[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sodium/Potassium ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: we talk about the potential for sodium/potassium filled hollow point rounds.

The BackYardScientist created these prices of ammo, and in theory of shooting a person it will, explode, have the same results but more effective as hollow point ammo, or if it gets caught inside of a person, will set on fire inside a target because of the water in the blood making the metal react.

Could this become a real ammo? Thoughts /k/

https://youtu.be/dhbWfhBDNzk
>>
>>29976783
>Could this become a real ammo?
>price per kg lead: 4$
>price per kg iron: 72$
>price per kg sodium: 250$
>price per kg potassium: 1000$
the answer is no
>>
>>29976862
The price would be higher yeah, but people with too much money are everywhere, it is an intresting concept
>>
>>29976783
It's potentially more devastating, but a lead bullet is going to kill someone just as dead. You don't need to set someone's torso on fire to end a threat
>>
>>29978521
>need
>>
>>29978521
Sure you don't *need* to but man is it one hell of a bonus.
>>
>>29978645
>>29978653
Free market, dumbasses. Nobody is going to buy something that's patently useless except as a niche toy, and since the materials are incredibly expensive and can explode in contact with air, nobody is going to go through the hassle of selling them for such a low margin.

Mouthbreathers like you are just as terrible as the guns are evil crowd, you're fucking gibbering like retards whenever someone says your trigger words.
>>
>>29976783
Honestly, this is going to get you into the same legal troubles that poisoning your ammo would.
>>
>>29978521
I agree. Shooting someone in the heart and or face is perfectly fine. Why do you need to explode their bones, burn their organs, disintegrate their flesh, annihilate their cells and then squeeze their soul like a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlGktf00-o bad sci-fi?
>>
>>29978521
>potentially more devastating
bullets that dont make it 6 inches into water dont make good self defense rounds
>>
>>29978700
>Nobody is going to buy something that's patently useless except as a niche toy
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>29978873
Do you know what niche means?

People only make shit like zombie knives and taser shotgun rounds and explodium bullets when they're either 1. cheap to make and sell or 2. easy to make expensive. They don't have a lot of people who buy them.

These rounds are
>Low Demand
>Expensive to manufacture
>Expensive to make safely
>Expensive to transport safely
>Come with regulation
>Have expensive materials

Nobody is going to sell them.
>>
>>29976783

>hollow points explode

nigga what
>>
not exactly a new idea
https://desustorage.org/k/thread/21533551/#21534001

I'd stuff a lead hollow point with potassium.
>>
>>29978521
>need

Is it your first time here?
>>
>>29979112
>posting before reading the thread
fuck off summer
>>
>>29978972
>Do you know what niche means?
yes... niche doesn't mean "cheap", in fact, it's usually the opposite. "Niche", in economics, basically means "limited, but focused, demand"

Koenigsegg cars are a niche toy. Does that make them cheap?
>>
>>29976783
Pretty interesting. I would keep a couple hundred rounds as a novelty if someone manufactured them.
>>
>>29976862
> implying French fries cost this much
>>
>>29979134
Are you gonna pay a couple hundred dollars for a box of these rounds, anon?
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 71x98px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 71x98px
>>29979173
Why not?

Would you pay a couple hundred dollars for this t-shirt?
>>
>>29979173
he might not but someone will
>>
>>29979190
Yes if it is for ants
>>
>>29979196
that's the only size that most people can afford for that shirt.

A medium costs over $250
>>
I prefer the /k/ napalm rounds
>>
This is a shit test cause potassium and sodium react with water but lead doesnt.

They really should've used a different medium thats non-reactive.
>>
So are they considered DD's /k/? The last thing I want is for him or others to go to jail because the law wasn't specific enough or will look only to fuck you up the ass.
>>
>>29979283
yeah not like the body is 60% water or anything.
>>
>>29976783
Doesn't pure sodium/potasium ignite on contact with air anyway? Maybe if it were russian 5.45 style ammo with a hollow nose cavity injected with it. But the amount you could fit in there would be negligible, wouldn't do much, especially for the cost.
>>
>>29976862
$72 for 2.2 lbs of iron?
I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>29976862
>iron at $72/kg
Guess how I know you're a lying bitch nigga.
>>
>>29979379
He has a dog too. I don't know if the ATF can resist.
>>
>>29976783
Apart from Na and K being highly reactive (forming corrosive salts when exposed the atmospheric moisture), Pb is almost 10 times denser than Na and over 5 times denser than K; you'd need a huge ass bullet to make up for the weight difference and that probably won't fit into a standard magazine, no to mention cost, handling risks, etc.

It's not a practical idea by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>29980593
he got it from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prices_of_elements_and_their_compounds
>>
>>29976783

Theoretically, wouldn't having an explosion happening at the very tip of the bullet as soon as it hits drastically lower the amount it would penetrate?

>>29978979

Nigger did you seriously only get the words "hollow point" and explode out of that post? Go back and read the rest of it before replying. Just don't hurt yourself, there are some big words in there.
>>
>>29980953
Apply yourself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=price+of+iron+per+lb
>>
>>29976862
Iron ore is $55/metric tonne.
>>
>>29981323
But surely the process of turning that ore into steel is an exotic, esoteric space-magic that costs billions of dollars, right? It can't be so stupidly simple people have been doing it for thousands of years, right?
>>
>>29976783
i have a question... what would the shelf life of these be and how would they fail? Would there be a possiblity that they would burn in a hot gun?
>>
>>29979393
i know for a fact blood activates sodium. dont ask.
>>
>>29984693
dude, this shit activates on a humid fucking day and from the oils on you skin. On top of that, it is soft as fuck. you can literally cut it with a butter knife.
>>
I want sodium potassium pellets for my pellet gun and sodium potassium arrowheads for my bow.

NOW!!!
>>
>>29976783
If it was a useful idea it would have been done by now on a meaningful scale.
That's your answer.
>>
Using explosive bullets for self defense.... Say if our favorite nigger slayer Zimmerman shot The Martin kid with one of these he would have been found guilty.... The da could argue that though he carried his forearm in self defense, the ammo he selected to use for his pistol was with the intent to kill and maime.
>>
>>29984717
There are a lot more potent ways to assure your target is killed with 1 bullet without making a mess that an explosion makes.

This includes hallow tipped rounds that rupture releasing cyanide and other exotic poisons into your blood stream and such.

Im pretty sure military and government agencies posses such things....and more.
>>
>>29984719
>It's legal to kill someone, but don't kill them to dead.

Wrong. If you're legally entitled to kill someone in self defense, there's no restrictions to how you do it.

The only exception would be if you deliberately take your time and/or kill after they are no longer a threat.

I.E if you wound them, disarm them, monologue and then execute them that won't fly. If on the other hand someone kicks down your door and you happen to be getting ready to clean your Vulcan on the other side, you are legally permitted to BRRRT his shit.
>>
>>29976862
>price per kg sodium: 250$

Sodium is literally salt, you moron. You can get packets of it from McDonalds for free.
>>
>>29984753
There's a thing called appropriate force that needs to be considered. You must only use the exact amount of force necessary to neutralise a threat.
>>
>>29985202
And who decides what's appropriate? You gunna call your local judge before you shoot tyrone in the face with your exploding bullets?
>>
>>29985214
>And who decides what's appropriate?

A jury, or judge.
>>
>>29978972
Youtube gun channels are designed to get millions of hits from meme bullets like this you fucking retard.
>>
>>29985214
Apparently the cop who shot Michael Brown used too much force, but I can't really say since I don't know how it went down. The media makes it sound like Brown was standing around before the cop came out of no where and magdumped into him.
>>
>>29976783
Rather have gallium filled bullets, these ones can't punch through batriers at all.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.