[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1464630622024.gif (1MB, 300x217px) Image search: [Google]
1464630622024.gif
1MB, 300x217px
Does modern war require savagery? How much savageness is too much? Is having too little savage inclination a thing?

What is the ideal balance of savagerity?

Assuming you want to win war. What is the ideal amount of savage
>>
File: thewayofmen02.jpg (249KB, 809x661px) Image search: [Google]
thewayofmen02.jpg
249KB, 809x661px
There is no limit to Savagery.
>>
What an autistic post
>>
>>30172150
More savage than your enemy
>>
>>30172168
This is a serious question no ad hominids here please I want to learn about war mindset seriously
>>
>>30172150
Bitches best he ready to get savage, your days are numbered.
War rubs the veneer of civilization off you and leaves bare the character underneath." -General J. N. Mattis
>>
post savage webms ITT
>>
>>30172717
>>
File: absolute coincidence.webm (598KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
absolute coincidence.webm
598KB, 480x360px
>>30172732
>>
Savagery depends on how powerful you are. There's a reason that terrorists tend to use it. Most terrorist groups fail to acheive their goals or transition into cohesive, legitimate political entities. Large nations should avoid savagery because it greatly complicates ending hostities and creating post-conflict political structures robust enough to not collapse into further conflict. Only dillettenes and idiots think savagery is useful in conflict.
>>
>>30172150
"Savageness" is subjective and based on a lot of different factors ranging from culture to personal experience. And it's important to note that savagery does not equal senseless dickery like the webms being posted thus far. How much savagery is necessary in war? Enough to win, which means essentially anything goes provided you crush the opposition or achieve your goal, be it by systematically assassinating targets, senseless pillaging to even flat out nuking a population or subjecting them to anything. Anything you do against the opposition will be considered "savage" from the get go so what they think and feel shouldn't matter if you're interested in winning. As to what is the ideal balance, well, just always enough that you fuck over the others and win but don't leave yourself open or fall into traps
>>
File: ayo white boi.webm (1MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
ayo white boi.webm
1MB, 360x640px
>>30172752
>>
>>30172752
What is savage about this I don't get it. Somebody picking up a hat?
>>
>>30172150
War is organized mass murder. What do you think?
>>
>>30172821
The jokes is that he's a jew taking the time to pick up a coin because memes
>>
>>30172150
>ideal amount of savage

thats the loosing mindset anon, either you want to win or want to be nice
>>
>>30172821
kike being greedy? memes are real anon
>>
>>30172732
Done this shit like 10 times. Anytime someone says I cheated I just shoot the fuck out of them until they leave. I don't even argue
>>
>>30172659
good ol' mad dog matti
>>
>>30172790
nigs gonna nog
>>
>>30172732
BURNED MY PATCH
>>
International Relations fag here:
It depends...
Between developed nations such as the US and Germany or Bongistan, as little savagery is poasible is probably the way to go. The resolutions at the end of the second world war saw to that.
Against a totally savage enemy such as ISIS, well that's a different story. Ideally, it should be enough to get the point across to the adveraary that you mean business, but not so much as to stoop to their level/act like garbage in the eyes of trading partners and allies.
Between these two extremes is a huge and grey spectrum, and it's very situational and unique to the conflict.
That being said, the various Geneva and Hague Conventions are ( supposed) to establish rules to moderate the savagery in wartime. Phone about to die so hope that helps.
tldr it depends and there are rules.
>>
>>30172790

>that fake yawn he gives before he gets rocked
>*yaaaaaaawn* y-yeah just passing through guys don't mind me h-heh nothing worth paying attention to here h-haha...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.