[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Dalai Llama.jpg (85KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
Dalai Llama.jpg
85KB, 1137x640px
Gents, I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I'll soon be coming up on the end of a military enlistment and my POG ass will be leaving California to head back to freedom(ish) land. Obviously I'll need a new pistol for concealed carry. I love my 1911 to death, but I'm not willing to swap out my wardrobe for the amount of hawaiian shirt it would take to conceal that on my skinny boyish frame.

Here is my thinking so far: If I'm going to be firing a small frame handgun, I'd prefer it to be 9x19. I know, I know, "muh stopping power", but I honestly don't see that much of a difference If I can reliably hit a target. I HATE, absolutely fucking hate the "always double action" bullshit that plagues handguns with internal hammers. I've fired my brother's Glock 43 and my little sisters XDS, and my accuracy suffers while using both. I switch to an external hammer like my 1911 or the M9, and I do fine. I've brought this up with real people, and the best they can tell me is get a Sig-Sauer P226. I've heard great things about the Sig, but it's honestly real expensive. I'm prepared to blow my tax return on it, but I'm still shopping around for a cheaper alternative.

TL;DR: Anon needs a concealable pistol that is:
>9x19mm
>Single stack magazine for small girly hands
>External hammer
>Budget is about 1k, but I'd really prefer to go cheaper so I can also get a scattergat for my trunk.
>>
>>30266397
>freedomish
>still have to put a scatter gun in your trunk

east coast im guessing?
>>
>>30266411
Missouri actually. Kinda psyched that I don't have to get a CCL anymore (but I'm going to anyway for out of state trips)
>>
P938.
>>
>>30266397
Just carry whatever's comfortable to use and that you like for the most part. Also if you're willing to carry IWB, you can conceal most any gun.
>>
If you dig your Beretta then a compact/subcompact PX4 might be a good idea.
CZ also has a few solid compact/subcompacts.
>>
>>30266468
>Gary Johnson
>pro gun

kys
>>
>>30266504
I didn't make the picture. I can paste your face over his if it'll make you feel better.
>>
I was in your position 2 weeks ago OP.

I ended up with a p938.
>>
File: 1449794858184.jpg (714KB, 1490x838px) Image search: [Google]
1449794858184.jpg
714KB, 1490x838px
>>30266397
>bullshit that plagues handguns with internal hammers. I've fired my brother's Glock 43 and my little sisters XDS
>always double action

Those are striker fired but I kind of get what you're saying. You can always get trigger upgrades for the G43, Shield and even the XDS that make it feel much better.

Can you condense what you're trying to say? A lot of the information you're putting condradicts one sentence then another.
>>
>>30266580
I was asking for pistol options that came in 9mm, had an external hammer and were single stack. I already know of a few, but I'd like to get opinions from more people before I commit to any one of them.
>>
>>30266397
Sig p239?
>>
File: P938.jpg (192KB, 1029x774px) Image search: [Google]
P938.jpg
192KB, 1029x774px
Sig P938? Single stack and hammer fired.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.