[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put a broke veteran in his place today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1465921805272.jpg (3MB, 2164x1420px) Image search: [Google]
1465921805272.jpg
3MB, 2164x1420px
Today in the morning I was forced to take the train to the city because of the ongoing road construction that makes the traffic unbearable.

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, because I haven't used public transport in years.

First of all, I was surprised how cheap the service was. I think I paid only $5 for one-way ride to the city. Not bad at all.

When the train arrived on time, I seated myself, pulled out my iPad, and started browsing my morning reads (while sipping on the Starbucks coffee I had just picked up on my way to the station) - New York Times, Bloomberg, Cosmo, and Wall Street Journal.

Between sips of the coffee, I noticed an older guy who was trying to make conversation to one of the female passengers sitting across me. I could tell she was being disturbed, but ignored it for next 5 minutes.

As I was minding my own business and storming through my morning lectures, I overheard that old dude saying something along those lines:

'I survived Vietnam, and I gotta tell you, it wasn't a breeze. I bet this kid there has no idea what it was like back then.'

I looked up from my iPad and I noticed he was pointing at me. This is where I decided to draw the line.

I smoothly replied:

'I bet you have no idea how it feels to wear a $2,500 suit, work in the air-conditioned environment, or treat a lady right. What is your net worth by the way?
Why don't you stop harassing passengers and find another seat instead before I call cops on you, old man?'

His jaw dropped as he was trying to mumble something back. He stood up, and left on the next station. I bet he was a bum too.

The female passenger thanked me and proceeded to make a small talk throughout the rest of her ride before she left 2 stations earlier than me.

To say the least, taking public transportation was quite an eye-opening experience that reminded me why I should be grateful for where I am today.
>>
vote trump
>>
File: 1465497703524.jpg (19KB, 267x273px) Image search: [Google]
1465497703524.jpg
19KB, 267x273px
>>
>>30285491
You should have kicked his ass and left him bleeding. Show him why his "tough" life means nothing
>>
thats some boring ass pasta
>>
>>30285491
Nice, me and a friend of mine pissed on a sleeping veteran once, good stuff.
>>
>>30285491
NYT article?
>>
Man, vets these days don't realize how good they have it.
>>
>>30285555
I'm no edge lord but you're right.
Yeah PTSD sucks and the VA is a pain in the shit.
But they always complain about coming home and not being able to get a job.
The military has dozens if not hundreds of programs to help vets adjust to civvie life.
They just don't fucking use their benefits.
Battlefields to oilfields is an example of these programs.
They'll do all the hard work of getting you recruited to an oilfield where you'll make 60k+ easily.
Paid to go to college?
Yeah give those programs to me and I'll be be making 6 figures within 6 years.
>>
>>30285491

As a vet of AFG I would have said a bit more myself...something more aggressive and less 'I have money, you don't', but still, good on you.
>>
>>30285491
t. writen by someone who lives in his moms basement
>>
>>30285491
this pasta is old and stale
>>
>>30285755
Takes one to know one
>>
>>30285636
Easier to milk the disability and support same fat bitch stir frying you hotdogs and canned green beans
>>
>>30285491
Thank you for your service.
>>
>and then the whole train clapped and there was a parade
sure Jan
>>
I'm a veteran myself, and I've worn a pretty nice suit but nothing over a thousand bucks. The guy on the train may not even have been a real veteran, because he must have lost his fucking mind, annoying a lady like so.
>>
>>30285636
I used to work at a university career center, which was really shitty for part time work, but I like to think I helped a few people out.

Besides helping students write CVs and cover letters, our career center also had a veteran career placement initiative. In my experience, some of the veterans I met were just as clueless as the 20 year olds I worked with. They just couldn't sell themselves to save their lives. These veterans would gain rich experience in the military, and they just couldn't figure out how to connect the dots to the private sector.

Some vets, for instance, would just copy and paste their MOS descriptions to their CVs and send it off to companies like IBM, HP, etc., while expecting a callback.

Other vets, during practice interviews, would just say "I served my country and now I'm looking for work." They would just list off their job duties without relating their experience to the job they wanted.

It was heartbreaking and frustrating stuff. These are the kind of people that would get ignored by so-called "talent acquisition teams".

The first step in helping out these vets was ironing out any sense of entitlement. The second step involved a paradigm shift, focusing not on the bottom line of the military, but on the bottom line of the private sector. The military's bottom line is defeating the enemy. The private sector's bottom line is profit. These vets learned how to convince recruiters that they would contribute to the company's bottom line.

Okay, blog post over. Also OP's story is bullshit and gay. I hate niggers look at me I'm edgy
>>
>>30285491
This is fucking stupid.
>>
>>30285491
>New York Times, Bloomberg, Cosmo, and Wall Street Journal.
You are a really shitty troll but the idiots on /k/ will eat every bit of this bait.

InMyDayTrollingMeantSomething.png
>>
>>30285491
>while sipping on the Starbucks coffee I had just picked up on my way to the station
You fucking leftist histper
>>
File: totally_not_a_shotgun.jpg (34KB, 606x456px) Image search: [Google]
totally_not_a_shotgun.jpg
34KB, 606x456px
REV UP YOUR PASTA
>>
File: 1464629245791.png (94KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464629245791.png
94KB, 396x400px
>>30285491
I know this is b8, but I have a relevant, actually true story
>26, fresh out of the Army
>working as a shitcurity job (yes, infantry skills transfer) at a bank part time
>going to college as well
>older guy comes in, Elmer Fudd Vietnam vet hat on
>nod to him as he walks in, he stands in line and stares at me
>little weird, walk over to other standing spot
>You know what it's like to kill somebody?
>wat
>Stop, a little dumbfounded, just stare at him
>I said, you ever killed somebody with that thing?
>points to my gun, smug ass expression
>With this? Nah, I haven't killed anybody with this gun.
>visible confusion
>11B, 8 years, I went to Iraq and Afghanistan. I saw some action. You went to Vietnam?
>he gets visibly upset, I was trying to deescalate and smooth the situation
>Be lucky you wasn't in Nam, boy, that was real hell
>REEEEEEE internally
>I'm sure it was sir, I was a little young for that party though. Thank you for your service.
>Have to go to the back to calm down
Now I know Vietnam was hell on Earth, and that GWOT didnt see anywhere near as many casualties. I just dont like this, "You ain't seen shit cause you wasn't born yet yunginn" attitude. Dude was probably a supply clerk, every combat Vietnam vet I've ever met was just as nice as they could be.

And getting called boy by some shitstain cashing his SS check so he could go buy some 40s pissed me off too. Fuck, I'm still a little mad about it.
>>
>>30285636
>The military has dozens if not hundreds of programs to help vets adjust to civvie life.
Then why can't they still adjust right?

>They just don't fucking use their benefits.

>in the military
>not using every benefit they can't
LMFAO
>>
>>30287981
It's reverse culture shock, you basically go through the reverse of what you went through at basic. Best advice I could give a newly separated service member is to "take some leave", I.e. draw unemployment for about a month, do a bunch of stupid shit and lay around. Set a "report date," and on that day at midnight, shave your face, get a haircut and go to work.

That's what I did when I got out (though I stayed on it for 3 months because NEET life is sweet) and I didn't run into as many problems as other guys. You gotta immerse yourself in the culture, just like the military did when you started out.

Of course, I wasn't a dumb private when I got out, that's a contributing factor to general asshattery.
>>
File: me.jpg (43KB, 242x251px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
43KB, 242x251px
Hey Faggots,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on .

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my bitch
>>
>>30287800
Fuck that old guy, if they haven't got their lives together after 41 years they deserve to be bums.
>>
>what is your net worth
Confirmed new you're a fucking white male?
>>
>>30288228
What? I see two bitches in that photo..

Was it taken when you two went to Lillith Fair?

Aw..
>>
Maybe we could tweet this to pro vet organizations so they know exactly how lefties and yuppies feel about them
>>
>>30288561
I actually see two men in that photo.
>>
>>30288561
newfag
>>
>>30288228

Does this post still even work?
>>
>>30288601
Unfortunately yes, those it's mostly oldfags playing along to get newfags to reveal their power level.
>>
>>30288657
>>30288598
I don't know who is playing along nowadays.
>>
>>30288726
/B/ man. Always /b/.
>>
>>30288601
Someone legitimately responded to the 300 confirmed kills pasta not long ago. You never know.
>>
>>30285491
Is this a new pasta? It's not even good.
>>
>>30288598
does anyone else know that your daddy plays with your booty at night?
>>
File: u1UMCg1.jpg (115KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
u1UMCg1.jpg
115KB, 720x960px
>>30285491
>>
>>30288753
lol
sauce?
>>
>>30289173
I think i was also in that thread. some newfag was newfagging and he posted that because that was the only 4chan meme he knew other than Sad Lizard and Emotions Man
>>
>>30285491
low-quality pasta
>>
>>30285962
Good shit man. Vet or not you are doing good work helping people.

Great tatics by the way. Mission change from killing to profit is really good.

Selliny yourself is a skill, and a valuable one. Keep it up.
>>
File: 1464476846876.png (203KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464476846876.png
203KB, 800x480px
>>30289207
>sad lizard and emotions man
Top fucking kek m8
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.