[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EUROSATORY 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20

File: ESY16_logo fond noir_date eng.jpg (507KB, 1999x1076px) Image search: [Google]
ESY16_logo fond noir_date eng.jpg
507KB, 1999x1076px
No thread about the Worlds Largest Military Grade Land and Air-land Defence and Security Exhibition ?

Fine let's have one ! Lots of new stuff this year.
>>
File: Ck0b-RyWgAAckCr.jpg (107KB, 1172x879px) Image search: [Google]
Ck0b-RyWgAAckCr.jpg
107KB, 1172x879px
>>30259378
And for a start, this is the new Rheinmetal 130 (yes one hundred thirty) mm L51 smoothbore MBT gun.

It is intended to be the main armament for the future generation of tanks which will replace the Leo 2.
>>
>>30259378
>No thread about the Worlds Largest Military Grade Land and Air-land Defence and Security Exhibition
Do you not suspect a reason for that?
>>
I wanted to go this year but too much actual work to do at my job
>>
File: Ckw-mIzWgAASaKw.jpg (111KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
Ckw-mIzWgAASaKw.jpg
111KB, 1200x795px
>>30259394
The jaguar 6x6 AFV has a new design featuring a turret with fully enclosed missile bays.

>>30259409
>Do you not suspect a reason for that?
Because it's in le baguette country ? Companies from all over the world are present whatsoever.
>>
>>30259444
Also some news about the Leclerc, presented with an upgraded AZUR (urban environment) kit both on the hull and turret. A new remote controled turret featuring a 7.62 mg is also displayed.
>>
>>30259444
After the terrible looking CGI from last month, it doesn't look that bad from that angle.

>>30259485
I assume they revamped the whole communication equipment to be Scorpion-compliant? Any other new thing on it beside the AZUR kit and com? THe CAD drawing they released a couple years ago had plenty of possible things that were considered.

>>30259394
Please tell me that's an ETC gun.
>>
File: CkxeNUqW0AAgPlf.jpg (204KB, 1200x795px) Image search: [Google]
CkxeNUqW0AAgPlf.jpg
204KB, 1200x795px
>>30259485
Rear view
>>
>>30259378
How did it happen that the largest exhibition ended up in france? Not complaining or anything, just curious about what made it so succesful.
>>
>>30259394
that is one huge dong.
>>
File: CkVqnm4XEAAuE70.jpg (286KB, 2048x1371px) Image search: [Google]
CkVqnm4XEAAuE70.jpg
286KB, 2048x1371px
>>30259518
About the Leclerc, yes it will be fully integrated within the new system. There will also be a 360° surveillance and detection mast and a new anti-mine floor plate.

These developments are probably going to be possible thanks to a saudi contract, but no one knows exactly what this contract would be about. Rumors are the saudis are dissatisfied with their Abrams and would like Leclercs like the emiratis, I'm wondering if this is serious or not.

>Please tell me that's an ETC gun.
no infos about this (for now).

Also, pic related will be presented : new light tank from KMW.
>>
>>30259554
Because it developed year after year, inviting new companies from other countries to show what they got (for example in 2014 it was the first time the japanese defense industry was presented in an international event).

In the end it became a rendez-vous the size it has today. It's still not very well known in the US, but in Europe, Asia, and the middle east, it is.
>>
>>30259580
I hear that all the time.
>>
>>30259630
unless you are a Leo 2 I highly doubt that.
>>
>>30259394

>not ETC

Into the trash it goes!
>>
>>30259613
I think it comes from the opening to Russia just after the cold war, it was probably the first exhibit regrouping both East and West, suddenly everyone from both spheres of influence had a meeting point and could mingle and chase contracts on the other guys' turf, or for the buyers to see what they have to sell you either cheaper or better than what you used to get until then.
>>
>>30259554
To give you numbers :

200 delegations from 121 countries this year.

France (530), USA (137), UK (76), Israel (56), Italy (45), China (36), Russia (12), Lituania (7), Pakistan (7), Iran (2), Taiwan (2 ), Sudan (1), Malta (1),

Asia progresses by 30% with 120 cumulated exhibitors.

Also cyber defense companies will be represented this year.
>>
>>30259378
I have a press pass but I couldn't afford the trip
>>
>>30259378
>No thread about the Worlds Largest Military Grade Land and Air-land Defence and Security Exhibition ?

How surprising

>>30259595
Looks like an Anders
>>
>>30259741
I have a pro pass but my boss sent me to fucking africa :/
>>
File: 89577-JSF_concept_full6.jpg (38KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
89577-JSF_concept_full6.jpg
38KB, 620x349px
>>30259394
when dear god we need Abrams 2 or whatever (or call it the schwarzkopf) and Leopard 3 (maybe go back to panther) why dear god and new IFV'S
>>
File: CklNA7UWUAAkfBn.jpg (181KB, 1200x857px) Image search: [Google]
CklNA7UWUAAkfBn.jpg
181KB, 1200x857px
The VBMR Griffon, new IFV for the french army supposed to replace the VAB. This is still a mock up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wdQD4v-anw
>>
>>30259722
>Iran
please post pics of whatever hilarious paper tiger they conjured.
they are masters of putting up a show.
>>
>>30259753
That sucks
Im a college kid who started a shitty little ammo review site and somehow they gave me a pass. I applied as a joke.
I wanna go so bad. Maybe next year
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 747x1024px
>>30259394
>>
>>30259770
Link to your website?
>>
>>30259394
This will equip the next Franco-German tank that will replace Leclerc and Leo 2. Without a doubt.
>>
>>30259864
Munitionsreview.com
Haven't done anything with it in a while, made it this time last year hoping to get into affiliate marketing and it never took, so I just update it some times. Need to add like 8 new ammos.
>>
>>30259595
>Rumors are the saudis are dissatisfied with their Abrams and would like Leclercs like the emiratis, I'm wondering if this is serious or not.
Saudis are basically shit and cant into tank warfare so instead of looking at where they went wrong in Yemen, they blame the vehicle and buy new ones in a hissy fit?
>>
>>30259770
If its that easy to get a pass, then I might just create a website and dump images of tanks and then apply for a pass to eurosatory then.
>>
>>30259960
I may even be easier, last i heard french who work in defense secotr (industry or army) can apply for a pass, maybe it's the same for foreigner.
>>
>>30259948
the export armor package on the Abrams might be shit
Logistics might also be a headache

Anyways, is there any advances in active protection systems exhibited?
>>
>>30259960
It really is that easy
Trying for shotshow next
>>
>>30260005
Thats no excuse for parking your tank in the middle of a field and waiting for an ATGM to hit it, to keeping the ammo doors open so when its hit, they can blow up in the crew compartment.

You could give Americans M48 pattons and train them well and they would still be better than the Saudis with their Abrams tanks.
>>
>>30259960
It's easy as fuck, I could get a pass just because the company I work for had a small contract with the army four or five years ago (delivering spareparts for one of their trucks)
>>
>>30259879
France ruins any multinational deal they've ever been apart of. I literally can't think of any joint defense contract where the French didn't chimp out and develop their own gear.
>>
>>30260674
>French didn't chimp out and develop their own gear.
Welp, they no longer can make their own small arms since their government shut down their factories. Which is a shame, I really dig the improvements of he FAMAS G2
>>
>>30260674
>France ruins any multinational deal they've ever been apart of
Cause strong industry lobby, false sense of autonomy (their economy and country is strongly interwoven into the modern Europe yet they pretend can beat China and the likes alone) and special snowflake needs.
They could have gotten the Eurofighter instead they got that shitty Rafal.
>>
>>30260674
>where the French didn't chimp out and develop their own gear

Or buy shittier gear elsewhere.
They were to replace their old FAMAS with FN scars and secretly hoped Belgium would buy their overpriced Rafales fighters in return, which Belgium said they couldn't afford right now, so the frenchies got assmad and are now looking for a contract with beretta or H&K.
>>
>>30260674
KMW and Nexter merged.

There is no german armored vehicle maker anymore.
>>
>>30260764
Really? Is Rheinmetall in their fold? They're making Pumas right now.
>>
>>30259378
>Eurosatory
>Satory
Yes, it's a bit underground but we put on a good show.
>>
File: rmonFE1veC4.jpg (196KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
rmonFE1veC4.jpg
196KB, 1200x900px
>>30259485
>>30259526
>>
>>30260764

What about Rheinmetal? I remember seeing recruitment adds about Rheinmetal-MAN needing people to make boxers in the Netherlands.
>>
>>30260790
>Rheinmetall
They are still there but they are mostly gun makers.

They always partnered up with KMW for vehicles.
>>
File: ceq7CpCS0fc.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
ceq7CpCS0fc.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
>>30260798
>>
>>30260798
why?
>>
>>30260841
>Mentally ill people being disruptive
Why are you surprised? They need to be in a mental institution.
>>
>>30260798
God damn hippies
>>
>>30260859
yeah but like I see a gay pride flag and they're painting a tank made to protect them, what are they protesting?
>>
>>30259394
>130mm
>not ETC
>Only accepts chamber pressures to that the XM360 has that's 120mm

Boondoggle.
>>
>>30260879
Because they're retards
>>
>>30260813
Is this the urban riot control edition
>>
>>30260879
the general it was named after lived over 50 years ago
I'm sure he has said/done something that we would now concider "homophobic" while he freed france from the boch and thus saved thousands of faggots from the concentration camps
>>
>>30260798
>painting tanks to their colors
Did they try to steal it and start the removal of the Kebab?
>>
>>30260005
It has far more to do with the fact that Saudi logistics is a fucking nightmare. 3 different types of tanks, with the best always reserved for the most loyal units, and then the entire hording mentality of their logistics officers is absurd. Why Arabs Lose Wars is spot on in regards to their logistics.
>>
>>30260909
Like they fucking know what tank it is.

They're just protesting on it because it's an imperialist war machine.
>>
>>30260909
If I remember correctly he was more of a far right kind of guy and really catholic until he did a 180 in 1940 and decided to remove Boche.
>>
>>30260674
>Sepecat Jaguar
>SAMP/T
>Tiger
>NH90
>A400M
>Horizon class
>FREMM class
>Neuron demonstrator

It's like you're not even trying. The list goes on. Funny thing is, out of all the times french industrial and operational needs took precedence over european cooperation the Rafale/EF2000 matter is pretty much the only one were they were justified to do so, which certainly demonstrates how little you know besides the usual tired memes.
>>
>>30261276
>NH90
>A400M
>Tiger

The french are alright but come on mate.
>>
>>30260798
>>30260813
useless meatbags
>>
>>30261337
I didn't say these products don't have flaws that demand correction (though i'd be happy to know what your gripe with the Tiger is), but from an industrial standpoint and involvment of the frogs i fail to see the problem.
>>
>>30259378
Is this event open to the public, or do you need to be sponsered/approved? I'm assumed they're very picky about how will actually show up.
>>
>>30260879
Seems to be a peace flag rather than the gay pride one - note the white letters on it and lack of a pink band in the rainbow
>>
>>30261573
Not open to the public.
>>
>>30261573
Only professionals, though if your company has even a remote interest in the field it is likely they will accept your request for a pass.
>>
>>30259769
I don't suppose you know that they do produce mp5, mg3, PKM and DShK, not to mention RPG-7, ATGM, mortar and even 122mm howitzer

They also produce variety of munitions. Maybe it doesn't mean shit to you but for other third world countries, it's a business prospect to them
>>
>>30259444
>The jaguar 6x6 AFV
No APS? Did they know what current year is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0nDHV_mkiY
>>
>>30260196
>Thats no excuse for making your tank from cardboard
Fixed for you.
>>
>>30261816
There are what looks like laser warning receivers at the angles of the turret so i'd say it has automated soft-kill defense/grenade launchers. As long as the missile doesn't hit, doesn't matter how.
>>
>>30261276

>Sepecat Jaguar

Which France fucked over by enforcing it to be a much smaller and less capable jet than the British wanted, because France wanted it as a trainer, then never used it as one.

>Tiger
>NH90
>A400M

Which France have fucked over for everyone else by refusing to export proper supply amounts outside of supporting only themselves, which is the reason why Australia have given the fuck up and is buying something other than the Tiger already, despite owning them less than a decade.

>FREMM class

Which the Italians had to spend a lot of money completely unfucking.

>Neuron demonstrator

The one that France joined, and then immediately dropped everyone else on to instead partner with the UK.

France is shit tier reliable for partnerships.
>>
>>30261890
Oh yeah, France fuck every projects but countries still calling for partnership.

Are you retarded or something like that? Are you more clever than the whole european weapon industry? A frenchman fucked your wife?
>>
File: 1464724894414.jpg (9KB, 136x166px) Image search: [Google]
1464724894414.jpg
9KB, 136x166px
>>30261890
So much shit-tier the next MBT of Germany will be a France/Germany partnership and the next combat drone of UK (FCAS) will be a France/UK partnership.
>>
>>30261890
>The one that France joined, and then immediately dropped everyone else on to instead partner with the UK.

It part of the bribing to get the UK buy the VBCI.

They've already openly admitted they'll buy the British Watchkeeper drone if the UK picks the VBCI for its FRES program.
>>
>>30261975
*It is
>>
>>30261890
>Sepecat Jaguar
Funny is that when the opposite would have happened for the Rafale/Typhoon different requirement people like you say France should have sucked it up.

>Tiger
>NH90
>A400M
Australia wanted locally sourced part for their modifications of the Tiger and then discovered quality insurance was shit and maintenance as well as pilot doctrines was utterly inadequate. A400M problems have nothing with parts delivery, or at least, part delivery wouldn't be a problem if the flaws weren't so common and required such a surge of spares. Program is still in its early years. As for the NH90 as far as I know, within the limits of what the helo is supposed to do, all problems were sourced back to the frames build in Italy, including the cracks on the german ones and rust of the danish ones.

>FREMM class
Different requirements meant different final product after the common phase. The italian one is better on several parts, doesn't mean the french one is "fucked". As far as I can tell for DCNS and Fincantierri are 100% alright with how the development phase went.

>Neuron demosntrator
>The one that france joined
Dear God, no, haha, are you even trying? Neuron was a Dassault in-house project before they invited half of Europe into it. The Frog-Bong program didn't sign the end of the Neuron evaluation and it is still flying, currently tested for integration with the Charles de Gaule, don't know if that means touch and go or simply flying around under its command.
>>
>>30261975
You're one year late. The Watchkeeper was not selected, no matter what happens with the FRES program.
>>
>>30261930
>So much shit-tier the next MBT of Germany will be a France/Germany partnership
There is no other choice because the german mbt maker is now merged with the french mbt maker.
>>
>>30262239
Well if germany wasn't okay for that they would have pushed for a KMW-Rheinmetal merge, or a least sabotaged the Nexter one. Besides who doesn't want to see what a Leo2-Leclerc offspring would look like?
>>
>>30262313
The fucking german traitor government is happy that the frenchies get the german afv knowledge and that the arms industry is dying. Our own fucking economy minister has said he wants to reduce the arms industry and they introduced lots of bullshit to hurt them.

The boss of KMW said he has to merge with the frenchies because the german government basicly bullied him into that or not being able to do any business anymore.

You cant even comprehend how fucking stupid this country is.

Nexter is partly owned by the french state.

There is only one obvious winner of this whole thing.
>>
>>30262313
Merkel is in charge of Germany now, they would be ok with abolishing the whole military altogether
>>
>>30262052

>currently tested for integration with the Charles de Gaule, don't know if that means touch and go or simply flying around under its command.

It's nothing more fancy than just flying around while connecting to the CdG's network, but the CdG won't be controlling anything, just ensuring it can connect to it.
>>
>>30261890

>A400M
>Shitty Spanish CASA program management
>faulty Spanish coded FADEC
>Faulty italian designed and produced, US owned company, gearbox
>Faulty french-brit-german designed, German headquartered, spain produced engines
>hundreds of quality insurance defects found on planes out of final assembly in spain

>it's all the damn frogs fault.
I might detect some very slight bias here.
>>
>>30262497
Oh, and finally found were the wings, which suffer from a premature crack, are made.
United Kingdom

Truly those frogs are masters at sabotaging everything they touch.
>>
File: Centauro II AFV.jpg (175KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Centauro II AFV.jpg
175KB, 1200x675px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZQ3XY6vVU
>>
>>30261881
>There are what looks like laser warning receivers at the angles of the turret
To bad TOW, Metis, Javelin and Hongjian-12 don't use lasers.
>>
>>30261890
>get proven wrong
>start moving the goal post

Yeah, all the problems in the world are France's fault. Show us on the doll where those evil frenchies touched you.
>>
>>30263113
Blogs will probably have articles on it before the end of the week, we'll know more about it. I'd be surprised they didn't put any thought into it, still, the frenchies are not big on hard-kill, so that's very unlikely.
>>
hopefully the bren 2 wont be forgotten in the US civvy market. i hope it gets here and is as big as the scar market is
>>
>>30263113
Just watched presentation from today, Leclerc XLR, Griffon and Jaguar (and VBCI down the line after upgrade) have 360° detection of lasers and missile launching flashes (no idea if they can detect in-flight missiles after launch in case of concealed firing but i'd say yes, at that point no reason to assume there is such an oversight), as well as acoustic threat detection and categorization of weapon sounds, able to estimate which vehicle is targeted by the missile or shell even if that's not the one who performed the detection, and trigger soft kill defenses of relevant vehicle(s) as well as offer aim bearing to best suited weapon in range depending on threat. They also have augmented reality in screens and glasses (i knew we had interactive screens but glasses is a new info for me as well) all friendly units within communication bubble, priority info from upper echelons, etc.
>>
>>30259394

I cant wait to see it beeing tested on a Leo 2
>>
File: DSC_7529.jpg (205KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7529.jpg
205KB, 1600x1062px
>>
File: DSC_7530.jpg (316KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7530.jpg
316KB, 1600x1062px
>>
File: DSC_7534.jpg (206KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7534.jpg
206KB, 1600x1062px
>>
File: f76600d478.jpg (269KB, 811x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f76600d478.jpg
269KB, 811x1080px
>>
>>
>>30264199
>missile launching flashes
Wonder how that works. I know that the Apache has 2 or 3 bottom-mounted cameras that take several pictures per second, while comparing them with known signatures of muzzle flashes and rocket launces. Maybe something along those lines?
>>
>>30268065
would be interesting to see what needs to be done to the ammo system on, say a Leo2, to handle these new rounds.
>>
>>30270279
a fuck huge turret with an auto loader
>>
File: 130mm L51 ammunition.png (459KB, 796x960px) Image search: [Google]
130mm L51 ammunition.png
459KB, 796x960px
>>30268065
>>30270179
i tried something
>>
>>30270619
Except that there is a theoretical and practical limit on the L/D of the flying projectile of 40:1 and 30:1 respectively.
The projectile protrusions aren't thicker so the whole length could very well be the same.
>>
>>30270637
well, the one on the far left have the same lenght as the DM63 on the far right
>>
>>30261576
>peace flag
Unless we totally abolish individualism and every human's desire and free thought, there will never be peace because there will always be conflict. And it takes stronger people to accept and prepare for that, rather then giving up and seeking the easy way ("peace man!!! No more wars!!")
>>
>>30260879
the protest the American gay club mass shooting
>>
>>30259822
I wonder the level of denial that is going to be in circulation quite soon over the fact that this gun is stated to replace the 120mm L55 because the L55 can't penetrate the T-14 and T-90A tanks. And the L55 replaced the L44 because the L44 couldn't penetrate the T80U and late T-72B(1989). But people will still claim the L44 is a fine gun that can destroy anything in the world because it fires magic and unicorns and chamber pressure and velocity of the penetrator doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>30270271
something like like the fisheye IR sensors of Spectra, or the AN/AAQ-37.
>>
>>30271011
Lol what? What does that have to do with French tanks?
>>
>>30271011
No, there is a group of peace protesters in front of the entrance of the exhibition. With "Supermarket of death" slogans and such. Which I find super cool and certainly beats Eurosatory, they should rename the thing. Mayvbe something that rolls nicely on the tongue? How about naming EuroDeathMarket ?
>>
And the Lynx turns out to be a Marder with a Lance style turret.

http://dtrmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Lynx-IFV-Special-Supplement.pdf
>>
>>30271176
ATGM on the left side of the turret?
so what on the right side
>>
>>30271176
Nice, but i fail to understand how the KF 31, being the same dimension as the KF 41 but having lighter weigh and probably more internal space due to smaller engine, less armor, probably lighter suspension as well, cannot carry 8 dismounts as well but only 6.
>>
im surprised its in paris
>>
>>30273648
It's discussed a bit above. The fact that the USA participated in 92 when it turned international and the Russians 2 years later might indeed be a good explanation to the fact that every buyer wanted to come and have a look at what the other ex-bloc had to offer either better or cheaper, and for the seller to chase contracts in the other camp's traditional sphere of influence, seems a a plaushible explanation. They had the right audience appearing at the right time to raise everyone's ineterest and make it the largest exhibition out there.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.