[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my purchase /k/. My first AR15

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 4679826d06562cfc97cc991816426e95.png (168KB, 1479x1001px) Image search: [Google]
4679826d06562cfc97cc991816426e95.png
168KB, 1479x1001px
Rate my purchase /k/.

My first AR15
>>
>>30262159
Shit/10 quit panic buying they aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>30262159
It's a basic AR but it's solid. Good purchase.
>>
>>30262181
What do you recommend for attachments? I'm a novice when it comes to guns.

>>30262179
It popped up on slickguns and seemd like a good buy. I've been wanting a long gun for a while now.

pls dont bully me
>>
>>30262159
Good. Now go to Brownell's and buy a 20-pack of their 30-round milspec magazines. Then go to Gunbot and buy 1000 rounds of brass-case ammo. Six months from now you may not be able to.
>>
>>30262209
A sling and a cleaning kit. Nothing more. Nothing superfluous. Just the mags and the ammo.
>>
>>30262216
>>30262234
Quit inciting panic buyers you cancerous toad. No one cares what you think
>>
I just hate how the handle looks like a hand gun
>>
>>30262269
Do you mean pistol grips in general or this ar15 in particular?
>>
>>30262159
not entirely shit/10.

Turning this into QTDDTOF: "Clinton Assault Weapon Ban 2: electric boogaloo" edition

are Promag Industries AR-15 30-Round Rollermags a good investment versus Magpul gen2 AR mags? they cost the same but is the Magpul meme name and normal follower worth more than the product reviews of the rollermags not being shit like every other promag?
>>
>>30262265
I gave the new /k/ommando good sound advice, angryfaggot. Mags and ammo. Sling. Cleaning kit. No tacticool crap.
>>
>>30262216
I'm looking on Gunbot and seeing all kinds of different jargon. The steel casings are cheap, why is that? What do you recommend I go with as far as price/performance?
>>
>>30262332
Steel case is harder on the action and is a cheaper material than brass. It's looked down upon by some. Look for inexpensive brass case in your caliber and don't immediately dismiss factory reloads.
>>
>>30262332
Steel case is cheaper to manufacture; most of it is foreign. I still recommend the least expensive brass case stuff. Which today is:

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammunition/rifle/223-remington/223-55-gr-fmj-reman.html

Save your brass. You'll be money ahead if you get into handloading, and you can sell it to handloaders if you don't.
>>
>>30262293
Well pistol grips on non pistols, but this specific ar15 is on the more extreme end.
>>
>>30262209
I'd start with a sling and maybe change the grip out for a magpul MOE+ grip which is rubberized. That's just my preference. Maybe check out primary arms for a red dot.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-micro-dot-with-push-buttons-and-up-to-50khour-battery-life/p/md-ads/

I got this one. It's not something I'd go to war with but it holds a zero and it's solid and isn't $1,000.
>>
>>30262306
will trump really make posties legal for civilians to own again? I assume they will still have to go through the NFA, but at least they would be easy to obtain again.
>>
>>30262159
Optics.
>>
>>30262414
If Trump wins he'll put a pro-gun judge on the supreme court so that when Hollis v Lynch comes down there's a good chance they'll vote pro-freedom and end the illegal hughes amendment
>>
>>30262414
hollis v holder would hit the supreme court during his term. guaranteed 5-4 decision in favor of gun rights with a trump scalia replacement. Guaranteed upholding of the NFA and a "constitutional" Clinton AWB2 in a Shillary Clinton corporatocracy
>>
>>30262159
Adequate.
Ruger uses a few non-standard parts, but the rifle in itself is fine, you didn't overpay.

I've heard of some people saying the receiver pins are in too tight in theirs, that's about the only really bad thing I've heard about it so far, which isn't the worst thing in the world (you could probably replace them if you think it would be an issue).

>>30262209
Depends, what do you want to attach?
Do you want a vertical foregrip or a light attachment?

How do you like the feel of the stock against your shoulder, how do you like the stock against your cheek?
How do you like the feel of the pistol grip, the angle and shape of it?
How do you like the handguard, do you feel that you get a good grip on it?

Some people like basic M4 or M4-like furniture, others do not

>>30262234
>Nothing superfluous
Swapping out furniture or getting a sight you like better isn't superfluous.
I absolutely hate the grip angle of the common Colt A1 grip, I got another one which is at a straighter angle and has a much better grip texture, made the rifle vastly more pleasant to shoot.

Sling and cleaning-kit is a good idea, as well as magazines.

>>30262265
>panic buying
>bought it at normal market price
Calm your 'tism.
>>
>>30262332
Steel is cheaper, it's usually annealed and given a wash or finish, so that it's a little softer, similar to brass, but it'll put more strain on the extractor anyway. Other than maybe having to replace the extractor sooner (which will take a while, either way), I can't think of any reason it would be an issue.

I've heard that steel cased ammo tends to cycle the best in cartridges with some taper to them, like 7.62x39mm, 8mm Lebel, etc.
Steel cased 5.56x45mm is usually alright.

As for what I'd recommend, I haven't tried it, but I've seen a lot of praise for Wolf Gold, supposedly it's loaded like M193 loadings, which has good effect on meaty targets.

By the way, what other guns do you have, if any? Do you have a pistol?
>>
>>30262159
will any one point sling work?
>>
File: IMAG2342.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2342.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>30262159
Its fine, you could have done a PSA build on an anderson or spikes lower for about as much.

Not including the optic, this was about $580
>>
File: H80926_1.jpg (30KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
H80926_1.jpg
30KB, 400x250px
>>30262623
I've had great experiences with Hornady steel match. About 34cpr and very accurate. I can easily consistently hit steel at 300yrds
>>
File: P10_025_3.jpg (114KB, 639x426px) Image search: [Google]
P10_025_3.jpg
114KB, 639x426px
>>30263367
can you attach a 1point yeah. should you on that stock gun no. the thing is you really want the 1point to be attached here in the middle of the gun. your stock ruger has its sling attachment spot at the very rear of the gun at the bottom of the stock. if you use that sling attachment slot with a one point its horrible the gun hangs too low.
at this point you either replace the endplate so you can attach the one point on or go lowtech and tie it on
>>
>>30262332
Get Wolf Gold.

It's the best plinking ammo out there. I have some Freedom Munitions but it's new manufactured stuff and it's 5.56 M193. I stay away from remanufactured ammo because if it blows your shit up then you are shit out of luck.
>>
>>30262179
>panic buying

no one is panic buying per Google trends. matter o'fact, if anything PSA would have had more panic 2 weeks ago than now, so we're not inna panic.
>>
>>30263432
>you could have done the thing I did to validate me

They both shoot bullets so explain why yours is better aside from your finger prints
>>
>>30262159

good for the price if you plan to leave it as basic. If you were looking to buy a ton of after market parts, building would have been better.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.