[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

California bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (21KB, 800x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 800x189px
Here's a fun little story about living in California:
>order pic related, vepr 12 shotgun
>order mag lock with it
>get call from FFL saying that the shotgun is "borderline illegal" and they don't know if they can sell it to me
>they say that the maglock can be removed "too easily" for it to be legal
>say they will call me back after they figure out of its legal or not
I have bought two AK rifles from the same FFL and have mag locks on them without issue.

What the fuck? I already live in Commiefuckifornia and you have to do this shit?

What do I do now /k/? Sit here and wait for a call or what?
>ibn4 move out of CA

Or maybe my FFL is just retarded?
>>
Get a BeNelli m4
>>
>>30148598
>2016
>Still living in places that unconstitutionally restrict your unalienable rights

Absolutely zero pity for you.
>>
>>30148598
buy a shitty rivet gun kit from harbor freight and have them rivet the fucker on with a 3/32" rivet or two
>>
>>30148598
>Or maybe my FFL is just retarded?
every CA FFL is retarded

>crying that your rights are being infringed
>not doing anything about it
>the current year
you dont deserve that vepr
>>
>>30148679
Not OP but also stuck in Commiefornia. Some of usome don't have the financial liberty to get up and just leave.
Personally I ended up stuck after moving over here for University. The scholarship was too good to turn down...working on finding a job in a free state but it's easier said than done.
>A-at least my County is shall issue though
>>
>>30148598
>>ibn4 move out of CA
One, don't inb4 your own posts. It's not there to prevent a reply, it's just meant to show that you are "in before" an expected reply. Seeing as you're the OP, you're "in before" every reply. You fucking stupid retard.

That said, move out of California. You stupid fucking retard.
>>
>>30148721
>Some of usome don't have the financial liberty to get up and just leave.
You have legs. No excuse.
>>
>>30148598

Drive the four hours or so to Nevada. Go on armslist. Do a private trade. Done.
>>
Your FFL or the 'manufacturer' is a retard, one or the other. 99% chance it's the FFL.
>>
>>30148749
>Things that won't be possible in 2017
;_;
>>
>>30148721
OP here. Pretty much same situation, except born here. Planning to leave after I earn my degree. However wanted to buy the shotgun before these new bullshit laws got passed.
>>
>>30148598
Dont you fucking inb4 on this, move the FUCK out of California. Either move, or change something.
>>
>>30148598
>>30148707
really?
am I the only one who thinks this is an easy $5 fix?

>>30148881
>>30148727
>>30148679

>HRUU CALIFORNIA SUCKS MOVE OP

eat shit you fucking morons
>>
>>30148928
The only good thing about California is the weather.
>>
>>30148928
They're right though.

>>30148739
Especially this.
>>
This will never change until you start assassinating the people who write and sign these bills, or mass murdering the people who vote for them.
>>
>>30148990
>making them into martyrs
Yeah. No way that could possibly backfire. Just ask Pontius Pilate.
>>
>>30148928
Yes, it would be an easy fix. However I can't get it from my FFL yet to perform the fix.
>>
>>30148766
They ask for ID? Back out and find a new seller. Easy as fuck.
>>
All maglocks are easy to convert back to the way they were. Those laws are such hokey shit.

As long as you can't take out the magazine unless you have a tool of some kind to do it, it's legal. You're fine, but the dudes at your FFL are straight up retards.
>>
>>30149042
https://ballotpedia.org/Nevada_Background_Checks_for_Gun_Purchases_Initiative,_Question_1_(2016)
>>
>>30149064
How many people actually follow these laws though? Aren't there a fuck ton of people up in the Pacific northwest that refuse to follow/enforce these laws?
>>
>>30149085
>Aren't there a fuck ton of people up in the Pacific northwest that refuse to follow/enforce these laws
They like to tell themselves that but not in reality.
>>
>boarder line illegal
>translation: still legal
Make fun of the south all you want, but I walked in, handed the guy 800$, my cc license, and driver license, walked out with a ptr, went home and fucked my hot cousin
>>
It is your FFL being retarded OP. I'm in NY and this same stupid shit happens all the time with dealers not even willing to transfer stripped ar lowers. It is another way that fudds are letting the liberal gun control activists win. When these businesses (almost all FFLs are waaaay more interested in money than customer service) "go the extra mile" to comply with the law, they are enforcing gun control laws that don't even fucking exist. It's complacency like that that serves to only further restrict our access to our rights. Fuck that store OP, get it transferred somewhere else.
>>
>>30149135
How's your PTR? I hear a lot of shit flinging about "durr they're inaccurate" but they're certainly better on that front than an AK.
>>
>pop into LGS
>ask if they are able to order a DSA FAL clone, because fuck the transfer fees.
>"sorry anon, FN FAL's are banned by name in California"
>"but we do have this century c308"
>$800

It was pointless to argue that the DSA clone isn't banned but after that, I doubt he would've ordered one just because "some kid" said so.

I m thinking maybe jousting buying a bolt or ar10 receiver and sit on it, then save up to move out of here before I get a FAL.
>>
>>30149135
>second form of ID/permit required to buy a gun
>>
>>30149158
Haven't had a chance to take it out yet. Just got it yesterday. But my FAL seems to have shit the bed, so I'm hoping to compare once I get it fixed.
>>
>>30149211
That's for handguns. Shit is horrible if you're renting with roommates and don't have a car.
Luckily my C&R worked as 2nd form of ID.
>>
>>30148995
Dont make their murder blatant. Needs to be more black bag sort of thing.

OD them on heroin, hang them and make it look like suicide etc.

Marytrs = good for their cause
Dying with a needle in their arm like a filithy junky = bad for their cause
>>
>>30149211
>permit required to buy a gun
god I hate this fucking liberal country, can't wait to move to maine
>>
>>30149284
Anything up to and including a tactical nuke would be justified if you got a firing solution on Feinstein.
>>
>>30149190
That's the issue I'm encountering, doubt they will listen to their customer arguing about the legality of the rifle they're trying to purchase. I just want my fucking shotgun and it's completely legal, why is that so damn hard to understand
>>
>>30149289
I'm actually from Maine. This place is pretty fucking great.
>>
There was a guy who posted here a long time ago (first posted here, continued his story at calguns after people told him to ask for advise there) that said that he transferred a lower to an FFL, and the FFL claimed it was illegal and destroyed it instead of sending it back to the originating FFL or hand it over to cops. Cops said that they couldn't do anything about it and its a civil issue to take to small claims.

Some FFLs are utter retards. I'm glad that my go to FFL when I was still buying guns (I just build guns or upgrade what I have now) didn't give a shit.
>>
>>30149211
>not having to wait on NICS.
Yea, it's awful
>>
>>30149391
>supporting NICS even indirectly
Part of the problem.
>>
>>30148598
Pick a different FFL

FFL's should be up to date on local gun laws...it's their business unless they are fudds who treat their gun store like a club house just like how some comic book collectors open comic book shops to display their collections but are not interested in selling and making a profit.

Are you SoCal or NorCal...I'd suggest have it be shipped to a Turners, Bass Pro, Ammo Bros any body else really.
>>
>>30149391
It's like 10 or 15 min. Not that bad.
>>
>>30148679
Eat Shit and die. I could sell my house and buy a mansion and Texas and have money left over, but then selling the mansion in Texas will take time and I won't get what I paid for it and not be able to buy an equivalent home in California again.

for now and the foreseeable future. California is still the most desirable place to live and all of the industries are hear.
>>
>>30148972
Women, money...stores...etc.
>>
>>30149474
>California
>Women
>good
If you're into tramps and traps, maybe.
>>
>>30149431
I guess the more non-gun the person behind the counter, the better. Since people who THINK they know wtf they doing, will fuck you with their incomplete knowledge. And since they are gun people, they'll think their knowledge is perfect.
>>
>>30148598
In nov when the emperor is crowned the arizona rangers will liberate you
>>
>>30149461
>California is still the most desirable place to live and all of the industries are hear.
No it isn't and no they aren't. You haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>30149418
>implying all my guns went through NICS.
>missing the point entirely
>>
>>30149579
Let me see. First guy greentexted about needing a second form of ID to purchase, making the implication that even needing the one form of ID was already ridiculous and arguably unconstitutional. Then you responded with your greentext, implying that it's actually a GOOD thing, because you wouldn't have to wait on the NICS check, whereas you would have to wait with only the one form of ID.

Am I following correctly, anon?
>>
>>30149135
>went home and fucked my hot cousin
Story?
>>
>>30149630
Yea the point is that California is needlessly difficult to discourage gun ownership. You don't NEED an ID if your buying private purchase or building your own rifle.
So no my story wasn't "isn't NICS and the BATFE awesome?!" But rather "why does California need to make things such a pain in the ass"
>>
>>30149753
Copy. Sorry for misunderstanding.
>>
>>30149767
No worries. Like I said, a lot of my stuff is off record because I agree, I should be able to buy rocket launchers and TNT without a license.
>>
>>30149284
>pic related

>>30149492
Advice for those of us seeking jobs in non-cuck states?
>>
>>30149492
Hey man, the bay area is so desirable that rent has gone up 10-20% each year, forcing middle class out. It's now all rich people in the tech industry fucking up peninsula housing prices or poor people who live in minimum income housing, or people forced to have multiple roommates.

My rent went up from 2650 to 3100 a few months ago. Fourteen fucking percent. My landlord wanted 3300 at first.
>>
>>30150638
wait, i did the math wrong. Almost 17%, not 14
>>
>>30148598

>just bought this exact gun in CA
>FFL is based
>always raving about his self destructive obsession to acquire guns
>It's a real beauty anon

I hate CA for gun laws but my FFL is awesome and I love my life here. If I hit it big in going back to law school to work gun rights for free.
>>
>>30149300
just one nuke?
>>
>>30150753
God bless you, we need more pro gun people in CA staying and fighting, instead of leaving.
>>
>>30150753
where u @ homboi

323 noguns here looking for a good place within a 55 mile radius to acquire a first firearm for cheap

eyes are on 10/22, maverick 88, type 56 or a nugget, since i'm a poor fag
>>
>>30148598
God damn, eben the gun stores in californistan are run by cucks. You guys suck.
>>
>>30153277
I get the vibe a lot of gun store/range owners are fudds whenever I go in. Not all, but a fair amount.

Okay so my buddy brings in his M&P .40 to a range. I told him it would be best since he doesn't have a case to just carry it with the slide locked back, mag removed with the magazine well facing out.

Well cocksucker at the desk said "Oh well I can tell you all are veteran's, but around here we don't know your intentions if you walk in with a firearm." What kind of stupid fucking statement is that?
>>
>>30150638
It's desirable to a certain type of person. Stop buying in to the notion that the middle of the nation is just fly over country. Plenty of jobs to be had and plenty of money and luxuries. More personal freedoms, excluding Illinois, and less pretentious bullshit overall, but you can still find your local snob community to live in if you need that shit.
>>
>>30148598
move somewhere else dork
>>
>>30148598

Classic sent mine oriignally with the mag release blocker not bent to the right shape, so they just lazily tightened the screws to the trigger guard, causing it to come off witht he first rack of the charging handle. Luckily my FFL didn't notice this or I would have been in the same boat. If he lets you see the gun and your mag release block is in contact with actual release lever, just bend it downward and tighten those screws up with an allen wrench.
>>
>>30149085
Oregonian here, I can confirm we barely follow those stupid laws. Not only are they not enforced, but nobody who's actually into guns up here wants to put up with that shit.

OP just come up to Oregon and I'll sell you some guns with no paperwork required. Unless they are visible from outside your car window when entering the CA border you won't be stopped.
>>
>>30154155

Ding ding ding.

California, while I find it very nice to visit outside of the cities, isn't the be all and end all of civilization.

Shit, when you fuck up in the Bay, you go up to Portland or Seattle.

Either of those two places have infinite better gun laws than Cali.

Like the desert? Nevada or Arizona.

Though the first big earthquake out there along the San Andreas will certainly empty that state out fast.
>>
File: ST-VEPR12-1.jpg (26KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
ST-VEPR12-1.jpg
26KB, 350x232px
>>30154904

Pic related, magblock oriented upside down. The way the release is designed is so that the right portion gets bent upward to make sure it clears the release lever. Classic left it unbent so it was contacting the lever and barely holding onto the trigger guard.
>>
File: IMG_0189_zpsrsi7oznr.jpg (249KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189_zpsrsi7oznr.jpg
249KB, 1024x768px
>>30154904

Here's a picture of how it's supposed to be installed. Classic didn't bend it downward so it was touching the release lever and stupid easy to remove.
>>
>>30154996
>That trigger
Why not just use a paperclip?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.