[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you reccomend for my first weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: ruger.jpg (10KB, 1098x265px) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
10KB, 1098x265px
The only gun i ever shot in my life was a single barrel shotgun

I am going to get a weapon soon an i am on a tight budget. I want something quality that wont break or malfunction on me Preferably made in the usa.

I've been considering the ruger 10/22 or an AR 15 for my first weapon

What do you recommend /k/?
Oh btw what should i buy if i wanna shoot through body armor?
>>
Bolt action .22 is always the correct answer
>>
>>30226386
This, but if you're going to get a semi-auto get a 10/22.
>>
>>30226969
>>30225609
Also an AR isn't a bad first gun. It's extremely easy to maintain due to it's simplicity.
>>
>>30225609
>Tight budget
What are we talking about here summerfag?
>>
>>30225609
>shoot through body armor
Level 4? Probably nothing since you even asked this.
>>
>>30225609
Both are good choices. I would lean 10/22 as firstguns. The low noise/recoil of the .22 helps keep you from certain bad habits and newbie jitters. It's also pretty cheap to practice with, even with modern .22 prices.
The AR15 is still a soft shooter though, so it wouldn't kill you to start there.
>>
>>30225609
>I want something quality that wont break or malfunction on me

Wow, what a mindblowing set of requirements.

How about you give us some useful information, like what state you live in, what your budget is, and what purpose you want this gun to fulfill.
>>
>>30227003
>Implying he even knows the different NIJ levels of ballistic protection
>>
>>30226386
Recommended bolt action .22s?
>>
>>30225609
The 5.56 and .223 are too expensive to learn to shoot with. OK maybe not the. 223, but they'll hurt the condition of your weapon by bouncing around the barrel.. 22 is fine.
>>
>>30227384
>Ruger American rimfire
Not expensive, awesome magazines, made in murica, and is available in 22lr,Magnum, and 17hmr!
>>
>>30227384
CZ 452 is the one rifle pretty much universally agreed upon as being the rifle for you when you ask "what .22 should I get?" It feels like a real rifle rather than a cheap toy. I fucking love mine and I'm glad I chose it over some cheaper options

If you want to spend a little less then the Savage mk2's are pretty good. And the Ruger american's are pretty good too, and with the ruger you get to use their awesome rotary mags
>>
>>30227415
I've heard a lot of bad things lately about Ruger Americans, have I been getting meme'd?

>>30227416
Alternatively I've heard good things about CZs lately.

I'll have to see if theres a lgs I can go fingerfuck them all at.
>>
>>30227426
I have a ruger American ranch in 5.56 and is has been awesome. Nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>30227416
No. They might be the universal bolt choice. But without a doubt the universal 22 choice is the 10/22.
>>
>>30225609
Alec? And as other anons before me have said, can't go wrong with a bolt or semi 22. Personally I'd look into rugers takedown 10/22, due to its popularity and variety of accessories and shit of that liking.
>>
>>30227411
You dumb fuck. ARS chambered in 556 can do .223 just fine. They are the exact same diameter. 5.56 is just the NATO designation.
>>
>>30227845
You're both right and wrong

5.56mm is loaded to higher pressures than commercial .223, however .223 will perform with suboptimal accuracy out of 5.56mm barrels because of the chamber differences

If a gun is chambered in 5.56mm, it can shoot both safely
If a gun is chambered in .223, don't shoot anything but .223 out of it (the occasional 5.56mm will be fine, but why accelerate wear on your gun?)

If you have more money to shell out, you can get a .223 Wylde barrel. They're designed in such a way that they can shoot both safely and with optimal accuracy.
>>
>>30227544
You're right, I should have specified .22 bolt guns
>>
>>30227591
Is the Alec you're talking about have a last name starting with A and ending in T?
>>
>>30225609
>tight budget
>considering AR15
Wut?

Anyway, a .22 is cheap to buy and cheap to feed. You can shoot it all day without going broke or getting a sore shoulder. But it's basically just a toy. You can kill rodents and birds with it, but it's not really useful for hunting or as a weapon.

An AR15 will cost you like 3x as much and the ammunition is similarly more expensive. It's got more kick than a .22 but it should still be easily controllable even for a novice. It can get expensive if you intend to spend all day plinking targets, but it's a potent weapon against mid-sized animals or dindus.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.