[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mongol vs european knights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: mongol_vs_knight.jpg (87KB, 736x426px) Image search: [Google]
mongol_vs_knight.jpg
87KB, 736x426px
Who would have won between a mongol army and fully equipped western european army in the 1200s?

(And no, Dan Carlin isn't a source. He's been proven to be blue pilled on a lot of subjects)
>>
>>30276722
Battle of Leignitz. The Mongols won, but not by much.
>>
>>30276722
Where? If the Mongol armies invaded Eirope they would have lost pretty succinctly because of their style of warfare and the geography, but if they where on the defensive it would be a massacre in the other direction.
>>
File: 1453902382561.jpg (8KB, 290x319px) Image search: [Google]
1453902382561.jpg
8KB, 290x319px
>>30276747
Slavs absolutely don't count
>>
>>30276722
Depends who the mongols are fighting.

Also 1240 army or 1280 army?
>>
Horse bows can't pierce steel plate. hell, late medieval plate was even safe from 120lb warbows.

now a horse archer is probably a bit faster on his light horse and minimal weight.

once the Mongolian is out of arrows or the knight's horse is dead, the Mongolian wouldn't be able to do much execpt run.

if it were an actual fight the knight would more than likely win.

I say more than likely because real fighting isn't made of absolutes
>>
File: 1457381326952.jpg (123KB, 537x536px) Image search: [Google]
1457381326952.jpg
123KB, 537x536px
The Franks had the best heavy cavalry and fortifications in the world by the late 13th century, but were politically divided and generally unruly, undisciplined, and insobordinate in battle. The Mongols were better disciplined and united, but even with their Chinese engineers I bet they would have had a lot of trouble with the great castles in France. In more confined battle fields the shock of the first charge could be decisive.

So it's a toss up. The petty barons of Europe could have easily totally fucked themselves with battle plans by committee and feudal rivalry like in every one of the later crusades and the Mongols could have just have easily been stalled by fortifications or crushed by the charge of heavy horse and couched lance.
>>
The whole "hurr durr east asians were better at everything" meme needs to die. I like history but can't read anything anymore that doesn't piss me off with its modern liberal biases.
>>
>>30277252
>i cant accept that other civilization achieved something of merit
the fucking mongols has the 2nd largest empire and largest contigous empire
you sound like an insecure person anon
>>
>>30277252
>modern liberal biases.
Oriental mystification has been a thing since the 19th century.
>>
>>30277288
>own thousands of miles of emptiness
>leave nothing lasting behind
>call it an empire
>>
>>30277330
well yeah you could say the same to russia,brits etc
they didn't exactly own prime real estate
and i'd say the mongols had lasting impact on the geopolitical climate,even when their horde had turned into shambles
>>
File: flag3.jpg (44KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
flag3.jpg
44KB, 640x424px
>>30276722
>He's been proven to be blue pilled on a lot of subjects

Such as?
>>
>>30276722
(Blue pilled)
And that's when your "argument" went to shit.
>>
>>30277352
>China
>Not the most prime real estate ever
Yeah, ok.
>>
>>30277288
There's a slight difference between being able to steamroll idiots in the open and the wank that surrounds the Mongols. It's worse than katanafags.
>>
>>30277040
When the mongols weren't able to pierce armor they would just aim for the horse and isolate the knight and run him down.
>>
>>30277873
>stab horse with lance
>now mongol is alone and isolated.
>>
File: wn66R.jpg (24KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
wn66R.jpg
24KB, 600x400px
>>30277413
sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. you might want to go back to your hugbox now.
>>
>>30277040
>Horse bows can't pierce steel plate

>steel plate
>in the 1200s
>>
>>30276856
The Mongols.
Both 1240 and 1280 European armies could not defeat the Mongols on open battle. They stayed behind in their castles.
>>
>>30278347
the 13th century was where plates began to gain real traction in armor. but even so, mail with a gambeson underneath is plenty enough to stop a horsebow. ask any crusader about his time in the holy lands.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.