because you are a retarded cunt.
>>
>>30306982
Find one thing that I posted which is incorrect and I'll eat a large can of vegemite...k matie?
>>
>>30307023
Not him, but you said the entire powergrid would be fucked, which is false.

Even in a direct hit, the midwest and south would be reletively fine due to not haveing a total reliance on transformers.
>>
>>30307023
>our infrastructure is completely vulnerable to EMP

how about that one right there

i can't tell if you're the nigger that said that everyone would die in the us but you seem to be a fucking nigger so i'm just going to assume, and you're so fucking retarded that you think someone is going to try and game an emp with high altitude nukes. so between all of this it's pretty obvious you're a retarded cunt.
>>
File: 1346180816722.gif (126KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1346180816722.gif
126KB, 160x120px
>what if we got nuked?
>well, we'd nuke them back 10x harder, so anyone would be an idiot for trying to do that
>civilians would still die!
>yeah, well whoever bombed us would not just be dead but erased
>that's nothing to do with the question!
>it has everything to do with the question, mutually assured destruction is very important preventative factor in preventing nuclear warfare. if emps were wonder monsters that are unstoppable, someone would have used them already. also, you have to consider that our navy would have to be targeted too, considering they are armed with nukes as well, good luck with that
>b-but nuke emps are super weapons that the west can't hope to defeat!

I don't know if it's OP, but these EMP alarmists are retards.
>>
>>30307047
>>30307077
But I'mcorrect about the effects of high altitude bursts from high yield nukes. You should read a fucvkingbook about it. You do understand that back in the 50's when we were doing air testing all power was locally produces ...right guys? I mean you understand what we have to day can't be copmpared to the research data wqe have for this.

I'll say ot again. The people who spend their lives learning, teaching and planning for worst case scenarios say that the EMP threat to our national power grid is complete and may only take a few high altitude detonations.

It doesn't matter how many times you post saying otherwise, it will remain a constant. Like 2+2=4. Deal with it already.
> due to not haveing a total reliance on transformers.
Holy shit you're a dumb one.
>>
>>30307112
>I don't know if it's OP, but these EMP alarmists are retards.
It's not like we walk around wrapped up in tinfoil anon. We just know the score and will tell a motherfucker what we know to be true.

It's like the people who say solar flares pose no real risk.
Holy purple spotted peanuts, the only reason that the risk isn't serious is because solar flares that big are very rare, not that flares of that size aren't possible and in fact they have happened in the last century. There were solar flares lasting over a week during ww2 that fucked up broadcast radio off and on for days. The shit is real

The real fuckheads are those in denial over this shit, they have their heads stuck in the dirt and they are chanting.... LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING... sad.
>>
>>30307259

One of the largest solar flares ever smacked into Earth and fucked with Quebec for a little bit. The only reason Quebec was messed with that bad is because the ground under Quebec is mostly solid bedrock and a lot of the power lines were improperly grounded or not at all, meaning the surge was unable to diffuse into the ground as designed.

I promise the energy that smacked us from that was much, much larger than any nuclear bomb.

See, the problem is that for any sizeable effect to happen, you have to have enough circuitry or wiring to make a big enough antenna to catch a large enough charge to affect anything. A smartphone doesn't have that much of a cross section, neither do transformers, really, especially if they're properly grounded. Power lines, yeah, some lines will go down, especially, again, ones that are poorly grounded or in areas with rocky ground.

It is a threat, but something that might fuck with some of the infrastructure for days/weeks, less with effective international response, is not near as big a deal as having your country reduced to radioactive ash.
>>
>>30302159
>is our national electrical grid safe from a high altitude high yield detonation?
For the most part. Some large sections will go down and may be down for an extended period of time.

>You're not going to say that the EMP from such a burst wouldn't completely fuck 98% of civilian tech including all the refrigeration systems very our lives depend on for fresh foods..the production of more fresh foods and the fucking transportation of fresh foods and fuels?

Thats exactly what Im telling you.
>Please explain this to me, I have all night.
Ok.
In short, the systems you describe will be fine.
>>
>>30302828
>The author has been requested to speak before congress several times and a dozen different groups from the US DoD and in front the leaders and militarizes of nations all over the fucking world because he happens to know wtf he talks about.
You think that people who are called to speak to the government always know what they are talking about?

Just curious.
>>
>>30307231
>Not using any form of evidence
>Using Ad-Homiem attacks only the entire time
Opinion discarded
>>
File: 1444782325920.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
1444782325920.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
>>30303594
>Made positive claims
>Can't back them up
>Continues to make positive claims
>Probably can't back these up either
>>
>>30308098

This. Seth Rogen talked to the Senate about alzheimer's. Seth Rogen; the guy from The Interview.
>>
>>30302828
>Tell us why a high yield nuke set off at high altitude wouldn't crash our electric grid. Then how everything dependent on electricity wouldn't just stop fucking dead.
Everything? No.
A lot of stuff? Sure. As the power grid fails, things that rely on it will stop working. The difference is that you believe that once it's down it stays down for an extended period. While some parts may, most sections will be back up in a few days.

>Then explain how 380,000,000 million people completely dependent on the food supply chain feed themselves when the food trucks stop running.
EMP does not damage modern vehicles.
The damage caused by EMP is proportional to the length of the conductor in the field. Short conductors, like the wires and transistors in your cars ECM will produce very small voltage changes. Even the direction the car (and for that matter power transmission lines) are facing in relation to the propagating pulse will affect the impact on it.

>Tell us how medical personal treat people for sickness and traumas when they have no supplies. Tell us how safe we are smart guy.
Oh we aren't safe.
It will kill thousands of people and the US will have a difficult road to recovery.
But it is not the apocalyptic scenario people believe it to be.
>You're just another sad faggot who will be in the streets begging for someone to feed them when SHTF.
I guess if I leave my home and land and wander around aimlessly, that might happen.

>Take a look at whats going on in Valenzuela and tell us how that shit never happens in first world nations and they sure as fuck were first world when Hugo grabbed power.
Socialism is a hell of a political system.

>Considering you are the boards preeminent authority on all things nuke you need to back upo your post
For sure.
>>
>>30307997
>See, the problem is that for any sizeable effect to happen, you have to have enough circuitry or wiring to make a big enough antenna to catch a large enough charge to affect anything. A smartphone doesn't have that much of a cross section, neither do transformers, really, especially if they're properly grounded. Power lines, yeah, some lines will go down, especially, again, ones that are poorly grounded or in areas with rocky ground.
I should have read this first and saved some time.
This is correct.
>>
File: 877108.png (237KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
877108.png
237KB, 512x384px
>>30308166

This offends me. Everyone knows a single nuke from Glorious People's Republic of China will destroy Nippon dog and American Imperialist.

This is why Glorious People's Republic of China has no power to most of telling country, to defend from EMP. Glorious People's Republic of China is not poor, merely prepared for war!

We should all invest in Chinese stocks to prepare for the inevitable rise of People's Republic and fall of American Imperialist.
>>
File: Virginia (SSN 774).jpg (2MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Virginia (SSN 774).jpg
2MB, 3000x2400px
>>30297140
oh hi
>>
File: 1440780684355.jpg (26KB, 432x551px) Image search: [Google]
1440780684355.jpg
26KB, 432x551px
>>30308183

>when Oppenheimer (you)s you as an example

This happens quite frequently, I pride myself in not being retarded.

Plus, we all know how to prevent serious effects from EMP attacks. Pic related.
>>
File: 1446452082084.gif (15KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446452082084.gif
15KB, 266x400px
>>30308195

Since when are we talking about Jews OR gun control in this thread? Get the fuck out and never return.
>>
File: 1445652599810.jpg (69KB, 364x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445652599810.jpg
69KB, 364x400px
>>30308214
It's probably just the guy that Oppy's BTFOing trying to draw attention away from said BTFOing.

On a side note, have you ever noticed that people who don't know dick always refer to muh "tech"? Every instance of that word in this thread is contained in that guys posts with the exception of another dude who also doesn't know dick. I see it all the time in power armor threads, spider tank threads, and every other manner of machine thread where people regularly talk out of their asses.
>>
>>30308239

To most people "tech" is handwavium. It's an excuse, not an argument.

Like somehow military procurement and R&D is like a fucking Civilization tech tree.

>all we need to do is put points into nuclear fusion and advanced alloys
>boom! Power Armor!

Most people actually think it works like that, not realizing that years and decades of materials research and application experiments are what yield progress.

Most people think
>we need to research X to get to Y
Because that's what pop culture and gaming push, when really it's
>wow! Look at this graphene shit! What can we do with it?
>>
>>30308239
>power armor threads are usually informative. it's always the mech threads that devolve into sci fi pseudo science.
>>
>>30308267
Whoops, didn't mean to greentext.
>>
File: 1463317530960.png (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463317530960.png
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>30307231
>>30307259

Using nuclear weapons for EMPs is beyond wasteful and utterly moronic when considering retaliation for striking countervalue targets.The impact on US nuclear forces would be negligible (reasonably assuming US nuclear forces do not rely solely on the national grid).

Not only would your EMP attack have to overcome some these defences (see pic), meaning you'd be firing a number that would be able to survive and still be effective. As soon as you launch and the US confirms that these are weapon launches, they would have already begun preparing and launch/sortieing counter strikes to prevent further launches.
>>
>>30308267
>>30308271
I'm not sure that I'd call power armor threads informative, there are way too many people here who think that Halo's armor is even mildly realistic.
>>
File: 1464750910862.jpg (227KB, 432x440px) Image search: [Google]
1464750910862.jpg
227KB, 432x440px
>>30307231

I agree that the civilian power network would be fucked. However, the Military knows about high altitude EMP and has hardened the fuck out of their electronics in the triad.

The reason the don't update their electronics to newer stuff (e.g. why they still use things like floppy disks) is because the electronics they use are made of "dangerous and unhealthy" materials that withstand significant amounts of gamma rays and x-rays. They still test their electronics to this day in places like little mountain, white sands, etc.

The nuke silos are all equipped with electrical surge protection from the power grid and their own generators to maintain power afterwards.

The reason the military made our triad so hardened is so we can nuke back. This is why no country has ever tried a high-altitude burst against us; they know we'll fuck them right back.
>>
>>30308284

Jesus, how many times does it need to be said, civil infrastructure would be more or less fine within weeks. Most of it would be fine within hours or days.

Not to mention, even if it was as effective as people state, it's more suicidal than a direct attack. You can't aim EMPs, so if it really was as bad as people make it, the sending country would be no more forever.

>China EMPs the US
>Canada gets hit
>UK and US nuke China to death

>Russia EMPs Ukraine
>Europe affected
>France, UK, USA nuke Russia

>China EMPs India
>Pakistan and fucking China are affected
>China nukes itself because an ambitious general seizes the now assembled weapons normally kept in seperate pieces to prevent just this

The first time China assembles a warhead, delivery system, and launcher is the day the Chinese Communist Party ceases to exist.
>>
I reckon some electronics would stop working.
>>
>>30306177
Just so you know,the vehicles that were tested by the commission were borrowed from the government car pool,and had to be returned in working order.
So when they "tested" them,they had to stop the test at the first sign of an issue. They never got to nuke level emp. So that claim of minimal damage isn't right.
>>
File: 1388958669575.jpg (608KB, 2000x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1388958669575.jpg
608KB, 2000x1384px
>>30306356
Welp....
>>
Last time I checked my gunz don't run on batteries.
>>
>>30308552
Someone left their bacon on the slides again?
>>
>>30299071
Yes, please, if not for anything else, let an emp or other disaster happen so that we can legally shoot coons trying to loot our shit.
>>
>>30307112
Too bad Jihadis probably wouldn't care if they got wiped off the map if it still meant being able to get one lucky hit on the US.
>>
>>30308552
So does this mean I'm safe living in Oregon?
>>
>>30304055
What the hell is eating your books?
>>
>>30297140
>EMP overcharges power stations
>Or not
>Fuse saves the day

Now, if it hit our geostationary satellites, we'd be fucked, but as anons said, most military equipment is NBC and EMP proof, and a fuse will just prevent the overload.
>>
>>30297771
Similar to our big ice storm in Quebec '98. I remember it was about 3 weeks without power.
>>
>>30308552
>Live in Washington DC suburbs.

I never had a chance did I.
>>
File: 1465750140541.gif (159KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1465750140541.gif
159KB, 300x169px
> tfw OPP ignored your questions
> Tfw the hero /k/ needs didn't see my questions as important enough to dignify with a response
Awww... man....
>>
>>30308983
That's a good question.

if Oppenheimer is still here

wouldn't thousands of nukes potentially change air currents?

i don't know shit about nukes or air currents so pls be gentle on my ass.
>>
>>30308983
Yes.

>>30309465
Nope

>>30309519
Sorry. Sometimes I dont see the questions, other times I may not be able to answer them or I may not be able to give it the depth of an answer the questions deserve because of a lack of time.

What was your question?

>>30309603
>wouldn't thousands of nukes potentially change air currents?
Not long term.
Large ones can effect the local pattern due to thermal effects but it is not long term.
>>
>>30297569
>Avon
Did you fix that road yet? People wouldn't shut up about it a while ago.
>>
>>30308195
I would recommend either going to >>>/pol/ or one of the many gun control bait threads that are still up for some reason
>>
>>30309874
>>30302112
Mainly how effective sunspots and solar flares would be in destroying electronic infrastructure, and disabling nuke subs.
>>
>>30297140
>The entire Southwest dies of heat stroke

That's one thing to consider, or mass migration of the ones who can manage to make it out of those hellhole states.
>>
>>30303343
China has like 260 nukes

US has almost five thousand

You really think that's a realistic scenario?
>>
>>30307997
>It is a threat, but something that might fuck with some of the infrastructure for days/weeks,
Take a minute and think about what happens on the eastern seaboard when there is no food or running water for 5or 10 days. We're not talking about a tsunami hitting a population center with 600,000 people. We're talking about tens of millions of desperate people with empty stomachs.
The chaos that creates alone would stop any repairing efforts dead in their tracks. Many simply can't understand that our emergent response systems will be utterly overwhelmed and very quickly.

Once a disaster gets big enough that X% of the people stop eating it turns into the purge meets the great depression and a huge part of our population won;t give a fuck about killing to feed themselves. .
>>
>>30303343
That would not go well for the Chinese.
>>
>>30297140
I'd be more worried about your government burger
>>
>>30306277
>Then why do we spend millions and millions to harden everything from planes to tanks to boats from EMP if it's so fucking easy to restart shit.
Because there's a big fucking difference between your car stalling and a fucking plane stalling you idiot.
>>
>>30311929
Yeah, we'd probably get lost on the way to the control room or eat the codes. Russians would be to drunk to launch anything and the Chinese missiles would fail because they'd be too corroded by air pollution.
>>
>>30311836

Want to know something? It wouldn't be the entire eastern seaboard. Want to know another thing? Hurricane Sandy was literally hundreds of magnitudes worse than any EMP on civil infrastructure, and they turned out fine. Like I said, there will be damage, hundreds, maybe thousands will die, but not hundreds of thousands. Especially vulnerable people that need daily medications that require constant resupply or refrigeration, like insulin dependant diabetics, people with MS, people on O2, some people on nitroglycerin that ate in low supply.

Even then, people in REALLY bad shape that are already in the hospital would probably be fine. Sure, hospitals would be inundated, but military response would be to almost immediately start airlifitng supplies, generator fuel, and peacekeepers to especially affected hospitals.

The areas that will be affected for periods longer than days will simply have supplies airlifted in to sustain the local population. Remember, just because there's no power doesn't mean the infrastructure itself has been damaged.

The looting wouldn't even be as bad as Sandy or Katrina, because the police would still be able to mount an effective response, sure, they would be tired, but even with no power the police are going to be out on patrol, probably in force.
>>
>>30308069
>For the most part. Some large sections will go down and may be down for an extended period of time.
And what the people who write the action plans know is that other then Texas our national grid is monolithic, it's not a bunch of individual units and when there is a major strain on part, or if part is make inoperable the rest goes like dominoes.

It would be easier for me to be taken seriously but my career couldn't withstand getting doxed here by the little faggots who hate us having nice things. I know what I'm talking about, I work on making things better and stronger in the national power grid. We are living on a prayer that it doesn't crash every time the temperature doesn't start hitting record highs over ;large parts of the country, it;s that bad.
The massive power outage in 2002 was a great big wake up call over the truth about how a small cascade of failure could kill large nets of our grid for days and weeks. I was cutting my teeth in the industry then and found myself in the right place at the right time to play a real part in restructuring the grid and creating better defenses again another one and I'm telling you and everyone else we are never more than two or four failures away from SHTF. This is the truth whether you want to believe or not.
I don't care. My deep freezers will stay deeply frozen and our water pump will keep pulling water out of old mother earth. I suggest you fags start making that the deal for yourselves somehow. It's going to be a hot hot summer.
>But it is not the apocalyptic scenario people believe it to be.
Say that when the food runs out and the emergency responders run back home to care for their families. It is exactly that bad.
>In short, the systems you describe will be fine.
I disagree about that but men can disagree without being disagreeable
>>
>>30297140
Look up "Inverse Square Law"
>>
>>30308183
>A smartphone doesn't have that much of a cross section
The cell tower system they need which also provides most of the wifi we use sure does. What good it that handset with no service, >...neither do transformers, really,
What good is an open shared network when 10% of it isn't grounded. You're missing the bigger picture. Say there are a dozen cities that have good delivery systems...where are they going to get more juice from when the places that they buy from out fucked for a month or two. The failure in 2002 was small compared to what it could and even should have been and places were with out power for weeks. What happens when those places cover 40% of the US or even more. It's called a catastophic failure for a reason.

I know I sound like chicken little or Alex Jones with the doomsday situations I talk about but remember this. The people who are responsible for the high power wires and the plants that make the juice are scared. They are scared and have kept a tight lid on this shit.
If EMP were there minor nuciense people make it sound like why do our military aircraft cost a hundred million now, why is a substantial part of our military budget set aside to harden our bases and equipment. Just follow the money then get your own houses in order. That is my single and entire goal...to get anons to wake up so they aren't in a FEMA food line when it happens. .
>>
>>30312520

>I know what I'm talking about, trust me

Okay Dolan Trumb

>faggots
>gags

Yup, you sure are smart

>talks like a prepper

Nah dude, it's fine. Look at Quebec '89. The infrastructure would he mainly fine, the lines, however, would need to be spot fixed and some especially large transformers with large amounts of line running to them without being properly grounded would need to be repaired or replaced, that would take time.

See, every single utility company routinely buys power from neighboring companies. If you're not producing at 100% and there's a spike at 6PM when people are getting home it's cheaper to buy some power from the company next door that is overproducing than it is to start up 2 or 3 entire power turbines to generate.

This happens literally dozens of times a day, and each section of the grid has the capacity to produce more than necessary for their region to help plug gaps in power production, so it's not crazy to assume that the areas with power could pipe electricity to areas deprived of it, as long as the lines are intact.

>hot weather, miracle etc.

Yeah in my state the temperature fluctuates from a low of -10 F in hehe winter to 116 F in the summer, and we've literally never had a temperature related outage. Wind, yeah, we've lost lines to wind, but not temperature.

>inb4 b-b-but you don't have to believe me, kid, I'm an #expret.

I work with the Civil Emergency Management Council for the central part of my state, which consists of police, fire, EMS, utilities, planners, and politicians foe the area, and we have a lot of tornadoes, so it sees a lot of service. We're prepared for literally anything.
>>
>>30312632

>2002

Okay fucking stop, it was 2003, which leads me to believe you're less someone who went through it and more someone who is parroting information, and it was caused by shitty software because the company was cheap and didn't update shit. People got fired for that, it was a software and oversight issue, not infrastructure.

Moreover, the 2003 blackout had some areas up within hours, 90% within two days, and some extremely rural areas up in a week.

>why do this cost more?

Because more advanced materials and asking inflation. Jets do more and and are made of cooler stuff, it has literally nothing to do with EMP hardening. That's a red herring argument and you should be ashamed.

>FEMA food lines

Isn't this a good thing? If FEMA is able to set up food lines and keep people in affected areas fed that's a massive success and points to an effective response. Good for FEMA *and* hungry people.
>>
>>30297140
Unbelievably fucked. Would knock out 95% of all time offensive and defensive capability and 90% of all communications.

It's the Achilles heel
>>
>>30312520
>I know what I'm talking about
So do I.
>>
>>30312754

Read the thread retard. You are precisely 0% right.
>>
File: 1463242680776.png (366KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1463242680776.png
366KB, 600x726px
>>30312754
>Would knock out 95% of all time offensive and defensive capability and 90% of all communications.
>>
>>30308239
>It's probably just the guy that Oppy's BTFOing trying to draw attention away from said BTFOing.
Not me. I don't into /pol/ ever. And I'm not getting BTFO of anything anon. You just don't know whats factual and whats assumed ITT. Sorry for you.
>>30308239
>dude who also doesn't know dick
I know something you don't anon. I know all the hundreds of billions of dollars spent "hardening" poor shit against the magnetic pulse made in that burst has never been tested on anything with a real fucking nuke pulse. How do you like that. Now what motherfucker.Now what else are you going to tell me I don't know cause I know that is a fact and you didn't.
>>
>>30313020

>I KNOW ALL THE THINGS
>I HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER HOPE YO COMPREHEND

Chill the fuck out. You're wrong but that's okay. It's okay to learn from a thread and take that information for later use. You don't have to admit you're wrong, I don't expect that, but I do expect your input to be more informed and useful in the next nuke thread.
>>
>>30306177
>No they aren't you tard, there was extensive testing done on vehicles as late as 2001

This is a lie. Why would you post such a blatant lie. Modern..later than 1975.. electrical equipment has never been tested with a magnetic pulse created by a nuclear detonation. Stop spreading this fudd liar.

Though we can have a very high degree of certainty that out most important military hardware would continue working if it were to get bathed on a significant pulse we don't truly know about all the gadgets and toys including the circuits in our cars and such. We do know with complete confidence that if as few as three high yield nukes were detonated in the right spats at the right altitude our nation wide power grid would be kill, plain and simple and the unseeing chaos of providing immediate care for tens of millions of people would cause a serious delay in repairing that grid which leads to more starving masses causing more chaos...rinse repeat on and on.

I never the USA's version of the "Sampson option" would not be fully activated..I am only talking about what happens inside of the continental USA, that's all. I also happen to be right.

So instead of busting my balls think about what steps you can take now to make yourself as comfortable as possible during the 6 to 9 months when life complete suffering for every one else. Can you just understand that anon.

The whole purpose for my posts is to wake up my fellow anons to the fact that a day is coming where you will have no one else to count on but you and a few close friends.

Why does trying to get the faggots I spend my time with on this board woken to the concept of being able to provide for themselves for six or even 12 months such a flash point of buthurt.,

DO you all think Oppenheimer doesn't have supplies to provide a small level of comfort for himself and his loved ones? This is all I am trying to accomplish. I don't understand why it causes so much fucking butthurt.,
>>
>>30308756
Christ Bill, this is a place of work not your fucking kitchen.

The Secretary is going to be fucking pissed.
>>
>>30312401
>Especially vulnerable people that need daily medications that require constant resupply or refrigeration, like insulin dependant diabetics, people with MS, people on O2, some people on nitroglycerin that ate in low supply.

if a nation state does that to americans i shudder to think about the shear mind numbing righteous ferocity of an american counter attack. the president could burn the entire asian continent down to the mantle and the populace would cheer them on.

anyone who has had to watch a family member inevitably die over days because of the actions of a foriegn power will wave that flag until they've drunk their full of enemy blood.
>>
>>30313074

Are you the guy who stopped responding to >>30312663 >>30312735 ?

You talk like him, which means you still haven't refuted my points.

The honest truth is that we already experienced more energy than a nuke, Quebec, '89. We were fine. We're better off now because we know what EMPs can do. In the wake of that many companies installed new breakers and improved the ones we already had, this is good.

Nukes < sun
>>
>>30312520
>cutting my teeth

you mean lying through your teeth
>>
File: 1464610647152.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1464610647152.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>30313020
>I know something you don't anon.

It sure ain't proper formatting
>>
>>30312780
>I know what I'm talking about
>So do I.
You are an encyclopedia of knowledge on nukes from a military strand point but you knowledge and experiance with our enerfy distribution metworks doesn't begin to compare with mine.

I have mebver questioned our ability to provide counter attacks, senond stage counter attacks and long delayed strikes. We have the best most modern nuculear weapons arsenal onth eplanet.

I'm talking about stateside power networks and the things our civillian population simply can'tlive with out for ever a week. Once our incredibal yet incredibly delicate food distribution network fails there will be 360,000,000 million hungry people . This is undeniable.

I have seen the hail mary action reports and they are abysmal at bets. The very longest they expect to keep control is a week and few people who spend their lives planning for the inevitable belie it will be take even that long before it all falls apart.

I know you know people in the comand and control of our ICMB fleet. You know even they understand that after a few weeks they will be left to their own. Why is it so fucking hard to understand we, as the civilian population would be left to our own even sooner.

This is what I want to get across, this is the thing I believe is most important of all. No one can deny that day is coming, we can only prepare for it now, now is the only time we have.
>>
>>30313116

And that's why you don't. Millions of dead is a tragic statistic, watching the especially vulnerable waste away is an atrocity, and does nothing to the Military Age Males that are now willing to fight and die for the sole reason of bayonetting tiny yellow people.

That NEET who does nothing but play WoW all day and drink Code Red Mountain Dew? Yeah, he's going to the gym 5 days a week so he can kill foreigners that made him watch his grandma slowly die over the course of a week.

The same goes for every single person in America. Atomic hellfire would engulf anything of value, and the survivors would be purged from the face of telling earth.

I honestly believe we would chase the citizens of the country to extinction. Vietnam doesn't want to give up refugees hiding in the Chinese embassy? They fucking better.

Thailand allowing Chinese ships to dock at their ports? God have mercy.
>>
File: 786.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
786.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>30313168
>360,000,000 million
>>
>>30313168

You're wrong. Reply to my fucking posts goddamn it.

If you know so much and you know we're fucked, WHY WON'T YOU REFUTE MY FUCKING POINTS?

I'm a little pissed at how retarded you actually are. Your doom and gloom bullshit can't compete with actual, real life examples.
>>
>>30313168
you're getting less and less credible with every post.

strategic planning includes the phenomological effects of nuclear weapons. this includes emp.

the nuclear deterrent also works against magic emp shots, as has been explained to you already. whoever wears a nuclear retaliation also has to deal with the effects of emp from all those nuclear weapons coming right back at them. or do you think that they are somehow immune? not to mention the blast effects. and yet here you are thinking it's some sort of magical one way kill shot.

if you're going to try a nuke emp you are literally wasting your resources. because unless you degrade the strategic deterrent the us government is going to fucking rape you to death in retaliation. the deterrent is extremely hardend against exactly this sort of thing.

your inablitiy to grasp this fact, or any facts, makes you seem some sort of paranoid delusional, locked on to a magic bauble of your own fear.
>>
>>30313168
I am very aware of the effects of nuclear weapons as well as US civil defense plans.
The effects you are describing are largely fictional.
>You know even they understand that after a few weeks they will be left to their own.
The US has extensive plans for post strike operations for their nuclear forces. The claim that they will be abandoned is incorrect.
>>
>>30313196
yep. i would literally be in kill fucking everything mode. so would fucking everyone.

any liberal pussy that protested would do so at their own physical peril.

best not go there.
>>
>>30313271

It's kinda like the joke Reagan made in '83

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to announce I've just signed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in 5 minutes."

If we decided China no longer has a right to exist, the Han race is no more. We will surely have people in the future that will complain "maybe exterminating the Chinese was an overreaction, less than a million Americans died" but they'd be just that, historians with contrary beliefs. Just like people talk about the questionability and moral turpitude of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, people would talk about the extermination of China.
>>
>>30313073
>I KNOW ALL THE THINGS
>I HAVE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER HOPE YO COMPREHEND
Instead of acting like a 7 year old why not go and learn things. I have made a living for 13 years in this exact field and I'm right. I'm not even happy that I'm right. In fact you will never know how much I wish it wasn't like this but it is.

Bottom line anon..I just want you to wake up to the facts that there will be a day when you have only yourself to count on. Only you will be able to hand your loved ones a bowl of food and take care of a sick child. That is my only goal. Do you understand that anon, that this is a mission of love for me?

>>30313161
When you can't counter the argument attack the grammar..topkek.

>>30313198
How many Americans live in non agricultural settings anon.

This is a real number. This in fact is the number that FEMA, the NSA the American Red Cross and the DoD use in their action plans.

You tell me how many Americans have become completely dependent on the local grocery stores for their every need?

Unless you want to tell me different you're just yelling gibberish, you understand what I'm saying anon? I'm not calling you names or trolling, I'm trying to get you to wake up and get busy cause I like you and want to know I have done everything I can to get the anons I think of as friends and family in this anonymous community ready for whats coming.

Seriously, I'm posting honestly about a dire situation that we never ever hear about from our main stream media. I'm am desperately trying to wake you up to the fact that you only have NOW to make preparations to provide for yourself and you are posting silly replies.

Tell me how many Americans out of our total population have the ability top feed themselves for 6 months. Post a serious reply or kindly fuck off, no disrespect intended.
>>
File: Aku_grin.png (568KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
Aku_grin.png
568KB, 800x529px
>>30313383
>argument
>Now what motherfucker.Now what else are you going to tell me I don't know cause I know that is a fact and you didn't.
>>
>>30313222
>WHY WON'T YOU REFUTE MY FUCKING POINTS?
beautiful trips
Which points would you like me to respond to anon. I will in short order.

Please don't get so angry at me, I am coming from a place of respect and concern not a place of hostile trolling
>Your doom and gloom bullshit can't compete with actual, real life examples.
If you want real life examples of whats coming google Venezuela and learn about how they are dealing with all of their grocery stores being empty for the last 4 weeks. Learn about the hospitals and med firsts having zero of the supplies they need. Sure it was caused by the retarded fucking socialists but the end result is the same.
>>30313256
>you're getting less and less credible with every post.
I'm sorry you think I'm trolling but I'm not ta;lking about our strategic response after a EMP ore that once in a million years solar flare. I am only talking about what life becomes for the continental civilian population...nothing more. I have never pretended to know what the capabilities of our military are. I only know that what ever they are they are the single best and strongest on the planet.
>>
>>30313263
>The claim that they will be abandoned is incorrect.
OK, out of the respect you have earned over the years you have been posting here, and I say this knowing you are one of the very best trips this board has ever had and was very happy that you continued posting after the assholes doxed you.... are you telling me that the personal in the first strike silos are going to be rescued in the weeks after they launch? Please don't try to tell me that because even though I'm not privy to a lot of the things I know you are or have been I know sure as shit stinks that every last one of our men who will tun those fucking keys someday know that once those birds fly they don't matter to any one ever again. No one is coming for them and not a single fuck is given by anyone involved especially the ones who are charged with the responsibility of sending the birds home.

Please don't try and tell me other wise.
>>
>>30313383
>>30313455

>faggot
>fag
>fags
>fuck off
>retard

All your posts are SOOOO informative.

Please, start with the '89 solar flare, then talk about production capacity.

Also, please post your credentials. Oppenheimer already has, you post yours.
>>
File: Vault full of smug.png (85KB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
Vault full of smug.png
85KB, 285x285px
>>30313383
>This in fact is the number that FEMA, the NSA the American Red Cross and the DoD use in their action plans
>360,000,000 million
>360,000,000,000,000
>360 trillion people
>>
>>30298460
/thread
>>
>>30313321
>"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to announce I've just signed legislation outlawing Russia forever. We begin bombing in 5 minutes."
Yea, I was alive for that. Ronnie did some bad things but he was a standup motherfucker. He wouldn't have hesitated to ship everything we had at Russia if it came to that. I bet Obama would say something like "why bother to retaliate, it won't save us now" Fuck I hate whats happening.
>>
>>30313455
>I'm not ta;lking about our strategic response after a EMP

But anon, the response is the thing that prevents your "fantasy" from being reality. Even the cruddy ABM defenses would be able to intercept your limited number of IBCMs/MIRVs/warheads.
>>
>>30313526

>faggot
>fag
>fags
>fuck off
>retard

>All your posts are SOOOO informative.

It's almost like I'm a person who posts on 4chan a lot

>Please, start with the '89 solar flare

What do you want to discuss concerninjg an era that has past by. Our current technology doesn;t compre to what we had in our everyday lives then. It's pure apples and oranges anon. I don't know what it is you want to to explain or prove.
>Also, please post your credentials. Oppenheimer already has, you post yours.
And we saw how that went for him.

I wish I could tell you who I am and what I do for a living but we live in a society that has been ruined by marxist assholes and I dare not expose myself to their hatred. Just hanging out in this pit of free speech and free thought would end my career. Not interested in having the socialist assholes who have all but taken over our government and soon our military knowing where I go to waste time.
>>
>>30313542
Really sweetheart, this has your jimmies spinning? Poor baby.
>>
>>30313589
You're assuming the people who would perpetrate this give a shit about waking up the next day.

The entire reason for this caliphate they are trying to create is to destroy the world.
This is the truth. These goatfuckers will have nukes and sooner rather than later. Pakistan is a goatfucker nation on the verge of losing control of their nuke arsenal. These are the realities of our lives right now.

Stop thinking everyone is afraid of death...these goatfuckers run to their deaths with smiles on their faces anon.
>>
File: 1463149848499.gif (463KB, 674x390px) Image search: [Google]
1463149848499.gif
463KB, 674x390px
>>30313638
>sweetheart
>jimmies
>baby
>Implying anyone but you is upset right now
>>
>>30313671
On a scale of 1 to air traffic controller, how drunk are you right now?
>>
File: akari-daisuki.png (58KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
akari-daisuki.png
58KB, 500x281px
>>30313671
>You're assuming the people who would perpetrate this give a shit about waking up the next day.
>The entire reason for this caliphate they are trying to create is to destroy the world.
>This is the truth. These goatfuckers will have nukes and sooner rather than later. Pakistan is a goatfucker nation on the verge of losing control of their nuke arsenal. These are the realities of our lives right now.
>Stop thinking everyone is afraid of death...these goatfuckers run to their deaths with smiles on their faces anon.

mmm'kay
>>
no power no running water diseased and the weak die by the thousands
>>
File: 1446417713927.jpg (50KB, 470x572px) Image search: [Google]
1446417713927.jpg
50KB, 470x572px
>>30313671
>Suddenly incompetent goatfuckers are the ones launching the missiles instead of a real superpower
>Suddenly the goatfuckers decide that going straight to nuclear annihilation might not be the right thing to do and that they should just kill our PS4s instead because that's enough for them to receive their virgins when they get bombed to shit in retaliation
>>
>>30313623

Your entire argument is that the infrastructure is the same as the 60's and 70's, so I want you to explain why our shitty infrastructure in '89 survived a class X-15 solar flare when you say 3 nukes (with significantly less energy) would destroy the entire system.
>>
>>30313671

Yeah, the same can be said for a lot of American soldiers. The people in charge DO care though. Even if ISIS did get a nuke, we have enough equipment in the Gulf to slap down any missile in boost phase.
>>
I'm going to screencap this post. It's for quality posts like this I visit /k/
>>
>>30313789
Make sure to get the ones about the American bloodlust if we ever went to war. That shit is honestly, in my opinion, the most interesting part here.
>>
>>30313682
Tell us where it hurts anon.

>>30313694
It'sd funny you made this post.

Ihave around 25 people over for a weekend at our families summer house right now and I have spent 70% of my time here rather than with those phony cunts. I have had some drinks but I'm no where near compromised. My supervisors and people who dole out government money are here so I dare not get greased enough to speak my mind about things someone desperately needs to speak their mind about.
Points for the air traffic controller implication anon.
>>30313718
I'm sorry you don't know about the reality of our world anon. Maybe it's better the majority are completely in the dark though I don't think that's constructive for our well being.
>>30313756
You are one of the many who don't understand these goatfuckers went to our best schools, they have a full and complete understanding of nuclear physics. Just because they sit around in robes and live live cattle herders doesn't mean they don't have the knowledge required to makes shit go BOOM. That is actually something they use to their great advantage.. our ability to disregard their true abilities.
>>
>>30314015
>Tell us where it hurts anon.

Your anus.

This much is clear.
>>
>>30313455
>I'm sorry you think I'm trolling but I'm not ta;lking about our strategic response after a EMP ore that once in a million years solar flare. I am only talking about what life becomes for the continental civilian population.

these are all the same thing.
>>
>>30314015

Solar flare '89
Solar flare '89
Solar flare '89
Solar flare '89
>>
>>30313671
>Pakistan
>High-altitude nuke above the continental united states

>>30313694
This guy is full blown PanAm
>>
>>30297140
ITT: retard no-electronics

most things are using shielded circuitry now-a-days
>>
>>30313768
>Your entire argument is that the infrastructure is the same as the 60's and 70's,

First....our entire infrastructure is basically the same as it was in the 70's anon. Are you thinking we have updated everything as we went cause we are woefully behind.

>>30313782
>Even if ISIS did get a nuke, we have enough equipment in the Gulf to slap down any missile in boost phase.

The scenario that I was talking about a hundred posts ago was the one presented in the book 'One Second After" which is universally accepted as one of the ways a very successful first strike against the US could happen. I'm saying the DoD and our best strategic thinkers feel that specific scenario n is entirely workable. Unless you say these people, the ones charged with protecting us are retarded my premise stands.
>>
My home is fully EMP shielded, so I'll just ride it out with a good e-book.
>>
>>30314127

I know, I know it is, so why didn't the fucking solar flare destroy it? Explain, for the millionth time.
>>
>>30314059
I've been around 4chan long enough to know to keep my anus prepared anon. It almost never hurts. I'll be happy to prove that for you if you like handsome.
>>30314071
Well no.
Anons are posting like it has any matter to what happens here after the EMP does it's thing.
How hard we hit back doesn't change what will go on here and in fact I have not pretended to have the knowledge other like Oppenheimer have. I post about what I know about...period. I know a bit about our tactical response ability, I know we would be launching ICBM's for weeks if not months after SHTF but it's not my area of expertise.
>>
>>30299617
Calloway County here m8
>>
>>30314127

>One Second After

Grossly overestimated the impact of EMP burst effects for impact, much like the propaganda piece "The Day After"

This is not to make it seem like a bad book, our infrastructure does need to be updated and protected, but the effects are grossly unrealistic.

>successful first strike

He worked backwards from "devastating EMP strike," for some reason "Iran shoots missile, missile gets shot down, Iran is glassed" isn't quite as big a deal or as alarmist.
>>
>>30314088
I see you hitler.
What do you want to discuss about that?
You understand our technology is completely different than it was then right.
Absolutley zero percent of our cellular network existed then. Zero of our cable network existed. What were have now simply wasn't invented yet. The internet was still maintained by the US Navy and I have clear memories of that.
WHat we had at our disposal then is a million years away from what we have now and w3hat we have now is pretty fucking delicate friend.
>>
>>30314249

Our infrastructure was the exact same basically. Why was our infrastructure not shit on?

I want to know. Why as everything fine after 11 hours?
>>
well if that happens ill see you on the other side
>>
>>30314113
You're just trolling. Leave.
>>30314115
Tell us about all these things that are shielded anon, don't be afraid to name them specifically.
>>30314146
My home is shielded as well. That has nothing to do with the fact that 85% of everything else isn't
>>30314152
>why didn't the fucking solar flare destroy it? Explain, for the millionth time.
Our technology has changed so much that now we carry cell phones that have more capacity than the computers used to send people to the fucking moon. The "tech" we had back then was so basic it was built like those unbreakable rotary phones Ma Bell gave us then. I wish I could better describe what I want to say to you but I can't. The things most of us have grown up with are no where as safe as we think they are because they depend on vast networks that are weak. The networks are weak because the corporations that build them spend the bare minimum, I have no better answer for you but my answer is valid and factual anon.

My point is the systems and hardware we had then was stronger than what we have now. Our cell phones are absolute marvels of advanced technology but the ENTIRE NETWORK THEY RELY ON is a weak piece of shit. I hope that helps you understand my points.
>>
>>30314619

No, it really doesn't. The blackout from a solar flare more powerful than any nuclear detonation caused a blackout that lasted 11 hours due to poor preparation and the Hydro-Quebec Rock Shield.

By your own """""""Expert""""""" estimation our electrical infrastructure is the same as the 70's which means that by your estimation the X-15 flare should've destroyed our entire electrical grid, correct?

I'm not talking about cell phones, I'm talking about our electrical grid, and if you turn tail and state that you're only talking about modern infrastructure then you are moving the goalposts.

Not to mention that cell phones would basically be unaffected because, again, the phones don't have enough wiring to absorb a destructive amount of energy.

Another thing you don't take into account is that because our communications infrastructure is so much larger, it is made to be much more resistant to outside interference.

So tell me, why was our power grid not fried in '89 when North America took a direct hit from a class X-15?
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 500x500px
>>30297175
>>
>>30314236
>Grossly overestimated the impact of EMP burst effects for impact, much like the propaganda piece "The Day After"
I watched the Day After live bitch, it was the most real account of nuclear war that has ever been produced
You're an ass.
The book might have sucked but the author is respected world wide for his knowledge of and opinions on EMP. The specific details about how fast we die off and how we die off were things he had gleaned from the very agencies you expect to come and save your lazy ass if shit ever rally happens.
Tell me how a nation of 380 million feed themselves when shelves stay empty at the food stores we completely depend on. Tell me what happens when our water treatment plants stop pumping potable water. Until you have answers for those two questions you should shut the fucking gaping shithole you have under your snout.

Who are you anon... what expertise to do you bring other than shitposting on an anonymous snake charming board from India.
>>
>>30314789
Your entire argument basically rests on "i read a book once"

I mean come on now.
>>
>>30314789

I don't have to come up with answers, because the damage won't he as near as complete as advertised.

The Day After, again, was a propaganda piece, it was designed to be so shocking as to deter nuclear war.

One Second After was designed to garner support for infrastructure development.

Not all propaganda is bad.

As for me? I'm a liason to our Civil Emergency Management Council. That's irrelevant though because it doesn't take a genius to see propaganda for what it is.

Also, solar flare '89
>>
>>30313519
>are you telling me that the personal in the first strike silos are going to be rescued in the weeks after they launch?
Sure.
Hollywood is a poor resource for all things nuclear.

>birds fly they don't matter to any one ever again. No one is coming for them and not a single fuck is given by anyone involved especially the ones who are charged with the responsibility of sending the birds home

Well thats simple not true.
>>
>>30314127
>universally
Ha!
>>
>>30314789
>was the most real account of nuclear war that has ever been produced
Are you kidding?
>>
>>30314876
FUCK TRUMP

FUCK HILLARY

SOLAR FLARE '89
>>
File: 1453259629420.jpg (66KB, 364x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453259629420.jpg
66KB, 364x720px
>>30298460
>power goes out
>mfw I have my fleshlight and candle stash tucked away for just this moment
>>
>>30315076

MAKE QUEBEC GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>30298460
>fleshlight with some batteries
It exists. A bit like the usual fuck machines in porn but it moves a fleshlight fuckhole thing. On a stand a bit like a microscope but bigger.

>>30303343
>If you try to retaliate we'll nuke your 60 largest cities
One of three things would happen depending.

a) the subs have already launched their strikes because the first two were assumed to be nuclear war, China is more or less glassed. At least the military and political centres are gone.
b) the remaining government decide to do the same thing and launch a partial strike on China with a message saying "This is not part of a larger attack...don't try to retaliate...or we'll nuke your next 60 largest cities"
c) Hide in bunkers and launch full nuclear strike and try to pick up the pieces afterwards because how much worse can it be
>>
>>30314997

Hey Oppenheimer, I regularly find us in agreement on things. Can I jerk you off sensually?
>>
>>30315107
But Quebec was never great anon?
>>
>>30315217
No. Thank you.
>>
>>30314892
How? Wouldnt the missile fields be fucking rekt by an assload of surface bursts? Were it airbursts, sure, in a week, rad's would subside and a helo could be sent to pluck the crews, but surface bursts? Do tell.
>>
>>30315244

You're welcome. You sure though? I mean, what if I'm a grill?
>>
>>30315258
>Wouldnt the missile fields be fucking rekt by an assload of surface bursts?
Some would.
But others would survive.

>>30315283
Married.
>>
>>30297140
Honestly though, EMPs don't exist.
>>
>>30315292

Can I sensually flick your wife's bean while jerking you off? I'm not opposed to a two-fer.
>>
File: Threegorges.png (82KB, 690x260px) Image search: [Google]
Threegorges.png
82KB, 690x260px
China has a giant river flowing through it, we break the dams and flood the country sending it into chaos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam
>>
File: butthill.png (208KB, 445x335px) Image search: [Google]
butthill.png
208KB, 445x335px
>>30314249
>zero percent of our cellular network existed then
>Zero of our cable network existed.

>Long lines and cable TV didn't exist in 1989
>>
File: 1428593418820.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1428593418820.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>30308552
>mfw im in new England
>>
>>30314682
Ok. You are asking a reasonable question in a very reasonable manner so I will try again.

The networks we have nationwide now weren't in existence back then. The millions of miles of fiber, the tens of thousands of cell towers were not even a figment of anyone imagination. Do you understand this anon?
The basic energy grid back then was small and easy. What we have now is a very ugly patchwork of independent energy production that is used from coast to coast.
In 1970 most large communities used energy produced locally, now we have a massive well the country draws from...except Texas, their grid is their own.
In 2016 there are less than three dozen huge producers of energy sharing a nation wide system of high voltage wires. This is our fatal flaw. We should have never gone national. We should have never gone more than having 3 or even 5 states dependent on each other. This is how it all falls apart.
ITT I have taken part in several completely different discussions that I have first hand knowledge of our national electrical grid.
How weak much of our hands on technology is.
How easily most vehicles would shit out after a nuke EMP.

I can't defend each argument at the same time as they each are different from the start. The national grid is strong some ways and complete chicken shit other. Our cell phonies are about the strongest most well built things we own but with out a strong shielded network being them they are door stops. We do not have strong shielded cell networks in the US, this is a fact.

Did I do anything to make you understand my points anon because I do want you to get the answers you're looking for.
>>
>>30315683
How will something with an electrical length as long as my cell phone have enough gain to hurt itself from an emp?
>>
>>30314860
No,my arguments rely on 13 years of applied science in this exact field after 8 years of education.
>>30314876
>I'm a liaison to our Civil Emergency Management Council.
Whose council anon? Which wannabe nation are you posting from? Which country with a fraction of our population and a tiny chunk of our landmass are you pretending to know a fucking thing about the shit the USA has to deal with are you telling us what's what. You fucking Eurofags boil my oil. You live in tiny easily controlled ecosystems and want to tell the single largest most populated western nations how things should be.

I'm busy trying to keep 380 million people living on 3,119,884,69 square miles of open land supplied with electricity. The fucking country has more acreage of water ... 160,820.25 square miles ... than the total mass of land in your fucking boarders.
You couldn't even begin to manage our shit you fucking silly european socialist cunts.

Now what eurocunts.I dare you to give a real response. You have so much to say while you worry about 40 or 60 million homogeneous citizens while we deal with incredibly different populations. I just love how you cunts feel you have any idea of what we are dealing with.
>>
>>30315763
It won't.
Same is true for almost every single electronic device and appliance.
The grid iself is also hardened against power levels that dwarf what an EMP could do.
It's almost like engineers sit down and think on what effects power surges and stray currents would have.
>>
File: 1290290289471.jpg (17KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1290290289471.jpg
17KB, 125x125px
>>30315819
Holy shit son, you mad
>>
>>30314892
>Sure.
>Hollywood is a poor resource for all things nuclear.
I expected a better answer than this drivel.

I'll ask again.

Are you saying the personal manning the missile silos that will be either complete our first strike or complete our first response expect to get taken to safety after they complete their mission.

I said they know that they are on their own as far as survival. How about giving a specific answer to this specific statement Oppenheimer. The thing is I know the carved in stone expectations these men have had since their mission started 60 years ago. Do you? Starting to think you are really good at researching shit online and not so much of a hands on kind of guy.
>>
>>30297140
National Guard, Red Cross, whatever other groups that have been known to help during disasters help deliver food, water, and medical aid

Niggers begin to loot and get shot in places that don't have gun control. Places that do see no difference.

The might of our gigantic navy and air force combined with NATO forces set the entire enemy country on fire.

All in all, people might grow a little brain power being separated from TV and internet for a while. Black population is slightly culled. It's a net gain, really.
>>
>>30314997
>Are you kidding?
You are really starting to look stupid. The movie was made in the 80's FFS. Tell us a better more honest version of global thermal nuclear warfare from the mid 80's or just fuck off. Don't even try and compare something made in the last couple decades to that movie.
>>
I just go to my little log cabin in the woods for a few weeks and wait it out.
>>
i dont need electricity to jerk off baby im set for weeks
>>
>>30315436
OK, you got me. the biggest urban population had soe cable then.

Now will you adnmit that 95% of the geograhic USA didn't have access to cable TV then?

Will you admit I'm 100% correct that the infrastructure I'm saying isn't protected against EMP baths didn't exist then or are you going to be some deceitful cunt?
The fucking things I'm saying are at risk TODAY from the the same type of solar storm that happened in 1989 didn't fucking exist then anon and you know they hadn't been created yet you fucking asshole.. Stop being such a fucking cunt.
>>
>>30315763
>How will something with an electrical length as long as my cell phone have enough gain to hurt itself from an emp?
Possibly not.

But what god is that piece of technology when the network it depends on is completely fried.

Do you understand what I've been saying anon. The handset is worthless when the ten thousand cell towers built nation wide just got fucked right in their asses. Our cell network would just die if a nuke went off with in 50 miles, this is a fact.
>>
>>30315819
>fresh pasta

Kek anally devested as fuck. Did somebody detonate a nuke in your ass anon?
>>
>>30315292
Would the crews be helied out or what?
Like...what do you do? How long can the crews last? What do you do if its too much rads?
>>
>>30315893
>Holy shit son, you mad
And your point is what faggot?
I get mad when some sissy from euroland pretends the shit America has to deal with is anything like equal to the minor problems those tiny eurofaggots live in. I mean come on already
>>
>>30315819

>which nation

Uh.. the United States? Well, one of the states. Federalism and such.
>>
>>30316182
>fresh pasta
Fuck you eurofag, admit you;re posting from some tiny country a small fraction of the land mass and population of the USA, you faggots always have so much to say about us but you don't deal with any of the shit we do.
Sit in your little safe pub while we pay for the nuclear arsenal that has kept you safe for 60 years you smug cunt.
>>
>>30310684
Yeah...we had all the roads open after 4 days.
It was great watching the NG give zero fucks while pushing logs onto manicured lawns,then screaming at the homeowners when they came out to crab.
>>
>>30316234
The crews accept their fates when the turn those keys and launch the birds. They are true patriots and hero's. They know the very second those ICBM's take flight they become non entities for the leaders in their nice well stocked bunkers. Oppenheimer really took a dive in respect from where I'm sitting. I know a guy who spent his time in the Air Force doing practice drills never knowing if he really was launching missiles or not. He knew that hewas dead. He knew his site would be so fucking hot that stepping outside for years would mean death. I can't believe Oppenheimer thinks they would be rescued after doing their duty, the men who did that duty know what it means.
>>
>>30316383
Bullshit, you're a complete socialist eurofaggot who has enjoyed the protection the US military has provided through the money stolen from American taxpayers since the end of ww2.
You fucking ungrateful cunts deserve the onslaught that the muslim refugees are going to bring to you. I only pray we don't send our sons to save your worthless asses again. You fucking smarmy ungrateful bastards.
>>
>>30297140

Bosnia 1995 will happen.
>>
File: 1466226330228-448388770.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1466226330228-448388770.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>30316554

Alright man... whatever you say.
>>
>>30315990
>i dont need electricity to jerk off baby im set for weeks
>i dont need electricity to jerk off baby

is that how long your lube reserves will last? why cant you use lard?

Also shouldn't the mother of the child be doing that stuff? it seems kinda gay man.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 640x960px
Ham operators are smiling at this thread.

Also there would be localized chaos but an overwhelming sense of nationalism to crush the threat. Kinda like Pearl Harbor

This is more of a question for Oppenheimer; i haven't seen many of his threads recently. Watch for them
>>
>>30308166
>Socialism is a hell of a political system
You live in a socialist country.
>>
>>30317187
>You live in a socialist country.
Not just yet, if we somehow elect Donald there will be hope. No matter what...he is filthy rich and has everything to lose to socialism. But your point is well made and well taken.

The thing is there are at least 120 million of us who won't give into what Hillary has in store for us. Just watch what happens when they try and confiscate our guns. TOPKEK.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 484x880px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 484x880px
>>30298460
>>
>>30314892
This post saddens me. I had such respect for you until now.
To say that "The Day After" was just so much Hollywood bullshit when the truth is that it was the single most accurate depiction of a civilians perspective of nuclear war. WTF Oppenheimer, you used to be a trip we could trust.
>>30315893
No I ain't mad...I'm trying to wake people up
>>30314978
>Ha!
What the fuck is a one word response suposed to mean asshole. Why don't you post a few dozen words proving him wrong instead. I have watched a dozen anons try and make this poster look like a tard but he continues to respond to every post with facts. He has been a beacon of truth and I wonder why you all are working so hard to discredit him.
>>
>>30317407
>single most accurate depiction of a civilians perspective of nuclear war

Which academics say this
>>
>>30316234
I hope you're not waiting for that rip to provide an answer. He has none so he will hide from responding even though he called you out. This is how cowardly socialist act anon.
>>
>>30317509

Or more likely is that he knows, but cannot say.
>>
>>30314015
>Going to school suddenly gives you the ability to develop, produce and deploy ICBM's and nuclear warheads simultaneously
It's past your bedtime Jimmy
>>
>>30314192
>How hard we hit back doesn't change what will go on here
>Nuclear deterrence is not a thing

>>30314619
>You're just trolling. Leave.

no, you're just a fucking idiot with your head up your ass. you leave.

you're listerine aren't you?
>>
>>30315819
>380 million people

the us population is about 60 million less than that. you can't even get basic fucking facts stratight.
>>
>>30315919
why don't you stop defending superfudge and just jump off the fucking bridge already
>>
>>30317319
>Try and confiscate our guns
They won't, as much as I'm sure rising up makes your pee pee hard, it's not going to happen.
There's waaaaay too much money wrapped up in the arms industry for any government to confiscate guns. That's before you take into account that they know how much of a pain in the ass it would be and it would cost a vast amount.
And even without all that it's very hard for the President to just do what they want, a motion to confiscate guns wouldn't get anywhere.

Anyhoo, the US has various social programs in place, it is a socialist country, although not to a large degree.
>>
>>30317509
>>30317524
Or even more likely is there no point him wasting his time with idiots. There's only so much spoon feeding a man can take.
>>
>>30317893
My questions
>>30316234
Still stand, so like what.
They recoverable or not?
>>
>>30297569
doesnt gas still work? i mean when we suffer a black out we just use a match to light our stove
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 640x640px
>>30317295
mfw the ham I deal with regularly is in my sammich. "Thx bitch!" *tush slap

>Can someone say triggered?
>Poor trigger discipline shamfur dispray

Ham has it's purposes in these type of events, old white asshole unlike myself but kinda sorta like myself do control the frequency waves per their licenses to do so to maintain communication security.

Let's not forget how much the Rothschild's made from carrier pigeon communication technology.

This thread truly needs Oppenheimer sage.

You are unworthy it seems
>>
>>30317490
>Which academics say this
We don't give a fuck what academics have to say in America bongfag, go cry in a corner faggot.
>>30317524
>Or more likely is that he knows, but cannot say.
I believe that Oppenheimer is as honest as he can be so don't be smearing him for not saying what he can't anons
>>30317820
The estimated population of the US is so large that there is a +/- between 50 million depending on who is counting.
Do you understand we have a +/- bigger than the actual count of most of the nations on the planet fuckhole? Now piss off eurocunt.
>>30317887
They will never try and take our guns by force door to door and not for the reasons you state.
We Americans have the balls to say FUCK OFF...STEP BACK OR DIE.
It's a state of mind we have had since we told King George to suck our cocks 240 years ago. We are freemen and we will die free, unlike you sad scared eurofaggots who are currently giving you lands and sovereignty away to refugees. You poor sad faggots.
>>30317893
Or maybe he spoke out whit out really thinking.
That one statement alone makes me think he could be completely full of shit.
If you had ever met a man who spent a tour of duty in a silo you would know they understood just what they were facing. Those guys may have not seen combat face to face but they all carry that burden and it shows.
They knew of they ever really launched those rockets they would have been doomed to die in that silo...no one was coming to take them to safety. Oppenheimer was either ignorant of that or a liar... no two ways about it.
>>
>>30318484
HAMsters are pure statist's.
They are the opposite of patriotic and can suck my nuts.
They are as a group men who live to snitch on freedom loving citizens and you can't deny that.

I'll give you a challenge anon. Go and take the test for a ham license and act like a freedom lover, act like a person who thinks the citizens own the air waves and see how they will fail you for no good reason.
They are as much a group of fascists as the fucking nazis were so fuck off pretending the hamsters aren't bootlicking cunts all of them.
>>
>>30316234
>Would the crews be helied out or what?
>Like...what do you do? How long can the crews last? What do you do if its too much rads?

So here is the deal. If it is a US first strike, most of the crews will be alive. Whoever is responding will have two issues with hitting the silos.
1) Their nuclear forces are likely to be severely limited after the US first strike.
2) Any surviving forces will be retargeted on other targets if possible.

If it is a Russian first strike (the only plausible first strike scenario) while the silos themselves will be hit hard, the Russians lack the numbers to hit every Launch Control Center.
The Launch Control Centers are distant enough to physically survive, and the crews capable of living for the time it would take for the fallout in the area to reach a level where they could be removed with moderate health risk.

>>30316510
>I know a guy who spent his time in the Air Force doing practice drills never knowing if he really was launching missiles or not. He knew that hewas dead. He knew his site would be so fucking hot that stepping outside for years would mean death. I can't believe Oppenheimer thinks they would be rescued after doing their duty, the men who did that duty know what it means.
I knew a guy in the Army who told me that a .50 would kill you just by passing close to you.

>>30317407
>To say that "The Day After" was just so much Hollywood bullshit when the truth is that it was the single most accurate depiction of a civilians perspective of nuclear war. WTF Oppenheimer, you used to be a trip we could trust.
It was very entertaining.
I would say that Testament is a much more realistic depiction.

>What the fuck is a one word response suposed to mean asshole
That I found the idea that One Second After being universally praised as funny.
>>
>>30317509
I was asleep. Sorry.

>>30318587
>If you had ever met a man who spent a tour of duty in a silo you would know they understood just what they were facing. Those guys may have not seen combat face to face but they all carry that burden and it shows.
>They knew of they ever really launched those rockets they would have been doomed to die in that silo...no one was coming to take them to safety. Oppenheimer was either ignorant of that or a liar... no two ways about it.

The reality is that the men who are on the forward edge often times fall victim to the myths and legends that are ingrained into the culture of their service.
Military personnel are not given complex briefings on things that are beyond the scope of their job. There is no need to.
So what do they do when they don't have answers? They make them up. They fill in the blanks. A friend of a friend told them.
>>
Do EMPs damage electronics that don't have any power running through them?
>>
>>30298691
Yeah, it's weird. During the northeast black out, back in what, 2001, I was living deep in innaghetto. The place where /k/ is sure all darkies would riot and kill people and pillage like vikings, and we were without power for almost 2 weeks. No one really fucked with anyone. Some stores stayed open, selling warm beer and canned food, but after the initial panic of everyone grabbing all the ice and candles they could it calmed down. There were a couple robberies but that was politics as usual. And everyone was sleeping with their doors and windows open cause it was so hot. In a neighborhood like that it's safe to assume most people own a gun for defense. And mostly everyone had barbecues, unaffected, and those that didn't found someone who would throw their can of bakes beans on. I felt safer in that neighborhood with no power than I ever did.
>>
>>30314997
What do you think of Threads?
>>
File: Laughs without borders.jpg (31KB, 504x336px) Image search: [Google]
Laughs without borders.jpg
31KB, 504x336px
>>30314192
>It almost never hurts.

I'm guessing this isn't one of those tines, you appear to have spent several hours sperging after I fell asleep.
>>
>>30318587
>We don't give a fuck what academics have to say in America bongfag, go cry in a corner faggot.

Speak for yourself.

I am asking you to verify your statement with academic work or a quote by an academic. Nothing more, nothing less.

>I believe that Oppenheimer is as honest as he can be so don't be smearing him for not saying what he can't anons

How is acknowledging that Oppenheimer follows OPSEC disrespectful?
>>
>>30314015
>these goatfuckers went to our best schools

If that's where they got the idea that One Second After was realistic then they ought to get their money back.
>>
>>30318644
Oppie, what about sun spots and solar flares? Could a big one cripple a hemisphere? Cripple nuke subs?
>>
>>30318607
Quit being such a whining bitch. It's a regulated hobby just like pretty much every other. There are laws that apply to everything. Go play around with your CB and chinese UHF HTs.
>>
>>30297140
A lot less fucked than we are if we believe corporate shills that want to scare-monger the country into wasting a metric fuck-ton of money EMP-hardening all our infrastructure. Warpigs and kikes fuck right off.
>>
>>30318644
>That I found the idea that One Second After being universally praised as funny.
To be fair, the idiot never praised the book itself. He said several times it was a shit read. He said the author is well respected by the people who deal with the grid. Why he has so much respect is a real mystery.

As far as your explanation of those crews being rescued, no. If everything flys there will be no one coming for them, it's part of the deal and they know it. It will be up tpo them to walk away after the dirt cools down, if it's going to cool down.
If everything flys the government and military go dark as far as civilian life as well. We would all be on our own for a good while. You may not like that but there will be no major effort to feed, shelter or protect the walking dead in our cities and towns save a very privileged few. You know this is true and you know why it has to be that way.
>>
>>30320453

>>30320453
I've had a HAM licience for a long time so don't tell me about the people I deal with.
They are all wannabe cops and firemen. They volunteer for everything that will let them play dress up and they are about the biggest group of bootlickers you will ever meet. They never fail to go overboard if they get any kind of power. I love watching them direct traffic when our town has a parade or some shit. Always angry and yelling at the soccer moms and shit. Kind of scares me to think they might get some real authority over us if shit really did hit the fan
I'm not a cop hater and I love living in a time where the rule of law makes everyone be nice to everyone else, mostly. I just hate the personality of these wannabees, and that's what they are, just about all of them. They think they are half cop half spymasters the way they hunt down people for the stupid shit they use to yank someones card...don't you fucking dare forget to announce your call sign bucko or we will hammer you. That's the most exciting thing that ever happens in their lives. Fuck them and fuck you especially acting like the newbs who enter the hobby with cheap equipment are less than you. Youre one of the assholes who drive the kids away.. Just fuck you.
>>
>>30321161
>If everything flys the government and military go dark as far as civilian life as well. We would all be on our own for a good while. You may not like that but there will be no major effort to feed, shelter or protect the walking dead in our cities and towns save a very privileged few. You know this is true and you know why it has to be that way.

Your vision of what a contemporary nuclear exchange would look like is very skewed.

Given the limited number of nuclear warheads available to any potential opponent, the attacks will be very limited. The russians for example, have about 1600 warheads available currently.
Lets look at targets in a Russian first strike:
450 Minuteman silos. 2.5 Warheads per Silo. (Note that the LCCs are not targeted in this scenario. You will see why)
Barksdale, Minot Air Force Bases: 6-8 warheads per base.
Peterson, Offutt, CMOC, CFB Winnipeg: 4-6 Warheads per base.
EW and Command and Control infrastructure: numerous targets, total of 250 warheads.
SSBN facilities, and Naval Communications infrastructure: 30-50 warheads.

The Russians are down to 170 or fewer warheads. They still have not hit any NATO nuclear weapons facilities, nor does this account for reserve for Nth Country deterrence or follow on strikes.

No cities have been directly targeted.
No industrial facilities have been directly targeted.
While the damage would be catastrophic, and millions may be dead, the idea that the government stops working or that cities are all blasted ruins is not accurate.
>>
>>30321259
>they hunt down people for the stupid shit they use to yank someones card
So you did something stupid, broke the rules and now you are butthurt that someone held you accountable for breaking rules you agreed to when you became a licensed operator?
>>
>>30321375
>So you did something stupid, broke the rules and now you are butthurt that someone held you accountable for breaking rules you agreed to when you became a licensed operator?
you broke da rulz you broke da rulz waaaa waaaaa waaaa\
You fucking jerk. Those airwaves belong to all of us you fucking fascist bastard. I love setting up my noble unit out..has a sweet amplifier ..really sweet.
I hang on certain jagoffs freqs when they do their thing and just bury them for an 15 or 20 minutes then split. They have never caught me and I have been fucking with their tired old asses for a couple years. They just lose their shit when I do it, it's all they will talk about for days. I have sat in the ham club meetings where they are almost in tears, it's so delicious

Fuck you jagoffs who live to play pretend cop and turn the FCC on us. The FCC hates you faggots, they have more important shit to do than chase all the super criminals who break your rules,

WAAA WAAA WAAAAA YOU BROKE DA RULZ WAAAAA WAAAAAAA
>>
>>30321957

you sound upset
>>
>>30321957
So you are mad that other people agree to live up to their obligations under the law?

Your issue seems to be with the idea that the FCC has jurisdiction over the radio spectrum rather than the people that jave agreed to follow the rules.

But you are mad not at the rule makers, but at the people are are simply doing exactly what they agreed to do when they got their license.

Thats pretty pathetic.
>>
>>30297140
Most of the union has contingency plans for this. Extra transformers on standby and whatnot, it would wreck our economy but our infrastructure would survive.
>>
>>30297771
Hell, I lived in MO and had my power out for about two weeks.
>>
question. What would happen to a nuclear reactor if it got hit with very strong EMP?
>>
>>30322906
It'd shut down. The carbon rods that stop the nuclear reaction are poised to drop if the reaction goes out of control or if the electrical components are fried.
>>
>>30315899
>Gun control prevents looting

>What are LA riots
>What is baltimore
>>
>>30316008
I won't admit either of those, since both statements are patently false. I highly doubt your claims of extensive knowledge on this subject, since you can't seem to understand how my examples relate to communications today, among other poor showings of your intelligence in this thread.
>>
Here's what
>>30317295
deleted
HAMsters are universal recognized as bootlicking statist bastards. You are fascist fucks as far as controlling the airwaves. You are old white assholes who spend every waking moment paroling the air over OUR homes reporting FREE AMERICANS while they talk with each other.
In my perfect world you cocksuckers hand by the neck until dead for suppressing fee speech over our PUBLIC airwaves. Who the holy fuck do you think you are to tell us that our AIR WAVES are government property/ You evil motherfuckers will pay someday. You special licensing system will lead us to your front doors when the day of the rope is born. You will get a special day for punishment you fucking boot licking fascist cocksuckers.
KC1XXX here loving every laugh. Seig Heil FCC akbar.
>>
>>30323023
Or New Orleans during Katrina. Or most of Florida during hurricanes Andrew, Charley, Francis, and Jeanne. Or NYC during Sandy.
>>
>>30318587
>The estimated population of the US is so large that there is a +/- between 50 million depending on who is counting.

there is a margin of error of 20%? no there's not, you're a retarded faggot.

>Do you understand we have a +/- bigger than the actual count of most of the nations on the planet fuckhole? Now piss off eurocunt.

holy fuck you are mad aren't you? and a fucking idiot.
>>
>>30316510
>I know a guy who spent his time in the Air Force doing practice drills never knowing if he really was launching missiles or not. He knew that hewas dead.

That's horseshit. Practise runs must be kept seperate from the real thing, because if you don't bypass the actual launch equipment in the practise run you will launch the actual missile.
>>
>>30297140
>how fucked are we?

most of us would die due to the aftereffects of an EMP.

>>30297326
>Jesus Christ. Faraday cages and other shielding are a thing.

Isn't the majority of America's infrastructure not EMP shielded though?
>>
>>30321161
>I SAW A FUCKING MOVIE
>>
>>30318689

>BBQ

Man, we had an ice storm a few years ago, live in a pretty rural place, we didn't have power for probably 2 weeks, and after the 4th or 5th day some guys had the bright idea to go out and start picking off deer and hogs for fresh meat.

They brought the deer back in the trucks, and the neighborhood made some killer steaks and stews with the meat.

It was basically like a week long block party, now it's a tradition every deer season to have the neighborhood get together and grill a bunch of fresh venison.

Probably the coolest "survival" situation I've ever been in.
>>
>>30318607
>They will fail you for no good reason
Not their fault that you're unable to remember ohm's law and a few basics of antennas.
>>
>>30323321
Oh Christ, here we go again.
>>
>>30323321

>emp shielding

Read the thread. Mostly unnecessary.
>>
>>30321259
What state are you in? Sure most like to act important, but they never dick people over in my area, which covers several states.
>>
>>30321364
What's the point of hitting a facility with multiple warheads? I don't see what the second or third or fourth would do that the first hasn't. Is it about accuracy, or anti-ballistic missile systems?
>>
>>30323792

Pretty much general redundancy.
>>
>>30323792
Accuracy, Reliability, Pre-launch survivability, defenses, probability of a kill.
>>
>>30323792

With a hypothetical failure rate of some arbitrary number, let's say ~2%, put of 450 silos hit with single weapons that leaves 9 surviving just because of duds, which is up to 108 warheads, which isn't even counting the silos that weren't destroyed or survived well enough to launch.
>>
>>30323904
Real failure rates are likely much higher.
The W76 would have been about 2/3 duds until the most recent SLEP completed.
>>
>>30323949

I figured, I just wanted to point out how even a very low operational failure rate could leave hundreds of surviving warheads.

2% is a very low failure rate for anything.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.