[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I making a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: P07.jpg (36KB, 495x357px) Image search: [Google]
P07.jpg
36KB, 495x357px
Is the P-07 a dumb choice for a first pistol? Local shop has one for $425, its the duty model
>>
>>29949862
Stupid awesome choice.
P-07 duty is a great carry gun as well as a wonderful shooter.
>>
>>29949862
Do it, I own one and absolutely love it.
They have a bit more felt recoil then the -09, but for a first gun, they aren't bad...
The only shit part, is buying CZ mags...
your wallet, and tears are required, not necessarily in that order....

Otherwise, good guns, reliably feeds everything from HST, to shitty wolf.
>>
What did you pay for it?
>>
Get a Glock, treat it well. If you don't like it, you can sell it very fast.

Nothing wrong with the CZ but if you're new to the thing the best for you is to have a feel with different makers/models before purchase IF YOU CAN. Or else on a budget its not a stupid thing to default with a Glock
>>
File: Tiny Hands.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny Hands.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>29949900
Hands a little too small
>>
Is it a CZ75 P07 or a CZ P07. Thats fairly important
>>
>>29949924
The P07, not the 75 P07
>>
>>29949862
bump
>>
>>29949862

I prefer the duty to the gen 2 myself. Check the serial, there's a small number of serials starting with "A" susceptible to frame bulging but "B" should be fine.
>>
>>29949862
>>29950086
$425 + tax is going to be around $460 OTD, which is not bad if that's all you can afford. I have only heard good things about these guns from owners. If you like it, it's not a bad decision.

There are a lot of options in that general price range, though. You'll find most polymer handguns priced in the $475-575 range, and there are a lot of great options out there. There is not a huge market for polymer frame DA/SA handguns, and the CZ 75 P-07 in particular has a very small share of the market in general. I am not familiar enough with the gun in question to know why for sure, but I can tell you that DA/SA firing systems are not high on my list for features that I prefer in a handgun when there are so many other options out there with all of the advantages and none of the drawbacks.
>>
>>29950262
$425, no tax in NH. I'm concerned about some of the reliability gripes people have been having.
>>
>>29949862

Does your local shop have a range for you to rent it before buying? Otherwise you always have customer support/warranty. While the aftermarket for the P-07 isn't very large yet, you can buy almost all the replacement parts from CZ-USA. Cajun gun works and others sell components if you want to add some of the gen 2 features to your gen 1.

I havent experienced a malfunction (~750 rounds through mine so far).
>>
Duty model is worse in almost every regard to the P-07 model.

P-07 is a great gun but when they dropped the "Duty" part they upgraded a lot of shit and for me the dehorning was a really good move.
>>
>>29949862

Duuuuuuude.

CZs have excellent ergos and SA/DA is fun as h*ck IMO. Great first pistol, and if I'm not mistaken you can change the decocker for a safety and vise versa so you can carry hammer down or cocked and locked, whichever you like.

Please please please don't listen to people telling you to buy a glock. Glocks are good work guns but they aren't very much fun.

For a first gun it is an EXCELLENT choice. Very unlikely to leave you wanting more.
>>
>>29950224
I have the Duty and my only complaint is the sharpness of the sights, but wasn't aware of this... and of course my SN starts with "A".
>>
>>29953768
>Please please please don't listen to people telling you to buy a glock. Glocks are good work guns but they aren't very much fun.
The P-07 is the very definition of a "work gun" as imagined by CZ...
>>
>>29949923
I too have shitty hands, which is part of why I chose the P-07. It's a perfect fit.
>>
>>29949862
This was my first gun, an excellent voice indeed!
>>
>>29953798

Didn't say it wasn't a work gun, just that it's more interesting / has better ergos (imo) / is better looking than a glock.

Glocks do the job without any frills which is fine, and I own a few, but I shoot and collect guns for fun. Glocks are just... boring.
>>
>>29954001
>has better ergos
Both guns literally have a rectangular tube for a grip. The only difference is that the Glock will force you to cock your wrist down a bit more, while the CZ will allow you to have a slightly more neutral wrist angle. Neither is bad; they're just different from each other. Some people say that cocking your wrist down, as the Glock promotes, can help to lock the joint and have a more stable "skeletal platform" to hold the gun with. Other people say that a more neutral grip angle, like on the CZ, allows you to point the gun more naturally with less training or conscious thought.

I would look more at things like whether I prefer a DA/SA firing system (not whether I can "deal with" DA/SA, but whether I prefer it), the aftermarket, cost of magazines, and also the quality of the different parts of the gun, including the trigger. I don't personally think that EITHER the P-07 or a Glock is the best in its category, so don't think I'm slamming one to recommend another.
>>
>>29949862
your answers here

>>29939677
>>
There's more difference in ergonomics than grip angle, though that's probably the biggest difference.

The texturing is much more aggressive on P-07 as is the beaver tail. The gen 2 P-07 has interchangeable backstaps but glocks have a large aftermarket. The slide on CZ is harder to charge from battery, but the slide release is much easier than glocks. The P-07 has a larger frame for a high grip. The palm swell on the P-07 goes much higher taking up more of the palm and the grip narrows significantly at the web of the hand.
>>
>>29949862
Almost all CZ guns are solid guns. So no, it is a good choice for your first gun.
>>
>>29949924
What's the difference? I know precious little about CZ (not OP btw)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.