[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock perfection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 1122.jpg (227KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
1122.jpg
227KB, 1100x733px
>Talking to people about favorite handgun.
>"Glock perfection bro, you can't go wrong."
>Changes trigger
>Changes sights
>Skeletonized striker w/ lighter striker spring
>Coated striker block w/lighter spring
>Milled and serrated slide w/ cerekote
>Stippled frame
>Shaved trigger guard
>Flared magwell
>Tungsten guide rod
>Extended mag release
>Extended take down lever
>Extended slide stop
>Competition barrel
> Three times the MSRP of gun in mods
>Glock perfection.
>>
>>29931851
Two kekkels for you
>>
>>29931851
That slide is insanely cringe worthy. Can you imagine the man child that owns such a thing?
>>
>>29931851

the only thing that really needs to be changed on a glock is the stock sights, which are comically bad.

that said, the "glock perfection" slogan is pretty bold, but they are the best gun for reliability to cost ratio. They also have a solid combat record.
>>
I can see sights, and the extended controls. Maybe a trigger if you're into comp. But slide cuts, strikers, guide rods, RMR mounts, etc. is just excessive for most people. I don't see the need to put more than what you paid for the gun in mods on it.
>>
>>29931913
At least it's memorable. Apart from HK's 'No compromise' thing I can't remember many

>Ruger: Arms makers for responsible citizens
Top cuck

>>29931980
What the fuck is with people worrying about guide rods.
>>
>>29931913
Sights and trigger. And ergonomics. And... actually, I can't think of anything in a klok you wouldn't want to immediately change.
>>
>>29932071

>I dont like it so its shit for everyone
>>
>>29932093

I don't like it, but there are extremely few people who prefer glock ergonomics after they try some better designed pistols, such as CZ75, PPQ or P30.

And you seriously can't be defending the glock trigger.
>>
>>29932104

it's a fine trigger. is the 1911 or even BHP trigger better? of course. is the glock trigger better than a DA sweeping trigger? definitely.

>CZ, PPQ, P30 are better designed

t. random autist on an outdated mongolian paper folding forum

>inb4 butthurt
>>
>>29932131
You stink of Austrian plastic.
>>
>>29932071
I don't like the p30 trigger at all, HK took a step back on that one
Glock is a good medium priced firearm
>>
File: 1442023309358.gif (580KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1442023309358.gif
580KB, 480x360px
>>29932008
>Ruger

COME ON IT'S NOT HARD.

Rugged. Reliable. Ruger.

I DID IT FOR THEM!

IT EVEN HAS THE FUCKING ALLITERATION
>>
>>29932143

>anyone who doesnt say glock a shit is an austrian shill

these threads are always the best
>>
>>29932158
It's ok, HKfags are mad that their no compromise wants in on the striker market and they are not as popular as glocks
>>
>>29932158
Not a shill. Just a raging fanboy
>>
>>29931893
Why do you care what other people do with their own money? You're just as bad as gun grabbers.
>>
>>29932203
Found him :^)
>>
>>29931893
Manchild with a lot of money and balls to do whatever pleases him.
>>
>>29932216
>hur hur I trol u
>so cool, many memings
>>
>>29931851
Are you complaining about people building a competition gun out of factory glock? It isn't marketed as a competition gun and lacks most of the advanced features that go with that so I don't see a problem with people modding it.
Other than that, some people will mod just about anything they get their hands on to make it look/perform better in their eyes. Take car for instance. Just because people slap tons of aftermarket shit on a honda civic or accord doesn't change the fact that those are quality and great value cars from the factory.
I don't think glocks are perfect. In my opinion they are the civics of the gun market - affordable, reliable, quality guns that do their job well and have a huge aftermarket.
>>
>>29932177

>GLOCKS A SHIT

They're fine

>SHILL

No, I own many firearms, some are glocks but I like the glocks too

>FUCKIN FANBOYS REEEE

kill yourself
>>
>>29932222
Fucking Kek. Nothing about that abortion says "balls" except maybe that he gargles them.
>>
kek. Some of you miss the point. Glocks are great handguns. But you come off as an idiot, if you stand by the term Glock perfection, then proceed to change everything about the gun until it barely resembles a Glock. Obviously it's not perfect if the only thing you don't change is the locking block.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey guys. I don't usually browse /k/, but I just found out my dad owned 13 glocks and this thread seemed to be appropriate place to post this.

what the fuck
>>
>>29935452
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it seems his disease is fatal. You know what to do.
>>
Anyone have the 43? Does it actually have a functional slide release unlike the Shield?
>>
>>29935452
Put him down before he tells you the Glock 42 revolutionized the .380 market.
>>
>>29931851
Meanwhile you could have gotten a CZ or Tanfoglio and had a gunsmith smooth out the action, maybe change out a few parts to alter the travel and weight, and select your grip of choice and you have a better gun for 1000-1500 dollars.
>>
File: 1433777413104.png (419KB, 444x519px) Image search: [Google]
1433777413104.png
419KB, 444x519px
>>29935741
>Tanfoglio
>>
>>29932203

Yep, because laughing at someone's incredibly poor taste is the exact same thing as wanting to take away peoples' guns.

So what made you go with "Chaos and Pain" in old English font on the slide?
>>
>>29931851
>all that shit
>on a 9mm
Surely makes this gun a cunt wrecker
>>
>>29932349
Fucking kek '

this goes for all people who put skulls on their gun too
>>
>>29931851

Is that shit for real or is it a joke like the $4300 Hi point?
>>
>>29931851
>still cheaper than a mid tier 1911
>>
>>29932131
>BHP trigger better?
Despite being single action, BHP triggers are notorious for being ass. And good thing with most DA pistols is that you can choose to shoot them SA at your leisure.

Stock Glock triggers suck. This isn't because they're striker fired, it's because they suck.
>>
>>29931913
Sights aren't bad but I do agree that upgrading them to tritium night sights is probably the best mod you can do for one.

I tried the extended slide stop and mag release but I replaced them with the stock parts because i didn't like the feel of them and I power rack the slide automatically anyway from having trained to do it so much.

I also put on an extended and threaded barel but replaced it with the stock one as I haven't gone through the process to get a can for it and the black barel is more covert. I also did the titanium guide rod thing but I replaced that with the stock rod as the light in the front adds enough mass to minimize muzzle flip and I don't mind the additional milliseconds of lockup time.

All in all I have tried all the mods and went back to stock config with a tac light and tritium night sights because I don't mind giving up a bit of night stealth for being able to see my sights in the pitch blackness, people need to realize this is a thing that could happen and has in the past. Night sights are not all positives. The Glocks are perfect combat pistols just the way they are.
>>
>>29935766
>being this pleb.
>>
>>29931913
"Perfectly adequate" just doesnt have the same ring to it.Neither does "extremely decent"

Its like bottled water
>>
>>29932275
It does however liken to the guys that go
"Hey /k/, I literally just purchased X gun online and I was wondering how I can dump 2/3 of it's msrp into replacement parts, even though I haven't handled the gun and therefore don't have Amy opinions yet"
>>
>>29935452
There had had damn well better be an OD frame or RTF2 in there somewhere.
>>
>>29935597
Nope. Everybody at this point has out-Glocked Glock. It's their own fault for sticking to the Porsche model of weapons development.
>>
>>29932153
Go to bed Larry
>>
>>29937591
>Porsche model of weapons development
What's the porsche model of develoment? As in, what did Porshe do?
>>
>>29932008
Sphinx:
The Best of Swiss Austim
>>
>>29938976
People complain that Porsche never innovates with their styling and layout for the 911 cars.

They certainly look similar but they have many, many differences model year to model year.

Also people complain that Porsche roadsters, suvs, and sedans all look like 911s so that adds fuel to the fire.
>>
>>29932131
Ergonomics wise, all the listed pistols are light years ahead of kloks.
>>
>>29931851
Glocks are the Scions of the handgun world.
>>
>>29931893
>so anyway your honor, we need you to just ignore the fact that the defendants firearm says uhh "chaos and pain" on it
>actually screw it, I'd like to put it forward to the court that this imbecile is clearly incompetent to stand trial
>>
>>29931913
>comically bad
that's a stretch and a half
>>
>>29936254
Not in the picture, but there is an RTF2 in the shelf.
>>
>>29931851
I'd love to own that without all the emblems and text.
>>
>>29937591
>Nope.

Thank god, I was about to have post purchase regret for buying a shield. How is seating the mags? They're a bitch to do with the shield when the gun's closed
>>
>>29935950

Are you literally retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>29937591
Agreed I own a glock 19 for cc and dad owns a mp shield with saftey

My next purchase is gonna be the shield but without safety.

Fuck glock 43, glock shoulda released it 4 years ago and with more then 6+1
>>
>>29934181
>>
File: a (584).jpg (247KB, 1280x881px) Image search: [Google]
a (584).jpg
247KB, 1280x881px
>>29931851
>generalizes
this reply was not a bump
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.