[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are 99% of anti-gunners not willing to look up the actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: SAVE THE C H I L L U N S.jpg (119KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
SAVE THE C H I L L U N S.jpg
119KB, 1400x1050px
Why are 99% of anti-gunners not willing to look up the actual definitions of the words they throw around when they're called out on their BS?

General gun laws discussion thread
>>
Their positions are based on feelings, not facts. The best you can do is make them feel so fucking stupid that they just shut up about it forever. The AR-15 is a great example of this, because you can point out that standard deer hunting bullets are much deadlier than .223, it's just that the AR-15 carries more of them.
>>
>>30290287
SHALL
>>
>>30290367
NOT
>>
>>30290381
BE
>>
>>30290383
INFRINGED
>>
>>30290319
>standard deer hunting bullets are much deadlier than .223

I read an article by some moron who wrote that AR15 boolits are "unusually fast at over 3000 feet per second, unlike the 750-1400 feet per second of most handguns."
>>
>>30290404

That's... not exactly incorrect.

750 is a bit low, even .45 goes around 950 if I'm not mistaken. But .223 usually travels at around 2800 to 3000 FPS depending on barrel length.
>>
File: 1466024746983.png (21KB, 568x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466024746983.png
21KB, 568x360px
>>30290287

It's easier to block you on facegoy or twitter.
>>
>>30290428
>not exactly incorrect

Of course it isn't.

It's the comparison of a rifle round to handgun rounds, then calling the speed of the rifle round "unusually fast" when most hunting rifle rounds are in the 2500+ area already anyway, and many are even faster than 3000.

Not sure if misleading on purpose or moron generally believes it makes sense to compare "AR15 bullets" to handgun bullets.
>>
>>30290404
>"rifle rounds are faster than pistol rounds"
Yeah no shit sherlock
>>
File: fbi.png (56KB, 957x851px) Image search: [Google]
fbi.png
56KB, 957x851px
What people don't realize is that you're still more likely to be struck by lightning than killed with a rifle of any kind, including an AR-15.

In 2014 according to the Uniform Crime Report published by the FBI, 248 people in the United States of America were killed by rifles of any kind. Let's round that up to 250 for the sake of easy math. There are an estimated 320,000,000 people in this country. 250/320,000,000 is simplified to 1/1,280,000. Your chances of being murdered by a rifle of any kind, including an "assault weapon" are positively minuscule.

*Let that sink in. One in one million, two hundred eighty thousand.*

According to the National Weather Service, your chances annually of being struck by lightning are somewhere around 1/700,000.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, your odds of dying in a motor vehicle collision are around 1/77.

These events are so entirely blown out of proportion. You hear about them all the time because the story sells so well. Whenever someone tells you of the bloodshed caused by "assault weapons", that person is either deliberately lying to you, or is hopelessly uninformed and averse to facts and evidence.
>>
>>30290441
spoken to several far left co workers about the shooting, theyre clearly very confused about the situation and had very little to say that they understood anything about the scenario aside from that "someone with a scary gun specifically targetted gays to prove a point"

one actually managed to convince himself into SYMPATHY for the muslim shooter while having no real opinion on the gun itself
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.