[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kevlar Helmet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: Helmet.jpg (6KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
Helmet.jpg
6KB, 250x202px
From /pol/. Retards there can't give me a solid answer and just tell me to ask /k/.

Does this picture look right? They said the gun was a Sig Sauer mcx. 5.56 bullets normally go through these kinds of helmets, the warp of the helmet doesn't look right. Am I onto something or no?
>>
File: 9mm.jpg (34KB, 736x349px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.jpg
34KB, 736x349px
Dude had a handgun too. That's my guess.
>>
>>30290772
The round spattered on the front of the helmet, the hole you see is a securing bolt that was blown off.
>>
Ricochet or shrapnel, I would presume.
>>
>>30290812
I figured but 9mm hits look way different, Was he hit more than once?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYAC6ag6q4
>>
>>30290772
That was hit by a 9mm
>>
>>30290772
>Am I onto something or no?

No, the shooter did not use just a handgun and the SWAT team definitely did not plant whatever random AR-type rifle they could find on him, after themselves gunning down a room full of hostages so they would have bodies killed by 5.56 rounds.

Definitely not what happened.
>>
>>30290876
Cho!!! I knew double wielding pistols was best
>>
higher res
>>
>>30290772
>15 year old kid on an anime board thinks he is on to something that no one else sees

fuck off
>>
>>30290829
Seconding this.

Look at the position of the hole and the diameter.

Which would suggest what did the damage was either a handgun round, or an indirect hit (ricochet/fragment like another anon mentioned)
.>>30290831
>>
>>30290925
OP is just curious, don't be cunt to our guest.
>>
>>30290924
Isn't that screw threading in the hole?
>>
File: soldier helm.webm (329KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
soldier helm.webm
329KB, 640x356px
>>
There is the possibility that SWAT entered with poly-carbonate shields, and crouched down.

If a rifle fired into the shield, and the fragments went into the helmet, it could look like that, I suppose.
>>
I know guys who've been hit in the head with AK rounds and their Kevlar stopped the round from entering, suffered minor head trauma (headache, dizziness, bleeding)
>>
>>30290772
There's been cases of kevlars stopping fucking 7.62x39 and such in Ganistan and Irak.

So yeah, while they ain't designed for rifle rounds, they CAN safe your life. As we speak, the US forces are already adopting the new ECH, which is said to be a full Level III helmet.
>>
>>30292553
Y'know, I didn't think the old WWII/'Nam era helmets actually worked for stopping bullets head on. I always though it was for deflection.
>>
>>30290772
>5.56 bullets normally go through these kinds of helmets

Well that's just false. What would be the point then. Look up all the guys on deployment who took rounds to the head. Sure the helmet gets fucked up and they have a hell of a concussion but they don't penetrate.
>>
File: LHjbp.jpg (71KB, 800x607px)
LHjbp.jpg
71KB, 800x607px
Semi-related -- it is my understanding that the Sig Sauer MCX was developed as a fully automatic assault rifle, and that there is a civilian version that is, of course, only semi-automatic and thus not an assault rifle.

(Admission here -- I am a pro-gun country boy with a couple of shotguns, I don't know much about rifles and am not really a gun hobbyist.)

As we get into the incredible ignorant media coverage of this NOT AN AR15 AFTER ALL GUYS!!!! I am sure this weapon will be called an assault rifle repeatedly, and I'm making a habit of calling them on it. But before doing so, I want to make sure I;ve got my ducks in a row.

Anybody know if I am correct about the two versions of the Sig Sauer MCX? And, anybody know of a valid source yet as to which version was used? Although I guess if he bought it legally down at the local gun and ammo, that is a pretty strong indication it's the semiauto version...
>>
>>30296918
>Well that's just false. What would be the point then.
fragmentation
>>
>>30290876
> people actually believe this
>>
>>30290924
Definitely not 5.56.
>>
>>30296963
That's why it was shaped the way it was.

Material and Cover = ballistic protection
Cut and Shape = shrapnel and debris protection
>>
>>30296825
>pistol rounds
>double-layered steel pot
>>
>>30290924
most likely not 5.55, unless it's ricochet or it possibly came in from an odd angel, but it doesn't seem like it. Most likely 9mm
>>
>>30297291

>double-layered steel pot

That's a helmet and liner. The liners are made of fiberglass or plastic.
>>
Kpots have stopped worse. If you don't believe it, you can pick one up on ebay for like $50 and test it yourself.
>>
>>30292018
Yea thats what it looks like to me as well
>>
>>30296960
Assault rifles can be semi auto.
>>
>>30300003
According to who?
>>
File: 1431147717222.png (23KB, 680x549px) Image search: [Google]
1431147717222.png
23KB, 680x549px
>>30300003
Ding ding ding, we have a winner
>>
>>30296792
>kevlars stopping fucking 7.62x39
This is actually pretty impressive.
>>
>>30292018
>>30299972
99% of those helmets are factory drilled for an NVG mount
>>
>>30290772
>They said the gun was a Sig Sauer mcx. 5.56 bullets normally go through these kinds of helmets, the warp of the helmet doesn't look right. Am I onto something or no?

They also say Mateen and police fired 202 shots combined. Do you think police shot 2-3 times at this guy and waited for him to drop, or do you think every officer on the scene unloaded 10+ rounds the moment they found someone shooting at them?

Let's assume officers took him down with 1 bullet. The officers who blew up the wall, took a bullet to the helmet, only used one shot to subdue him.

201 shots being Mateen's, he killed ~50 people and injured 50 more. That's a 50% hit rate, and out of the hit rate, half of all hits killed the victim. That is very, very high. And that's taking the police shots out of the equation completely because let's be honest: this guy had 2-3 police magdump him the moment he shot at the police.
>>
>>30298075
In that show they said they were gona shoot one of their friend wearing two steel helmets.

But they did not and did this instead.
>>
>>30300003
just have to flip the switch to semi
>>
>>30290772

Is it not a possibility that he was using a soft tipped hunting round? AP would be significantly reduced compared to a military grade 5.56.
>>
you guys are missing the point. when it comes to high velocity rifle rounds kevlar becomes a bit dicey. even class 3. and the size of the bullet matters less than the coating of the road. In fact, the larger the bullet usually the less pen you have against hard targets, albeit a bigger wound channel. This is why a .45 hollow point is less dangerous to kev than...say a 10mm, or 9 mm hollow point. though all 3 are hot garb against armor if theyre hollow points.
>>
>>30300003
Yo dawg, I slapped muh nerf stock on a hi point, now i got meez a SBR assault rifle. We be inz the armies.
>>
Didn't he use 300 BLK or is that a rumor?
>>
He was NDed by another cop.

>>30292553
First helmet is actually two helmets.
>>
>>30300746
are there not more details? ive been avoiding it because moronic FB opinions.
loads of reasonable folks argue JFK could not have been shot by 1 man with 3 shots with ancient camera footage. 50 kills in a modern club and there aren't gay selphie videos of any kind?
>>
>>30306669
>larger bullet = less penetration
isn't true at all. A bullet's weight increases faster than its surface area increases, so a heavier bullet automatically penetrates deeper for the same flight speed and same tip shape.

The reason you don't always see 45 penetrating deeper than 9mm, is they pussy-load the 45 round because they don't think you can handle the recoil.
If you load 45 hot enough to leave the barrel at the same speed as 9mm, it will retain that speed longer (more weight than surface area increase) and penetrate deeper.
>>
>>30311675
That's not a practical reality because who the fuck loads 230gr .45 to 1200 fps?
>>
>>30296792
>been cases of kevlars stopping fucking 7.62x39 and such in Ganistan and Irak
Given the typical engagement ranges they were probably lucky +500m pot shots.
>>
>>30311706
10mm fags would be the ones to try it, they are all about going as hot as you can.
>>
>>30311706
Your point was that it was the weight that inversely influenced penetration, which is wrong.
>>
>>30311706
>who the fuck loads 230gr .45 to 1200 fps?

Men.
>>
>>30290772

Probably a glance or a ricochet. I saw the aftermath with his head on my fake facebook profile and he had a decent bruise.
>>
>>30312284
except its not really possible to fit a slow enough burning powder into its case to achieve it.
>>
>>30292553
>>30296825
>>30308449
and you thought your tinnitus was bad from the M1 Garand.......
>GONGGGGGGGGG
Now instead of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, you hear NNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>30300746
>or do you think every officer on the scene unloaded 10+ rounds the moment they found someone shooting at them?
you dont have to think, go watch the video. The guy came out and got off 2 shots (they sound different, either 7.62x39 or 9mm, now confirmed 9mm) before all 8-12 cops dumped him with their whole 'clip' until empty. You can hear the 2 slowfiring cops who were actually aiming, finish their staccato about 5 seconds after everyone else.
>>
>>30308436
Who goes on a spree shooting with a meme round like that?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.