[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
New m1 garand owner here. I bought some .30-06 ammo called ".30-06 SPRG". The m1 will still shoot it, right? Winchester is the brand btw
>>
>>30156678
if its not m2 ball dont shoot it
>>
>>30156678
Its the right caliber, but a lot if commercial loads are pretty hot, so they can damage your oprod over time. Twenty rounds probably won't hurt it, but do your research as to what ammo is m1 safe before extended periods of shooting
>>
How do i avoid the Garand Finger?
>>
The minute you fire it you'll hear "fug" instead of the usual ping and later someone will try to talk to you about haplogroups.
>>
>>30156678
>".30-06 SPRG".
it's 30-06 sperg or 30 aughtism the name is interchangeable

Don't use it on an M1, that particular caliber isn't meant to be used in the Garand unless you adjust the gas. And when that happens, you cause accelerated wear on your gun.
>>
>>30156715
load clips with thumb with pinky/side of hand holding back the charging handle.
>>
Buy an adjustable gas port so you can shoot modern ammo, it's like $30 on brownells
>>
File: 1433697088353.png (49KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1433697088353.png
49KB, 2000x1500px
>>30156739
>30 aughtism
>>
>>30156715
I got m1 thumb a few weeks ago. Then my fingernail had a bruise shaped like half of a m1 bolt face. Kind of said its dissipating now
>>
>>30156704
Not to mention the hotter ammo can cause doubling, or if you're particularly unlucky (like a friend of my lgs owner), a double with the second shot being fired out of battery.
Proper operation of an m1 or m1a relies on the bolt moving at the proper speed, due to the floating firing pin and the way the bolt locks up
>>
>>30156759
>hold back charging handle

You don't need to do this when loading a Garand.
>>
Thanks fellow /k/ommandos for the replies. What I may do is use of the ammo I got which isn't very much, shooting maybe 20 a trip (as one of the first anons recommended) and buy some m2 ball. If that ends up being too pricey I'll look into the gas adjuster
>>
>>30156824
youre holding it from slamming forward. not holding it back like an ak
>>
File: Screenshot_20160603-143844.png (663KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160603-143844.png
663KB, 1440x2560px
SG ammo has some surplus in their weekly email if that interests you.
>>
>>30156871
enjoy your bent op rod
>>
>>30156871
I didn't mean 20 a trip, I meant the first 20 probably won't cause a problem, but you're causing unnecessary wear on your gun. Waiting to buy an adjustable gas plug is probably your best bet. In range tv did a good video about all this a little while ago. Can't post link because I'm in a phone
>>
Assuming your rifle was from cmp, go back online and get some Greek surplus m2 they have for sale. Best value for your garand. Or get a ported plug, whateva
>>
Gotcha gents
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.