[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know almost nothing about firearms. What is a good rifle to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: wAuKOgg.jpg (382KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wAuKOgg.jpg
382KB, 960x1200px
I know almost nothing about firearms. What is a good rifle to start learning with? Assuming I intend to use it for hunting and home defense, but mostly just to learn the ins and outs of guns so I'm no longer a limp-wristed faggot.
>>
>>30148873
bump.
>>
>>30148873
we'll tell you to get a mossin, leddit will tell you to get a .22

don't get either for your first gun, but something in between
>>
>>30148873
10/22 for learning and hunting rabbits
AR as something that is relatively easy to learn to use and is good for home defense.
>>
>>30148873
Ruger 10/22 (huge aftermarket)
Marlin model 60 (comes with a scope)
Any cheap ar (most fun of the three)
Cheap milsurp (mosin, Mitchell's mausers, sporterized enfields, etc.)
>>
>>30149244
>>30149261
>>30149242
I'm hearing .22, so that's probably what I'll go with. Does anyone have a guide on how to properly hold and use a gun so I don't blow my head off? I know the obvious stuff like keep your finger off the trigger except when firing, and don't point it at anyone you don't intend to kill, but I didn't know if there was more specifics.
>>
>>30148873
Any .22 rifle with a removable magazine.

Then go to Amazon and buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/NRA-Step---Step-Guide-Safety/dp/1510714057/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464910809&sr=8-1&keywords=nra+gun+safety+guide
>>
>>30149244
Just get a 10/22 OP.
>Ar as something that is relatively easy to learn to use and is for home defense.
>Complicated platform with a round that will go through your intruder, your daughter's bedroom, and into your neighbor's dog.

/k/ really is fucking dumb
>>
>>30148873
AR-15. No recoil, the ammo is cheap, and it will always be useful for home defense. If you get a .22 you will never use it once you move on to real guns.
>>
entry level AR. 223/556 is relatively cheap, recoil is almost nonissue, good for small creatures, good for self defense.
Get some glass, heavier grain loads, and maybe better trigger, and you extend the range of the gun.
>>
>>30149290
1. treat every gun as if it's loaded
2. always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
3. keep your finger off the trigger until the gun is pointed toward the target
4. be aware of your target and what lies behind it

c clamp it faggot
>>
>>30148873
For your first gun you should get a full sized hangun in 9mm

Either a beretta, CZ, sig sauer, FN, glock, or something from that chart that is posted here

then for a rifle get a 9mm carbine

then they both share ammo and you can bring them both to hangun ranges and shoot them and have fun

DONT GET .22 guns, they are for children, they feel like you are shooting an air rifle and they are boring as fuck unless yu can shoot in your back yard at things
>>
>>30149314
.22 will go through 5-6 quarter inch plates of drywall
Also
>what are 223/5.56 jacketed hollow points
>>
>>30149332
Clamp it?

Also unrelated question, what can you hunt with a .22? Rabbits the only option, or can you hunt hogs or deer too?
>>
>>30149365
nvrmind about the c clamp, you can't really hunt shit but small varmint and housecats with a .22, which is why I said it's a shit gun if you want to hunt
>>
Hunting get a 223 tikka t3
>>
>>30149314
Any round that will adequately penetrate an intruder will also go through a few walls. Also, in what way is the AR platform complicated?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.