[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make my own rifle /k/ I have access to a metal shop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: pens.png (377KB, 640x583px) Image search: [Google]
pens.png
377KB, 640x583px
I want to make my own rifle /k/ I have access to a metal shop. I'm not too familiar with the machines or the exact science of fire arms. I just know how to shoot them and take them apart to clean them. I want to make a .50 bmg rifle. Suggestions? Tips?
>>
How many dogs have you shot?
>>
>>30148939
sincere suggestion. Don't

seriously you can hurt yourself something fierce if you make a simple mistake. Start with .22 at least and read up on laws for making your own firearms. I'm pretty sure its legal
>>
Ive been reading this book to help me. Bill Holmes book .50 Caliber Rifle Construction Manual. I'm trying to teach myself AutoCAD(terrible idea) so I can 3d model all the parts first
>>
>>30148970
That's not a bad idea. I want to make an XM 8 like model so it wouldn't be too terrible to make it in .22 first and then go to 7.62x39 then .50bmg. I'm really excited to make something with my own hands
>>
File: sten.gif (29KB, 612x1008px) Image search: [Google]
sten.gif
29KB, 612x1008px
>>30148939
>I want to make a .50 BMG
Don't, make a 9mm or something, machine yourself a sten, but make it all completely legal, we wouldn't want to do anything to upset big brother.
>>
File: sten 2.png (77KB, 2100x1275px) Image search: [Google]
sten 2.png
77KB, 2100x1275px
>>30149654
>>30148939
>>
Even 9mm exerts something like 30,000 PSI on the inside of the chamber. Many professionally made firearms from the 1800s would explode if you used modern ammunition in them, and their makers knew significantly more than you do about gunsmithing. I would sincerely recommend you take a class or two before embarking on your elaborate suicide plot.
>>
>>30148939
>I'm not too familiar with the machines or the exact science of fire arms

Then don't
>>
>>30148939
dear jesus, please let that be a real letter love anon
>>
>>30149791
With good quality steel it shouldn't be a problem, if sandniggers in gaza can do it then anyone can
>>
>>30149883
Except people without the ability to rifle barrels, chamber barrels, fit barrels, form sheet metal, and make trunions

They're making it from parts kits, not full guns
>>
Start with shotguns, the chamber pressures are lower, so you'll be less likely to lose a hand. Also, they're not rifled. That takes specialized machines.
>>
>>30149654
That's cool man, I didn't know about those thanks
>>
>>30149791
Hey I really appreciate you telling me this stuff. I had no idea. What kind of classes are available? I'm not gonna be milling or cutting these pieces myself. I'm not even allowed to use the machines at the shop by myself (bc I'm not a member and bc I haven't taken the safety classes which you have to be a member to take)
>>
>>30152114
Protip: Learn the basics of how to use machine tools first. That way you'll see for yourself just how out of your league making guns from scratch is.
>>
>>30150415
Shotguns huh? You wouldn't happen to have a cad file of one with all the working parts would you? And links to some resources to help guide me? I appreciate it anon
>>
>>30152148
Well I've been a big firearms fan for my entire life. Grew up shooting my .22 Remington pump action in the backyard and at snakes. I really want to learn how to make a working firearm. I want to be able to make a functioning one from my own design one day. I'm all about learning how to do this. Any links you can provide to put me in the right direction is much appreciated.
>>
>>30152114
>doesn't even have basic machine safety courses
>is planning to build a gun

This will be interesting.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.