[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M&P9 opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: mandp.jpg (160KB, 900x658px) Image search: [Google]
mandp.jpg
160KB, 900x658px
Finally got my NJ communist ID card and pistol permit and went to the gun store today to get my first gun. Held a bunch of guns and im thinking about going back tomorrow and picking up a FDE M&P 9 for $535. Am I fucking up?

>inb4 hurr durr glerk pur-fec-shun
>>
It's a good gun, I've got one and it's never given me any issues. I didn't like the trigger though so I put an apex trigger/sear kit in it. Seems accurate enough, I wouldn't really be able to tell though, my aim sucks dick. I just prefer hammer fired guns, so it doesn't get shot a whole lot.
>>
They took everything people bitched about glocks with and built a gun with those things in mind. I own a FS9 and a 17. They're pretty much the same gun.
>>
>>30156026
That's a decent deal. If you do get it, check your sight alignment. The rear sight on my full size was way off.
>>
>>30156026
cant speak for NJ laws but as for the deal that seems fair. Im from MA so we dont fair much better
does it come with anything or just as is? and I honestly prefer the M&P over glock and I love glocks. the M&P feels like a glock converted for competition shooting to me
>>
>>30156026

I say go for it. I have two S&W pistols - One is an M&P and I have nothing but fantastic things to say about it, never once a failure to feed. Over 1000 rounds in it easily.
>>
>>30157484
I have a G22 and my buddy has an M&P 40. I have the say the M&P feels better, but I am happy with my glock.
>>
>>30157484
Comes with 2 (blocked to 15rd) mags, 3 back straps, etc. All the normal shit that comes with a new handgun.
>>
>>30156026
in jersey on business and went to a range there for fun. God what a shit show.
>>
>>30156026

I had one but sold it. I don't like the hinged trigger, trigger feel, or the lack of texturing on the grip.

If I had one still I'd stipple the grip and add an apex trigger but I'm cool with my glock 17.
>>
>>30156026
its a fine gun, trigger is nothing great, but other wise comfy i picked mine up for a similar price.
>>
>>30156026
You did good, OP. Congratulations.

If you live near the PA border, check the Pennsylvania Gaming Commission list of Public Shooting Ranges. They have some cucked rules but they're pretty nice outdoor ranges for only $30/year.
>>
>>30156777
I have to second this -- the rear sight was WAAAAY off on my M&P FS9. That said, why don't you buy used? Your FDE costs about $100 more than my all-black model...
>>
That twitch when the trigger finally breaks...

Glock is the answer.
>>
>>30156026
If you get an M&P consider getting a Apex trigger kit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.