[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6.5 superiority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Download (3).jpg (6KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
Download (3).jpg
6KB, 201x250px
I've decided that I should upgrade from the 5.56 and am ISO a 6,5 caliber rifle similar to the AR style. I'm pretty new and am not familiar with many brands, aside from colt and overpriced companies. Any recommendations for a $800 budget?

Also argue and shitpost about which caliber is best
>>
>>30031318
All the full sized 6.5 cartridges (with the exception of 6.5 Swede) are pretty much marketed solely to long ranged target shooters.

6.5 Grendel is a snowflake that has little in the way of aftermarket support.

Either way you're going to want to invest in a reloading setup.
>>
>>30031357
Already have a reloader. I have a Shit ton of land, with a homemade range extending to ~500 yards. I'd mostly use it for hunting, but I enjoy target shooting as well.

I've always gone with store brands,though, but am looking for a reliable, good bang for your buck brand that isnt in the local gun store.
>>
>>30031318
just make a 6.5 Grendel upper for your ar15.
>>
>>30031318
Is this for long range work or just the same thing you'd be using 5.56 for? That's the first thing to consider. If for long range shit youre gonna need a .308 sized action.

If you wanna stay with your AR the only real option is .25-45 SHARPS
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-22-20-29-51.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-22-20-29-51.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>30031318
>Also argue and shitpost about which caliber is best

Friendly reminder that there could have been FN FALs And G3s in 6.5x55 Swede if NATO standardization wouldn't have fucked everything up.

Also whats up with these mad ass capchas?
>>
File: Berger.jpg (430KB, 865x1701px) Image search: [Google]
Berger.jpg
430KB, 865x1701px
>>30031318
A 6mm LBC would be about ideal.
6.5mm is much better out of a larger cartridge. But a Grendel/SPC case necked down to 6mm using 95g bergers, thats about as superior as your going to get into an AR magwell and still have mag capacity.
>>
>>30031357
>AR in 6.5 Swedish
I need this
>>
I would love a Mauser or Carcano in 6.5mm.
>>
>>30031318
Check out the mega maten in 6.5 creedmoor. Probably the best quality bang for your buck you'll get. Check out 8541 tactical for his build videos.
>>
>>30032837
>Carcano in 6.5 with a scope
My dick just ejected its clip downward.
>>
if you already have a 5.56, all you need is a new barrel and bolt if you run 6.5 grendel. wont even be 800 bucks.
>>
>>30032232
>If for long range shit youre gonna need a .308 sized action.
why?
>>
Any of you guys hunt whitetails or hogs with the AR wildcat cartridges? How successful have you been, and how far has the game run after a lung shot? Also, how wide was the blood trail?
>>
>>30033987
overall case length. The AR-15 doesn't allow enough case volume to get a projectile far enough. The 6.5Grendel tries to do what 6.5CM does, but without enough powder, so it doesn't do great. Even if you do a 6.5CM AR-10 (which you can build fairly easily), you have issues of overpressure when you try to get the 140/143gr projectiles, so you're limited down to ~130gr and you've lost the advantage of 6.5CM. Also, you should have 24" barrel minimum; 26-28" is best.

If you need a semi auto, go for an AR-10 in .308; it can get out to 1k-1200 without too much hassle. If you want long range, get a bolt action savage 6.5CM 10T from Cabela's; they have them on sale for $529 right now.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.