[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

I'm usmc 03 , just saw 13 hours again, and I can't tell what type of com they have set up? seems like 152 with uhf ... does anyone have anymore info? I want to understand more about com and how team guys do their shit.. frankly I know hollywood isnt the best way to get the real deal but its a foot in the door consindering they def had consulents on set who made sure they werent completely retarded

also what type of plate carriers were they using ? I know they purposely didnt use the real gear these guys use in the film , just a side question out of curiosty

vhf/uhf
>>
File: 1450148392315.jpg (375KB, 1247x817px) Image search: [Google]
1450148392315.jpg
375KB, 1247x817px
bump
>>
File: ShaggyMarinesWithFootball.png (989KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
ShaggyMarinesWithFootball.png
989KB, 800x534px
bump 2
>>
>>30197249

Way to use a movie to show horn in being in the military and talk about equipment no one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>30197249
Been a while since I saw 13 hours, but whenever I used the 152 we used vhf.
>>
The US military obviously uses baofengs with whip antennas your retard
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 720x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 720x594px
Odds are it was VHF with an ANW2 net that used other transmitters as relays.

I didn't bother to watch for which antenna was used, but given the terrain, ANW2 makes the most sense.
>>
>>30197375
right so.... I'm not in a postion of having to know anymore about com expect how to unlock it and set it up very basic... loading crypto and picking what sl3 we got for it was for the compogs ... I would like to the iroc and aroc but I havent had the chance ... just being honest

>>30197388
I have never seen a baofengs ... but I have seen that /k/ seems to praise it.. maybe as a parody...I cant tell I really only know gear that has been issued to me during training ops or deployments no more no less... most basic grunts are that way.

>>30197379
we strictly use the vhf(whip) for plt/co tac(s), uhf(blade) is mostly for the FIST teams...
>I'm just trying to figure out the best set of com to famarilize my self with....I want to look into PMC after this second enlistment and theres tons of down time now due to combat deployments being over...so any help or guides you could provide would be awesome thanks
>>
File: 73024_4414477873233_847544829_n.jpg (36KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
73024_4414477873233_847544829_n.jpg
36KB, 500x437px
last bump for any last info
>>
>>30197249
They'll teach you before you deploy boot.
>>
>>30198635
>going on second enlistment ...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.