[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FA conversion kit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ss+(2016-06-09+at+06.14.30).jpg (57KB, 647x434px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-09+at+06.14.30).jpg
57KB, 647x434px
I'm guessing this has been poster before but would like to see /k/'s opinions on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhv4hMGdQ_g

At first I was skeptical and thought this was an ATF bait video for idiots but when you go to their website they go to great lengths to cite the various laws pertaining to the subject to clarify that these kits do not violate the law as they are currently sold and only become illegal after modifying them. They even offer raw material kits for those who are still not convinced it's some sort of trap.

https://arfullauto.com/

The part that interests me is how they claim they can turn a completely stock AR-15 fully auto with just this small kit. Anyone here take the leap of faith to try and purchase one?
>>
>>30221347
It is what they say it is. It's legal until you modify it. Do a mail order and have it sent to a friend who doesn't own an AR If you're worried.
>>
>>30221347
>>30221391
This.

The kit isn't illegal, modifying and installing it is the part that would get you in trouble. If you wanted to purchase one to put it in your AR, it'd probably be best not to make a thread about it.
>>
>>30221523
OP here

I don't even own an AR to put it in, I am just curious as to how they have modified your typical stock AR to be FA without heavy modification to the gun itself like you have to do with RDIAS and other methods.
>>
>>30221551
Haven't looked at the specs but it could be a simple lightening link, they're not too complicated
>>
>>30221579
I thought a lightning link still required a FA bolt carrier and trigger group though, though.
>>
>>30221594
If you read the description on the site, it says the kit comes with a FA BCG and their special trigger control group travel reducer. It's probably exactly that, phrased specifically for legal purposes.
>>
>>30221621
Well, it comes with a counterweight to replicate a FA BCG, that is.
>>
>>30221594
Bolt carrier, but not trigger group. Unless you want select fire.
>>
>>30221594
a lightning link will not work with a f/a bolt carrier at all. it still uses the standard semiauto trigger and hammer
the ll makes the gun fullauto/safe only

a rdias requires a fullauto bcg, the real safety, and a fa trigger and hammer. you get real select fire with a rdias
>>
Placing an order now OP. I'll report back on how educational and rapidly informative it is in it's unmodified legal state when it comes in.
>>
>>30221347
Is it illegal in Canada to just own the kit or do I have to install it to become a felon?
>>
>>30221930
>fbitipsubmitted.jpg
>>
File: 1401685399777.jpg (736KB, 1296x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1401685399777.jpg
736KB, 1296x1956px
>>30221747
You need to buy a DPMS "Commercial" spec bolt carrier for it to work.
>>
>>30221948
Depends on "intent' laws in Canada.

In the US there has been measures made to protect people experimenting with drafting and making their own firearms, I don't know if Canada has that same level of protection.

Truthfully, the ATF could still nail people for this because all they'd have to claim is you had the intent to manufacture a machine gun and that alone can warrant time in jail with a hefty fine which is pretty hard to argue against in court.
>>
>>30221951
Not at all illegal hombre, I clearly stated it will be unmodified and used for educational purposes.

FBI come at me, and I have no dog ATF
>>
>>30221980
If you do not have a dog, one will be provided for you to be shot.
>>
>>30221948
It's legal to own FA parts, but would be illegal to modify a receiver for them and install them. You can buy an M16 parts kit with autosear from Marstar.

https://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=86836
>>
if I buy one for shtf and not install it will I be fucked?
>>
>>30221347
That whole website screams ATF BAIT

You'd be a retard to buy one
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.