[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is making guns really that easy? Have you ever tried to make one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: guns are easy to make.png (991KB, 1036x868px) Image search: [Google]
guns are easy to make.png
991KB, 1036x868px
Is making guns really that easy?
Have you ever tried to make one?
>>
File: 1403653239784.jpg (3MB, 1301x7624px) Image search: [Google]
1403653239784.jpg
3MB, 1301x7624px
>>30260321
Have a bump. This could be a good thread.
>>
nice try, ATF.
>>
>>30260364
fucken saved, thx
>>
>>30260321
>Is making guns really that easy?

Making them is easy as piss. Engineering them, though, is hard. Even simple pipe shotguns are slightly more complicated than people think in terms of the engineering involved.

>Have you ever tried to make one?

No, but I have dicked around with engineering things like trigger groups, etc. Never went beyond marking things up with paper models, though.
>>
File: 4windsshotgun.png (18KB, 799x367px) Image search: [Google]
4windsshotgun.png
18KB, 799x367px
>>
>>30260321
Alright, how can I legally make my own gun in the US?
>>
>Fuck I hate my stupid whore wife, I'm gonna spend a few days buying the parts for and manufacturing a gun to kill that bitch.
>Fuck Taxes, I'm going to kill marines with an unrifled pistol caliber gun made of pot metal
>Fuck normies, I'm going to shoot all the chads at my school using a single shot pipe gun that needs to be disassembled to be reloaded.

These are not good arguments against gun control.
>>
>>30261259
making your own gun IS legal in the US.
>>
>>30261259
You make one
>>
>>30261289
The fact that we live in a society of 336 million people and are estimated to have even more firearms in the country than people is a good argument against gun control.
>>
>>30260321
making a shitty zip gun is easy
crafting a good gun is hard
>>
File: warfairy.jpg (72KB, 1022x575px) Image search: [Google]
warfairy.jpg
72KB, 1022x575px
>>30261289
If you want to go all millennial about it

http://www.printedfirearm.com/
>>
>>30260321
ATF plz go. Are you guys even fucking trying at this point?
>>
File: 1341626656183.jpg (104KB, 760x600px) Image search: [Google]
1341626656183.jpg
104KB, 760x600px
>>30260321
Obligatory image from every DIY gun thread,ever.
>>
i think you can make a one shot gun with a bit of metal pipe, shotgun shell and a nail, so yeah
>>
File: luty38.jpg (117KB, 1312x762px) Image search: [Google]
luty38.jpg
117KB, 1312x762px
http://thehomegunsmith.com/
Obligatory luty
>>
>>30260321
>Is making guns really that easy?
The first Sten gun was designed and built by a toy maker with no knowledge of gunsmithing, so you tell me.
>>
Don't you guys have dogs to shoot?
>>
>>30261259
Make it and keep it for yourself, it's perfectly fine as long as A: The gun itself is compliant with federal law and your state's law and B: You're not trying to sell it. Making guns to sell IS illegal if you don't have a proper business set up for it. Making a gun for yourself is totally fine.
>>
>>30261289
No paperwork needed? Just make a fun that's not full auto?
>>
File: RELAWM30622.001_2.jpg (117KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
RELAWM30622.001_2.jpg
117KB, 640x430px
This was made at home by the guy who would design the Owen gun for ww2
>>
>INB4 ATF commits doggocide in a 15 mile radius from OP's home
>>
Well i mean sure its "easy" but what about safety and possible misfire? Thats the real concern.

Actually its not really possible to injure yourself with a gun designed for modern bullets so its relatively safe i guess
>>
>>30261289
>Lel, I went to /k/ and posted about gun control
>>
So hypothetical, if they ban and take away all guns, why would they not also get rid of ammunition for civilian purchase? would this not make most of these designs impractical due to the scarcity of ammunition in this hypothetical situation? What would be a good workaround?
>>
>>30263015
ammunition has been made out of poop and pee for hundreds of years. Black powder won't be nearly as effective or reliable as smokeless powder, but it'll work for your liberator.
>>
>>30261069
If I did that with boolit instead of shotshell and made the front barrel basically a big silencer, could I create a silent slambang?
>>
>>30261307
I bet you you have more coins and bills and fucking knives and scissors than people in your country. Is that a good argument? I can strap 20 knives to my body and stuff one in my urethra and will gun control solve that? No.

Gun control doesn't mean there should be less guns than people or even equal guns to people. Number is irrelevant. The ratio legal:illegal guns is important.
>>
>>30263015
blackpowder.
matchstick heads.
Blasting powder (which is mostly the same as blackpowder but with a different oxidiser)

less effective but for Guerrilla tactics it'd suffice.
>>
>>30263362
what he means is that as soon as a control law is passed than all those guns which violate that law become illegal.

and your counting on goodwill and a willingness to obey the law to prevent those guns going anywhere.
>>
>>30263471
Fuck, I read that wrong. I read "FOR gun control". I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

But yeah, gun control takes guns from obeying citizens. In my country, a move is currently in the making that will make expired gun license owners liable to get their guns taken away. I am completely in favor of that. Those guns basically become illegally held at that point. Also, I live in a village of 400 where about 50 people are old, senile and thick-as-two-planks gamekeepers. Those fuckers are like 80, they don't see jack shit and they don't bother to extend their license. Fuck them. They specifically have the gun for game keeping, yet they don't and CAN'T do that! They wouldn't see a boar or deer at more than 20 meters!
>>
>>30263532
>>30263471
Holy shit my formulation skills are out the window.

I am for gun control when it actually does something about illegally held guns. In my country, it's pretty easy. Exam, range exam, doc's note that I'm healthy and I'm good to go. Because we don't have the 2A here, it's understood as normal. And it works quite well. This is the gun control I am in favour of. The GC I am NOT in favour of is the one where everyone except the police is prohibited from owning firearms. That's bad times.
>>
File: Doubleslappistol.jpg (474KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Doubleslappistol.jpg
474KB, 2550x3300px
>>30260321

Here you go.
>>
>>30263844
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>30263305
You're a lot more likely to kill yourself if you use a bullet
>>
>>30263015
Beyond homemade black powder, you still have black market.
The guy in charge as to keep guns for himself , otherwise why even ban them in the first place? Therefore he has to keep producing bullets for his own guns, and those are a lot easier to smuggle than full size weapons.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.