[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy this rifle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 384G744.jpg (14KB, 615x245px) Image search: [Google]
384G744.jpg
14KB, 615x245px
$2500 last I saw here in Aus. Its s pretty
>>
>>30175423
Is that 45-70?
>Best levergun caliber
>>
>>30175432
yes
>>
>>30175579
Is that the normal price range for high end leverguns in Aus? Here in the US you can get a Marlin 1895 (45-70), for under $1500.

If those are standard prices and you have the cash to spend then I would say get it. My 1895 is one of the select guns I own that I would absolutely never sell. I'd also trust my life to it because it'll blow away anything on the business end of it.
>>
>>30175586
I saw it in a gun magazine in the guard room. Dunno how long the magazine has been there. I honestly dont know alot about gun prices Im a noob to the owning and purchasing of firearms in this country for obvious reasons. I'de probably still pay it.
>>
Strayan.
A bit pricey. Have a look around to get an idea of a bargain, try:
>usedguns.com.au
>>
>>30175644
Btw 'guardroom'
Enoggera or Lavarack?
>>
>>30175586
You can get 1895's for 800 bucks where the hell are you buying guns?
>>
>>30175423
Lever actions are a compromised design, so the concept of a 'high end' one is finished before it even starts.
>>
>>30175423
Is it a Winchester? If not that is really really expensive.
>>
>>30176437
found the fudd
>>
>>30176461
you missed the part about him being an aussie.
>>
1895 SBL is $850 and a 1895 GBL is $550 in US. They dicked up on using the XSP sights and put them too far forward as well as flipped 180deg
>>
>>30176461
No, it is a Pedersoli and they are typically priced well above Winchester.

They inherently suck though.
>>
>>30176476
You don't know what fudd means?

Anyone who thinks a lever gun is a good idea probably watched too many cowboy movies and thinks John Wayne was real.
>>
>>30176517
Are you done being a faggot yet?
>>
>>30176437
What else would you suggest instead of lever action?
>>
>>30176524
I like the part where the stock is good old American walnut that has been camo dipped.

Brilliant marketing to the fudd demographic. The the rest of the rifle is shiny stainless is icing on the cake.

ITT: rifles for LARP.
>>
>>30176526
A semi auto or a bolt action, less a tubular magazine. A DBM if your government hasn't banned them. Blind mag if so.
>>
>>30176543
Semi autos are illegal in Australia, where OP is from.
>>
>>30176506
>>30176517
>>30176535
>>30176543
Yay, another tripfag that has nothing to contribute but decides to be a faggot and chime in anyway.
>>
>>30176689
What I have contributed is that there are several design elements of the pictured bolt action that suck and can't be overcome by dressing it up and raising the price. If you'd like details feel free to ask but if they aren't already obvious to you you probably don't shoot enough to be calling anyone out for anything.
>>
>>30176768
I realize that lever actions aren't as 'efficient' as a few other designs, but that doesn't make anyone who has one an autistic retard. I don't think the one that OP is referring to is an example of a good lever action, but guns can be had for reasons other than being the most practical.
>>
>>30176854
I never claimed people who own them are autistic retards, you are projecting a bit here.

I also don't know what you mean by efficient but my main complaint is their limited accuracy potential compared with other designs.
>>
>>30177638
I think LARPing and autism are fairly synonymous, but maybe that's just me.

I'm not going to argue about the inherent accuracy of a firearm design, but I don't think that it is a limiting factor for any user of a rifle under 300 yards shooting without a solid front and rear bag, considering decent manufacturing techniques were used.
>>
>>30177675
LARPing might be, I don't know. I tend to think the kind of people who go for guns like this go into the the wood and shoot pop cans and imagine they are Rooster Cogburn picking off outlaws. So if OP asked if it was a good rifle for that, I'd have said levers are great for that.

But that specific rifle is even a bad example of a lever. Non-laminate wood is an awful stock material, so using it then covering up its one redeeming characteristic by camo dipping it is stupid. Super stupid because

a) the woods is made of wood so wood fits right in
b) the rest of the gun is shiny stainless

An off the shelf 94 that could be had for 1/3 the price would be better for pretending to be a cowboy.

I've never seen a rifle that was more accurate than another at 500 yards, but not more accurate closer in. Physics is physics. A lot of people, most people even, can't shoot for shit and the limiting factor is them no matter what rifle is in use. But why be average?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.