[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holster Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160607_080224.jpg (3MB, 3702x2793px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160607_080224.jpg
3MB, 3702x2793px
/k/, after much finger fucking and testing out various guns, I've decided on the M&P 9c as my CCW (pic related)

Can /k/ give me a holster to go with it? Ideally
>Conceals well
>Good retention

Willing to pay up for a good holster.

I got a gun belt at the store but they didn't specifically have a holster for the 9c, just the full size. It fit okay but was kind of big, so I've decided to shop around.
>>
>>30197619
Good concealment and retention aren't really going to go together.
DeSantis "the insider" is my favorite holster. I've tried them all.
>>
Comptac minotaur or Alien Gear. I like hybrid holsters myself
>>
>>30197628
Ah. Makes sense. I'm willing to compromise on retention some for better concealment.

Thank you for your recommendation

>>30197632
Thank you as well

I'll be checking those out.
>>
I think the point of diminishing returns would be jm custom kydex for kydex holsters and stealthgear for hybrid designs. If youre a leather fag and really want to drop some money then Mitch Rosen makes some extremely nice stuff.
Carry belts help a lot with comfort too, the wilderness instructor belts for synthetic and beltman for leather. Get the internal stiffiner as well, they will stay stiff much longer.
>>
I like my click holster "click" is the brand. It's a kydex appendix holster for around 40 is very nice. Adjustable tension. Rounded edges. They had a sale last month not sure if it's still going
>>
File: img20150913_165046.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
img20150913_165046.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
>>30197619
I like dis brand
>>
I use Garrett Silent Thunder holsters. Kydex shell with leather lining. You get the retention of Kydex but without the wear marks on the finish. They conceal very well on my hungry skeleton body
>>
Call me old fashioned and/or a dude, but I just don't like these Kydex holsters especially the ones with a wide backing and double clips fucking up my trousers. I use a full leather is le clip for my shield and just love it.
>>
File: wzZZImE.jpg (2MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
wzZZImE.jpg
2MB, 5248x2952px
>>30197632

Alien Gear is a hit or a miss. Quality control issues have caused some holsters to have exposed triggers.

What op is looking for is a StealGear holster.
>>
>>30198218
Autocorrect fucked my post up real bad
>>
>>30198222

Trips don't lie. Get the StealGear.

Leather gets sweaty and acquires stank. StealGear allows you to breath and have comfort.
>>
>>30198231
Thanks. This is my favorite. I've ordered it. And now we wait.

Thank you /k/
>>
A bit unrelated but can anyone suggest a reasonably thin gunbelt? Looking to conceal carry my shield
>>
>>30197619
Where do you want to carry, behind the hip? I would look into the Raven Morrigan, pretty affordable at $50, has adjustable retention, and comes with pull-the-dot soft loops (usually $10-$15 extra at other places). Their M&P compact holster can also accept the normal size, so if you end up buying a M&P 9 for winter + capacity you could use the same holster.

>>30197643
Big fan of JM Custom as well. I have one of his IWBs and it's very well built. Plus Tony Mayer is just a nice guy who will take care of you if you have any problems.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.