[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, pick my first 9mm!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: USP 9x19.jpg (184KB, 1024x791px) Image search: [Google]
USP 9x19.jpg
184KB, 1024x791px
My options:

USP 9, $575. Comes with holster, rail, three mags and mag pouch. 500 rounds through it

P-07, $400. Comes with 2 mags and decocker. 4700 rounds through it

Sig P320, $450. Comes with one replacement frame and 2 mags. "Like new condition"

This will be a range toy mostly, and a bedside gun. I like DA/SA but don't mind striker fired.
What would you fags do?
>>
>>30224412
I'd get the USP, especially for that price
>>
>>30224412
The USP will outlast all of the other pistols by a wide margin.
And that is an amazing price for a USP, I saw a worn out USP .45 at the last gunshow i went to.
>>
>>30224412
USP for 600?

thats a steal
>>
>>30224412
me being a cz fag would recommend the USP and then the sig second
>>
>>30224412

I have about 300 rounds through my P-07 with no failures, but id ask the dude why hes selling his at precisely 4700 rounds. Maybe he fucked it up. I cant speak for any of the other choices, but I do enjoy my P-07 and would like to get another.
>>
My only worry about the USP is my babby hands, but otherwise that's the one I'm setting my sights on.
>>
USP price is tight jump on that shit.

P-07 is a great gun and is likely fine after 4700 rounds but $400 isn't anywhere near as good of a deal as the USP.
>>
>>30224412
USP 9
>>
>>30224492
It's not exactly 4700, but he rounded it to that because he estimated between 4500 and 5000. Hes selling it because he bought another Gen 2 with a threaded barrel
>>
>>30224412
Only having direct experience with the USP Id say its a good buy. Reliable and dependable, easy to clean. Trigger pull is a bit heavy but for me the ergonomics are solid.

If you can try and test fire all three. Plenty of ranges rent, and should have at least two of three listed or very similar variants.
>>
File: USP9c_snow.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
USP9c_snow.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>30224412
USP
>>
>>30224526

"Im selling this gun because I bought another of the same one" is exactly what I wouldn't want to hear. Im wary of people trying to dump their busted guns after getting nowhere with customer service of the manufacturer, but maybe you arent a paranoid autist like me
>>
>>30224412
you can get a new p07 for 450.
>>
>>30224427
>especially for that price
>>30224474
>thats a steal
>>30224446
>And that is an amazing price for a USP

There are basically two types of USP owners. Those who think that these guns retain all of their value, and willingly shell out $800+ for a used one listed in the classifieds of HKPro. And then there are the rest of us who understand that these are $500 guns, and they regularly sell for that price on Armslist AND Jewbroker.

Granted, the 9mm USP's do command a slight premium, even in the face of this depreciation, but it's not that much. I sold my USP 9mm for $650 not too long ago, while USP .40's were sitting on Armslist for weeks listed in the $500-550 range and not selling. The guy I sold my USP 9mm to apparently decided that he didn't like it, so I saw him trying to sell it - he had it listed for $750 (God damn Jew), and it sat and sat for weeks at that price. He even relisted it several times and then finally lowered the price to $700 probably sold it for somewhere in the $620-650 range. So, $575 is a good price for a 9mm USP, but it's not THAT good.

>>30224412
Only thing you need to understand about the USP is that it is not kind to smaller hands/shorter fingers. It's a pretty fat gun, but the deal-breaker for me, and why I sold mine, was just how long the double-action trigger pull is.

Those don't sound like very good deals for the P-07 and P320. I remember when the P320's first came out, a couple stores had sales where even the models with night sights were being listed in the $450-475 range, new, although now they have raised the prices on them.
>>
>>30225535
>was just how long the double-action trigger pull is.
And by that I mean the distance of the trigger reach, not the actual quality of the USP trigger pull, which is very good.
>>
>>30225554
I installed the variant 9 detent plate on mine and keep it condition 1, the fact the USP can do that is the reason I bought one.
>>
>>30224412
The USP will shit all over that list. They are trash compared to the USP.
>source: me
>>
>>30225535
The USP isn't fat, it is long in the grip. If you have big palms and shorter fingers you should be fine, if you have small hands all around then you are fucked.
>>
Btw. How do you guys feel about the P30

I'm not OP, but I'm debating between USP and P30
>>
>>30227158
It isn't long in the grip.

What makes me dislike the grip is the fact that it's fat and it has a short grip.
>>
>>30227274
I like everything about the P30 except for the long slide stop leaver. I like the LEM guns and on those they put the longer slide stop leaver on them, so I will probably get a P2000 down the line.
>>
>>30227305
Then you never handled a USP then. It is a rectangular grip with most of its size in its length front to back.
>>
USP 45 owner here, I agree with this guy >>30227336
>>
>>30225535
>watching a guys armslist history closely for a month

either you are lying, or a really sad little man
>>
>>30227158
Finally, someone who gets it
I've got normal sized fingers but smallish hands, and the usp's grip is just barely too long front-to-back for me to hold it comfortably.

I spend about 5 minutes every day feeling bad because of that
>>
USP 9 cuz of dat price
>>
>>30227158
>The USP isn't fat, it is long in the grip.

The sky is green and grass is blue.
>>
>>30228295
Why are you mentally retarded? I check Armslist every day. Of course I'm going to notice my own gun when it's relisted every few days for weeks at a time.
>>
>>30228327
Just because you think your hands are "smallish" doesn't make them so.
>>
I've had a p320 (full size) and p07 (40 cal Gen 1, and 9mm Gen 2), ran a few local competitions with both. The sig is an excellent gun. Awesome trigger, everything is super smooth, nice sights, modular etc. I got rid of it because my thumbs always ride the slide stop on sigs. Never had a malfunction in about 1000 rounds.

Both p07s had break in periods of several hundred rounds, where I'd get multiple malfunctions per magazine. After about 400 rounds, my 9mm has run 100% for about 1500 rounds. Didn't keep the 40 because I didn't know about the break in period (was new to guns). I keep the decocker on mine instead of the safety. You can get a brand new one for about $450 though.

I'd go with the Sig or usp for that price.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.