[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the constitution says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, then whycome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

File: 1439790642577.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439790642577.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
If the constitution says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, then whycome felons can't have guns?
>>
>>30119367
Because you like it up the ass u fucking no guns fucking faggot.
>>
>>30119367
why can't they vote? because they lost their citizenship
>>
>>30119447
that's not in the bill of rights though
do felons not have the right to free speech, or to a fair trial, or to not quarter soldiers?
>>
>>30119477
Due process allows, and is required, for such action.
Read Amendment 5.
>>
Why cab't eople in jail have guns?
>>
>>30119494
They are gun free zones
>>
>>30119367
>why can't felons have guns?
have you been to Chicago?
>>
>>30119367
Because they have already made to choice to invade someone else's right to life, liberty, or property so they have forfeited their own rights.
>>
>>30119367
Because people forgot how to read.
>>
>>30119553
what about drug offenses?
>>
>>30119367
Because our gun laws already are infringing on our rights anyway
>>
>>30119367
>If the constitution says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED,

it also says WELL REGULATED MILTIA.

Is this just shit bait or do people on this board realy only know half the text of the amendment.
>>
>>30120026
>Is this just shit bait

Well, since you don't know what regulated means in this sense, or how it pertains to the militia and not the people, or what the comma is doing in there, I can only assume that yes, your post is just shit bait.
>>
>>30119367
1. If a felon has done their time and paid their debt, why treat them any differently than a regular citizen?

2. If a released felon cannot be trusted to not commit a crime again then why were they released in the first place?
>>
>>30119367
Gubbamint also has to ensure the general welfare which is broad.
>>
>>30119367

Because the rights of felons are being illegally infringed. If a person deserves a life sentence then that's what the prosecutor should push for, but once they've served their sentence that should be it.
>>
>>30120366
As a felon who had his rights restored, i have mixed feelings about this.

I think the best way would be a graduated approach to re-earning your rights, including having your record cleared.

It's unfair and counterproductive to fuck everyone with a felony for life, particularly in the background check for employment arena. One of the biggest causes of recidivism is the hopelessness that comes with being a 35 year old dude working at McDs or similar because you can never be trusted to work a meaningful job. Housing can also be an issue, as most apartment complexes won't rent to you if you have a felony anywhere on your record (ymmv).

But i also know there are plenty of people in the corrections system who don't deserve full rights (especially gun rights). Or at least not immediately. If you went to prison for 5 (or 10, or 20) years and you're used to fighting and power struggles, then you're dumped on the street and expected to be a "contributing citizen", the first time something doesn't go your way you'll resort to violence.

So the fairest (not safest) road is to establish a number of years after which you can petition or apply to have your rights restored and record cleared.
>>
>>30120026
>"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State

>THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

In what way does the well regulated militia bit contradict the second part?
>>
>>30122653
Because Ole' Incestuous Cletus and his trailer park boys don't count as a 'well-regulated militia'
>>
>>30119367
because though the American federal government has no place deciding who may or may not own arms, they love to grant themselves every imagined authority possible, even over your very lives.
>>
>>30119367
Are the mods just asleep at the wheel here or what? Take your shit to /pol/
>>
>>30122685
>not knowing what "well regulated" means
>not knowing the militia is justification for the right to bear arms, not a requirement
>not knowing about the Militia Act

Hang yourself
>>
>>30122726
>talk about gun laws (thus including the constitution) on /k/
>receive (mostly) educated responses and facts
>talk about gun laws on /pol/
>muh niggers, muh jews, muh globalists

Absolutelysubversive.jpg
>>
>>30121541
how about not fucking up in the first place?
>>
Do you guys know how many niggers get released from prison and commit more violent felonies?
>>
>>30119367
Felons don't have rights, they are degenerate scum who forfeited their rights.
>>
>>30122970
I bet you never speed.
>>
>>30123444
He doesn't speed, he always carries his weapons legally and with the right licenses, he never pees in public, isn't addicted to pain pills like fucking 1 out of every 10 americans, he CERTAINLY doesn't drink and drive, and he's a model citizen and churchgoer (and i daresay, a deacon).

>>30123337
Yes, actually, I've been in a room with several and talked to them. Have you? There are a lot of people who recognize they fucked up and want to do whatever they can to fix it and not fuck up again. And these people get treated just like the others who are just willfully belligerent and disrespectful of society and its laws. And it's sad to be honest. But you can generally tell who's going to make it and who isn't.

By far the two most frustrating things for probationers/parolees are housing and employment, even when their crime should have no bearing on either.

>>30123360
Some are, some are not. It's easy to write off a whole group of people but that creates-- rather than solves--problems. If you met me face to face, you would never imagine i had a record, becaude i'm not some shithead going around looking for trouble. I have a job making 100k+, I'm a reasonable dude, and my rights have been restored and i own guns legally. I don't know if i still qualify as a degenerate to you, but keep this in mind: we as a society love feeling superior to people, and anything we can hold up (especially in public) to demonize somone else--fairly or not--makes us feel bigger. Leaders lead not by putting others down, but by pulling them up.
>>
>>30119991
Drug laws are retarded and are flooding our jails with non violent offenders.
>>
>>30119367

Because the government doesn't care about the constitution.
>>
Because liberals
>>
>>30120083

>1. If a felon has done their time and paid their debt, why treat them any differently than a regular citizen?

Because out justice system is shit.

>2. If a released felon cannot be trusted to not commit a crime again then why were they released in the first place?

Because our justice system is shit.
>>
>>30123676
>Bitches when his shit gets stolen by crackheads to police that they aren't doing enough to prevent shitty people from committing crimes
>Wants all drugs to be legal

Yeah ok bud have fun bitching when your daughter gets raped.
>>
>>30122726

Fuck /pol/. I wan't to talk about gun politics without a bunch of fuccbois screaming about muh joos
>>
>>30120366

>ecause the rights of felons are being illegally infringed. If a person deserves a life sentence then that's what the prosecutor should push for, but once they've served their sentence that should be it.

This. If someone can't be trusted to own a gun, they shouldn't be released from prison.
>>
>>30123735

>Believing in prohibition
>>
>>30119490

This. They can take your rights if youre convicted by trial and it iconvconsidered a cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>30121541
>As a felon who had his rights restored
Tell us your story. I want to learn more.
>>
This is a really interesting question. I don't have an answer. I will look into this. Thanks op but this isn't pol
>>
>>30123983
>I want to learn more.
lmao fuck off you just want story time you nosy nancy
>>
because felons sacrifice their right to be a citizen when they commit crime.
>>
>>30124063
>just want story time
That's what I said, isn't it?
>>
>>30124063

Exactly what I would expect a felon to say. Stay trashy you degenerate filth
>>
>>30123983
I would like to but I'm afraid too many details might make me very easy to find.

I will say I live in a state where there is a system (like SIS or pre-trial intervention) where by pleading guilty, then sucessfully completing probation, the case is sealed and is not considered a conviction. At the end of your probation, you can once again register to vote, and you can own a firearm. I passed the NICS check, but if i would apply for a CCW in my state i would be turned down. There are ways around that, like going to arizona and getting a permit there, but i haven't done that yet - don't really feel the need atm.

I never went to prison, just got probation. I was required to attend weekly group sessions with other probationers/parolees. In 5 years i may have missed 2 or 3 sessions.

There were a couple of career criminals in there, but there were also quite a few guys who obviously weren't and weren't looking to be. Almost every one of them stayed with a family member because they had trouble renting, and most went through long bouts of unemployment - not from laziness or apathy but from being turned down wherever they went. Now I'm not saying they didn't have other issues - anger, substance abuse, poor interpersonal skills, etc - but hearing these guys week after week applying for jobs that a teenager should be working - McD's, Home Depot, Walgreens, Jiffy Lube, etc - and being turned down? That shit will really bring you down.
>>
>>30124234
Not the guy you replied to who jumped in talking that shit, but i am
>>30121541
and
>>30123645
and
>>30124329
>>
>>30119367
Felons are trash. They don't deserve to vote.
>>
>>30120083
In Texas, if you committed a felony and were convicted, you may still be able to own a firearm after 5 years of the date of the conviction so long as the firearm stays at home and the crime you committed wasn't a violent felony.
>>
>>30124329
No worries, that's actually the part I was interested in, thank you.
>>
>>30119367
because felons have lost their rights by violating the rights of others.

And felons can have their right restored after proving they can stay on the straight and narrow. The only felons against the current system are the ones that keep committing crimes.
>>
>>30119530
Laughed
>>
They can. Felon here with restored gun rights. I have my ccw.
>>
>>30125261
Took me 2 months to get my rights back and my ccw from the day I petitioned the court for my rights. I did all of that without a lawyer. I studied in the law library and visited court rooms and spoke to judges and sheriffs all by myself and it all went smoothly without a hitch. They were happy for me. All this in wa state lol.
>>
>>30119367
Because shit got infringed.
>>
>>30120026
>>30122653

The 2end amendment says in modern speak:

"Yeah, we need an army and we'll have one, but the the average person will never have his guns taken away or his rights to have said guns taken away."
>>
>>30124825
>>30125461
If you don't mind me asking what did you guys get whacked for?
>>
Its because people who break stupid laws are the exact people who would fight against a tyrannical government that makes unconstitutional laws because they already dont give a fuck about that bullshit to begin with

Wake the fuck up
>>
The government can only sell back the peoples rights to only those that believe in their obvious bullshit

prior offenders already show that they arent going to add $ to the gov coffers so they strip those peoples rights SO AT LEAST they can charge taxpayers to house them in prisons
>>
>>30125620
it's a good thing you don't get a felony for breaking stupid laws
>>
tl;dr people with priors in going against authority (even if its unconstitutional bs) are a danger to the status quo

This is your future
>>
>>30120026
>regulated

Too bad that meant "supplied" in the 1700s you fucking idiot.
>>
And Im not trying to paint all law infringers as romantic freedom fighters

Its just the way it is
>>
>>30122685
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_Act_of_1903
>>
File: time_to_be_serious.jpg (180KB, 580x542px) Image search: [Google]
time_to_be_serious.jpg
180KB, 580x542px
>>30119367
my cock infringed on your mothers pussy, son.
>>
>>30119367

Because after the jews had blacks freed they found out allowing subhumans to be armed had proven to be quite dangerous for them so they passed and continue to try and pass laws primarily focused on keeping guns out of the hands of blacks. Since black men on average are convicted of at least one felony be adulthood this was one of the more effective means of barring blacks from gun ownership.

Seriously, all drug and gun laws came from wanting to keep guns and drugs out of the hands of blacks, look into it. Blacks are literally the reason we cant have nice things.
>>
>>30124540
Once again, some are, some aren't.

If one day one of your close family or friends was convicted of (take your pick):
>drug posession
>illegal posession or use of a firearm
>dwi
>assault (could be aa simple as a bar fight)
>stealing a car
>selling liquor/cigs to a minor
>vandalism
>forgery
>posession of stolen property
(some of these are surprisingly easy to get charged with, even when you weren't intending to commit a crime)

First of all, i GUARANTEE you know a friend or family member (or yourself) who has done one of these but not been caught. Are they trash? Can they still vote? Where's your sense of indignance?

If that person had always been a shithead, you may say well, you fucked up, you deserve what you got coming. If they seemed to be a good person, you would most likely be saying "so-and-so was a good boy, he ain't never hurt nobody." (he dindu nuffin) And in neither case would you say to your family member "You're trash. You don't deserve rights." And in all cases you would want that person to be able to have a meaningful life after they had "done their time", and maybe find some redemption and forgiveness from society.

And again, it's easy to just rope everybody into one category and throw them to the hounds, but it's unfair and very small-minded.
>>
>>30125662
>it's a good thing you don't get a felony for breaking stupid laws
your google-fu is weak, son
>>
>>30125461

>All this in wa state lol.
We probably have one of the better states for it to be fair.
>>
I live in the UK, and here we have a requirement that if you've been in prison for 3 years in the last 10 years, you can't apply for a Firearms license or Shotgun Certificate. I've never really understood this. I assume it's because the government considers these people "Too dangerous" to be allowed to own a firearm, even after spending at least 3 years in prison (I don't know about anyone else. but that would set me straight). My question is, if they are still so Dangerous, that they cannot be trusted with a firearm, why are they not in prison? If you believe that someone cannot be trusted to own a firearm and not hurt someone, why have you released them, when they could hurt someone with literally anything else?

If anything, the application for an FFL or SGC is proof that the individual values following the law, if he didn't he would just be a gun from the black market.

I hope america doesn't have a similar law, where if you have a criminal record you cannot buy a firearm.
>>
File: adsdasdaffas.png (103KB, 494x645px) Image search: [Google]
adsdasdaffas.png
103KB, 494x645px
>>30127441

>FFL

My mistake, got the licenses confused. I was talking about a uk firearms license.

Also, what the fuck Captcha?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.