[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memphis Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: memphis.jpg (168KB, 1000x348px) Image search: [Google]
memphis.jpg
168KB, 1000x348px
So Tennessee is awesome.
I'm from Ohio, also great IMO.
I'm forced to go to Memphis on vacation which I'm told is:
>Liberal shit hole
>high crime rate
>Minority rich
I'll be taking a gun. Is there anything to know about Memphis conceal carry laws?
>>
TN is awesome! The CC laws are the same as everywhere else in the state. But definitely bring a gun. A big one with lots of ammo preferably.
>>
File: movetomemphis27.jpg (52KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
movetomemphis27.jpg
52KB, 640x425px
>>30014426
>A big one
I was actually thinking about buying a small one just for the trip. Was hoping someone could give me some insight if all the tourist stops will or won't have no gun stickers up, if people in the city will be chill if I accidentally imprint or do I really need to cautious about the concealed aspect of it?

We're going to some pink house thing and some bbq place my sister saw on TV. Possibly our last family vacation together so I want to play along and enjoy it.
>>
>>30014397
Tennessee is great Memphis is a shit hole
>>
File: memphis.jpg (442KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
memphis.jpg
442KB, 1024x768px
>>30014604
Yeah, that's kind of the whole thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjK11WeU9JE#t=16
>>
File: Untitled.png (112KB, 988x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
112KB, 988x1172px
Okay I found it but what is the general sentiment towards guns in Memphis?
Are business owners generally going to freak if they catch a tourist conceal carrying?
Are the signs common?
Any Memphis fags on?
>>
>>30014397
Where in Ohio are you from OP

I went to Memphis, did the Beal street & Graceland stuff about 10years ago. Stopped for gas in a poor black neighborhood - looked like a shanty town.

Some guy tried to sell me books from his trunk at the gas station, kinda crazy....

I know nothing about the carry laws unfortunately
>>
>>30014397
>scared of Memphis

what is your favorite brand of tampon?
>>
>>30014914
I live south of Dayton Oh. and frequent

http://vra-ohio.com/
http://shootpointblank.com/dayton-ohio/

Both are good but busy ranges. VRA has suffered a bit from Shoot Point Blank opening but the staff is always really nice to me. I went into Point Blank the other day and asked the RO if I could practice rapid fire. He responded, "You can do whatever you like, we know you can shoot and when you can shoot we let you do what you like." So that was pretty cool. It pays to go frequently enough to kind of get to know the guys a little bit. I can't shoot rapidly for shit though, I still get a group my group is about 6" low at 21'. Not sure if jerking the trigger down or anticipating recoil or trying to look over the sights at the target, maybe a little of each.

Anyway, I digress. The thing I have to answer is basically a risk to benefit analysis:

What are the chances of getting in trouble for carrying where there is a sign banning it and what is the penalty. Does this outweigh the risks of not carrying?

Near as I can tell it's just a $500 fine which, while steep, is worth the risk but
>do they confiscate your gun?
>would it give you a criminal record affecting our right to buy guns or ability to get a job/loan etc..?
>What is the attitude of the police towards individuals that have a permit and will they screw them?
>How do businesses generally react if someone is carrying and they have the sign up?

I'd like to know these things and I haven't found the answer googling.
>>
>>30014962
Everyone keeps telling me that's it's a very high crime rate area with a lot of gang violence.
There are articles about the police suppressing crime reporting numbers too under pressure to not harm the tourist industry there.
Near as I can tell from reading it's not much different than parts of Detroit or some post dystopian future nightmare.
>>
>>30014914
>Some guy tried to sell me books from his trunk at the gas station
>books

oh dear god, you must have been terrified. Same scenario when I bought my Sub2k
>>
>>30015014
I'm from Springfield & work in Kettering.

If I found myself in Memphis again, I would carry for sure.

Probably can't get into Graceland without passing a nonguns sign though
>>
>>30015058
Wasn't scared, but I don't use my GPS to find gas stations anymore
>>
>>30015049
Very similar to that shithole slum part of Detroit you drive past before crossing under the lake into Windsor, literally broken Windows & tarps everywhere.
>>
>how to carry without looking like your carrying

Get a pair of baggy ish pants or khaki shorts that go above your knee and a checkered baggy ish shirt, wear a cheap pair of running shoes or vans flat tops. Look like a dad or a hipster. Carry iwb. Bam, now you can carry anywhere.

The checkered shirts helps to hide the shape of the gun and looking like a dad/loser means no one looks twice at you except to rob, and looking like a hipster means you're a faggot and noone looks twice except to rob you. So basically you blend in and look like a faggot. You might have to use your gun though I'd you pull it off too well.
>>
>>30015117
My friends occasionally make fun of me for "dressing like a Dad."
They don't realize I take it as a compliment.

>You might have to use your gun though I'd you pull it off too well.
While it's hard to disagree with statements that seem nonsensical, let's just assume you're projecting. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>30015145
No faggot, my advice is to dress as either a dad, or a hipster. You won't get a second glance.

Regarding the "you may have to use it"
If you take a wrong turn and end up in niggerville, and you have effectively pulled off the "dress like a chump" outfit you may very well have a Tyrone attempt to rob you. Which of course means you will need your gun.
>>
File: life_is_beautiful_22_1.jpg (70KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
life_is_beautiful_22_1.jpg
70KB, 640x409px
>>30015289
Okay, thank you.
>>
Last bump in case any Memphis people have joined us.
>>
>>30014471
Memphisfag here. Pink Palace? That's a pretty cool museum (Pretty sure they don't allow weapons). Business owners/employees in downtown Memphis might get kind of pissy/scared over carrying, so you will probably want to make sure you don't print. Most restaraunts and touristy stuff won't have explicit no weapons signs, so you should be able to carry most places but the Pink Palace.
>>
>>30015049
I drive through some of the shithole parts at least once a week and I have never seen or been the victim of any crime. Most crime here is petty robbery and there aren't many active gangs.
>>
901 boo here, literally carry everywhere, crime here is probably the only city in the state reported to decent levels, except around the University. Most people won't care if you carry, especially in the eastern parts of town. Stay South of Summer and North of Southern and you should probably be fine.
>>
>>30017509
>>30017537
>>30017589
Thanks!
>>
>>30017537
Was eating in restaurant when people at the next table jumped up and screamed that's our car as some nig nogs drove off with it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.