[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig M11-A1 as a carry gun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (119KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 600x388px
Hey, guys I've been open carrying in Louisiana because it's legal without a license. I've been carrying a Colt 1991 Government model, but I just got a concealed carry license and you can't exactly stick that big of a pistol in your pants comfortably. So, is the Sig a good carry gun? I shot it and really liked it, but I haven't heard of anyone I know concealing one. Thanks, guys
>inb4 glock 19
I couldn't shoot worth a crap with it. I wanted to like it, but I just can't.
>>
As sig owner the amount of sig on this board is disturbing. Can't y'all be into 1911s or something?
>>
>>30102081
>I couldn't shoot worth a crap with it
If you can't pick up a gun and shoot it well, it's operator error.

Aside from telling you to buy one just to practice with it - S&W M&P Shield, Springfield XD-S, Kahr CM9/PM9, Walther PPS, etc.

You have an infinite source of knowledge at your fingertips, start Googling, do your research, go to the store/range and fingerfuck/rent a gun till you find one you like.
>>
>>30102101
I'm not looking to jump on the hype train. I like all kinds of handguns and I don't own a sig. I heard they were good guns, so I looked in to their models that are able to be carried and I found the M11-A1
>>
>>30102116
I second Springfield XDS. Get it in .45
>>
File: DSC_4559.jpg (214KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4559.jpg
214KB, 1200x803px
>>
>>30102081
I own one and i carry it daily. I use a galco kingtuck hybrid holster at 4 o'clock its very comfortable for me and it conceals nicely.
>>
>>30102127
They are reliable and I can shoot them well, which is why I still own them while I sold my Glocks. Other than that I recommend you get something cheaper so you won't have to bitch about the prices of HK/Sigs.
>>
>>30102146
That's a big hand
>>
>>30103091
4u
>>
>>30102081
As a big sigfag, the 22X series isn't really good for conceal carry, barring the P239 which is a bit smaller. By any chance do you have small hands?
>>
File: IMAG1490.jpg (3MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1490.jpg
3MB, 2688x1520px
>>30102081
I like my Sig M11, very good shooter, not sure if that's the SRT that's installed on it though.
>>
>>30103131
show a pic of where it resets and I can tell you if it isn't or not
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 633x348px
Would anyone mind telling me the difference between the M11 and p229?
As far as I can tell the M11 has larger flushed magazine capacity, is the p229 smaller?
>>
>>30103137
Currently stationed in New York. Needless to say, I don't have access to my "Salt pistol" that's back home.
>>
>>30103152
>Would anyone mind telling me the difference between the M11 and p229?

THe M11 is a P229-e2 9mm with a different slide profile.

They take the same mags, the same sights(The m11 almost always comes with night sights and 3 mags), and most leather holsters will fit both.
>>
>>30102081
I'm not a sig owner, but I like them. For concealed carry, depending on your situation. I would go with the trusty S&W .38, or a Walther PPS. I personally like the Walther p99 compact, but its thick, I'd choose the PPS for concealed carry. PPK is a good option but its heavy. You could also go with a Ruger LCP .380. It all depends on how much firepower you need in on your waist. I'm only judging by size and reliability. I dont know much of the compact Sigs. But I imagine they are on par with the Walthers and all other high end carry pieces. As for Glocks, I like them but I've found the mag release and slide releases to be very stiff and stubborn. A Walther is a little more refined in that area. I wish I could recommend Beretta, but I have had bad luck with them, I dont really trust a Beretta.
>>
>>30103345
>They take the same mags,
wrong you PSA shilling piece of shit. Dont go spouting off shit you know nothing about... so pretty much go limit yourself to your faggotass /ak/ anime cancer threads

>>30103152
http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/9211-differences-new-v-old-229-a-2.html
M11 is just rebranded with AF designation. It is no longer a P228 but a P229-1 made to their milspec requirements.
>>
File: XDS45 4.0.png (848KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
XDS45 4.0.png
848KB, 1200x782px
>>30102140
Agreed
>>
>>30103118
Not really. I wear a size large glove and have the medium grip installed on my PPQ
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.