[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: heckler9.jpg (234KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
heckler9.jpg
234KB, 600x344px
Whats good /k/

I'm thinking i wanna get my CC and grab a hand gun. i know at the end of the day it comes down to shooting a bunch and picking what i like best, but there's one i'm leaning to and i wanted opinions.

also feel free to share any info you'd like with me.

>pic related
>>
File: SIG_M11-A1-Photo.jpg (128KB, 909x783px) Image search: [Google]
SIG_M11-A1-Photo.jpg
128KB, 909x783px
also thinking about this one.

i know nothing about guns really, but i've shot both of these and i enjoyed them
>>
>>30028299
Glock 19
>>
>>30028318
i've shot a few glocks, dont know which ones they were exactly. i could settle for that if i had too

is this a common first gun people get
>>
File: OBHGG.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
OBHGG.gif
2MB, 320x180px
a few opinions would be good
>>
File: 1451233171214.jpg (2MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1451233171214.jpg
2MB, 2656x1494px
>>30028299
>>30028317
Anyone can tell you get a glock, sig, hk etc but at the end of the day, it's up to you on how it feels in your hand, how the controls fit and what features you want or don't want.

I personally love the Sig P22X series but I wouldn't push you into buying the M11 for conceal carry. They're sweet shooters but they're heavy and excessively bulky for what they are. If you really do like the Sig 228, look into the P239. It's basically a P226/228/229 but slimmed down but unfortunately 8+1.

I would tell you to buy a fullsize or compact for your first gun then another smaller one dedicated for conceal carry but suggesting the P239, it's both big enough to use as a regular handgun and somewhat small enough to conceal. There's plenty of guns that do this like the Glock 19, M&P9C and PX4 compact.
>>
>>30028387
thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

i looked at the p239 like you said and at first glance it looks a little small, but ill have to shoot it to decide obviously
>>
File: P30s 3.jpg (508KB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
P30s 3.jpg
508KB, 1296x968px
>>30028299
I wouldn't recommend a P30 as a CC gun. The grip texture is really rough and leaves a rash unless you wear an undershirt, and even then it tears a hole in the shirt. I CCed my P30 for a while and quickly replaced it.

If you want a CC HK look into the P2000sk or P30sk (I prefer the P2000sk)
>>
>>30028457
thats excellent advice, exactly the kinda stuff i was looking for, thank you. adding them to the list to shoot. im assuming these are all guns that are somewhat common in gun shops right?
>>
File: 1463296659250.jpg (113KB, 639x583px) Image search: [Google]
1463296659250.jpg
113KB, 639x583px
>>30028443
>but ill have to shoot it to decide obviously

You should but be assured that it shoots just like a P226 or P229. You can even put the SRT kit in it. Good on you for trying out guns unlike most people here that blindly buy their shit.

Some size comparisons from top to bottom.
>P226/MK25
>P229 (what you shot basically)
>P239

And if you're looking for an even smaller 9mm, there's excellent striker fired 9mm's like the S&W Shield, Glock 43 and Walther PPS.

I have the Shield and even it holds the same amount of bullets, I'm getting the P239 because I love the DA/SA on my regular P226.
>>
>>30028503
thanks man, i wanna make a smart purchase because i enjoy guns but i dont know anything about them. if i was gonna buy a gun without thinking about it id buy a FN 5.7 haha

im not looking for a small gun but i dont want something too big either, i spend a lot of time in north philly so its gonna be something a little intimidating
>>
>>30028569
You're probably going to end up buying more guns so don't be too critical on if your first gun doesn't double as a duty and conceal carry gun.

Take weather into consideration and what you usually wear year round, especially summer. You can't get away with conceal carrying bigger guns in hotter weather. If I could strongly suggest two things, pick 9mm and get a holster made from a reputable company that has good quality control.
>>
>>30028628
awesome man, i appreciate the solid advice, you really helped me a good bit
>>
>>30028691
No problem. Just do your part in research and be an educated buyer. Use slickguns to find good prices on guns.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.