[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YouTube hate thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: RL-660x358[1].png (318KB, 660x358px) Image search: [Google]
RL-660x358[1].png
318KB, 660x358px
I'm drunk and this isn't strictly weapons related.

Does anyone else hate Alex C., from TFB TV?

At first I thought he had some good content, but after watching his shit for nearly a year, he just comes off as passively abrasive.

There's this psuedo-genuine persona he's trying to put on. Like he's an old college buddy that you spoke to a few times at parties, but makes your relationship out to be as if you were life long friends.

He doesn't nothing outright offensive or annoying. The content of his videos is fairly barren of substance apart from nominal facts and figures.

But there's just something about the way he presents himself and whichever firearm he has at hand that makes me hate him.

Ian from Forgotten Weapons is a good foil to Alex C. He's formal, but amicably makes himself out to be the host of the show - not some buddy that you might have had. He presents everything clearly and professionally without being boring.

It's as if Alex C., is the faggy 5th grader that's too much of a shitlord to fit in with 5th graders, so he's showing off to 4th graders. Whereas, in keeping with the aforementioned example, Ian is a competent professor in an upper level class that knows what he's talking about and is genuinely passionate about the subject.

I'm not the only one that sees at least some of this, am I?

I guess also post gripes about other firearm related YouTubers.
>>
>>29941323
Alex was a trip on /k/ for a long time pham. Not alot of people like him
>>
>>29941338
>>29941323
he is a trust fund baby, who use to tripfag with his fathers collection years ago on /k/ and shits on any movement to increase the common mans second amendment right. especially when the hollis vs holder came out he complained and pretty much agreed with and loved the idea of the machine gun registery to stayed closed.
>>
>>29941323
Lots of people will agree Alex C is a pretentious douche. I won't lie, I'm jelly of his Daddys guns, but he acts so high and mighty about it.

And MAC is ultra-pretentious and takes himself too seriously and cannot take any criticism.
>>
File: lolk.jpg (988KB, 3101x2326px) Image search: [Google]
lolk.jpg
988KB, 3101x2326px
>>29941338
Been here since 2006, honestly never noticed (pic related).

>>29941359
>>29941377
I know the whole daddy's guns thing, but it's just like, there's a better way to present it. In keeping with my previous counter-example, Ian largely deals with other peoples guns, but makes sure to mention that they're not his and how glad he is to have the funs in his hands and respectfully presents them - Alex is never humble about his funs.

Also, yeah, his "muh investment" status on machine guns makes him even more hateable.

MAC is a shill and, as mentioned, takes himself _way_ too seriously.

Lastly, I'm extremely drunk now.

Thanks for contribooting.
>>
>>29941323
I can't stand him either. I stopped watching completely after his "Top 5 Metal Wonder Nines" video. There was nothing objective about the video, he just listed his favorite wonder nines. The worst part was when he listed the P7M13 as #1 while the S&W 59 didn't even make the list.
>>
>>29941699
I feel as though he picked the p7 as #1 purely because of its price.

Now whether its because his taste is just expensive or he chose it purely because it was expensive is not for me to judge, but it did fumble my Willards that the S&W steel frames didnt make it up there.
>>
>>29941699
>>29941725
have either of u shot a p7?
>>
I like him. He's always come off as someone trying to stay professional in his videos. My only gripe is he tells he's from Texas any chance he gets. Why faggot Texans do that is beyond me. They're worse than crossfitters
>>
>>29941774
No, I understand it to be very light shooting though (funny enough thats what people say about a lot of 9mms, but anyway) It has a unique gas system that apparently makes it more reliable, even though other wonder nines on the list are just as reliable, though the system does make good use of the gas system to make the gun really hot really fast given a couple boxes of ammo

but it was shoehorned into the list in the first place by the fact the regular p7 isnt double stack and wouldnt count as a wonder nine to start with, the m13 yes, but not near enough were made to constitute such an obscure pistol getting the #1 spot.

they go from the BHP, the most prolific 9mm in the world during the cold war, to a niche version of a niche service pistol.

TL;DR, either rich fag cherry picking or I just dont have taste.
>>
>>29941789

I can tell someone from Europe or Japan that I'm from Texas and they'll know exactly what I mean.

Nobody knows or cares about your faggot ass state. We know how upset non-Texans get about this so we mention it at every opportunity.
>>
>>29941725
If price were really the determining factor, then a short rail CZ or 92 billennium would be a more appropriate #1. Of course it's not like we'll know for sure since he never explained the rational of his rankings. Considering The number of times he's shoehorned his dad's mp5 into a video, it's safe to assume the main reason the P7 was number #1 was simply because it's HK.

>>29941774
Yes. I liked it apart from how hot the slide got, but it definitely isn't the best metal frame wondernine.
>>
Honestly when it comes to TFB I despise Nathaniel F even more than Alex C. He's a fat disgusting neckbeard who writes strongly opinionated articles, who then proceeds to write lengthy and extremely rectumagonized comments whenever somebody ends up disagreeing, which is fairly frequent.
>>
>>29941810
Thank you for proving my point. Yall quit trying to act hard like you're from Montana or Wyoming. You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>29941819
To be honest most top 5 lists have no criteria because they're simply low hanging fruit for click bait most of the time.

Also have to agree, 1st gen CZ or a higher-end made 92 would have been far more deserving for the number 1 spot, and maybe putting the S&W model 59 at the #5 or #4 spot depending on your opinion of the Hi Power.

>it's safe to assume the main reason the P7 was number #1 was simply because it's HK.

With the amount of shilling he already does for that company? I'd say its more than safe.
>>
File: texan photography.png (253KB, 696x498px) Image search: [Google]
texan photography.png
253KB, 696x498px
>>29941810
>>29941789
OP, again.

As a Texan, I dislike him.
>>
>>29941856
Shilling implies that HK actually pays him. He does it for free.
>>
>>29941866
Didn't you guys JUST get open carry or something? Last I checked, you couldn't even carry bowie knives
>>
>>29941856
When did TFB become predominantly clickbait? And why is it always Alex C and Nicholas C?
>>
>>29941879
texans are hyped fags that will all be at least part mexican by 2050
>>
>>29941919
I consider Texans to be Californians because they try to act like they're big sky country folk.
>>
>>29941323
Well this always triggers a huge derailing of assmad fans and trolls but I'm gonna say since It's how I honestly feel...

Like with many I used to like Nutnfancy because he made honest gun reviews that from the begining were lengthy and undeniably autistic in comic book nerd levels of discusion and tactical fudd lore that is repeated on many other gun youtube channels and blogs but had some nuggets that could be worth while, but over time his ego started to inflate and his fans and project members have created a culture around him that is misguided at best and down right deluded at worst.

Over the years he willingly exposed more of his...unusual and troubled domestic life from his child hood to now as he raises his sons.

His vocabulary speach mannerism have an aloofness and elitist arrogance and passive agressiveness to it accompanied by a faux surfer dude or california valley hipster accent that makes him sound like annoying ear rape.

And while he accepts no sponsers, his gushing reviews of things he likes are basically promotions for free and he even admits his videos promote sales.

In the end, while we felt attached to these early yourube gun channels like Hickkok45, Twang and Bang and many others MAC became a total shill Sootch was always a shill and who ND's all the time, I feel being a devout follower of Nutnfancy is more harmful because parroting his words makes you that simpsons comic book guy but for guns, and if you try to emulate his life style and believe in his POU for how to live your life and see the world, you'll become an anti government militia type who wishes a SHTF will happen, not to test your survival skills, but have fun trying to be a gun toting hero, or be a raider worse than a Day Z payer IRL.

I mean come on, Living in Utah may not mean he's Mormon....but that culture is domminant there and is rubbing off on him.

Hell he's Ted Cruz supporter!!!
>>
>>29941925
(Sigh) California was home to wild west and twilight years of the Cowboys...
>>
>>29941323
100%, There is this underlying smugness and autistic "trying hard to be funny" thing he does, every video sounds like a damn school presentation by the class neckbeard.

James on the other hand is a motherfucking KING, Alex should provide the weapons and James should do the presenting IMO.
>>
>>29941810
Thats because Texans talk about their home state the way outlaws talked about themselves in the old west. They didn't have the internet or news channels so they had to tell every person they came across who there we're with a list of credentials like anyone should give a shit. Same with Californians. Its hard not to know about Texas when it comes up even though it contributes nothing to the conversation.
>>
File: 1461416345134.webm (639KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1461416345134.webm
639KB, 640x640px
I love Ian.

>tfw I will never grope Ianfus butt
>>
>>29941958
Well that's probably one of the better write ups on the subject I've seen.

I used to appreciate the autism due to the bits of info it could provide, but then opinion nearly turned to fact with him despite his claims of it just being an opinion. And the autism doesn't work when he's clearly out if his element, like trying to cut down a tree with a splitting axe
>>
>>29941623
>MAC is a shill and, as mentioned, takes himself _way_ too seriously
He's definitely guilty of both of those things, but I still like his content and you can really tell how much he just fucking loves guns.
>>
>>29941323
Only gun channels i watch are Forgottenweapons and Hickock45, InrangeTV is alright but Karl is annoying with all his wehrboo shit
>>
>>29941323
I never minded Alex C., finding out he's a trust fund baby is not the least bit surprising. With all his guns and at least three different vehicles I have seen in his videos not to mention the land and everything else I figured he either won the literal or figurative lottery. You don't get to do all that, spend all your time doing all that, and not have a lot of dosh to back it up.

Douche he may be, I don't know, but he doesn't come across like that. I don't see him as putting on an act of being like an old buddy either. He just seems like someone that knows a fair amount (cause he does nothing else) and is autistic when it comes to talking to people. I don't know, he comes across very awkward in his videos to me. To the point that it's sometimes uncomfortable.

And no, he doesn't seem like a Texan at all. He seems like a try-hard. I would be surprised if he was actually from here.
>>
>>29941377
>cannot take any criticism
You'd probably be the same way if you had /pol/ users spamming you day in and day out about jews and shilling.
>>
>>29942983
did iab kick his ass\
?
>>
File: 1442698513173.jpg (61KB, 480x644px) Image search: [Google]
1442698513173.jpg
61KB, 480x644px
>>29943322
No, he'd get vuurwaped
>>
>>29942983
Was he in on that?
>>
Alex reminds me of most of the self-important rich kids I've met. He MIGHT be a decent guy, he might be a scumlord. I don't know. But he has that veneer of someone who's never faced real hardship and looks in the mirror a little too often.

TFB is definitely trending towards clickbait. The last real writer is Nathaniel F and he honestly does good homework. A lot of the time he's contrary for the sake of being contrary, which can get tiresome. But I'll take it over regurgitated fudd lore.

TFB TV is just "what do we have handy? Good go with that" which means easy to make, easy to sell.

Their whole model on both fronts is buy cheap, work easy, sell much. Which is profitable and you see a lot of "genuine" blogs head this way over time. It sucks but they'll follow the money.
>>
>>29941830
I completely agree, he seems the worst out of all the gunblog writers and it seems like he considers himself to enough of an "expert" where anything he manages to pull out of his fat ass with his "research" should be regarded as gospel.
>>
>>29941810
Texas is the home to the worst Barbecue in the entire USA
>>
/// join our 2ch weapon channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDvLhP7pyy4ZUnT1Az1-qA?view_as=subscriber
>>
File: 1447512571787.jpg (32KB, 356x487px) Image search: [Google]
1447512571787.jpg
32KB, 356x487px
>>29945418
too fat to shoot or write about guns
>>
>>29941856
It's even worse how alex cc's a P7 and he admits he carries ~20% of the time.

Dude has more money than sense
>>
I really hate this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pbquj-6MVc
>>
I hate Patrick sooooooooooo much.
>>
>>29945697
Why wouldn't he? I'd have less respect for him if he bought "beater" guns like hoarders do while their high quality pieces (if they progress past the buying mosins stage) sit in the safe. It's a gun that's perfectly functional in that role.
>>
>>29941866
What is Everyone else's box supposed to say?
>>
File: 1438109651556.jpg (58KB, 454x454px) Image search: [Google]
1438109651556.jpg
58KB, 454x454px
>>29943287
>And no, he doesn't seem like a Texan at all. He seems like a try-hard. I would be surprised if he was actually from here.
>>
>>29946461
He lived in Australia (Sydney) for most of his life. That's why he's a good for me but not for thee insufferably fake faggot. Guns aren't even his main interest. He's said he wants to go back multiple times.
>>
File: 1456109814351.png (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456109814351.png
444KB, 800x600px
>Any firearms channel
>Doesn't have a quality microphone to pick up the loud report of said firearms

Fuck you MAC. I wish Dugan made it big his production quality was leagues above the rest.
>>
>>29946347
Did you read the second half of the sentence?
>>
>>29943146
Karl is the best.
>>
>>29941919
Texas is festering faggot-hole.

I'm sick of hearing about Texas this and Texas that. The rest of us don't give a fuck about Texas

If "ya'll" could just shut the fuck up, most of us wouldn't hate you so much.
>>
>>29941798
Hell, the whole video is fucky. The P7 and BHP aren't even technically wonder nines - W9s are DA/SA by definition and both of those won't fire with the hammer/striker down.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.