[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nervous while open carrying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1456445727169.jpg (60KB, 334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1456445727169.jpg
60KB, 334x750px
So yesterday I turned 21 and one of the first things I did was buy a handgun and today I finally open carried for the first time
But the whole fucking time I was nervous as hell, is this normal or am I being a giant faggot?
I just feel like I'm sticking out to much and everyone is staring at me and my gun also I was wearing wearing a red shirt and my gun has a black finish so idk if that made me stick out more.
I went to Walmart to pick up some cheap ammo and bore snake and the whole time i was sweating bullets granted the chick at mcdonalds did complement muh 45 but this other dude just plain up stared at my gun in the middle of the aisle and wouldn't break eye contact with my gun
Will I just have to conceal carry or do you just get used to this shit
>>
>>30108613
It goes away after a while. Its perfectly normal. Others here will call you a faggot or pussy, ignore them. It is a huge reponsibility, you should be nervous.
>>
>>30108642
That's one big thing by carrying it im aware of what is now on my shoulders I just feel awkward I don't know what to do with my right arm anymore I don't want to make a wrong move and make some one nervous
>>
>>30108661
Just do what you always do. Be polite, courteous, dress clean, and if someone appears nervous, deflect with humor or fluff talk. Don't talk about the gun unless they bring it up in a positive manner. I usually hook my thumbs on my belt and cover the gun with my elbow if I am just standing around.
>>
>>30108750
That's what I tried to do
I wore my CWA union shirt to kinda show I am an upstanding citizen but I think the red stuck out to much
I'll proably trim my beard before I go out
I'll try to look less pissed off when I'm out with gun and not be so awkward
>>
>>30108613
stop being a faggot and ccw. open carrying is shit opsec
>>
>>30108963
Might ccw all depends how I feel about Oc
Might try carrying with a real holster and not the shit one I got with my gun
Plus it's a 5 inch 1911 it might be a little hard and uncomfortable to ccw that
>>
>>30108963
What kind of autist wannabe actually says "opsec" when referring to civvies open or concealed carrying
>>
>>30108613
Just concealed carry, open carry scares people and you're gonna be the first to get shot if someone pulls a gun somewhere.
>>
>>30109165
>open carry scares people

That's exactly why I open carry, though.
>>
>>30109237
To each their own, I don't really like attracting attention to myself while I carry a gun.
>>
Dude i know what its like i just turned 21 some months ago and got a handgunz and i Open the fuck carried that shit 24/7. Had the fuzz called on me once, had dindus follow me everywhere, and i felt like a dumbass. Dont open carry man, just get your CC permit or whatever the fuck you need and conceal that shit, yo. You look like a dumbass and it makes you a target for melanin enhanced individuals. One surprise sock to the back of the head is all it can take for you to be on the ground unconscious and jamal with a new prollum solvah. All the SJW fucking soccer moms with boring unsatisfactory lives having a wild hair up thier ass about gunz fuckin calling the fuzz on you saying "EHHH HE GOTT DA GUNZ REEEEGARBLGARBLEGARBLE." Fuck that shit, CC your guns and dont deal with the fuckin nervousness
>>
>>30109243
The way I thought it would be is how when I see someone else ocing "ay dats burty kewl"
Not full on stares
>>
>>30108613
dont see the advantage of OC over CC, just lets a would be assailant know that you are armed and where your weapon is.
>>
>>30109119
I'm on my phone so it's short hand for "dont let the dindus know you have a gun they can try to steal from you"
>>
Just open carry and stop being a pussy

The people telling you not to are the same ones fucking it up for the rest of us
>>
>>30109260
Yeah but you have to remember America is gun friendly but not everyone are gun nuts like us, so most of those faggots probably don't realize that it's legal. Like other anons have said people will call the cops and it puts you in unnecessary stressful situations.
>>
>>30109281
That was a more polite reply than necessary after I called you an autist wannabe. Sorry.
>>
File: 1460262590111.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1460262590111.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>30109296
>The people telling you not to are the same ones fucking it up for the rest of us
How? Explain this statement, because last time I checked almost half the country polls Democrat so at least 50% of the population is hostile to you.

Open-carry is asking for and encouraging three things:
- Stricter gun legislation
- Anti-gun sentiment
- Being the first one shot

It's stupid, I agree with >>30109237 >>30109281

>mfw OCers freak out soccer moms and the cops get called, grinding everything to a halt because of their sperg bullshit
>>
I'm 19 and can't purchase a handgun for obvious reasons, what is the best way to open carry my M&P sport.
>>
>>30109465
The best thing to do is wait until you're 21 and have a ccw. While OC may be technically legal for you to do in your state at your age it doesn't mean you won't end up in jail for a couple hours while the cops read up on their firearms laws.
>>
You've got to be a naturally friendly looking person to open carry and not have that weight on your back. Smiling helps. its not so much the gun as it is you needing to be go-lucky.
>>
"Dindu steals gun from man in line at McDonalds"

"Open Carry Aficionado Gets New Gun Stolen At Gunpoint"

I accidentally open carry occasionally. Usually during hunting season.

Other than that CC for me
>>
>>30109594

sounds like a nice payday for me should that happen,I'd welcome it.
>>
>want to move to arizona
>be 18
>18 to oc, 21 to cc
>all my what
So would I go to jail if I got a shoulder holster under a button up?
>>
>>30110341
>sounds like a nice payday for me should that happen,I'd welcome it.
Except that isn't how the world works and frankly you're an idiot if you think it does. I really hope you have an honest lawyer if this ever does happen and you're stubborn enough to try and pick a fight with the local government.
>>
You're nervous because anyone with even a little of situational awareness will be drawn to looking at you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.