[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /k/ Shoot Alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 20160613_115402-1.jpg (3MB, 2157x2319px) Image search: [Google]
20160613_115402-1.jpg
3MB, 2157x2319px
Well /k/ when you go shooting do you prefer going alone or with friend(s)? Do you prefer going with friends and end up going alone? Or vice versa?

I always shoot with friends, but tomorrow will be my first time going alone. I need to improve my skills with my AR, my groupings are far too large for what I'm aiming for. What am i in for? Is it funner or boring alone? I'm going for the sole purpose of honing my skills.

> pic unrelated
>>
>>30262422
I tend to shoot with friends. It can make the trip to the range more enjoyable (40ish min for me) and any down time at the range as well.
But it is nice to go alone every once and awhile. Especially if you have the range to yourself. You can shoot at your pace and no one is there to stop you.
>>
>>30262422
You can definitely take your time more when you're by yourself at the range. If you enjoy shooting its still fun alone.
>>
>>30262422
blasphamy not eating one finger at a time
>>
>>30262477
>>30262496
I shoot at BLM, so the "range" is 96% of the time completely alone.
>>
>>30262422
It's great to shoot alone, you'll be amazed as to how much less ammo you use.
>>
I always shoot alone unless my family's visiting for the weekend or something.
>implying I have friends

It's definitely easier to focus on shooting when you're alone.
>>
>>30262560
Whenever i shoot with friends i always feel like "shit, stop hogging up the gun, pass it to someone else to shoot" i always feel this when im trying to understand exactly how the gun is responding to me, where exactly the bullet hits on the sight picture etc.
>>
If I'm trying to do something serious like sighting in a scope or seeing how a new gun handles, I'd rather be by myself to take time. If I'm wanting to have fun shooting, I bring my buddy and we always end up bouncing a Tide bottle around by shooting Mosins at them.
>>
I mostly shoot with a buddy of mine
Tried going alone but the BLM where I shoot is 45 min away so it's nice to have someone to talk to and split the gas with
>>
i want to shoot with friends but all my gun owning friends are flakes who cancel at the last moment. used to take noguns to shoot frequently even converted a few into hasguns. then i graduated and frankly taking noguns wasnt fun. you couldn't relax since you always had to keep them from doing something stupid.

mostly shoot alone
>>
>>30262550
>"Black Live Matters"

They have designated areas for them now!?
>>
>>30262422
depends how im feeling or what im trying to accomplish.

if i want to have a good time hanging out then ill invite people

if i want to zero a rifle or work on my accuracy then i go alone
>>
>>30262747
It's called a zoo.
>>
>>30262422
It's easier to get actual helpful practice in since you're there to do just that and not dicking around with your buddies. I like going by myself or with my one other /k/ buddy so we can practice stupid/tacticool looking drills without fear of derision.

But yeah, shooting alone is fun too man, just lose yourself in the moment. Kind of like hiking for me.
>>
>>30262422
I prefer to shoot alone, otherwise i can't run up and down the range.
>>
I'd rather shoot alone.
>>
>>30262422
Damn, I haven't had a kit-kat in like 4 years.
>>
>>30262422
>Browse k
>Have friends

Come on anon, you know we're all loners.
>>
>>30262663
>split the gas
>on a 45 min drive
Stop being poor
>>
>>30262422
I prefer to go with friends since they bring their guns too, but they aren't always available. I mostly shoot alone and end up shooting the shit with other people at the range
>>
>>30262422
Almost exclusively alone, just like when I go innawoods. Other people just take away from the experience.
>>
>>30262422
I shoot alone but now with this Orlando shit happening and living in Florida with a weird name and being brown, I may have to start bringing my white friends with me.
>>
>be me
>none of my friends shoot or own guns

this is the burden that I carry
>>
>>30264742
>not everyone drives a 1.0L diesel Fiat like you europoor
>>
File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>>30262422

even my family don't go
>>
normally i go alone, but i took a girl shooting on friday, and it was actually kind of enjoyable.
>>
I prefer to go alone most of the time becuase I can actually focus on shooting instead of either having to baby sit a new shooter, or constantly have to chat to whoever I am with to not keep it awkward. If I'm not going to talk to the person, why the fuck did we go shoot together in the first place?

If I am in the mood for company, I will ask a few people if they want to go shoot.
>>
>>30262422
I always go alone since I have no friends.
>>
Nah, got a buddy who has a single shot 410 and we go out and shoot all the time.

Some times my boss tags along. He built and 80% AR recently

Another one of my coworkers just bought a DD AR.

Another one just got his CC

We all like to go shooting together when we can.
>>
>>30264742
>V8
> up and down mountain side roads
Next time I'll take your prius
>>
>>30262422
I do most of my target shooting at /k/ meetups.
>>
>>30262422
The reflection in that wrapper looks like a dog.

Anon, are you a dog?
>>
>>30262422
Yes and no

I like shooting by myself for some things. Otherwise I do want a friend to come, but only one or two max. I hate large crowds.
>>
I either shoot alone at the range at the back of my property or I'm letting someone else do the shooting while I watch/facilitate. I hate shooting with people, it's a relaxing solo thing in my opinion, but I also love helping other people fall in love with shooting. There's also different levels, like I'll gladly grab some .22's and go shoot some cans with people but if I'm doing any precision shooting for example I'm doing that alone.

As for technical improvement with an AR, check out https://smile.amazon.com/Art-Tactical-Carbine-Volumn-2nd/dp/B001JEQPKK?sa-no-redirect=1 (you can find torrents) and then do some drills alone. There's a lot less pressure and you can take your time/focus on doing things right, then focus on doing things quickly.
>>
File: dogsprinkler.jpg (29KB, 410x246px) Image search: [Google]
dogsprinkler.jpg
29KB, 410x246px
>>30266695
I hope not. Chocolate is bad for doges.
>>
I don't really prefer to shoot alone. But I check out monthly, and the only person I know who'd even consider doing that has a crazy schedule (her work days start around noon and go till 10, and her "weekends" are M-W), so we couldn't really go together.

I guess I've only been shooting for fun with a group a few times in my life. It is fun though.
>>
>>30266695
I stared at the picture for a solid 5mins and cannot find anything resembling a dog, can you outline it? The blackish reflection is my phone.
>>
>>30266765
Thanks, that looks interesting, I'll check it out, im new to ARs so i was disappointed in my grouping and accuracy. I get great groupings with my 12 gauge and slugs at about 75yards, but i cannot get shit with my AR at 50 yards so im confused. Also i never shot a handgun other than a compact M&P in .40S&W and i was trash at hitting anything at 25yards and out.
>>
File: 1439196391687.jpg (37KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
1439196391687.jpg
37KB, 670x496px
>>30262422
Mixed bag. I work with a bunch of noguns, one who asked me "why do you need a machine gun if you just want to compete?"

That was two years ago. Now 2/3 of my coworkers have gone from "guns be scary" to "yo when can we go to range again?"

Main goal is teaching them safety and the actual capabilities of firearms (e.g. one was arguing for magazine restrictions, then when I taught them how to safely use a pistol, quickly learned how difficult one is to use accurately).

But yeah, I do enjoy letting anti-gunners learn themselves that (at the very least) guns aren't magic murder machines.
>>
File: 1420316716824.jpg (52KB, 384x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420316716824.jpg
52KB, 384x476px
>>30267300
The one asking me about my "machine gun" was looking at a picture of my first AR-15 build.

Also excuse to post more dog.
>>
>>30262422
I go to the rang eat least once a month. If my wife or one of my buddies want to tag along, all the better.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.