[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emergency items/stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

What does /k/ carry for emergency needs? I just discovered Benchmade's SOCP series ( not sure what SOCP stands for and would love to know; pic related. They also have a serrated version of the knife ) and am thinking I'll be making a purchase. Seeing it made me wonder what you all carry, how you like the items and if you have used them.
>>
File: BM915SBKnw.jpg (50KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
BM915SBKnw.jpg
50KB, 800x640px
>not sure what SOCP stands for
Special Operations Combatives Program

the rescue tool seems cool but benchmade makes triage blades which would be more ideal.

the SOCP dagger is quite nice to put on a plate carrier but I prefer folding blades for daily carry.
>>
File: Condor Bushlore.jpg (116KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Condor Bushlore.jpg
116KB, 800x533px
>>30083610
>not sure what SOCP stands for and would love to know

Special Operations Combatives Program. I learned that via Google in like 5 seconds.

Those knives are dumb gimmicks geared towards mallninjas, feel free to get them but be prepared to get laughed at by people who spent half as much on more practical items.
>>
File: DSC02108.jpg (712KB, 1000x1784px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02108.jpg
712KB, 1000x1784px
>>30083666
>Those knives are dumb gimmicks geared towards mallninjas
except you know the Rescue tool which is clearly geared towards EMS, still nothing wrong with having a small tool you can stab things with
>>
>>30083696
>Writes his tripcode on everything

How are you any better than taco tits?
>>
>>30083696
The rescue tool being geared towards EMS means jack shit, it's still a gimmick. You yourself posted a knife that also includes a seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker along with a real blade and a better grip.
>>
>>30083730
>everything
because two things certainly are everything.
>>30083742
its also twice the cost. if the guy already had a knife why would he go buy an entirely knew one when he could go buy the dagger. it has its place just because you can't place its value doesnt mean it doesnt have one.
>>
OP here;

>>30083653
Thanks for defining SOCP. I do like their Triage and a very nice sales rep named Corrine was telling me about hers/the automatic version she gave her friend but I'm having a little trouble getting past a folding strap cutter. I'd feel much better with the SCOP rescue tool which looks as if it could double as a make-shift kubaton ( not that I'd want to use it for that ) as a last-resort.

>>30083666
>>30083742
Can I ask what makes it gimmicky?

>>30083891
This is correct; I already carry a utility knife with me as part of my EDC. If I were to get a second EDC knife I'd want something slimmer/fixed like the dagger ( I don't want my emergency-based items to be folding ) in the OP but at this point I'd feel content with just the strap cutter/glass breaker/O2 key.
>>
>>30083891
>if the guy already had a knife why would he go buy an entirely knew one when he could go buy the dagger.
>it has its place just because you can't place its value doesnt mean it doesnt have one.

Those are incongruous statements. Any knife can be used as a seatbelt cutter and glass breaker, the rescue tool can only be used for those purposes. That tool is expensive and flashy and performs fewer functions than a $20 folder with a dedicated glass breaker and seatbelt cutter, it is by definition a gimmick.

>>30083966
See above. That tool is designed for people who never stop buying things because they think they need a tool for every single niche.
>>
>>30084017
>seatbelt cutter and glass breaker
sure can, but the SOCP and Triage have those dedicated because they want to reduce risk to the person they're trying to rescue.

hell you cant even stab with the triage
>>
File: SOG Escape black.jpg (69KB, 900x328px) Image search: [Google]
SOG Escape black.jpg
69KB, 900x328px
>>30084067
>the SOCP and Triage have those dedicated because they want to reduce risk to the person they're trying to rescue.

That's a good point, but like I said earlier you can get those very same dedicated tools on much cheaper knives, most of which will have a better grip than the SOCP rescue tool, as well as an actual blade.

SOG's Escape has a dedicated seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker and a blade and it's 1/3 the price of the SOCP rescue tool.
>>
File: DSC03638.jpg (509KB, 1818x1022px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03638.jpg
509KB, 1818x1022px
>>30084146
>SOG
>aus 8 steel
yeah no thanks.
and the seatbelt cutter on the SOG knives kinda sucks, I had a Trident at one point and I just gave it away once I got my Torrent.
>>
>>30083666

Yeah you have no idea what you are talking about. If you've gone through SOCP you'd understand how effective it is.
>>
>>30084184
I'll admit that I'm also wary of new SOG, but there's nothing wrong with AUS8 in a folding knife.

>>30084194
>Muh magical moonsteeru seatbelt cutter and glass breaker shit all over gaijin tools

Sure thing dude, and Chris Reeve makes the best knives in the world.
>>
File: 01mb456.jpg (15KB, 470x350px) Image search: [Google]
01mb456.jpg
15KB, 470x350px
>>30084146
>>30084303

I've never really experienced any of SOG's products and would most likely buy a Schrade product instead of anything SOG makes. I know they are far from being the best company on the market ( their multi-tools suck, their "premium" materials are very par with the market and they seem to make too many variants of their better items ) but they actually make a decent knife that has a glass breaker on it that comes with your choice of a 3.3 inch or a 2.4 inch blade. Boker also makes a "compact" rescue knife; pic related, that comes in a nice tin for about $14.00 which makes a decent gift ( although I'm skeptical of Boker's quality too ).
>>
>>30083666
while it doesnt serve as many purposes as a multi tool or isnt going to be used to cut open Mr. Es like your knife, it serves into alot of functions that your knife does not

>the circle allows for total retention in a hand to hand situation
In a hand to hand fight to the death you will be able to do grab this thinner profile blade and hold on for dear life. and if need be can open your hand and not worry about dropping the blade

>should you be able to draw a pistol you can do so with this knife in your hand.
i know cause ive tired. with a regular blade you would have to drop the knife or sheath it. with this you dont have to pick

is the blade limited on its uses? yes. but it doesnt claim to be a blade of many uses. it was made for fighting and doing whores in.
>>
>>30083891
calling shit on a canvas art doesnt necessarily make it so
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.